Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Martial Arts is great for tankers if you want to be the tankiest tank that ever tanked, FWIW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
As a mind-shuriken dominator I'm pretty up on the shuriken. (evil martial artist stockbroker who daytrades for your free will:)

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Ice/Time is *hillarious* on a controller. got a duo going at level 13 and we cranked the difficulty up to x8 +1 because the enemies just don't *do* anything once the debuffs and control rolls in; and I can only forsee it getting better as powers roll in.

Alpha strike mitigation from Farsight, stack Timestop and Block of Ice to hold bosses... endurance sucks and will continue to suck, but with both auras up you don't need to use your clicks that often.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I really miss having a partner to play this with. We once made dual Fire/Kin Trollers and got to level 50 in like an hour, it felt like.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

New Beta patch notes for Homecoming with some really cool and good travel power changes. Here's a taste:

quote:

Fly + Hover

Previously: These powers couldn't be used together - you had to choose between Fly's speed and Hover's defensive buff
Now: You'll gain the fly speed of Fly, along with the air control and defensive bonus of Hover

No more taking CJ with Fly just for the air control, hooray!

edit - wait, what?

quote:

Mastermind Henchmen Summons have had their recharge times reduced:
T1 Henchmen: reduced from 60s to 5s
T2 Henchmen: reduced from 90s to 10s
T3 Henchmen: reduced from 120s to 15s
These summon powers are no longer affected by recharge buffs or debuffs
Mastermind Henchmen Summons have had their endurance costs reduced:
T1 Henchmen: reduced from 19.5 end to 5.46 end
T2 Henchmen: reduced from 19.5 end to 9.62 end
T3 Henchmen: reduced from 19.5 end to 13.18 end
Henchmen upgrade end costs have been reduced from 22.75 to 11.375
Note: This were some quick low hanging changes to help Masterminds out a bit, we are currently investigating further improvements to Masterminds for the future

So, they're catering to the idea of just throwing wave after wave of minions at your enemies? Seems like that could end up pretty OP but okay

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 13, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It should be okay. Summoning still takes a while, plus upgrading (that still has the same recharge). After the first few levels your minions are typically tough enough to only need to be resummoned after it was recharged anyway.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Crasical posted:

Ice/Time is *hillarious* on a controller. endurance sucks and will continue to suck, but with both auras up you don't need to use your clicks that often.

IMHO, skip Time's Juncture until 50. It eats up too much endurance.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Inzombiac posted:

It should be okay. Summoning still takes a while, plus upgrading (that still has the same recharge). After the first few levels your minions are typically tough enough to only need to be resummoned after it was recharged anyway.

The change will really help the basic demon summon. They go if someone looks at them funny.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Hey just as I was kitting out my first 50 MM after that popular "god tier MM" post on r cityofheroes. Not so bad!

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
I am a fan of these changes and tweaks, but I'd really love to have something new to do at level 50. Right now there's the War Zone arcs, the Dark Astoria Arcs, the Incarnate Trials, and random repeatable contact missions.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

zzMisc posted:

So, they're catering to the idea of just throwing wave after wave of minions at your enemies? Seems like that could end up pretty OP but okay

Not being able to do this was one of the reasons I didn't enjoy my time with necro/storm MM. Storm just has one dinky little single target heal and my zombies would keep dying. Looking forward to trying again with this change!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Inzombiac posted:

They actually cut the cast times on those in half in most cases too, by the looks of it

It's a nice QoL thing but yeah, I doubt it changes the playstyle much at all.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Gynovore posted:

IMHO, skip Time's Juncture until 50. It eats up too much endurance.

Pretty sure the combo wouldn't work without it; It's running both at once that really neuters enemies.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

zzMisc posted:

New Beta patch notes for Homecoming with some really cool and good travel power changes. Here's a taste:

No more taking CJ with Fly just for the air control, hooray!

That was my first thought, but:
EM costs .52 end/second
EM does not provide any defense once combat starts

So it depends if you were relying on that defense and immob protection to be running all the time. The speed buff is nice though, hit the old speed cap without flight speed enhancements just having EM on. If you have end to burn or are out of combat you get to be fast.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I never took Combat Jumping with Fly, what do you mean?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Crasical posted:

I never took Combat Jumping with Fly, what do you mean?

Having CJ on gives Fly extra air control, ie, less drift/skidding around.

The new Flight pool power, Evasive Maneuvers, also gives air control in combat (plus some extra speed), but gives no defense in combat and has over 7x the endurance cost of CJ so a big lol to that. Even with a sane end cost that just feels like a pretty unexciting LOTG mule.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
You could also just take and run Hover, but I see your point.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
No, until this change you couldn’t do that. That’s the point. Fly and Hover were mutually exclusive.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Did one of the homecoming servers get dropped at one point? I re-downloaded the game, and my level 50s are gone, but all (or at least most) of the rest of my alts are still there :(

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Deki posted:

Did one of the homecoming servers get dropped at one point? I re-downloaded the game, and my level 50s are gone, but all (or at least most) of the rest of my alts are still there :(

The only reason I could think of for this to happen is if you moved your 50s to a different server. I'm not aware of any of them getting dropped, but if one was, they would've moved characters to a different one.

Check all the other servers and see if your 50s are on one of them..

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
So I played this a lot back in the day but left just before I11 came out. Am picking it back up as a kinda of fun nostalgic thing to play, probably solo. What are some fun solo powersets these days?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Stalkers are much more cool and good than when you last played

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Nonexistence posted:

Stalkers are much more cool and good than when you last played

Well that wouldn't be hard :v:

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Danger - Octopus! posted:

So I played this a lot back in the day but left just before I11 came out. Am picking it back up as a kinda of fun nostalgic thing to play, probably solo. What are some fun solo powersets these days?

Any class can solo, but if you're just coming back, make a Scrap/Brute.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Hearing that Energy Melee was buffed this makes my EnergyM/Ninjitsu Stalker appealing to recreate finally.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Energy Stalkers are quite good now that you're not constantly gasping for end.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Started a rad/rad scrapper and seems fun. What's weird is that I haven't played CoH for 12 years I think, and somehow I still remember some of these maps perfectly wtf

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I won a costume contest with my dark/storm character! :3: Guess the judges like edgelords. (This was top 10)

I've been wanting to make a beast/kin mastermind because the idea of a pack of speed boosted wolves sounds hilarious. It's pretty hard for me to come up with concepts for kinetics characters though. I don't remember where but I heard someone say "varmint" recently so I thought "what if a cowboy was also a speedster" and The Varmint Velociteer was born.

What kinds of characters have you all made or seen that kinetics made sense for?

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Diephoon posted:

What kinds of characters have you all made or seen that kinetics made sense for?

My ill/kin is a ghost named "Spectre Holobyte", which.. kinda makes sense I guess? Sapping energy from enemies and feeding it to allies? But mostly I think kinetics is pretty hard to theme for. If I was gonna make a kin defender they'd probably just be a former physics professor or something.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
i had an earth/kin controller who got her powers from space cocaine

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Started a rad/rad scrapper and seems fun. What's weird is that I haven't played CoH for 12 years I think, and somehow I still remember some of these maps perfectly wtf

Some people remember frivolous things like birthdays or bank information. Not me though, I have perfect spatial understanding of Oranbega instead.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Diephoon posted:

I won a costume contest with my dark/storm character! :3: Guess the judges like edgelords. (This was top 10)

How are you making it look like this kinda Borderlands style thing? Mine looks like CoH used to - is there a setting or a mod somewhere? Just curious

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Homecoming has a cel shading option.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 20, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah there is a cell shading option.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
During a Yin Task Force I asked what powersets do well vs. endurance drainers like freakshow stunners and malta sappers and one of the tanks in my group told me I need combat jumping :confused:

Other people suggested electric armor. Is endurance drain resist something you can slot for?

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Electric Armor specifically has resistance to endurance drain in its toggles. It’s not something you can directly slot/enhance for in other sets. Iirc the recent electric therapy set has a power that’ll give the team end drain resist.

Defensive sets (Super Reflexes, Energy Aura, probably Ice Armor and others) tend to do alright against Sappers, because they have to be able to hit you to drain end, but I believe the rez from Super Stunners is auto-hit.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Is playing a defense set just accepting that sometimes you lose the dice rolls? I was having a great time on my Ice tanker until a sapper hit me and all of my toggles fell off. I was SLEN soft capped. I guess I just need to learn all the mob types that debuff defense so I can get ready for it.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Diephoon posted:

Is playing a defense set just accepting that sometimes you lose the dice rolls? I was having a great time on my Ice tanker until a sapper hit me and all of my toggles fell off. I was SLEN soft capped. I guess I just need to learn all the mob types that debuff defense so I can get ready for it.

"Soft capped" means you still get hit 5% of the time, so most likely the Sapper just got lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Diephoon posted:

Highly Visible Ninja got kinetics just based off its visuals. I wanted something unsubtle.