Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Bust Rodd posted:

I thought it was a good ep because the discussion suitably softened my brain so that when Will explained that the Snyder cut is 20 minutes longer than The Irishman I was reduced to a giggling hysteric.

Justice League is trash and no amount of editing can possibly change that. Making it even longer is a form of cruelty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I thought it was a good ep because the discussion suitably softened my brain so that when Will explained that the Snyder cut is 20 minutes longer than The Irishman I was reduced to a giggling hysteric.

It's also in a 1.33:1 aspect ratio because Snyder shot it for IMAX, so it looks like the most expensive 90's tv pilot ever

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

It's even worse - 32 minutes longer.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
play this on a loop to trigger prodromal schizophrenia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gJnLJeL5S8

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Hold up quick question

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m absolutely a grime lord and I’ve been dragging a tempurpedic foam mattress around for the last 8-9 years so there are some truly legendary stains on this motherfucker. Any time I do sheets and bedcover (probably once a week) I get to take an old trip down memory lane.

I used to be really into the novelty of it when my understanding was that squirting was ‘rare’ but then I had 3 chicks in a fuckin’ row all do it and Skittles is EXACTLY right. There’s a very obvious breakpoint (usually under 60 seconds) where you’re like “yeah baby that’s right, I’m Bust Rodd, Erotic Genius, playin’ that pussy like a fuckin’ sex harmonica, taking you to places you didn’t know existed, unlocking the sexual potential deep within your womanly vapors” and then a second later you’re like “drat if squirt doesn’t look and feel and kinda smell like watery piss...”

Then again what happens to you everytime someone tells u not to bust? EXACTLY!

Since were already on topic, the true and unique joy of squirt is absolutely when you’re young, early 20’s, and it’s the first time it’s happening to them. There is seriously no funnier a face a woman makes under any circumstance then watching their own pussy explode for the first time and just watching them be so shocked and confused at wtf is happening down there.

This has been a 6 AM real horny post from Bust Rodd, getting ready for work, to my peeps in the Jizz City thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

what the gently caress

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I, too, have had sex.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Slanderer posted:

Hold up quick question

what the gently caress

Do not try and bully my friend bust rodd with his legendary tales.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Really hope they review this comic book movie when it comes out

https://twitter.com/VeraDrew22/status/1372910736150695938

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Justice League is trash and no amount of editing can possibly change that. Making it even longer is a form of cruelty.

i'm sure this person exists and posts in CineD but the idea of someone who loathes the original cut for being stupid baby poo poo but loves the mature gritty version that follows all the same story beats only batman says gently caress and the music is sad is extremely funny to me

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Snyder Cut

Pros:
-Color grading not as nauseating as the theatrical cut
-Flash and especially Cyborg get a bit fuller characterization and more to do
-Climactic fight scene is slightly more coherent

Cons:
-Four hours of horse poo poo

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I kind of want to watch it mostly because I find the idea of a four hour car wreck morbidly fascinating.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

net work error posted:

No I will not watch a 4 hour cape movie it's too long.

Yes I will watch a 9 hour Adam Curtis moody documentary it's just the right run time.

Yes.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
i really want to examine the brain of the person who decided to cut nearly every scene with a PoC, from extras with no dialogue to the loving main black character's story arc.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Equeen posted:

i really want to examine the brain of the person who decided to cut nearly every scene with a PoC, from extras with no dialogue to the loving main black character's story arc.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
:barf:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Another question I have about the theatrical now is why they looked at a climactic action scene at the end that was already too busy and chaotic and said “you know what, let’s turn the sky orange and throw in a bunch of purple crystals sprouting everywhere.”

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I watched the snyder cut yesterday with a few breaks, it's good

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

tbh i have to let everybody else do the comparisons to the whedon version because while I did watch it years ago, I started drinking and playing on my phone pretty quickly and remember basically nothing about it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1372981586317225989?s=20

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pharmaskittle posted:

I watched the snyder cut yesterday with a few breaks, it's good

I haven't watched it or the original version, but I did see a clip of Wonder Woman doing some sweet bullet-bouncing, and it was pretty good.

Did you guys know that Lynda Carter was in Super Troopers?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Slanderer posted:

new episode is pretty bad. like half of it is reading an article about wandavision, and no one involved has watched it, or cares enough about comics to get invested, or even get energized by the dumb article.

Well it is barney poo poo for babies and superheroes and culture is dead and we aren't starting to sound more and more like a group of guys who are angry they aren't the cultural focus anymore. For better or worse.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shoulda hired the Dark Souls concept artists because all the designs in the Snyder films are garbaggio.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

net work error posted:

No I will not watch a 4 hour cape movie it's too long.

Yes I will watch a 9 hour Adam Curtis moody documentary it's just the right run time.

Oh poo poo that's true I only watched half!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Slanderer posted:

new episode is pretty bad. like half of it is reading an article about wandavision, and no one involved has watched it, or cares enough about comics to get invested, or even get energized by the dumb article.

i bet matt watched it

i enjoyed the ep tho

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i bet matt watched it

i enjoyed the ep tho

I'm starting to think there isn't anything that that guy won't sit through, no matter how dull or agonizing

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I liked WandaVision, but I also agree 100% that this weird cultural push to try to take these horrible cultural touchstones and try and overlay real world traumas like death or violence or sexual abuse on top of them like tracing paper is offensively insensitive and hosed up and it’s something I’m seeing with a crazy high frequency even here on these very forums. QCS in particular, TBH

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 19, 2021

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's also an extremely surface level take on grief too. Like that 'my god that's the sound of every writer shooting themselves because they can never match this brilliance' line about grief being love remaining is just...how nearly every culture has defined grief since the dawn of man? Like, the big moral of the story is literally just 'grief isn't inherently bad or good, it's what happens when you feel strongly about someone you lost. Those feelings can make you deal with grief badly but that doesn't mean you're inherently a bad person or broken forever'. The end, it's just basic dramatic use of grief. It wasn't an 'important' show but it was fairly fun.

Why can't things just be fun? This loving sucks give us Trump back!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
onto something here but it should be in a glass bottle.

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1373023649645596678?s=20

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Diet Soda is bad for u

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdhWN-iG3eY

a very chapo crossover

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

sexpig by night posted:

It's also an extremely surface level take on grief too. Like that 'my god that's the sound of every writer shooting themselves because they can never match this brilliance' line about grief being love remaining is just...how nearly every culture has defined grief since the dawn of man? Like, the big moral of the story is literally just 'grief isn't inherently bad or good, it's what happens when you feel strongly about someone you lost. Those feelings can make you deal with grief badly but that doesn't mean you're inherently a bad person or broken forever'. The end, it's just basic dramatic use of grief. It wasn't an 'important' show but it was fairly fun.

Why can't things just be fun? This loving sucks give us Trump back!

I agree with this. I hate all those bullshit articles about the depth of wandavision but I also hate how the "arbiters of culture" can not shut up about shows or movies they do not like.

I still think Monday's episode will be a snyder cut jla episode.

Edit: I think half the problem is everyone thinks they have to be the next siskel or ebert ot that they write for atlantic monthly or the New Yorker because everyone is chasing influencer status.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 19, 2021

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's also really funny how much it relies on you knowing about their comic relationship and all because Will's summary of their on screen relationship being all of one scene where they walk around doing the Attack of the Clones 'I love you because I know I love you because you're you' dumb poo poo and then a big CGI monster attacks and then at the end Wanda cries because Vision loses his magic brain stone. That's the relationship we see on screen.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
justins league sounds boring. dont know who wanda is, not really interested what her vision is like

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zhulik posted:

justins league sounds boring. dont know who wanda is, not really interested what her vision is like

wanda's p. cool, she used to be cooler when she was just a lovely roma witch who wanted to gently caress her robot husband and beat up humans though.

Also that one article saying Wandavision was 'better at showing grief than House of M' was dogshit

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The article also kind of glosses over a huge component of the show, which is essentially that Wanda is as much of the villain as anyone else, and anytime you see a mortal, non-military person on screen, they are either being mind controlled or they are literally crying in terror or begging for their lives and the lives of their children, that’s how terrible and evil Wanda is. If the show is really about Wanda’s grief and pain and TRAWMA then how can you possibly ignore the grief/trauma/pain she is causing literally 3,000 people whom she held hostage in a helraiser/Freddy Krueger style nightmare for a month. There is literally no sane reading of this show in which Wanda is not literally the supervillain bad guy.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m absolutely a grime lord and I’ve been dragging a tempurpedic foam mattress around for the last 8-9 years so there are some truly legendary stains on this motherfucker. Any time I do sheets and bedcover (probably once a week) I get to take an old trip down memory lane.

I used to be really into the novelty of it when my understanding was that squirting was ‘rare’ but then I had 3 chicks in a fuckin’ row all do it and Skittles is EXACTLY right. There’s a very obvious breakpoint (usually under 60 seconds) where you’re like “yeah baby that’s right, I’m Bust Rodd, Erotic Genius, playin’ that pussy like a fuckin’ sex harmonica, taking you to places you didn’t know existed, unlocking the sexual potential deep within your womanly vapors” and then a second later you’re like “drat if squirt doesn’t look and feel and kinda smell like watery piss...”

Then again what happens to you everytime someone tells u not to bust? EXACTLY!

Since were already on topic, the true and unique joy of squirt is absolutely when you’re young, early 20’s, and it’s the first time it’s happening to them. There is seriously no funnier a face a woman makes under any circumstance then watching their own pussy explode for the first time and just watching them be so shocked and confused at wtf is happening down there.

This has been a 6 AM real horny post from Bust Rodd, getting ready for work, to my peeps in the Jizz City thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

.....ok why done we just move on to Conner’s daddy. So tell us about your job as a firefighter

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You'd think the culture critics would remember the major scene extremely early on when Vision frees someone and he instantly begins screaming and crying and begging for help until it scares Vision so much he just puts him back in Mind Hell because he has no way to help. Like, they kinda weaken it by being all 'well Wanda doesn't KNOW how bad it is for them' later but it's pretty explicit she's doing a horrible thing to a suburb's worth of randos because she can't handle her grief.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Bust Rodd posted:

The article also kind of glosses over a huge component of the show, which is essentially that Wanda is as much of the villain as anyone else, and anytime you see a mortal, non-military person on screen, they are either being mind controlled or they are literally crying in terror or begging for their lives and the lives of their children, that’s how terrible and evil Wanda is. If the show is really about Wanda’s grief and pain and TRAWMA then how can you possibly ignore the grief/trauma/pain she is causing literally 3,000 people whom she held hostage in a helraiser/Freddy Krueger style nightmare for a month. There is literally no sane reading of this show in which Wanda is not literally the supervillain bad guy.

Yea it’s odd how no one on Twitter or like io9 or whatever are talking about the message of how someone projecting their trauma across an entire unwitting community is perhaps not a good depiction of processing trauma

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Danger posted:

Yea it’s odd how no one on Twitter or like io9 or whatever are talking about the message of how someone projecting their trauma across an entire unwitting community is perhaps not a good depiction of processing trauma

maybe in season 2 she’ll go falling down on all the civilians and get cheered on as an empowering take on female rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Slanderer posted:

Hold up quick question

what the gently caress

Bust Rodd is cooler than you.