Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Based on previous moderation of this thread I'm sure there'll be a sixer in about 5 days time.

e: 109 is the age of the oldest woman in India to be vaccinated against Covid 19, according to a website that is basically just guessing.

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut as I believe you are still thread IK can we please have a vote to threadban vitamin P because he's just annoying everyone in the thread I actually like to see post and if it's them or him that's not even a choice.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
This thread is definitely at its worst late at night, when everyone's been drinking.

Like, I'll see a bunch of new posts, think something's happened, then I read them and it's just a bunch of people telling each other to gently caress off out of the thread.

It's kind of dispiriting.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Pistol_Pete posted:

This thread is definitely at its worst late at night, when everyone's been drinking.

Like, I'll see a bunch of new posts, think something's happened, then I read them and it's just a bunch of people telling each other to gently caress off out of the thread.

Unless I'm misunderstanding or misreading something (though I'm sober, honestly!), most if not all demands to gently caress off have all been addressed to one specific person, and for some very good reasons, imo

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
UKMT weekend edition.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I had some sympathy for vit p up until this latest outburst.

I thought maybe the reddit language and aggression were just symptoms of immaturity rather than genuine malice, but, no, they're just an all out oval office.

Admitting you were fully wrong about something which severely affects trans people, but then not only expressly NOT apologising for being such a dick about it but also continuing to insult the trans people in this thread and accusing them of being 'bullies'... How does that add to this thread in any way? why would we want this persons contributions?

Vitamin P, gently caress off and grow up.

The Perfect Element fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 20, 2021

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Government: we're going to put more police in bars to protect women!

Police:

quote:

A probationary police officer who assaulted a woman in a "terrifying" attack has been given a curfew, prompting criticism he was not jailed.

West Midlands Police PC Oliver Banfield grabbed and manhandled Emma Homer last July while drunk. He has been suspended and faces disciplinary action.

In her victim personal statement which was read out in court, she said she thought he was "fulfilling a violent cop movie fantasy".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-56459217

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Just mashing the "more police" button until all problems are solved forever

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angepain posted:

When everyone's a cop, all problems will be solved apart from violence against police officers.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tarnop posted:

Based on previous moderation of this thread I'm sure there'll be a sixer in about 5 days time.

Probably the thread needs a new IK because Guav seems to have forgotten they can probate people.

Angepain posted:

You are Smithers Starmer & I claim my £5.

Pistol_Pete posted:

I would like to assure everyone that all my awful posts happen while I am stone cold sober these days. Especially the ones where I tell everyone to gently caress off out of the thread late at night.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I think people should get the gently caress out of the thread in the day time too. Especially you.

Yeah, you

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Lord of the Llamas I have a political cartoon for you to enjoy

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Vitamin P posted:

I literally didn't apologise.

Why do you idiots insist on pretending that 'learning more and voluntarily acknowledging you were wrong about something' is actually some degrading cuck move?

That’s crap. When I admitted I was wrong about Corbyn and Labour I had nothing but gracious responses.

Mind you, my apology (and I think there was an apology included) didn’t also have a gently caress you.

The mosque at Finsbury Park is a vaccine centre. They told people that anyone could come yesterday. There was a huge queue.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Why are Alt-Right and Fascists different circles?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Breath Ray posted:

hi! i hear you. theres still plenty of time so definitely worth looking online for bursaries at better unis, including overseas ones. there are also no end of legacies that people leave for poor gifted folk to go to uni.

what's the latest with tightgate? is she going back to school on monday?

e. beeffeeter whats making you anxious about five weeks' time?

I hear what you are saying, it’s just that the kid actually wants to stay here, we have Derby which are offering her the most but are also in the live at home funding catchment area for Sheffield and Hallam. She’s in a super awesome position right now* - as for overseas there is a diplomacy degree that will send them on a jolly round Europe for 2 years, then there is the Royal Navy and RAF pathway - she’s got 2 A level equivalents in Engineering and likes the idea of working on a minesweeper or in air traffic control.

The course she will be on come September is 2-4 years and basically a glorified Duke of Edinburgh with added management and teamwork skills, only exams are “how to pass a physical and practical armed services exam”. So an absolute blast of a course that a lot of people may think of as a waste of time, but for the fact that it qualifies you for for a staggering amount of entry level things after.

Thing is, just because she’s clever it does not mean she likes it. She is such a perfectionist and the pressure from current school is so enormous that it she gets less than and A she freaks out and think’s she’s failed. She hates exams and being sat inside all day. What actually makes her happy is stuff like when she was helping to run local showjumping events which are 14 hours of solid graft in shite weather believe me.

She replaced her tights after school because “overachiever” is stamped across her soul and is now planning the letter she sends to school about this woman the moment she leaves.

*yeh if you don’t think drop dead gorgeous 17 year old girl privilege is real them welp I got news for you thread.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

For anyone confused by the NIPper chat (not the drama but the broader rationale) this is a pretty good explainer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orh1Z0Ol6T4 the party leader is hobbit-named as gently caress lol also I'm 90% sure this youtuber posts here so Hi keep at it lad (if you're gonna make a new twitter account for your channel that's smart but ffs dont immediately follow a specifically disparate group of lefty wierdos with that too it's a dead giveaway).

Also while Rumda absolutely is a disingenuous wokescold bully, I've been reading about the GIC and while it's not quite as awful as it generally gets described ITT it is significantly worse than I assumed it was at the time. As wierd as it is the people of the UK are legit good on trans rights, the healthcare system of the UK is legit good, but the intersection of them in the GIC is significantly worse than the sum of it's parts. On that point you lot were right, I was wrong, the GIC is indefensibly, objectively underperforming.

shut the gently caress up

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He’s right about this thread’s treatment of our girl Rumda, :colbert: maybe everyone has been stuck in this thread going in circles for too long but to “outsiders” this hostile behaviour towards her for going against what the cishets have decided is or isn’t transphobia, and what trans rights should be, is pretty chuffing weird.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

learnincurve posted:

He’s right about this thread’s treatment of our girl Rumda, :colbert: maybe everyone has been stuck in this thread going in circles for too long but to “outsiders” this hostile behaviour towards her for going against what the cishets have decided is or isn’t transphobia, and what trans rights should be, is pretty chuffing weird.

accusing everyone in this thread of being a cishet is very tiring, especially when you're incorrect about it. Nobody is arguing what happened wasn't transphobia and that it wasn't poo poo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

learnincurve posted:

When's your Twitter suspension up again?

Seriously, what the gently caress are you talking about? A) Not everyone here is cishet. There's trans posters, gay posters, bi posters. Stop it. B) Are you saying that Vitamin P, the guy who has routinely been attacking Rumda as a wokescold, is right about the threads treament of her? Because that's what it reads like. If it isn't, maybe quote who you're responding to.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

therattle posted:

The mosque at Finsbury Park is a vaccine centre. They told people that anyone could come yesterday. There was a huge queue.

Hahaha. I was marshaling at the Crick yesterday and we had someone come from there saying they'd run out.

There's always a little group of people accumulating in the evening at the Crick, hoping to get leftovers. But we only give the leftovers to Crick staff and UCLH, so every evening they go home disappointed

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh don’t be disingenuous, you know I’m talking about the cishets not the thread LGBT+ people, although very clearly we should all be listening to the T first and foremost. You must all know that outside of forum political drama has happened and it’s been dragged in here with all sorts of hints and half truths knocking about.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

learnincurve posted:

You must all know that outside of forum political drama has happened and it’s been dragged in here with all sorts of hints and half truths knocking about.

I am not sure if I do?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

learnincurve posted:

You must all know that outside of forum political drama has happened and it’s been dragged in here with all sorts of hints and half truths knocking about.

i can safely say I have no loving clue what you're on about but i guess if you are under that assumption your last couple of insanely loving weird vagueposts make alot more sense atleast.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
No joke, when she and I had a misunderstanding 5 people contacted me to tell me to put her on ignore and whatnot.

You all wonder why my back is up? That poo poo ain’t right.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

learnincurve posted:

No joke, when she and I had a misunderstanding 5 people contacted me to tell me to put her on ignore and whatnot.

I also think every should put Breath Ray on ignore if they can't resist responding to him. It's not actually a huge personal attack. Sometimes I put someone on ignore for a day or two while I'm mad because it is the only way I can stop dragging out arguments. :shrug:

Rumda is a good poster & should continue posting. I'm extremely glad that there are so many trans posters on UKMT because it has made me confront my complete ignorance of trans rights & some unconscious prejudices I once had. But more importantly, good comrades are good comrades. I'd certainly take Rumda getting righteously mad over Vitamin P reading Angela Nagle & deciding it's very important that he acts like an edgelord teen 7 days a week.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 20, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think off the top of my head I have disagreed with Rumda about anything recently. I think her positions have been consistently correct and if she is a bit sharp about them it's entirely understandable. I would like her to continue posting.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
That reminds me, what other threads do the good people of the UKMT subscribe to? (or top 3 if you read loads)

Me, I like to keep tabs on climate change in cspam, and recently have been getting a massive kick out of the stories in the reddit relationships thread in gbs

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

learnincurve posted:

so people were being disingenuous for not understanding your vagueposting about 5 people who independent of eachother told you to put rumda on ignore when she accused you of being a terf? is that what all these posts have actually been about or am I missing something?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

That reminds me, what other threads do the good people of the UKMT subscribe to? (or top 3 if you read loads)

Me, I like to keep tabs on climate change in cspam, and recently have been getting a massive kick out of the stories in the reddit relationships thread in gbs

Schadenfreude, r/relationships, and the CineD and GWS general chat threads. (Yes, it’s four not three).

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The coronavirus thread in GBS is global but super interesting and chilled.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Truly I could not be transphobic, says poster who seems to think only a trans woman should stop posting.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ItohRespectArmy posted:

so people were being disingenuous for not understanding your vagueposting about 5 people who independent of eachother told you to put rumda on ignore when she accused you of being a terf? is that what all these posts have actually been about or am I missing something?

No.

This is about off forum drama and transphobia that’s being dragged in here that people should ask her about.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Not including games/LP threads my main 3 are probably Healthcare Stories, Thunderdome and the Five Acres.

I occasionally go and read bits of bigger threads like r/relationships but it sucks too much of my time. I don't follow the climate change thread because I don't get off on perpetual existential terror :ohdear:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

CSPAM Failing New York Times thread is fun for trash journalism. Most threads in Punch Suplex (Tokyo Joshi) Pro but especially the Puroresu thread & the Best/Worst Match of the Year thread. Also been catching up on the entirety of the Funny Panels thread in BSS. Used to really like the CSPAM Doomsday Economics thread but at some point it's gotten full of people betting on the stock market instead of just lusting for its destruction & I've ended up falling way behind (mostly during the Gamestop madness)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

learnincurve posted:

No.

This is about off forum drama and transphobia that’s being dragged in here that people should ask her about.

isnt importing offsite drama verboten?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/OborneTweets/status/1373177222853488642?s=19

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Didn't Johnson once complain that the salary he was getting as PM wasn't enough and he couldn't earn more?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

learnincurve posted:

No.

I’ve tried to ask several people about this off site drama to no avail. Rumda does tend to be right and should keep posting, tho I do have a natural aversion to people who seem very aggy about things from the off. Maybe that’s more my issue tho idk.

Also purely anecdotal but I know a few people who went to derby and they all hated it. I also know quite a few people who went to Sheffield and all loved it.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Given Starmer's strong opposition to people who break the ministerial code I'm sure he'll be calling for Johnson's resignation any time now.

any time now

any time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Trans people usually come across as angry and combative because society as a whole pretty much does all it can to make us feel poo poo, not even getting into all the recent attacks on trans rights facilitated by terfs and conservatives. It's incredibly stressful knowing that at any point the country you live in could decide to "debate" over whether you even exist

Couple that with the existential nightmare that is being trans and all it entails i