Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

this is getting more tangential, but I've idly wondered that since a lot of chip production is just centered around a few companies (TSMC, Global Foundries, Intel, Samsung), how people would deal if all of those companies were to just poof - even restarting a production line is going to take billions in incredibly specialized equipment

do we go back to soldering PCBs and artisanal, handcrafted microchips? as of 2004, Intel was producing CPUs based on 90 nanometer lithography. Today, we're down to 7 nanometers, and probably looking at 5nm within a year or less. how does one recover from a manufacturing disaster even worse than COVID?

intel isn't down to 7 yet because they are terrible at what they do.
lol they hired the "i'm a mac" guy to do a betrayal ad campaign about why pc is better cause they can't compete. they're so dumb they don't realize that they are just at best advertising for amd who actually pulled off 7nm years ago while intel still can't get 10 to work and languishes with only 14nm production

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

intel isn't down to 7 yet because they are terrible at what they do.
lol they hired the "i'm a mac" guy to do a betrayal ad campaign about why pc is better cause they can't compete. they're so dumb they don't realize that they are just at best advertising for amd who actually pulled off 7nm years ago while intel still can't get 10 to work and languishes with only 14nm production

intel is another excellent example of an organization driven into the ground and ruined by supposedly expert managers.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

bedpan posted:

intel is another excellent example of an organization driven into the ground and ruined by supposedly expert managers.

managers aren't important as they tell everyone they are but their position gets a lot of people to take them seriously anyway. if anything, a manager powered up with arrogance becomes absolute poo poo at their job and progress only gets made in spite of a manager's vanity poo poo for corporate celebrity

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

yayyy my copy of the McVeigh book came today. plastic-wrapped, in a bubble mailer, inside another bubble mailer. seems like expensive handling costs for an indy publisher :shrug:

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

Backweb posted:

WWII was fought against Nazi Germany the state, not the Nazi Germans.

The whole postwar moral justification only helped entrench the MIC and the organized crime which had initially sponsored it.

It's amazing how much was swept under the rug, while still right there in the open.

(edit: the Soviets knew what was up)

i recently finished the x-files and operation paperclip nazis were working with aliens to make human-alien hybrids with eugenics before exterminating humanity and repopulating it in their image

point being it is shocking how many third reich nazis were put in charge of NATO. i think there was a long.jpg of them posted in this thread awhile back or something

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I thought you posted in connection to Paul Murray who is also not from Memphis (he's from San Antonio) but I didn't want to clown you.

Anyway I think the narrative the police are shaping around the Atlanta shooter is very interesting* and worth keeping an eye on but I don't think Paul Murray is worth anyone's time, seems like a real patriot with brain worms (severe military induced psychological trauma) not some handled-man. I could be wrong but I see no worthwhile motive from three-letter agencies there.

*Anti-asian violence rhetoric on social media cranked up in the weeks prior to the shooting but the narrative, from the police and shooter (police are basically his advocates here), is not one of anti-Asian racism. The lead-up rhetoric is just for more talking, more clicks. Either it was manufactured or it's a hell of a coincidence OR his motives were racially based contra his own statements (as relayed by police).
**From a GLADIO perspective they would be trying to do one, two, or both: mental health crisis narrative for more draconian psychological practices and psychologically justified surveillance/control, and/or reifying sex addiction (not real) and the horrors of sexual deprivation (the sex as a right narrative).

anti-asian violence is rising in the US because US capitalists and state officials have decided a new Cold War against China is necessary.

When the war on terror was launched and the US started destroying countries in the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia, people in the US who look like they could be from those regions were targeted for hate crimes. Same thing is happening now against people of East Asian descent.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Absolutely. But it's been for years and years now, really picking up last year. Sure it was mentioned here and there but it really reached an apex in the last month. Maybe it's more pronounced on my feed for some reason but that's what I saw. So far I've been best able to track color activism given its prominence on Instagram particularly. When apolitical feeds suddenly starrt putting up explainers I immediately raise an eyebrow. This pattern has held true for Ukraine, Uighers, South Sudan, for example.

Edit: importantly, and previously mentioned, anti-Asian sentiment is not a given motive for the crime.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 01:18 on Mar 19, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1372664814250598400

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Facebook needs to be destroyed

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Atrocious Joe posted:

anti-asian violence is rising in the US because US capitalists and state officials have decided a new Cold War against China is necessary.

When the war on terror was launched and the US started destroying countries in the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia, people in the US who look like they could be from those regions were targeted for hate crimes. Same thing is happening now against people of East Asian descent.

have been seeing some poo poo about how anti-asian violence is “mostly” done by black people, in their interest to kill two birds with one stone and pit us against each other

nut
Jul 30, 2019

PMJ was asking about Estabrooks, this is from A Lie Too Big To Fail about the JFK assassination

https://twitter.com/postXamerica/status/1372712704943689730?s=20

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

nut posted:

PMJ was asking about Estabrooks, this is from A Lie Too Big To Fail about the JFK assassination

Estabrooks and West did it, didn't they? they accomplished what we have always assumed was not possible.

even modern psychology probably would deny that it is possible.

(I asked a therapist to do the first baby steps, once. it's not hard. I firmly believe that the key is openness/suggestibility. I was interested and open to it, in the way that a suggestible but unknowing subject might be.)

nut
Jul 30, 2019

you know how they say that a hypnotist couldn’t make you do something you weren’t willing to do deep down inside already?

https://twitter.com/postxamerica/status/1372706677099696128?s=21

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i had several kooks try it on me in a therapeutic setting as a child to no effect, been kicked off stage during the choosing of two stage hypnosis acts...this isnt any kind of naysaying i want to believe but i cant empathize or wrap my head around it at all.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Well it's a good thing there were never any assassinations in Yugoslavia right

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

Well it's a good thing there were never any assassinations in Yugoslavia right

Imagine if the key proponent of Serb self determination was assassinated by a Serb, wouldn't that be a whacky thing that would lead to chaos!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

a cop finding a flimsy excuse to shoot people? unthinkable.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TerroristSweet/status/1369787023767171072?s=19

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/latimesent/status/1372659602651639810

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2021-03-18/armie-hammer-los-angeles-police-sex-crime

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

a cop finding a flimsy excuse to shoot people? unthinkable.

I like how he arrested several of the audience members he had fired upon

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Great to see Facebook remembering its roots: a platform to stalk people you want to have sex with

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

eww, he's dead and gross. who wants to know that kind of scandal? so gauche

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gently caress it, why not

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Make sure you get mom and dad's permission to go online!

jfc what the gently caress, Zuck.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Armie Hammer was well on his way to killing someone, if he hasn't already.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Is he Gladio?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Backweb posted:

Is he Gladio?

I assume he's extremely gladio to dine and dash when the opportunity presents itself.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

nut posted:

mister arm and hammer eating flesh with full impunity

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

when I hear people talk about domestic gladio I always thought it referred to infiltrating left wing orgs with cops and informants, what did gladio have to do with hypnosis or whatever?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

when I hear people talk about domestic gladio I always thought it referred to infiltrating left wing orgs with cops and informants, what did gladio have to do with hypnosis or whatever?

Chef's kiss.

Thanks for the Estabrooks stuff, nut!

Edit: Also, Ghislaine of YOSPOS, its the conceit of McGowan's Programmed to Kill which no one in this thread can actually manage to ignore even if they'd prefer to. I certainly would.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

nut posted:

Was Oswald ever confirmed to have been an MKUltra subject? I'm skeptical of conspiracy theories but it does fit in perfectly with those documents from a few pages ago suggesting brainwashing someone into a communist and having them kill an American politician, plus the CIA was really bitter about Bay of Pigs and a lot of people were angry that he wouldn't bomb Cuba.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

RFK is an easier one to one between brainwashing and assassination. if hes a lone wolf theres no way oswald ran in the circles he did without brushing up against some insanity and if hes a patsy the brainwash angle just reads as part of the larger story.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

RFK is an easier one to one between brainwashing and assassination. if hes a lone wolf theres no way oswald ran in the circles he did without brushing up against some insanity and if hes a patsy the brainwash angle just reads as part of the larger story.
RFK seems obvious. I can believe Oswald as lone wolf, but I was wondering if there was any documented connection.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Oswald only started acting like a lunatic after he was arrested and had a session with Dr. Jolly West. It's in CHAOS.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Oswald only started acting like a lunatic after he was arrested and had a session with Dr. Jolly West. It's in CHAOS.

...Jack Ruby?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Delta-Wye posted:

...Jack Ruby?

Jack Ruby. I'm hungover.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

nut posted:

I should point out that much of the book is based off of Martino-Taylor’s phd thesis, which is publicly available as most are

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ent_in_St_Louis

that's a good read, here's some fun screenshots from it. nothing beyond what this thread probably already assumed but still

also there is a lot of this

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

nut posted:

I could literally point y'all to a community that's more or less an active farm for the development of pliable personality A's, but some of you probably know it idk. it's real though. i really wanna emphasize that. It's not imaginary.

Watching someone with multiple, cultivated personalities slip between them is a frightening sight!!! I cannot stay away from this topic!!!

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Trabisnikof posted:

that's a good read, here's some fun screenshots from it. nothing beyond what this thread probably already assumed but still

also there is a lot of this

thanks for giving some short quotes to really show how blatant and horrible this was. when I think of MK Ultra, I think of a lot written about very little documentation (after much was destroyed by Gottleib). But files on radiation research are comparatively complete and show much clearer the real horror and complete lack of concern for any citizen affected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Riot Bimbo posted:

I could literally point y'all to a community that's more or less an active farm for the development of pliable personality A's, but some of you probably know it idk. it's real though. i really wanna emphasize that. It's not imaginary.

Watching someone with multiple, cultivated personalities slip between them is a frightening sight!!! I cannot stay away from this topic!!!

Vacaville?