Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Bloop posted:

Nintendo branded ones are just overpriced products for grandparents

Yeah but right now at Best Buy the Nintendo brand is $100 and the plain SanDisk is $130

Edit:

2/20

today

Len fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

Yeah but right now at Best Buy the Nintendo brand is $100 and the plain SanDisk is $130

oic

Nintendo ones probably less likely to be fake tbqh

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

How does EverSpace run on God’s own console?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Len posted:

Amazon is still iffy to buy SD cards from correct? The 400GB card is $50 vs Best Buy wanting $100 for the Nintendo Branded one

It's generally safe BUT you never know on the other hand, the Nintendo branded one has a mushroom on Koopa shell on it...

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Len posted:

Edit:

2/20

today

Wow, that's a nice deal for the Nintendo branding

Actually normal branding in the first picture is pretty nice :v:

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I am super excited about news on Rune Factory 5. I just hope the events aren't as RNG-y as 4's.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

If you want the Mario35 Pins, you can enter for a chance to win one of the two sets (220 available per) on the Nintendo website here.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I saw someone mentioning Planescape today and thought I might buy it. I checked the eshop thinking it would be $10 or so. Seems about right for a 20 year old game. LOL me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hate the goddamn ice skate in Mario so much.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This “blue coin bustle” ice skate challenge in bowsers fury is like the most frustrating thing wtf. The ice skate controls like absolute poo poo, missing a coin is pretty much game over, over correcting a turn is game over, then you have to slowly climb all the way back to the top every single time which can take minutes. It’s like the most unforgiving challenge out of nowhere in the middle of a kids game.

Which is just baffling to me because everything else in BF is piss easy but I am finding this loving impossible. I just keep coming back to it and it never gets any better. I must have tried it 30+ times.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

OgNar posted:

Nice, I somehow completely missed that, thanks eshop that doesnt actually show you what you search for.
Actually, I think I only typed bomber which doesnt show it.
Now the wait for a cheaper price begins.

You can also find the game physically for like 15 bux at wall-mart.

Rolando
Jan 12, 2021
30 bucks for a mario branding on a tiny SD card is pretty steep. Especially when one considers that the SD card is never visible.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

This “blue coin bustle” ice skate challenge in bowsers fury is like the most frustrating thing wtf. The ice skate controls like absolute poo poo, missing a coin is pretty much game over, over correcting a turn is game over, then you have to slowly climb all the way back to the top every single time which can take minutes. It’s like the most unforgiving challenge out of nowhere in the middle of a kids game.

Which is just baffling to me because everything else in BF is piss easy but I am finding this loving impossible. I just keep coming back to it and it never gets any better. I must have tried it 30+ times.
I'm trying to make it through the last challenge stages of Mario 3D World, and one of them is a series of like 30 rooms that each need to be cleared in less than 10 seconds. The eighth or ninth room is an ice skating level. It sucks so bad.

I just don't get something fundamental about the wall enemies. Sometimes they stop, sometimes they change directions. They don't seem to be moving on a timer. It doesn't seem like it has to do with my position with respect to them, or me turning or jumping or anything. Sometimes I can jump over them, and sometimes I ram into them even at the peak of a jump.

Very frustrating.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mister Facetious posted:

the lack of Super Bomberman on SNESflix is a real disappointment.
Does SNESflix support 4-5 players?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The United States posted:

Does SNESflix support 4-5 players?

I'm not subbed to Nintendo Online right now so I dunno, but from a technical sense there's nothing preventing multitap-esque support if Nintendo wanted to.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

OK goons, help out a dumb dad here. I got the kid a Switch bundle at the start of lockdown last year. It came with a wired pro controller that he prefers to the joycons. The cable broke and I’m struggling to find a replacement cable. It uses a mini USB cord but port is set deep into the controller and has a weird shape; a regular mini USB cable won’t fit. The only Switch USB cables I can find are USB C, which this isn’t. Anybody know where I can get a replacement?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Zombie Dachshund posted:

OK goons, help out a dumb dad here. I got the kid a Switch bundle at the start of lockdown last year. It came with a wired pro controller that he prefers to the joycons. The cable broke and I’m struggling to find a replacement cable. It uses a mini USB cord but port is set deep into the controller and has a weird shape; a regular mini USB cable won’t fit. The only Switch USB cables I can find are USB C, which this isn’t. Anybody know where I can get a replacement?

Maybe it's micro usb? Take a picture of it if you can

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Check the brand; I'm guessing it's PDP, because that's a feature of their controller design.

https://www.pdp.com/en/shop/spare-part

Looks like they're sold out of the micro-usb though.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Mini USB = what PS3 controllers used (looks like a hat)

Micro USB = what PS4 and Xbox One controllers used (looks like a trapezoid)

USB-C = what Switch Pro, PS5, and Xbox Series controllers use (looks like an oval)

Which one is it?

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

sorry, it's micro USB. I have other micro USB cables at home; the issue is that it's set deep into the controller so it requires a particular housing; I'm posting at work so I don't have a photo here.

If Switch uses USB C now, I'm guessing that this must be an older model of controller?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Beastie posted:

How does EverSpace run on God’s own console?

It runs great! I've never played it on another system so i have no other baseline but I've never had any issues.

It's real pretty.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Nintendo's Pro controllers have always used USB-C, the oval one. If your controller doesn't have that, then it's a 3rd party controller, not made by Nintendo.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Zombie Dachshund posted:

sorry, it's micro USB. I have other micro USB cables at home; the issue is that it's set deep into the controller so it requires a particular housing; I'm posting at work so I don't have a photo here.

If Switch uses USB C now, I'm guessing that this must be an older model of controller?

Can't you just get a cheap cable then cut the housing away until it fits?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Zombie Dachshund posted:

If it's deep set into the housing, and if the controller doesn't work without being plugged in, it's a PDP, and probably looks like this:

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Spanish Manlove posted:

Can't you just get a cheap cable then cut the housing away until it fits?

I tried that! I couldn't get it to fit right, though. Might be worth trying again.

Mister Facetious posted:

If it's deep set into the housing, and if the controller doesn't work without being plugged in, it's a PDP, and probably looks like this:

It looks like that, except that there's a little groove set in the bottom.

I could swear that the controller was made by Nintendo, but I guess not. I'll check it out again when I get home.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Once you find out who the manufacturer is, you can probably contact them directly and ask for a replacement cable. I once contacted a company that makes a charger dock for Dualshock 4s and asked if I could buy some replacement charging connectors, and they just sent me two more for free without question.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

$60 for the official pro controller is a solid investment, but I get that it’s pricey.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller/dp/B01NAWKYZ0/

Some argue that it’s the best of the generation to include the PS5 and Xboxsex.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I really enjoyed that 99 dollar pro controller plus mario odyssey deal Wal Mart had a few months back. But it's probably a rare switch owner that didn't already have that game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

External Organs posted:

I really enjoyed that 99 dollar pro controller plus mario odyssey deal Wal Mart had a few months back. But it's probably a rare switch owner that didn't already have that game.

Yeah that was an amazing deal, especially for new Switch Owners who where getting one for the holidays.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

veni veni veni posted:

There's a sewer pipe cannon at the bottom that launches you back up to the top, but even still, this was the worst possible shine for me to try to go for for my 50th.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

External Organs posted:

Man you overpaid

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:nice:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I wish there was an affordable Project Diva controller out there. You can get those mini PlayStation ones for the older games, has anyone tried those? I can't believe there isn't a better option to slap those buttons

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

veni veni veni posted:

This “blue coin bustle” ice skate challenge in bowsers fury is like the most frustrating thing wtf.

It took me a few tries but I got it as soon as I watched a video of someone else doing it and realized that they give you enough time that there's no need to use the run button. You can go minimum speed the whole way and still just make it as long as you don't miss coins.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Zombie Dachshund posted:

I have other micro USB cables at home; the issue is that it's set deep into the controller so it requires a particular housing;
This doesn't help your problem, but it's pretty messed up that a controller features a "standard" connector but still requires a proprietary cable.

Edit: If for some reason you're ever in the market for a wireless replacement and don't want to pay full price for a Pro Controller, the 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ is highly recommended here and routinely goes on sale for $40. The only real downside to it is that it doesn't turn on a Switch in sleep mode by pressing the Home button--so you have to manually turn on your Switch first or use a Joycon to do that.

An updated version, the SN30 Pro 2 is also coming out shortly but the additional features it has over the Pro+ are probably something you don't need.

ExcessBLarg! fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 19, 2021

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Zombie Dachshund posted:

I tried that! I couldn't get it to fit right, though. Might be worth trying again.

It looks like that, except that there's a little groove set in the bottom.

I could swear that the controller was made by Nintendo, but I guess not. I'll check it out again when I get home.

I've got a wired controller for my switch from PowerA that does this, and I think those controllers new are only like 15 or 20 bucks so may be easier to replace if you can't find a cable.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
My copy of Hades came in today. As far as I can tell it's self-published by Supergiant. The digital version must've done so well that they felt confident enough to self-publish the physical release. Either way, good on them.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

ExcessBLarg! posted:

This doesn't help your problem, but it's pretty messed up that a controller features a "standard" connector but still requires a proprietary cable.

No kidding!

Especially frustrating is that when the cable first stopped working, I told the kid he could get a wireless controller as a Christmas present. He picked out a third party controller because he liked the color; sure enough, it broke after two months. So this time I think I’m just going to pay the $60 for an official Nintendo product, figuring it will be better made and last longer. And if I can get a working cable for the old controller, we’ll have two controllers for epic Smash tournaments.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

switch pro when

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-7Zb_vjil8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Controller wise I feel your pain, the only pc controller I have without drift has a similar thing going on. Weirdly the thing I found with the same indent was a printer but the PC cable was a different USB standard than the one you're talking about so I don't know if that's a solution