Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Eifert Posting posted:

Even if 100% of these women can prove nothing more than the fact that they had an appointment with Watson for massage, going to be hard to explain how you have 22 different masseuses that you use within the course of one year.

Yeah it's hard to argue that you need to move on from one to the next like that unless something is happening to ruin relationships with previous ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Eifert Posting posted:

Even if 100% of these women can prove nothing more than the fact that they had an appointment with Watson for massage, going to be hard to explain how you have 22 different masseuses that you use within the course of one year.

Yeah that's where I'm getting. 22 different masseuses and paperwork for 22 different accusations is a helluva lot of work for a theoretical bluff.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah that's where I'm getting. 22 different masseuses and paperwork for 22 different accusations is a helluva lot of work for a theoretical bluff.

It'd be insane. It's hard enough to keep one dodgy story going. 22?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

To have 22 women come forward, all of the same background (masseuse he contacted on Instagram), all having the same story... thats utterly insane predator poo poo. This is loving awful.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

loving believe women lmfao how loving hard is it to understand

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

And wasn't Watson considered a "really good kid" by like everyone in the NFL? Jesus Christ

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

So, uh, this is either one of the scummiest things a lawyer has done in decades or previously squeaky clean Deshaun Watson is literally Bill Cosby? :stonk:

Literally

https://twitter.com/LikeJayURock/status/1372780201604616195

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Bellmaker posted:

what the poo poo, there's no way there's only TWENTY TWO at this point :stare:

I refuse to believe the Texans didn't know about this. How long were they covering for him? Was this why a bunch of folks got purged by Easterby? Did they try to blackmail Watson during contract negotiations?

Yes, and that honestly only raises more questions given... all this *gesticulates wildly*

They've only just started actively beating the "we're trading Watson" drum today. I don't think the organization knew given the timing there. If you know this is in the wings and he wants out you dump that guy on the highest bidder asap. Rich guy spite or no you get rid of him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

deshaun sharper

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
There was poo poo about Cosby (the Costand case) and Louis CK (barely-blind items) years before their reckoning, but I haven't seen anyone yet point to a space where the accusations on Watson were known prior to this.

I'm curious how Buzbee managed to keep the lid on organizing this many accusers and keeping them quiet before the bombshell

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

GD_American posted:

There was poo poo about Cosby (the Costand case) and Louis CK (barely-blind items) years before their reckoning, but I haven't seen anyone yet point to a space where the accusations on Watson were known prior to this.

I'm curious how Buzbee managed to keep the lid on organizing this many accusers and keeping them quiet before the bombshell

I mean he started with just one and then got up to four, right? He's probably overwhelmed and flabbergasted, too.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You know... Watson demanded a trade back in early January.

I wonder whether it was spurred by Buzbee approaching him in the pre-lawsuit talks, and Watson wanted to skip town since he'd done it often enough that people were starting to go to lawyers now. Something like this would take a few weeks to set up, right?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

GD_American posted:

Considering all of Buzbee's initial commuication was Lionel Hutz-esque postering, he seems incapable of not leaking something

loving weird

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I believe he had the one and after that suit became public, the other victims began reaching to him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/155531674506113024

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Ugh this is as awful as it gets.

Neil Armbong posted:

I believe he had the one and after that suit became public, the other victims began reaching to him.

Yeah, it's probably this.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
When I said I wanted Deshaun Watson to be the second coming of Warren Moon, I didn't mean like this.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I think even Buzbe is like wtf at this point.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He deleted it moments ago

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

There isn't some big brain conspiracy, he's just a piece of poo poo

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

BrownThunder posted:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

BrownThunder posted:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's going to be pretty funny when this guy's playing in the NFL and Kaepernick isn't.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

BrownThunder posted:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Eifert Posting posted:

It's going to be pretty funny when this guy's playing in the NFL and Kaepernick isn't.

No it won't. Take a break

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Watson I gotta tell ya, it seems bad!

What an insane final nail in the Texans' coffin.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

BrownThunder posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/77570098726051840?s=19

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Eifert Posting posted:

That wont be funny at all.

Also:

BrownThunder posted:

Ostentatious posted:

loving believe women lmfao how loving hard is it to understand

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Now the new, very plausible conspiracy is how long had the team been covering it up.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dabo swinney knew

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Panthers still good for 3 firsts?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

How old would he have been when he posted this? 22 women speaks for itself but I"m not gonna go "AHA I KNEW IT!" about a tweet from he was like 15.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Better comb through Deshaun's Twitter now because it's not going to stay up with this kind of stuff coming out

https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/166291405252206592

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Comrayn posted:

How old would he have been when he posted this? 22 women speaks for itself but I"m not gonna go "AHA I KNEW IT!" about a tweet from he was like 15.

Those are rap lyrics dude lol

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Origami Dali posted:

Now the new, very plausible conspiracy is how long had the team been covering it up.

I would assume they knew he slept around and trawled social media for sex. I also assume that he's far from the only one on the team that does it, and they choose to not look to closely.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Origami Dali posted:

Why is everything with y’all a deus ex esque dark overlords pulling the strings poo poo not to defend the loving Texans of all organizations but can we please respect the fact that coming out with sexual assault allegations is extremely difficult to do especially if the person involved is rich and powerful and it wasn’t some lever the ownership flung that had “pervert puller” written on it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good god some of these timelines are insane. A lot are much more recent than you’d expect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Eifert Posting posted:

I don’t see it. This is getting worse every day.