Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

I did but he was sheared too :negative:

Farmer - Veeg
Dog - Relax
Chickens - Amp, Axel, Cheetah, Karmic, Charlie
Sheep - Cav, Flower, J-Ru
Cow - Itoh
Pig - Cath

Aww, I just saw this :3:

That post is the top post two pages in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

homeless snail posted:

if youre going to watch a student council anime, at least watch seitokai yakuindomo

cheetah, watch Kaguya-Sama. I'll :toxx: if it gets you to watch.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hmm do I really forgo playing on the PS5 I just got or even P5S which might already be in the GOTY running... To play Anthem

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
What are you looking to play on that PS5?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

cheetah, watch Kaguya-Sama. I'll :toxx: if it gets you to watch.

Pitch it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The only anime I've watched in the last like 5 years happened because someone linked a song and then it invaded my youtube recs and every single song was it was a banger, if that helps

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

What are you looking to play on that PS5?

I have Astro Bot and Bugsnax

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTlzDfhPtFA

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am phoneposting but I will watch that when I'm on desktop

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

cheetah7071 posted:

The only anime I've watched in the last like 5 years happened because someone linked a song and then it invaded my youtube recs and every single song was it was a banger, if that helps

was it Persona 5?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

JollyBoyJohn posted:

was it Persona 5?

Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight

The show slaps as hard as the music

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wuggles posted:

Dark Souls is a Zelda like.

haveblue posted:

BOTW is an elder scrolls game

So serious question. I typically hate action games because I have horrible reflexes and hate the combat but I have a love affair with Zelda. BotW is the perfect game of the genre for me because you can avoid the majority of combat and brute force the ones that are necessary.

Would I enjoy Dark Souls? I bounced off of Skyrim hard, largely because it felt stiff on the Switch.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Walla posted:

BotW is the perfect game of the genre for me because you can avoid the majority of combat and brute force the ones that are necessary.

Would I enjoy Dark Souls?

probably not but play it anyway

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I didn't specify, but I intended that toxx to be, if cheetah doesn't enjoy kaguya-sama, throw down that ban

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Please do not risk your account on my eclectic tastes

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
kaguya sama is good

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Walla posted:

So serious question. I typically hate action games because I have horrible reflexes and hate the combat but I have a love affair with Zelda. BotW is the perfect game of the genre for me because you can avoid the majority of combat and brute force the ones that are necessary.

Would I enjoy Dark Souls? I bounced off of Skyrim hard, largely because it felt stiff on the Switch.

I... don't think so?

Dark Souls is hard. And not in some meme sense, it's legitimately difficult with some very challenging bosses if you're not comfortable with its mechanics, and that's ignoring some sometimes cruel areas and some really mean optional/bonus bosses.

That said, it's not a ridiculous twitch action game, or DMC, and there are absolutely builds that can clown on basically anything the game throws at you (it is also an rpg, and it has a very mature, very experienced community who know how to break it into its constituent atoms).

The one part you might really enjoy is the exploration in all of Souls and BB is absolutely awesome and one of my favorite parts of the game.

Stay the gently caress away from Sekiro.

If you're curious, I'd say grab it, go ask the Goon Souls thread for a build guide and follow that, but if you dislike the combat in Zelda I'm not sure you'd enjoy the challenges in Souls. On the other hand, if you vibe with the exploration and cunning dungeon/area design, you might push through the other bits.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Kaguya is like a sports anime except winning means not getting embarrassed in front of your crush

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
woke up at midnight after falling asleep on the couch

now very wide awake and watching persona 5 memes

this made me laugh - -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDw6xxIErK4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JollyBoyJohn posted:

This is good

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

JollyBoyJohn posted:

i gotta find a new place to live which is stressing me the gently caress out but that video took my mind off it and gave me a minute and 15 seconds of joy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSu4VdDdYcY

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

that guy's cool

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
All day long I thought I had a blister on my heel and finally after work I take off my boots and look at my foot and apparently I've been walking on a button all day

I have no loving idea where the button came from lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Every time you took a step, someone you didn't know has died

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
is that the combat tune from Persona 5?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

Every time you took a step, someone you didn't know has died

:ohdear:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

It's okay, you're a multimillionaire now

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

cheetah7071 posted:

Please do not risk your account on my eclectic tastes

Far, far too late for that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Simone Magus posted:

All day long I thought I had a blister on my heel and finally after work I take off my boots and look at my foot and apparently I've been walking on a button all day

I have no loving idea where the button came from lol

You got a cat?
They put things in my sneaks all the time

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is there a tabletop simulator thread? I'm looking for models to fit a theme I'm building for a special game night and it's not going well.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

idk, maybe in trad games if you can't find it here. I'd suggest looking at stock model sites or models resource if it's something basic

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Help me, I'm a class-less loser

https://twitter.com/TKShad0w/status/1373044525837512706

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

You got a cat?
They put things in my sneaks all the time

I wish I could have a cat, but I've been living in hotels for oh my god almost a year now

I'm never gonna get to go home lol, but at least I'm supposed to leave the south, next month they're sending me to Portland

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

It is one of them.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Thanks for the Dark Souls chat. Sounds like I'm right to stay away.

Simone Magus posted:

I wish I could have a cat, but I've been living in hotels for oh my god almost a year now

I'm never gonna get to go home lol, but at least I'm supposed to leave the south, next month they're sending me to Portland

Maine or Oregon?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Khanstant posted:

One of them, yes.

Royal added this one if you ambush the enemy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ2KB5LVdqA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Speaking of persona 5 memes...

Sushi rice, Canadian bacon (Okinawa or Hawaii would have spam), egg whisked with a mirin/cornstarch slurry, and a spread of miso butter. I did the "TikTok wrap" that is covered in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bYPG5yUIas

Served with miso soup and beer from Okinawa. I devoured it instantly, the slight sugariness of the sushi rice and mirin melded really well with the salt of the canbac and miso butter

Edit: here's a battle theme from P5S, I appreciate the genius of this theme working perfectly if you kill the enemy in 10 seconds: "Hello goodbye"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWfm8uxn9ao

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 20, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Giving up on p5 strikers.
Just not what i want from persona. Defending the hacker here defend the hacker there im just not feeling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was just thinking about how much I was liking the combat and how it feels when you're flowing, chain stuns into baton passes into phantom dashes into all-out-attacks, it's "Lookin' cool Joker" that I had to imagine when it was turn-based