Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Mr. Nice! posted:

It’s more likely that there is a circle of prostitution that we are unaware of generally on instagram and there were some crossed wires.

It's definitely a thing. I can see it happening one time where he's like oh you aren't in on the game my bad, but not 12 times. He is definitely getting pros off there too but he's really just trolling for every hot girl and letting it all out and seeing what comes of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

loving believe women lmfao how loving hard is it to understand

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean I really hope that Watson is innocent. But it’s scary because if this is actually some crazy conspiracy concocted by a rich white owner, a crooked lawyer, and over a dozen different women, all to smear and destroy the life of a prominent black athlete all because he didn’t want to play ball contractually, the long term implications for victim advocacy going forward will be cataclysmic.

I think the insanity of the Easterby thing is the only reason why I'm even considering that something like this might be possible (and I hate that I am). If this had come out like, last year, I instantly would have been like, "holy poo poo, gently caress Watson forever," but after months of watching seeing the Texans morph into one of the worst organizations in sports, along with some of the most crooked lawyers do and get away with some brazenly idiotic bullshit after the election, part of me can't help but go "...well, it's not impossible." Plus, there's no doubt in my mind that the NFL would be okay with letting Watson eat all the poo poo for this if the end result means keeping even a fraction of their athletes from being able to have more control of their careers.

That said, I do believe the women until proven otherwise. gently caress Watson

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

The Raptors GM just got the case brought by that cop who tried to shove him off the court dismissed, even though said cop had an insurance fraud conviction and there was a whole full video of the incident, and not much doubt in the minds of anyone who wasn't a raging racist.

(Nothing happened to those lawyers/that law firm except the judge basically begging them to settle earlier in the process and stop wasting their time)

If this Texan Giuliani guy really wants to he can probably drag this poo poo out forever

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

ehh gently caress it, I've wasted way too much brain on the stupid Texans this week

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 19, 2021

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yall don't have to dive head first into an opinion here so you can be smug if you are right. You can just wait until the details are more clear.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Metapod posted:

Yall don't have to dive head first into an opinion here so you can be smug if you are right. You can just wait until the details are more clear.

but then it wouldn't be the internet.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

There is nothing in those texts that is proof that he did what is in the lawsuits though.

No, the text messages that we've seen alone wouldn't get a conviction in criminal court, but unless you think the nine accusers are all figments of Buzbee's imagination, the circumstantial evidence is pretty overwhelming.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Metapod posted:

This post should be the background of TFF whenever there's a criminal or civil accusation involving athletes, imo.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Metapod posted:

gently caress that

dive headfirst into the shitstorm, and then after something concrete is revealed find a way to twist your original opinion into you being right all along

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Small brain: Deshaun Watson committed sexual assault. The Texans are some rear end in a top hat's cult but that's incidental.

Normal brain: Deshaun Watson committed no crime and this is all a plot by the Jack Easterby and the McNair family out of spite.

Galaxy brain: Deshaun Watson secretly hired Buzzbee to accuse him of crimes to force the team to trade him.

Universe brain: Deshaun Watson really did everything he's accused of but only to force the team to trade him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JeromeSolomon/status/1372920987826720773

quote:

Each of the allegations center around separate occasions in 2020, mostly involving Watson reaching out to the women via social media and asking for massage sessions, according to the litigation.

In the latest lawsuits, two women claim he touched them with his penis and exposed himself; another woman said he kissed her against her will, tried to force her to touch his penis and exposed himself; and another woman said he touched her with his penis, tried to kiss her and exposed himself.

I don't like sports, I don't think. Sick of getting gut punched by my teams.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Just over the team after all this. Deshaun being outed as a serial rapist is just like, the final straw in being done with them. I think the Cardinals may be my new team for nuk.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Quiet Feet posted:

Small brain: Deshaun Watson committed sexual assault. The Texans are some rear end in a top hat's cult but that's incidental.

Normal brain: Deshaun Watson committed no crime and this is all a plot by the Jack Easterby and the McNair family out of spite.

Galaxy brain: Deshaun Watson secretly hired Buzzbee to accuse him of crimes to force the team to trade him.

Universe brain: Deshaun Watson really did everything he's accused of but only to force the team to trade him.

Multiverse brain : Buzbee is secretly a giant Deshaun Watson homer and he's independently orchestrated a scheme to keep Watson on the Texans past the draft, at which point he's hoping no one will have enough to trade for him.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

This post should be the background of TFF whenever there's a criminal or civil accusation involving athletes, imo.

:hmmyes:

Just to throw my two cents in, the initial stuff purely from the lawyers Instagram or whatever made him look like a Lionel Hutz-level fool. Subsequent developments have taken it from “Lol this is a fake” to “Uh, there might be something there” and only gotten more convoluted based on the lawyers previous history that includes fake texts or whatever and so all the initial reactions look weird. Right now, until more comes out on this, everyone should just take a step back and not be held to their initial (Potentially sarcastic/joke) hot takes and keep waiting for now.

All that said...

Quiet Feet posted:

Like, if it were any other franchise, this would be the galaxy brain take. Given all the insanity out of Houston over the past year, and that this is becoming the de facto “Everything insane with the Houston Texans” thread post BoB, that something like this seems plausible even for a moment just adds to the whole situation...

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

:hmmyes:

Just to throw my two cents in, the initial stuff purely from the lawyers Instagram or whatever made him look like a Lionel Hutz-level fool. Subsequent developments have taken it from “Lol this is a fake” to “Uh, there might be something there” and only gotten more convoluted based on the lawyers previous history that includes fake texts or whatever and so all the initial reactions look weird. Right now, until more comes out on this, everyone should just take a step back and not be held to their initial (Potentially sarcastic/joke) hot takes and keep waiting for now.

All that said...

Like, if it were any other franchise, this would be the galaxy brain take. Given all the insanity out of Houston over the past year, and that this is becoming the de facto “Everything insane with the Houston Texans” thread post BoB, that something like this seems plausible even for a moment just adds to the whole situation...

I hate that it's even plausible with what a shitshow the Texans have become but yeah.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Quiet Feet posted:

CTE Brain: Easterby/McNair went into rebuild mode last year because they knew this would eventually break, but didn't trade Watson away before it broke because they felt it would be immoral.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
My conspiracy theory since everyone is asking for it is the Texans knew or had at least some idea that there was some dark poo poo in Watson's past as all the incidents are alleged to occur in 2020.

The Texans either were going to cover it up completely or wait until the trade was finalized to take their revenge. They always intended to trade him but wanted to give it time to drive up the price on desperate teams

Somehow Buzbe (who I don't believe has anything to do with Texans/McNairs) got wind of it in the meantime and filed suit at literally the worst time for the Texans. The timing of the suit (slightly after when the Texans said they were open to the trade) is a disaster for them. They are petty enough to leak poo poo after the trade but not before.

Thanks for reading.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If our bedrock assumption is that the Texans are staggeringly incompetent on all fronts, the Occam's Razor answer is that they didn't know anything about what Watson was typically up to and are just as blindsided by this as everyone else.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Didn't the Texans fire their really well respected PR head during Easterby's purges?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That reminds me... In the initial article that kicked this thread off, one former player for the Texans suspected Easterby was stalking him and was writing down license plate numbers of cars that he saw following him or hanging out near him.

Wonder who else Easterby was keeping tabs on.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I really highly doubt the Texans have any active involvement in this. That said if it turns out they've got some sort of clause that allows them to avoid guaranteed money in the event of a civil or criminal allegation then my tune might change. Spite is a hell of a drug but like other folks have said the timing is wrong.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Quiet Feet posted:

Multi-Ddimensional Time Traveler Brain: Buzbee is an agent of David Tepper

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Multi-Ddimensional Time Traveler Brain: Buzbee is an agent of David Tepper Jerry Jones

There can be only 1 team in Texas!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Multi-Ddimensional Time Traveler Brain: Buzbee is an agent of David Tepper Tom Brady

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Is this the single greatest one season meltdown by a team in NFL History?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
At what point here does law enforcement consider opening a criminal investigation? Do they need one of the victims to press charges or can they just unilaterally do that?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Deshaun's agent...

https://twitter.com/DavidMulugheta/status/1372948178996105216?s=20

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

At what point here does law enforcement consider opening a criminal investigation? Do they need one of the victims to press charges or can they just unilaterally do that?

Buzbee said he has been contacted by law enforcement.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
When’s the press conference today?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Victims would need to file with the cops and the DA is going to want a boatload more evidence than what Buzzbe claims to have.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

They can interview people if they choose, but given general LE disdain for things smacking of sex workers, dealing with wierdo lawyers AND he said/she said crimes, I imagine they do not want to touch it with a twenty foot pole.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hizawk posted:

Is this the single greatest one season meltdown by a team in NFL History?

It's really impressive. There have been worse teams than the Texans will be next year I'd imagine, but not worse teams that were up 24-0 on the eventual Super Bowl champs in the playoffs 2 years ago and seemingly had at least a path to an optimistic future.

Suddenly worried that I was wrong I looked up the Houston Oilers and they went 2-14 two years after the Bills comeback. But they were mostly fine as in middling as hell after that one year, which doesn't seemlike it'll be the Texans fate right now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The 2004 Oakland Raiders say "hey".

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
And the ironic thing is if the DeShawn Watson stuff is true they would have been at least a little bit hosed even if they had been run professionally for the past few years. If it's not completely inconclusively disproven I'll be shocked if he doesn't miss half a season or more. If it's true my gut says the days of people getting four games for this poo poo are over.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

No D.A. is going to bring charges in a case where the only possible evidence in a victim's testimony if the victim's not on board.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Probably the best answer to go with honestly.

Though these types of cases tend to become character assassination pieces so we will see how that goes

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

In case you think his trade market has taken a hit.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1372951462100238342

Broncos
Panthers
Jets
Dolphins

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm just saying, if any organization knows how to solve Watson's problems by putting him in touch with the right masseuses, it's THE New England Patriots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Eagles as well

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1372964727186395139