Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

HopperUK posted:

I find that interesting because I felt like the original Prison Architect devs went to a lot of trouble to be as ethical as they could be. The execution is handled like it's a very serious, very bad thing that's happening. It's entirely possible to build a prison based on reform and rehabilitation. I suppose I mean it's as ethical as it can get while still being about prisons.

Then it got sold off and the new devs brought out the 'psych ward' DLC and I noped out pretty hard.

Yes, this is what I was referencing with "pre-Paradox", btw. Prison Architect while still under Introversion without any meddling? One of the few cases of really tastefully handling a major issue while still gamifying it. Wasn't my cup of tea mechanically but appreciated it.
Psych Ward threw that out the window with mountains of bullshit. It's a good thing they finally patched in a "go back to the version before we acquired it" option for builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Eh, topic seems fine to me so far, but I have not watched any video or paid for any game. Just going off of words typed on a tv I'm like ~its supposed to be edgy~ I guess.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Mandatory Assembly posted:

Uh, are you guys talking about the Clandestine Site you can build? I think that's kinda mischaracterising it?

The game isn't made by right-wingers or anything. :shrug:

Since nobody else seems to be willing to directly engage - what’s the actual text? I haven’t bought the game but I’m curious now after this sudden influx of posts.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Captain Monkey posted:

Since nobody else seems to be willing to directly engage - what’s the actual text? I haven’t bought the game but I’m curious now after this sudden influx of posts.

I'm going through the tutorial now, and so far this is all I've found - more to come as I unlock this tree.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm going through the tutorial now, and so far this is all I've found - more to come as I unlock this tree.

The only way I'd be okay with that is if the intel it gives you is somehow bullshit. But eh, not really judging or anything; as a couple of people have hinted at, what squicks people out too much is pretty personal. I play violent games God knows, it's not as simple as 'morally wrong thing in game' or anything.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

HopperUK posted:

The only way I'd be okay with that is if the intel it gives you is somehow bullshit. But eh, not really judging or anything; as a couple of people have hinted at, what squicks people out too much is pretty personal. I play violent games God knows, it's not as simple as 'morally wrong thing in game' or anything.

After playing some more, I think that's actually it for torture? As far as I can tell, your clandestine centers let you steal Russian bitcoin/mess with US elections/etc, and your intelligence center is about finding the rebels.

And here's how I understand it:

- each area of your ministry has three choices about how "harsh" your policy should be. Conscription vs volunteer army vs a mix. Ration power, don't ration power. Censorship, no censorship.
- intelligence has you go between "rule of law" aka be better, and torture - what I screenshotted.

I don't think torture should be that effective. I do understand how it fits the game design idea of "pick good vs evil choices" ala frostpunk's child labor. I do like the idea of having to keep an eye on the rebels and making sure they're not planning a coup.

If I'm wrong, please let me know. So far this game seems weirdly/neatly complex but understandable and I'm enjoying it, but I'm also not yet in a frame of mood to dig into it - I got up early to put together a new bed and I just want to screw around with dungeon crawlers right now.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

This honestly doesn't reflect on the devs or the game but I took a look at the Steam page for Rogue State Revolution and :catstare:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Beamed posted:

This honestly doesn't reflect on the devs or the game but I took a look at the Steam page for Rogue State Revolution and :catstare:

It’s exactly the kind of game that’s going to attract garbage. The question is if they’re going to cater to them or not long-term.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Empire of Sin is on Gamepass now, reviews are pretty mediocre-to-bad but so far it seems interesting enough to keep my interest for a couple of hours maybe. I don't think I realized going into it that it's primarily an open world gangster xcom with the empire management trappings around it. I just want to play City of Gangsters :smith:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Beamed posted:

I mean, that is the scam. As middle eastern as colonial dungeons are to latin america. I felt skeeved when Space Haven spent an update on Slavery Mechanics but as a child of Rimworld I get why they make those hosed up first steps. Rogue State Revolution playing in Tropico's playground does give it precident to play in that tone.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

KirbyKhan posted:

I mean, that is the scam. As middle eastern as colonial dungeons are to latin america. I felt skeeved when Space Haven spent an update on Slavery Mechanics but as a child of Rimworld I get why they make those hosed up first steps. Rogue State Revolution playing in Tropico's playground does give it precident to play in that tone.

Uh. Read the last paragraph.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

explosivo posted:

Empire of Sin is on Gamepass now, reviews are pretty mediocre-to-bad but so far it seems interesting enough to keep my interest for a couple of hours maybe. I don't think I realized going into it that it's primarily an open world gangster xcom with the empire management trappings around it. I just want to play City of Gangsters :smith:

Weirdly enough that makes me interested as a fan of XCOM, how is the game as that?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Oh yes, the reviewer is a gross man who's into gross things.

The game playing footsies with GWOT tactics is what I was talking about. I hope it doesn't veer closer to reviewer's Buttegeig fueled fantasies.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StrixNebulosa posted:

Weirdly enough that makes me interested as a fan of XCOM, how is the game as that?

I'm still barely past the tutorial but it seems drat near identical combat-wise, ability bar, AP, Overwatch, shot/crit chance, etc. I can't tell yet if it feels good to play or not in the long run but I think you could have some fun with it if you're looking for something similar with a 30's gangster flair.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Oh poo poo really? That's an instant turnoff for me if that's true.

I was trying to find a review of the game a came across an interview with the actual developer, and he comes across as a very smart guy who is wired correctly politically ( he was on the Canadian government anti nuclear proliferation council and teaches programming at a community college or something), and the interviewer asked him specifically about “touchy” subjects that are addressed in the game. The developer gave a well-reasoned, thoughtful answer, and I was impressed.

Still haven’t got the game yet because I try not to buy anything with the “roguelike” tag because I don’t like the genre and I don’t know what it means in the context of a game like this. Also not going to watch a 6 hour video, lol.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Alamoduh posted:

I was trying to find a review of the game a came across an interview with the actual developer, and he comes across as a very smart guy who is wired correctly politically ( he was on the Canadian government anti nuclear proliferation council and teaches programming at a community college or something), and the interviewer asked him specifically about “touchy” subjects that are addressed in the game. The developer gave a well-reasoned, thoughtful answer, and I was impressed.

Still haven’t got the game yet because I try not to buy anything with the “roguelike” tag because I don’t like the genre and I don’t know what it means in the context of a game like this. Also not going to watch a 6 hour video, lol.

Eh, I think I will. Just not tonight, gotta finish the 6 hr DSP vod a_raving_loon did last night and some other stuffs too.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Alamoduh posted:

Link the interview!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Y’all, the dev is like actually posting in this very thread.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I haven't played the game so I don't know if something like this would fit, but I think it may be more tolerable if instead of use of torture, it might be something surveillance-related, e.g. warrantless wiretapping or something along those lines. Just a thought.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

It was absolutely terrible, but they recently dropped a patch that made it better. I haven’t played it since the patch, so I can’t really tell you if it’s moved up to “mediocre” or if it’s still pretty bad.

It had the general “seek cover and play it safe to focus fire on enemies and hope you can take them out before they seriously damage your guys” vibe that X-Com did really well, and the combats themselves weren’t bad excepting that occasionally enemy AI would spaz out and waste their turn running to a place, then running back; and that some bosses are super unbalanced.

The problem is the overall context. You have to do dozens upon dozens of these battles to start even a small gang, so the tedium of slowly cat-and-mousing a roughly even enemy just gets unbearable. I feel like, in XCOM, my first dozen fights were varied and unique, and after they were over I was maybe a third through the plot? While in Empire of Sin, my first dozen fights were all against the same enemies, with the same abilities, in slightly different warehouses, after which I owned my first city block in a district that had forty blocks in a city that had ten districts.

And to make it even worse, your gang members are incredibly expensive and nearly impossible afford to replace in the early game, so if you have the occasional :xcom: you can’t just lose a little progress and start a new team, you either reload a save or give up.

The only way I had fun with it was to play the super unbalanced bosses and just see how fast I could completely decimate each fight, because you’re going through so loving many of those fights if you take it seriously you won’t get out of the first month. And even then, there’s one loving animation that occasionally happens where a character decides to take a shot, but needs to spend a full twenty seconds cautiously peeking around the corner before eventually jumping around and shooting, and you’ll die a little every time you recognize that it’s starting, because you’re going to see if a hundred loving times and it isn’t interesting after the first few.

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 19, 2021

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Captain Monkey posted:

I knooooow, but I am determined to wierd post through it.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

skeleton warrior posted:

The problem is the overall context. You have to do dozens upon dozens of these battles to start even a small gang, so the tedium of slowly cat-and-mousing a roughly even enemy just gets unbearable. I feel like, in XCOM, my first dozen fights were varied and unique, and after they were over I was maybe a third through the plot? While in Empire of Sin, my first dozen fights were all against the same enemies, with the same abilities, in slightly different warehouses, after which I owned my first city block in a district that had forty blocks in a city that had ten districts.

i feel like if you're going to do a gangster game with combat, then combat needs to be even more rare, not frequent. violence should be almost hitman-esque, trying to stay as subtle as you can as you like beat up a guy and throw him down a flight of stairs. that would be more interesting than these giant gunfights which, while attention grabbing, usually meant serious poo poo was going down and one gang or another was headed for a bad ending. just the whole vibe of "underground criminal organization" and "constant, blaring gunfights" dont match imo

basically while john romero did use to work at id software i just dont think the last couple decades have shown he understands game design

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

StrixNebulosa posted:

I don't think torture should be that effective. I do understand how it fits the game design idea of "pick good vs evil choices" ala frostpunk's child labor. I do like the idea of having to keep an eye on the rebels and making sure they're not planning a coup.

So yes, Strix, you've hit the nail on the head here. That torture policy does provide intel every turn and tank your approval with liberals. If you choose it though, you open up a number of event series that will definitely reinforce just how morally unjustifiable torture is. This is a game design conceit, basically. If there were any choices in the game that just flatly conferred no benefit, nobody would pick them, and you'd never get the associated event chains. You're free to be an amoral bastard when playing Rogue State Revolution, but the game is not going to shower you in rewards for playing that way, it will show you the consequences of your actions.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Link the interview!

That interview is here!

Captain Monkey posted:

I'm not the dev! I am the publisher. But for what it's worth I do want people to know that neither the dev nor me or anybody on the team are gross neo-con torture apologists.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010

So yes, Strix, you've hit the nail on the head here. That torture policy does provide intel every turn and tank your approval with liberals. If you choose it though, you open up a number of event series that will definitely reinforce just how morally unjustifiable torture is. This is a game design conceit, basically. If there were any choices in the game that just flatly conferred no benefit, nobody would pick them, and you'd never get the associated event chains. You're free to be an amoral bastard when playing Rogue State Revolution, but the game is not going to shower you in rewards for playing that way, it will show you the consequences of your actions.

Would it be possible to add text that states that there might be unexpected effects later?

Currently it reads like "Liberals get mad about torture even though it totally works perfectly".

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Hah, so looks like post-apocalyptic raiders won't be in the future plans for Endzone anymore...because they're already present in the game since the release patch. It's the mid/late-game pressure the game needs, since there's not a lot of reason for you to take up mining before raiders were in. Now, you'll need to mine sulfur and manufacture ammo for use against the bastards, if you can't afford to keep bribing them with supplies.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

ive owned prison architect since it came out on steam but have never managed to get into it. it's ugly in a way that rimworld somehow isn't, despite looking almost the same, the interface is horrendous, and the concept of prisons is kind of a turnoff. i don't think i've ever gotten far enough into it to get to the fun part, this most recent time I got to the campaign mission where you have to retake the prison from rioters and just found that boring, then went to make my own jail and got annoyed with the building interface. why didn't they just rip off theme hospital's basic interface like they did for a bunch of the other stuff? it would be so much easier if all the objects were in neat tabs instead of a giant bucket you have to filter, or if right clicking anywhere on the screen didn't cancel your build order. or if the undo button would undo you mistakenly cancelling stuff.

i just want a fun management game to play that has some type of 'evil' or 'weird science' type options

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Mayveena posted:

Now I can't find "Komita" :( There's nowhere on the map with that name. Did you find it?

Komita is the neighbouring city off the south of the map. I haven't finished my line out that way yet but I'm hoping/assuming I can just run a trainline right up to the map border to get that connection working.

I just gave it and shot and yup when you run track up to the border with a neighbouring city it asks if you want to create a connection.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh yes, the reviewer is a gross man who's into gross things.

The game playing footsies with GWOT tactics is what I was talking about. I hope it doesn't veer closer to reviewer's Buttegeig fueled fantasies.

Fairly sure that reviewer is just making GBS threads on Middle Eastern countries and not advocating for sex slavery. Then again, this is the internet, so he's probably an Islamophobe AND a sex pervert.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I did quite like prison architect when erm.. introversion wasn't it? The original devs had it. It is indeed simulating a lovely thing, but I sort of enjoyed the way the game just... lets you run the thing either for profit or to actually try and make people a little better off for being there. Like there's no real reward either way, it's sort of like the tropico swiss bank account, either you can make shitloads of money by killing people or you can run a prison that tries to get people as much education, addiction programs, and quality of life as you can possible manage and the only thing you get at the end is good recidivism stats.

I think it's quite a good game to play if you're playing it from the perspective of "why should anybody have the ability to make this decision about people's lives" because it both illustrates how easily people might choose to just gently caress over their prisoners for personal gain, and also how that's kind of the least effort thing to do. Like you have to actually set out to try and run a good prison for its own sake, which is a fun thing to do from a gameplay perspective and also is probably the best way I can think of to make a game about prisons with decent politics, because there's no incentive to do it, other than your own commitment to doing it. It does make it so that poo poo conditions make people more violent and worse off when they leave, but it's entirely up to you, the omniscient prison architect with the money, whether you even care about that.

But yeah then paradox bought it and now it's just a DLC cash cow.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Yeah to be clear (since there was a lot of discussion after I went to bed) I wasn't saying the torture thing was woven throughout the fabric of the game, I was talking about the toggle that gives you more intel and -rep with liberals which someone screenshotted. It wouldn't let me get a screencap for some reason. I thought the context was clear - there are a lot of oneoff jokes and stuff in the text of the game, but that one stood out to me as poorly handled.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yeah to be clear (since there was a lot of discussion after I went to bed) I wasn't saying the torture thing was woven throughout the fabric of the game, I was talking about the toggle that gives you more intel and -rep with liberals which someone screenshotted. It wouldn't let me get a screencap for some reason. I thought the context was clear - there are a lot of oneoff jokes and stuff in the text of the game, but that one stood out to me as poorly handled.

Yeah I know right, completely mishandled and off the mark. Liberals fuckin love torture.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

KirbyKhan posted:

Yeah I know right, completely mishandled and off the mark. Liberals fuckin love torture.

My leader's lineage name is Obama

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Thanks so much for explaining this!

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Uh, are you guys talking about the Clandestine Site you can build? I think that's kinda mischaracterising it?

The game isn't made by right-wingers or anything. :shrug:

I think the issue here is that it's a weird thing to make torture the singular focus of your intelligence policy. It could have been changed to something like Surveillance while losing practically nothing. For me cryptocurrencies are a similar turn off. I get that this is a slightly silly game with a nation of chickens, mechs and stuff, but I just hate bitcoin and everything it represents and hate to see it acknowledged as 'a thing' in my games.

For an actual criticism, I would have liked to see a slightly deeper policy system in my political sim. You pretty much have the same thing as Democracy, where a policy will give you a bonus to something, a malus to something else, approval with one group and disapproval with other, and you need to balance all of those numbers. Which is fine, but not particularly exciting. It turns the game into a kind of accounts management. I would rather see some policies that have 'real' effects on the gameworld - for example, if you implement UBI, that should flip the way the economy works completely. Or, if you have stuff like Strip Mine, or Deregulate Fishing, I would like to see these resources actually tracked with the possibility of depleting completely, rather than just +yield -environment. Or, you have the Prohibit Unions policy, which should be kind of a big deal - the flavor text says it can attract investment but lower wages, but the actual effect is one unit approval with conservatists, and one unit disapproval with liberals.

Basically I expected either more guts in the systems and simulations, or alternatively more scheming CK2-style. Game seems cool, but not what I'm excited about in this genre.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/Sips_/status/1372941635395407873
Sips is doing a sponsored early look at Evil Genius 2 now if anyone's interested.

Edit: I want this game

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 19, 2021

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

OwlFancier posted:

I did quite like prison architect when erm.. introversion wasn't it? The original devs had it. It is indeed simulating a lovely thing, but I sort of enjoyed the way the game just... lets you run the thing either for profit or to actually try and make people a little better off for being there. Like there's no real reward either way, it's sort of like the tropico swiss bank account, either you can make shitloads of money by killing people or you can run a prison that tries to get people as much education, addiction programs, and quality of life as you can possible manage and the only thing you get at the end is good recidivism stats.

I think it's quite a good game to play if you're playing it from the perspective of "why should anybody have the ability to make this decision about people's lives" because it both illustrates how easily people might choose to just gently caress over their prisoners for personal gain, and also how that's kind of the least effort thing to do. Like you have to actually set out to try and run a good prison for its own sake, which is a fun thing to do from a gameplay perspective and also is probably the best way I can think of to make a game about prisons with decent politics, because there's no incentive to do it, other than your own commitment to doing it. It does make it so that poo poo conditions make people more violent and worse off when they leave, but it's entirely up to you, the omniscient prison architect with the money, whether you even care about that.

But yeah then paradox bought it and now it's just a DLC cash cow.

When I last played several years ago, rehabilitation was absolutely a way to make money. You can educate your prisoners and then have them work in a machine shop, which makes you money. Reducing recidivism made you a bonus (or you took a hit if/when they got arrested after release, don't remember offhand). Having therapy sessions for prisoners made them more placid. There were absolutely game mechanics to strongly encourage rehabilitation.

grate deceiver posted:

I think the issue here is that it's a weird thing to make torture the singular focus of your intelligence policy. It could have been changed to something like Surveillance while losing practically nothing. For me cryptocurrencies are a similar turn off. I get that this is a slightly silly game with a nation of chickens, mechs and stuff, but I just hate bitcoin and everything it represents and hate to see it acknowledged as 'a thing' in my games.

Absolutely not to defend torture but you do realize that state agencies using torture for various reasons, including simply to induce fear, is absolutely a thing in the majority of the world right?

The world is pretty awful.

"Merely" mass surveillance is basically the middle ground at this point.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

grate deceiver posted:

For an actual criticism, I would have liked to see a slightly deeper policy system in my political sim. You pretty much have the same thing as Democracy, where a policy will give you a bonus to something, a malus to something else, approval with one group and disapproval with other, and you need to balance all of those numbers. Which is fine, but not particularly exciting. It turns the game into a kind of accounts management. I would rather see some policies that have 'real' effects on the gameworld - for example, if you implement UBI, that should flip the way the economy works completely. Or, if you have stuff like Strip Mine, or Deregulate Fishing, I would like to see these resources actually tracked with the possibility of depleting completely, rather than just +yield -environment. Or, you have the Prohibit Unions policy, which should be kind of a big deal - the flavor text says it can attract investment but lower wages, but the actual effect is one unit approval with conservatists, and one unit disapproval with liberals.

Basically I expected either more guts in the systems and simulations, or alternatively more scheming CK2-style. Game seems cool, but not what I'm excited about in this genre.

As a general response to this: I think you want a game that doesn't exist in Rogue State Revolutions. These additions would make it more complex but I'm not sure they'd make it better?

I'm speaking as a player who enjoyed the tutorial and is looking forward to playing more because it's striking this odd balance of being complex but also light enough that I can grok it, which is a rarity in a citystate/nation simulator.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Volmarias posted:

Absolutely not to defend torture but you do realize that state agencies using torture for various reasons, including simply to induce fear, is absolutely a thing in the majority of the world right?

The world is pretty awful.

"Merely" mass surveillance is basically the middle ground at this point.

That's not what I mean. Each departament has their main focus, or I guess defining policy, that can be set to one of 3-4 settings. Like, Education has Limited/Nationalistic/Religious/Secular, Taxes have Regressive/Proportional/Progressive.

Intelligence has Authorize Torture/Grey Area (so some torture)/Rule of Law. Seems kinda weird to me to define your entire intelligence operations just by relation to this one thing, instead of like I said, amount of surveillance on your citizens, or maybe a relation between Domestic/Foreign operations, or just regard for human rights/law in general. And then if you want to have torture in the game just make it a researchable policy, like nerve gas or nuclear facility are. Kind of nitpicky I guess, but it bugged me a bit.

StrixNebulosa posted:

As a general response to this: I think you want a game that doesn't exist in Rogue State Revolutions. These additions would make it more complex but I'm not sure they'd make it better?

I'm speaking as a player who enjoyed the tutorial and is looking forward to playing more because it's striking this odd balance of being complex but also light enough that I can grok it, which is a rarity in a citystate/nation simulator.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's bad by any means. Played the demo - it seems cool, but not for me, that's it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Volmarias posted:

When I last played several years ago, rehabilitation was absolutely a way to make money. You can educate your prisoners and then have them work in a machine shop, which makes you money. Reducing recidivism made you a bonus (or you took a hit if/when they got arrested after release, don't remember offhand). Having therapy sessions for prisoners made them more placid. There were absolutely game mechanics to strongly encourage rehabilitation.

I mean you can do all of that yeah but you can also just shove everyone in cubes and starve them and rake in the federal grants which is much easier. That you get paid a flat rate per prisoner encourages you to spend the minimum amount possible for reliable income, or you can try and build a complicated rehab focused prison and expose yourself to the dangers and difficulties of running such a thing. It does have ways to make the prison economically viable either way but I thought the dichotomy between complicated, unreliable, release/recidivism focused income and the grindy, mechanical minimum viable human storage approaches was quite good.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

some real gameplay for EG 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQRL08gHvOU

Things i already see

3 multi layered maps (so far, more might be in finished product) better than the one then the other in the last game.

Being able to place furniture in rooms before they are built and generally plan out rooms before they get started on building

The world stage looks like its greatly enhanced. Theres now like an intel resource which you can get from prisoners thats used in it. Minions seem to be a resource you burn on Schemes to get money, intel, or better minions. Schemes seem to pop up randomly

Zalika seems like a cool villain. She wants to run the world like a coder runs a program.