Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah you should at least watch raiders of the lost ark on its own merits, that's one of the best action/adventure movies ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Convex posted:

The days of staring at magazine screenshots and re-reading reviews, trying to imagine how games actually played :allears:

I still remember fantasising how cool tesla cannons were going to be in Red Alert and I was completely right.

I thought that uniracer game on snes looked cool when nintendo power did full page layouts of the tracks and then i played it at a friends house and omg its extreme camera zoom and loud, scrolling background patterns combine with constant changes of direction to make looking at the screen, especially split screen with 2x the chaos, like really disorienting and ugly.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

https://store.steampowered.com/app/775500/SCARLET_NEXUS/

What the hell is "brainpunk"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

anime but cerebral

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

One fun experience I remember was when I got a demo disk from a magazine (when they were still floppies) for some neat speedboat racing game.

The disk must've been faulty because I remember trying it many, many times and it would never work. Then one day my friend comes over and while I'm away from the computer he decides to try it out, boots the disk and apparently the game demo works!

I come back and right as I sit down I notice he's playing the speedboat game. He turns it off because it's boring.

The disk never worked again. I can also not remember the name, so it will forever be my white whale.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kinetic Psychic Combat, the premise of the story and combat revolves around your character using psychic abilities to throw objects at their enemies, silly poo poo like that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

grieving for Gandalf posted:

anime but cerebral

That's what you get when you inject the anime straight into your brain

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i've used too much, my brain is now a horse girl

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This is your brain... on anime

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Brainpunk is the thing that makes me collect a folder of reaction images from anime I dont watch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

Why is Lego Indiana Jones on your list if you have no attachment to the movies

I'm legit curious

All the other Lego games are and I'm a completionist

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The one time I watched an anime because of a gif it was extremely bad

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

Which anime was it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And which gif?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

ah, kill la kill

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

All the other Lego games are and I'm a completionist

Wow, I think there are like 20 of those (at least the ones that Traveller's Tales made).

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ErrEff posted:

I remember playing Hudson Hawk a lot on the Amiga, the music and the opening stages are etched into my brain.

I should add that I have never seen the movie.

you chose.... wisely

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm not sure how much you'd even get out of the lego indiana jones game without movie knowledge but I just want to bring up that the sequel lego indiana jones game does some wacky stuff like with the ending of Raiders of the Lost Ark where the Ark of the Covenant contains a disco ball that forces everybody to dance and Belloq dances so hard he turns grows into a giant lightning god and you have to fight him

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

homeless snail posted:

ah, kill la kill

i thought it was bad when i dropped it. then i read about the second half.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Kill la kill made me stop watching anime for good

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
idiot former me playing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance seven years ago: man this is dumb as hell, i'm going to play something else

me playing MGR: R today: man this is dumb as hell and the GREATEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOpzP33_USs

*slices warheads open with katana before running down a building dodging missiles and then bisecting an enormous mech and sheathing katana whilst not looking back because i am an awesome ninja*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCK YEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHH

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

That's what you get when you inject the anime straight into your brain

Inject the anime into deez nuts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

haveblue posted:

Yeah you should at least watch raiders of the lost ark on its own merits, that's one of the best action/adventure movies ever made

I have a movie list I'm watching through the same way I have a video game list and I'm currently in 1951 so it's gonna be a while

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i did not realize that the Nocturne remaster is 1) coming to steam, or 2) gonna be 50$

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Steam thing is new info as of today I think

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Inject the anime into deez nuts.

where do you think tanukis come from

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

oh wow, I might be getting it on Steam then. my greatest hope is that they'll find an uncompressed soundtrack somewhere to throw in there

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Convex posted:

idiot former me playing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance seven years ago: man this is dumb as hell, i'm going to play something else

me playing MGR: R today: man this is dumb as hell and the GREATEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOpzP33_USs

*slices warheads open with katana before running down a building dodging missiles and then bisecting an enormous mech and sheathing katana whilst not looking back because i am an awesome ninja*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCK YEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHH

mass is just a number :black101:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The dumbest thing I remember about klk was when h bomb was trying to convince people that klk is actually a feminist masterpiece by insisting that the show is entirely about dismantling and criticizing the patriarchy, that there is nothing sexual about the show at all, and that anybody who sees anything sexual in the show is just projecting their own closet pedo/anti-feminist views onto the show.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

oh wow, I might be getting it on Steam then. my greatest hope is that they'll find an uncompressed soundtrack somewhere to throw in there

I think the uncompressed music does exist--I think the OST that was released has uncompressed version of the tracks--so I would not be surprised to see a mod that adds it to the game sooner than later.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Was Ouran High School Host Club actually good I was real into that when I was like 13

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

FirstAidKite posted:

that anybody who sees anything sexual in the show is just projecting their own closet pedo/anti-feminist views onto the show.

internet sophists are the worst

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Looking forward to trying out Nocturne when the remaster comes out, but I'm more excited for saga frontier's remaster pc release, though idk how much it'll cost

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Looking forward to trying out Nocturne when the remaster comes out, but I'm more excited for saga frontier's remaster pc release, though idk how much it'll cost

SF is a weird loving game, but that applies to the entire series

I can't remember the main designers name, he's crazy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Was Ouran High School Host Club actually good I was real into that when I was like 13
it's good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Magical Melody: I accidentally sheared my sheep to close to the Sheep Fesitval to enter and I'm not playing a whole other year to enter again so I'm going to call it a day. Tomorrow I'll be moving on to Lego Indiana Jones. I've never seen any of the Indy movies so this will be very interesting!

should've had a second sheep

what'd you name your animals?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

victrix posted:

SF is a weird loving game, but that applies to the entire series

I can't remember the main designers name, he's crazy

I wanna know if the junk glitch is gonna be fixed or not though because that's definitely gonna change up a lot of speedrun routes for sure

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I wanna know if the junk glitch is gonna be fixed or not though because that's definitely gonna change up a lot of speedrun routes for sure

I relied on that a lot to gear up fast in subsequent character playthroughs so I hope the bug's intact :pray:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

where do you think tanukis come from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

The Steam thing is new info as of today I think

Ooh hell yes, very excited about this.