Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cardiovorax posted:

I have literally never platted a game before and I refuse to even try.

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I only have a plat for rocket league and even then that only happened by accident

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Sekiro requires you to pay attention more than other From games. Including Bloodborne. I think BB hits the sweet spot between DS and Sekiro.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I only have a plat for rocket league and even then that only happened by accident

I think I never got an air goal or whatever for that

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I only have a couple of plats. Two from telltale games which hand them out on completion. One because you can buy the trophies in game. and Diablo 3 because I really like it and they all came about naturally.

I am one trophy away from platting Bloodborne and that will be gotten from completing the game a second time :)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I made it 10 minutes into the Snyder Cut

The fact that it's in 4:3 is some epic trolling

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I platted Enter the Gungeon but only because I loved playing it up through getting the plat and even to this day (though thankfully beating the resourceful rat at boxing isn't a trophy)

I sometimes tell myself I'll plat some other game I love like GTA5 but the requirements for some of the trophies are so unfun I never even get close

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Platinum in Bloodborne is basically just “I have beaten all the content and collected every item” with basically no mindless busywork or grinding required, I think that’s why it’s the most common From Plat. It also has no PvP or Rep Grind requirements, which are just bad achievements that devs need to stop adding in to games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Simone Magus posted:

I made it 10 minutes into the Snyder Cut

I platted the Snyder Cut

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Why

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Wrong thread lol

But it's in 4:3 apparently because that's how you translate IMAX to small screen?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Wrong thread lol

But it's in 4:3 apparently because that's how you translate IMAX to small screen?

So here's the real spit: Justice League was never shot IMAX. It was shot on 35mm full frame, which is in 1.375:1. It was then masked / cropped to 1.85:1, which is also called theatrical widescreen, for the cinema release. Theatrical widescreen looks almost like a 16:9 image that you'd see in TV.
This was always the intention of the cinematographer when they originally shot it.

For this new cut, they're using the top/bottom of the frame that was cropped out to make the image taller, 1.33:1 (same as 4:3 for TV).

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 19, 2021

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Just stretch it out to widescreen. Or ultrawide for the proper cinematic experience

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just don’t watch a 4 hour movie about Batman

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'd watch an 8 hour movie about Batman.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

At this rate I'd watch a 4 hour movie about anything whatsoever to distract me from lockdown.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What if Tim Rogers reviewed Batman

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

At this rate I'd watch a 4 hour movie about anything whatsoever to distract me from lockdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6JOgDfHlyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_NsueHWrfw

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

haveblue posted:

I'd watch it

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

Now we're talking

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've played many hours of Batman games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

#ReleaseTheRogersCut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I've played many hours of Batman games

I was playing Arkham Origins the other day, the music is really good

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
In conclusion, Batman is less a man dressed as a bat than he is a bat that thinks it's a man.

Shoulda called him Manbat!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Simone Magus posted:

In conclusion, Batman is less a man dressed as a bat than he is a bat that thinks it's a man.

Shoulda called him Manbat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb1viD56zkM

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
You legitimately could spend hours talking about the history and artistic development of Batman as a pop culture icon and one of the oldest comic book characters in existence, so I expect the eventual video to be about two weeks long.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Batman is possibly the single most boring thing on earth. I’d sooner watch a deep dive discussion of the Days Gone guy than any other piece of Batman-related media get made.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

Batman is possibly the single most boring thing on earth. I’d sooner watch a deep dive discussion of the Days Gone guy than any other piece of Batman-related media get made.

Cool story bro

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

exquisite tea posted:

And that's....!!!! ..the BOTTOM LINE..!!!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I mean there has been A LOT of Batman stuff in the past 30 odd years

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What’s it like for Batman fans to go a week, sometimes two with no new Batman movies, shows or video games released. How do you hold it together during those long droughts?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Its crazy how much batman kicks rear end.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

i hate to agree with exquisite tea but even as someone who likes batman I think i've now watched or played or VR'ed every possible variation of batman so if they just didn't make another batman movie or game or app for like 10-15 years that would probably be a good thing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I would never claim Batman is more boring than Days Gone, the most boring game I played this gen.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What if Batman was a Days Gone character?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Deacon St. John

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Deacon st. J-Joker!?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I would never claim Batman is more boring than Days Gone, the most boring game I played this gen.

It certainly looked very uninspiring and rudimentary and boring but when that was brought up there was always some oval office on hand ready to brag about the 50 hours they spent on it.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Days Gone was fun it's just way way too long. I think I read that it was originally going to have splitting story options so you'd play more like 2/3 of what's there but then it got reworked to where you just play everything.

The end is goofy because it feels like you're going to decide between doing one of two big things but instead you just do one and then the other back to back.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I'll be that oval office and say that I enjoyed my time spent overall with Days Gone than with TLoU2. The story and characters were great, and the gameplay was fun as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I didn't play Days Gone but I would also like all zombie media to vanish for the next 10-15 years

Unless,....what if batman....fought teh zombies