Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the td mode was cool, but i pretty much figured it out day one and didn't touch it till everything unlocked and just spent an hour afk letting it play to finish the entire event. this current patch seems like it has less busywork and more gameplay so far, so im feeling positive about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
TD was cool but later difficulties were obnoxiously hard and I didn't enjoy them at all. I like Windblume's varied minigames so far!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I loved the TD and my only gripe is there was no achievement or recognition for a flawless run on the 10 wave difficulty.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Holy gently caress I think you're right.

Would hang out with Venti instead 10/10 times

Absolutely. This first bit of Venti and his disappointing sons is already more interesting than anything in the lantern festival.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Framboise posted:

TD was cool but later difficulties were obnoxiously hard and I didn't enjoy them at all. I like Windblume's varied minigames so far!

If you think any of the difficulties were obnoxiously hard you were doing it really wrong.

If you stay on top of leveling up your towers, 90% of it can be done with freeze traps.

If you try to mix in fire you can melt the enemies and screw it up, so don't do that next time it comes around.

If you do coop it's ridiculously easier since you basically have twice as much income overall, and twice as much starting resources.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the actual Lantern Rite equivalent to this event is clearing out a library for Ella Musk and helping a knight with knees that seem much older than he is. if the rest of them are that dry it's seeming about on par with all the same complaints.

dunno if Mondstadt is hiding any NPCs i unexpectedly could care about like Liyue was, maybe Timaeus?

these Wonderland games have the same overly slow pace as all the other co-op enabled things or TD, so i can't really complain about that. making the game selection random when there are achievements tied to certain things is definitely more annoying, especially for stuff that's not as engaging or fun as TD was.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 20, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I thought the games were kinda nifty. Thought playing the lyre would kick my rear end, but I beat each difficulty on the first try. There's some leeway before the rings touch, but very little after.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a rule that kaeya must appear in every monthly event lol? You'd think it'd be diluc since it's specifically about wine or w/e. It was cool seeing 3 characters. I really wish they'd just have all the mondstaters hanging out in the world, but mihoyo seems really hesitant for reasons I don't understand.

They should just do one fetch quest per day for 60 primos instead of 2 or 3 for 20. 20 is a joke, it's basically an additional daily commission lol.

Also all the mini games are fun but it's odd to me that they don't develop more permanent content. I don't mean more world exploration (although that's the best, I know it takes forever to make). Stuff like randomized coopable dungeons. Or that event with the harder world bosses. That should be permanent, no reason for it to be temporary. Just have rewards refresh every week.

Mirello fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 20, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm curious how the rhythm game works on PC; when I did it on phone there were parts where you have to hit them at the same time that wouldn't be very practical on the PC.

Then again, you could say the same thing about the archery one being much easier on PC.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Do I have to do the events today or can I let them stack up for a bit?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Ytlaya posted:

I'm curious how the rhythm game works on PC; when I did it on phone there were parts where you have to hit them at the same time that wouldn't be very practical on the PC.

Then again, you could say the same thing about the archery one being much easier on PC.
It uses wasd and ijkl and you sometimes have to hit things simultaneously with both hands.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RealFoxy posted:

Xiao had so little to do with it for me, the Lantern Festival was just weeks on end of long fetch quests, and a tower defense game that was kinda lame.

i think some of the lantern festival quests were all right, like helping kids or old people, or the chef in that inn because he's already busy.

i didn't like having to help out able adults who are just fuckin lazy or incompetent

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Ytlaya posted:

The simultaneous hits might cause trouble for people with especially wide screens, yeah. My peripheral vision is pretty good, but even when looking directly at the center of my screen, I couldn't tell if the paired hits were simultaneous or supposed to be done in quick succession. :argh:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Fur20 posted:

i think some of the lantern festival quests were all right, like helping kids or old people, or the chef in that inn because he's already busy.

i didn't like having to help out able adults who are just fuckin lazy or incompetent

Given Venti’s deadbeat bard nature it’s fitting that the national festival of Mondstadt is “gently caress it someone else will do it”.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Whoever designed the balloon game can go gently caress themself.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think the problem with the lantern rite quests is they unlocked a bunch of them in bursts over a period of time. If it was only 1 a day, it would have been more memorable. As it was, you never really had time to reflect on the story before you just rushed off to the next. Then the end just kinda dragged on because you already did all the content.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

Mobile players need not apply

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm not sure if it's going to be addressed at all during this event, but it's kind of funny that the introduction to this quest is people arguing over which flower is the symbol of the event, while Venti is right there and can answer directly, I imagine his answer is "It could be a pumpkin, just give me wine"

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but after I finished the Venti story quest, one of the nuns wanted to offer dandelions to Barbados under the statue and she said "I hope he can see this wherever he is" while Venti still hadn't despawned and was literally sitting beside me when I released the dandelions.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Maaaan, it's such a shame this bow is bad. It has a really cool dandelion effect when the buff is active.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RealFoxy posted:

I'm not sure if it's going to be addressed at all during this event, but it's kind of funny that the introduction to this quest is people arguing over which flower is the symbol of the event, while Venti is right there and can answer directly, I imagine his answer is "It could be a pumpkin, just give me wine"

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but after I finished the Venti story quest, one of the nuns wanted to offer dandelions to Barbados under the statue and she said "I hope he can see this wherever he is" while Venti still hadn't despawned and was literally sitting beside me when I released the dandelions.

I think you get to choose which it is. I'm really on the fence on what it should be, especially if the choice has meaning. Torn between wolfhook berries (I like the color), lamp grass (they're really pretty), and sweet flowers(the only flower that's actually useful).

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I will be real, Kaeya showed up and my face immediately went from “good” to “not you again”.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

This x100000000

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I totally missed the part where if you hit certain balloons, you get -50.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article_pre/490

tbh i start to tune out patch notes when it comes to all the minor changes just clustered out at the bottom, so i missed this until they posted the explainer. EM now affects reaction damage in real-time, so you can benefit from the increase in damage even if a skill/burst has already been cast. though your damage will also drop when those buffs fall off.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

TV Zombie posted:

I totally missed the part where if you hit certain balloons, you get -50.

It might not be as bad on pc but on mobile aiming with an archer is tedious

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Mirello posted:

Is there a rule that kaeya must appear in every monthly event lol? You'd think it'd be diluc since it's specifically about wine or w/e. It was cool seeing 3 characters. I really wish they'd just have all the mondstaters hanging out in the world, but mihoyo seems really hesitant for reasons I don't understand.

They should just do one fetch quest per day for 60 primos instead of 2 or 3 for 20. 20 is a joke, it's basically an additional daily commission lol.

Also all the mini games are fun but it's odd to me that they don't develop more permanent content. I don't mean more world exploration (although that's the best, I know it takes forever to make). Stuff like randomized coopable dungeons. Or that event with the harder world bosses. That should be permanent, no reason for it to be temporary. Just have rewards refresh every week.

If it helps any, Kaeya is both kind of a drunk and Diluc's adopted brother who is not on good terms with him right now, so he's still kinda related to wine.

Also, I'm not sure if Venti requested the three bottles of expensive wine to make Kaeya go talk to his brother, because he just wanted wine, or both.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://www.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2151368/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/genshin-impact-50-primogems-v1-4-key-giveaway

Alienware Arena refreshed the numbers of keys they are giving away for 50 primogems. If you have not received a previous 3rd party giveaway key for 1.4, this key should works for you. (Trusted 3rd party giveaways will never ask you for your Genshin Impact credentials or secrets, and they should have some established history of trust.) Remember to register with a throwaway or an email meant for spam if you have not previously made an account.

Bloody Emissary posted:

The simultaneous hits might cause trouble for people with especially wide screens, yeah. My peripheral vision is pretty good, but even when looking directly at the center of my screen, I couldn't tell if the paired hits were simultaneous or supposed to be done in quick succession. :argh:

You can always change the game to a windowed mode to make it more into a more comofvision.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Captain France posted:

If it helps any, Kaeya is both kind of a drunk and Diluc's adopted brother who is not on good terms with him right now, so he's still kinda related to wine.

Also, I'm not sure if Venti requested the three bottles of expensive wine to make Kaeya go talk to his brother, because he just wanted wine, or both.
If you've read the manga, Kaeya and Diluc are still on the same page, Kaeya likes to operate outside of the Knights too but he just likes to troll....Like everyone.

Diluc has reasons to be brooding and want to be a vigilante, Kaeya just thinks it's funny to make everyone around him miserable including turning Klee against Jean. The only person he doesn't actively antagonize is Lisa.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

If you've read the manga, Kaeya and Diluc are still on the same page, Kaeya likes to operate outside of the Knights too but he just likes to troll....Like everyone.

Diluc has reasons to be brooding and want to be a vigilante, Kaeya just thinks it's funny to make everyone around him miserable including turning Klee against Jean. The only person he doesn't actively antagonize is Lisa.

Huh. I've still gotta get around to reading that.
I remember a scene in game where they had a fight and just figured that was their current default state.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
apparently the EN localization makes them come across as much more adversarial than they do in other language versions, for whatever reason

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Kaeya is simply having fun

https://twitter.com/ruemxu/status/1373099742889177088?s=19

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Captain France posted:

Huh. I've still gotta get around to reading that.
I remember a scene in game where they had a fight and just figured that was their current default state.
They're both vigilantes, Diluc is more straightforward and decided to quit the knights (To become a badly disguised Batman) while Kaeya just manipulates everyone around him to get a similar result.

They both butt heads constantly, especially because they're step-brothers (And thematically, hot and cold) but neither are bad. Kaeya just comes off more of a dick because he can't stop himself from pushing people's buttons.

Even in game, he's just egging Klee on all the time to irritate Jean, and in the current event he's just trying to manipulate Venti (Who he knows is Barbatos already) into just working for once. Venti just edges out because he gets a lot of money/alcohol and puts all the work on the Traveler. Knowing Kaeya's personality, he probably expected that too and it was just a way to irritate Paimon. Venti just wants to drink wine.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This event's story takes a turn for the serious when Venti starts exhibiting DTs and the Knights of Favonius have to stage an intervention.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Traveler is older than Venti but for some reason Venti gets to drink and Traveler doesn't, despite Traveler looking like a teenager while Venti looks 12.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What the heck, I just noticed that this Qiqi food that I guess I got in the mail seems ridiculously good and doesn't seem to have any equivalent? 20% crit chance and damage.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

What the heck, I just noticed that this Qiqi food that I guess I got in the mail seems ridiculously good and doesn't seem to have any equivalent? 20% crit chance and damage.
You can craft it in game. Cook "Come and Get It" with Qiqi, it's her special dish called "No Tomorrow"

You unlock it at AR40, buy the recipe from Chef Mao. It's not a hard recipe to farm either, but like all specialty foods it's a pretty low chance to get.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Diluc and Qiqi have the best offensive recipe specialties (Once Upon a Time in Mondstadt and No Tomorrow respecitvely) and even out scale the Adeptus's Temptation recipe once your attack is high enough. Crit damage and rate on the same food is very strong. For physical attackers, Fischl's Die Heilige Sinfonie is generally outclassed by Tianshu meat which is also way less meat heavy in usage.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hyper Inferno posted:

Diluc and Qiqi have the best offensive recipe specialties
Oh hey two characters I don't have. :shepface:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The windblume ode's buff actually affects the E that triggers it. So if you use Oz with Fischl, the attack buff will apply to Oz for the entire duration of Oz (as apparently the buff is applied, then the stats are snapshotted for Oz)

Even weirder - if you Q, then E to reposition Oz the buff will then take effect for the rest of Oz's duration.

Still worse than stringless R1, but better than I'd thought.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I feel like this is appropriate for this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQjCLnz7oGE