Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

will they apply this to teams that fail to draw 25% capacity even when full capacity is allowed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

bawfuls posted:

will they apply this to teams that fail to draw 25% capacity even when full capacity is allowed?

do they do the count in Dodger Stadium in inning 1 or inning 5

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bawfuls posted:

Ken Jennings' Son parachute account spotted :argh:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I really like how quiet MiLB games are tho, super chill.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

bees x1000 posted:

I really like how quiet MiLB games are tho, super chill.

It’s the best.

Asheville Tourists are prob my favorite. Mild weather, endless Dales tall boys, birds tweeting......

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I'm really not trying to talk poo poo just honestly wondering because there were certainly games pre-pandemic with less than 25% capacity. A mid-week day game between two teams (owners/front offices) that are very obviously not trying to win is going to have poo poo attendance and that's on MLB, not the fans.

The fake crowd noise thing is real dumb so this capacity threshold thing is weird.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

During one of the games I watched last year I remember Trevor Wiliams striking someone out and yelling 'gently caress YEAH', they probably just don't want that stuff getting on TV.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

During one of the games I watched last year I remember Trevor Wiliams striking someone out and yelling 'gently caress YEAH', they probably just don't want that stuff getting on TV.

Yeah, there is a ton of profanity that already gets picked up by hot mics with full crowds, and with an empty, or near-empty, stadium, the mics pick up that much more. I remember there being a poo poo-ton of F-bombs on the broadcast of the empty stadium game that the Orioles and White Sox played back in 2015 during the Freddie Gray riots in Baltimore, this is just MLB covering its rear end for Standards & Practices.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i am watching a replay of today's nats-mets game and seeing schwarber in a different uniform is extremely :smith:.

i really liked him. please do good things, cool guy.

also, i can't believe the nats signed lester. that...isn't going to go well. i think his fastball is maxing at 87. it's only the first so maybe he gets it up higher, but...YIKES.

e: AND KYLE JUST HIT A DINGER.

gently caress YOU, CUBS. INEXCUSABLE.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 19, 2021

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
To be fair the Cubs did sign upcoming MVP winner Joc Pederson.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Synergism of the last few posts found here:

https://youtu.be/_o-TtBEqhyw

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Popete posted:

To be fair the Cubs did sign upcoming MVP winner Joc Pederson.
no he’s going to finally win the HRD after coming so close twice before

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We're just not used to this commissioner's office making any competent decisions so I'm sure everyone thinks of the worst reason first.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I thought this was a pretty good piece on pace-of-play. It isn't just how long a game takes -- it is more what happens during the game. The bottom line is that a lot less stuff happens during game today than it did in previous generations, and that is something that needs fixing.

More balls in play is good.
Less emphasis on pitching velo is good.
More steals is good.
Less relief pitching is good.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
N: Carrasco tore his hammy running sprints and will be out for 6-8 weeks

V: :mets:

e: are we doing a Meet the Teams thread this year?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Julio Cruz posted:

e: are we doing a Meet the Teams thread this year?

Be the change etc etc

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
yeah that was kinda the response I expected

I'll get on it

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I got like a quarter of the way through doing a Cubs write up before I ran out of any and all enthusiasm, and also went back to look over what I read and realized none of it was funny, just me getting progressively more bitter and angry.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

"seth mcclung"

-seth mcclung

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Sydin posted:

I got like a quarter of the way through doing a Cubs write up before I ran out of any and all enthusiasm, and also went back to look over what I read and realized none of it was funny, just me getting progressively more bitter and angry.

This is in large part why I never bother writing up one for the Orioles because who even knows who 90% of these people are? "Look at all these people who you're never going to see again OR will be playing for your favorite team instead!"

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I read a recap of the Mariners' expected Opening Day lineup and I cannot figure out why they are sticking with the six man rotation.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Artix posted:

This is in large part why I never bother writing up one for the Orioles because who even knows who 90% of these people are? "Look at all these people who you're never going to see again OR will be playing for your favorite team instead!"

Ha, I almost responded to that with "I could write about the Orioles but I wouldn't know what to say that anyone would care about."

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

2021 is the year of the Crush tho

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Some cool Angels to check out: Eric Kay, Brian Harkins, Mickey Callaway

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
From The Athletic

quote:

“It’s going to sound crazy, but I’ve been fighting something at the plate for like the last year, year and a half,” Trout said. “Starting this year, I just kind of figured out what I was doing. Just getting back to where I can go up there and feel comfortable.

“People won’t get it, but if I go in the box, or if I go in the cage and I take a swing, I know it’s my swing. If I’m in there and something little feels off, I know it’s not right. I was talking to my hitting coaches about this. It’s crazy, people don’t see this, either. I have two different swings. In the cage, I don’t have a leg kick. I don’t know why. And when I try to do a leg kick in the cage, it feels weird. And then in the game, I have a straight leg kick. It’s pretty crazy.

“I can do all these drills in the cage and it feels fine, it feels right. Then I get in a game, I add a leg kick and it’s not right. It’s kind of like a battle. I’ve kind of figured out some stuff in the last few days that really I’ve been struggling with the last year, especially last year, just fighting it.”

That explains his down year of a .993 OPS!

jesus christ

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
https://mobile.twitter.com/marcusgilmer/status/1372673942066970637
No idea who deserves the highest honor of CumHat day. Babe Ruth?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

those look like poo poo

that's straight out of the 90s

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I weirdly want the pigeon poop hat now.

That's gonna be a Lids $5 clearance buy somewhere down the line.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Someone jerked off on those hats

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

LeeMajors posted:

Someone jerked off on those hats
MLB C/V Marpril: Someone jerked off on those hats

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That is pigeon poop to me. You folks are living more exciting lives than me.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I think we all can agree that when people are debating whether your graphic element is meant to be cumshots or birdshit you've done a great job.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Give Lids your sticky stuff

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

MLB C/V Marpril: Someone jerked off on those hats

We already have that thread title in a way

e: welp should have finished reading the rest of the posts

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

bees x1000 posted:

Give Lids your sticky stuff

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Kershaw ejected for a sticky substance found on his hat.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

there's a reason he's grabbing his junk in my avy

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
drat man college pitchers rack up insane pitch counts

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hoerner looks JACKED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Hoerner looks JACKED

Yeah he's one those BSOHL guys who actually looks like he's put on a some muscle this off season.

This is just reminding me of Bregman saying he put on 20lb of muscle in like 2 months lol.