Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
i haven't seen players go this "deer in the headlights" since UMBC, all these Ohio State guys knowing for the rest of their lives they lost to a team named Oral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
y'all were like LOOK AT THIS GUY DOOMPOSTING ABOUT MICHIGAN LOSING TO A 16

Michigan's last game was a loss to tOSU :ohdear:

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Benne posted:

Congrats to Oral Roberts for having more wins over Ohio State than Jim Harbaugh

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Benne posted:

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Benne posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

yeah and ohio state is a bastion of good lmfao get real

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Benne posted:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
vols are uh, in trouble against Oregon state

the Ricky barnes experience

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Benne posted:

:iceburn:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Feeling real good about taking Ohio State only to the sweet 16.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Borsche69 posted:

yeah and ohio state is a bastion of good lmfao get real

lol has everyone forgotten them covering up a doctor raping wrestlers scandal already

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Ehud posted:

fine

we will defeat the fundies :colbert:

Unfortunately White Mike is gonna blow this

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I didn't watch any college hoops until the B1G Tournament (and missed all but OT today) but, based off those three games, OSU looked like their whole game was "pull out to a huge lead and hang on for dear life" and, for the second game in a row, it burned them.

Also:

Benne posted:

Kirios posted:

Feeling real good about taking Ohio State only to the sweet 16.

I waffled on them getting there or being bounced by Florida and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Thanks.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

lol has everyone forgotten them covering up a doctor raping wrestlers scandal already

Also, the coach who, when asked to offer a message to the ex-wife of an assistant coach who beat her, couldn't muster anything.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 19, 2021

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

isn't that msu or did osu also do that

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

I didn't watch any college hoops until the B1G Tournament (and missed all but OT today) but, based off those three games, OSU looked like their whole game was "pull out to a huge lead and hang on for dear life" and, for the second game in a row, it burned them.

Also:

they trailed most of the game lmao, and oral robert wasn't like lights out either. they went 5+ minutes at the end of game without a fg lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Borsche69 posted:

msu was gymnasts

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Borsche69 posted:

OSU did. Plus, there's a reason the Congressman's name is Gym Jordan.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Ohio State is basically inseparable from Les Wexner and he is way, way shadier than any two-bit televangelist could be. probably has an actual body count, for one thing

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

OSU *also* did that with a bonus that current rear end in a top hat congressperson Jim Jordan Joe Paterno'd it

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

MourningView posted:

msu was gymnasts

it is legit difficult to keep all of this in order

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

fair

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

elentar posted:

Ohio State is basically inseparable from Les Wexner and he is way, way shadier than any two-bit televangelist could be. probably has an actual body count, for one thing

I mean, they both suck, but those two-bit televangelists have been encouraging millions of people that gender/sexual minorities are subhuman in addition to grifting them out of their life savings, so I'm gonna disagree there.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Thus far I'm learning that the Big Ten was massively overrated this year.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
MSU morally bad, tOSU morally bad, Oral Roberts morally bad

Michigan just bad

Kirios posted:

tOSU did have an injury to a big player, MSU is just bad

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Borsche69 posted:

college athletics might have some moral concerns

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Borsche69 posted:

education in what lazy shitheads like Jim Jordan call "Western civilization" going back to at least the ancient Greeks was based on providing older generations sexual access to younger ones, and in that regard very little has changed for 2500 years or so.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Pac-12 wasn't good this year it just turns out that the schools they are playing are frauds so far.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kirios posted:

Hey, Illinois looked GREAT :colbert:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

Granville Oral Roberts (January 24, 1918 – December 15, 2009[1][2]) was a Choctaw American Charismatic Christian televangelist, ordained in both the Pentecostal Holiness and United Methodist churches. He is considered the godfather of the charismatic movement and was one of the most recognized preachers in the US at the height of his fame.[3] He founded the Oral Roberts Evangelistic Association and Oral Roberts University. Oral Roberts is directly responsible for the demise of Carbone's 2021 March Madness Bracket when the golden eagles upset Ohio State.

:lol:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

college athletics might have some moral concerns

and now an update on Baylor,

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The way he said where's the usher is cracking me up, a real life hey wha happen

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I mean, they both suck, but those two-bit televangelists have been encouraging millions of people that gender/sexual minorities are subhuman in addition to grifting them out of their life savings, so I'm gonna disagree there.

ok but Jim Jordan is doing that and he's literally one of the most powerful people in US politics

i mean, it's all bad, it all needs burning down

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kirios posted:

osu finished like fifth in the conference and ended the regular season on a big losing streak, their defense made Iowa's look good by comparison. People overreacted to the conference tournament run where they easily could have gotten bounced immediately by minnesota. Also didn't have one of their better big guys and they already had basically no size st all

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

elentar posted:

i mean, it's all bad, it all needs burning down

:hmmyes:

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

The entirety of college athletics is hosed up, just enjoy the 15 beating the 2.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Brennan posted:

It's just this simple, folks. You don't have to twist yourself in to a drat pretzel over every drat thing

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

osu finished like fifth in the conference and ended the regular season on a big losing streak, their defense made Iowa's look good by comparison. People overreacted to the conference tournament run where they easily could have gotten bounced immediately by minnesota. Also didn't have one of their better big guys and they already had basically no size st all

yeah they were overseeded for sure.

Brennan posted:

yeah it's basically this

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

anyways let's all band together and cheer for Josh Pastner to fall on his face in the most hilarious way possible

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What a fun way to consume sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

vols are uh, in trouble against Oregon state

the Ricky barnes experience

How is Rick Barnes so incredibly bad at the Tourney?