Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Homer Badman is bad, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

There's some very solid gags in it iirc and the animation on the action scene escaping the gummi exhibition is fantastic but I have to imagine the plot of "innocent man accused of sexual harassment" has aged like milk

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

what a milestone!

https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1372966316282290178

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Party Boat posted:

There's some very solid gags in it iirc and the animation on the action scene escaping the gummi exhibition is fantastic but I have to imagine the plot of "innocent man accused of sexual harassment" has aged like milk

It's not great although they do not make the accuser the villain, so it's not as bad as it could have been.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

(clock jumping around in the background)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I feel about Homer Badman the same way I feel about the lovely Me Too storyline in the recent Curb Your Enthusiasm seasons. With both Groening and Larry David, it's like, with the circles you creeps run in and the industry you work in, with the sort of friends you keep and people you defend, maybe don't make light of that poo poo? But maybe that just makes it even funnier for those rich sick fucks.

that reminds me

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
They shouldn't cancel the show, there's one episode they still need to make.

Ah, Superintendent Sideshow Bob!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Homer does expose himself to the entire crowd though, even if he's on his own property he steps out and opens the door while wearing nothing under his bathrobe

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I feel about Homer Badman the same way I feel about the lovely Me Too storyline in the recent Curb Your Enthusiasm seasons. With both Groening and Larry David, it's like, with the circles you creeps run in and the industry you work in, with the sort of friends you keep and people you defend, maybe don't make light of that poo poo? But maybe that just makes it even funnier for those rich sick fucks.

that reminds me

Maybe don't unironically post a Ben Garrison cartoon also.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Homer Badman is good and cool because it was riffing on manipulative media.

You want a horribly aged episode, look at 30 Minutes Over Tokyo. Haha Japan wacky and casual racism.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

30 Minutes Over Tokyo

:krust: But I already said "me so solly", what more do you people want?!

Yes, I get that the real joke wasn't the joke itself, but that Krusty would use such outdated bad comedy

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Party Boat posted:

But he actually was innocent in the episode. The villain is the media for not doing their job and sensationalizing the story. Something that has been happening forever and still happens.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 20, 2021

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

oh, bart is one outrageous dude

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

You want a horribly aged episode, look at 30 Minutes Over Tokyo. Haha Japan wacky and casual racism.

Oh yeah especially compared to the King of the Hill Japan episode.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

It's a pretty good barometer of what one is willing to give up in the name of saying no to things that have not aged well.

Like, I don't know if I'll ever again laugh at anything as hard as I did at the camera in the toilet bowl. Buuuuuut

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Maybe don't unironically post a Ben Garrison cartoon also.
🙄

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ben Garrison's literally a fascist shitbag dude.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I just said I was reminded of that ben garrison comic on the rumors about matt groening, not endorsing the guy. Everyone knows he's a fascist shitbag. Yall just being tedious.
Meanwhile if i bring up the fact 300 is racist colorist propaganda 300 white goons show up to chase me off lol

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I just said I was reminded of that ben garrison comic on the rumors about matt groening, not endorsing the guy. Everyone knows he's a fascist shitbag. Yall just being tedious.
Meanwhile if i bring up the fact 300 is racist colorist propaganda 300 white goons show up to chase me off lol

Do you have to make everything about racism?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Sorry i'm always playing the "race card" for some reason..... 🤔🤔🤔 hmmmmmmmm

Speaking of clueless white dudes and low points, that Precious Simpsons parody making it through the writer's room was pretty astounding

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'd say that's a broken clock comic. Garrison might be a shitbag, but it's also okay to rip on Groening for being associated with Jeffrey loving Epstein.

Everyone is a monster, submit yourself to bloodshed.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Sorry i'm always playing the "race card" for some reason..... 🤔🤔🤔 hmmmmmmmm

Speaking of clueless white dudes and low points, that Precious Simpsons parody making it through the writer's room was pretty astounding

You came in here, posted a cartoon by a fascist shitbag white supremacist, and then you turn around and start crying racism. Like, get over yourself, mate.

The gently caress does Frank Miller even have to do with the Simpsons to begin with, for gently caress's sake.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 20, 2021

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yeah you don't have to spread Ben Garrison around to call out shitbags wtf

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yall are seriously losing it lmao

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Yall are seriously losing it lmao

I doubt you ever had it to begin with, champ.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
can you all stop this stupid derail and talk about lovely simpsons

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

300 is propaganda on purpose though, that's like calling out Starship Troopers as fascist

Anyways I heard The Simpsons is still bad, can matt groaning confirm this for me

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

lovely Simpsons, you say? I’m here to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_5Y5MvxGwU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Punkin Spunkin posted:

that Precious Simpsons parody

Ummmmmmm...excuse me? :stare:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'm going to write a Simpsons episode for you guys "spirit writing" style, as if I am possessed by the muses.

Shot opens with Lisa pouring a bag of mundane cereal into a bowl and suddenly the orange juice that was near her suddenly expands and meets the sky where the pouring of the jackal's offerings are laid forth before her and stretch far beyond her eyes and marge dances where the sun will meet her eyes in the gazing pools of tithing swirling colors that match the scouring blues and voiding reds of the mother's earth that she once bore.

Bart will then expand forth forever more to the abyss of a thousand sighs where he will meet a sudden lake that sinks far below where the world and ends when every color bends. Bart sees this and comes to know such things and becomes to the governor of the planes and seeker of the past.

Homer turns to meet pale violet lilac bushes and weeps at the unfurling gorge that breaks from under his feet and bitterly chases visions of crooked maws and hungry throats cruelly devouring all he has known. A thousand voices pass by and he is left with nothing but bare bones picked clean from any thoughts they once held.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sir, this is a Krustyburger.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

Ummmmmmm...excuse me? :stare:

Here you go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLssz8zxWVg

Oh Christ, this episode is from ten goddamn years ago. That makes for so many more awful Simpsons seasons that have been shittily thrown together since then.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

There's nearly three times as much bad simpsons as good simpsons now. We're arguably already there if you don't like season 1

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

300 is meant to be a story that emulates how xenophobic authoritarians will use story-telling to dehumanize their enemies, re-write history, and prop up their own hideous culture as superior. 300 actually has great anti-fash, anti-racist overtones.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 20, 2021

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Here you go!

Oh Christ, this episode is from ten goddamn years ago. That makes for so many more awful Simpsons seasons that have been shittily thrown together since then.

why did I click this

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Here you go!

dont read the comments....

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I like Homer Badman but yeah, that might be because the sexual harassment stuff is secondary to a satire of sensationalist media. Even so, I think all of the other characters are treated well enough.

Thinking of golden age episodes that haven't aged well politically, I think I'd be more willing to criticise Mr Lisa Goes to Washington. I still like it, but it's hard not to call it naive at best.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Thinking of golden age episodes that haven't aged well politically, I think I'd be more willing to criticise Mr Lisa Goes to Washington. I still like it, but it's hard not to call it naive at best.

The last part of that episode is clearly parodic, though.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I like Homer Badman but yeah, that might be because the sexual harassment stuff is secondary to a satire of sensationalist media.

There's an element of age to it in that that was probably more obvious when it came out.

I guess what saves it from being too horribly dated is that the accuser wasn't in the wrong either, it was a genuine misunderstanding rather than her being depicted as cruelly trying to destroy Homer over a friendly interaction or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
The accuser was also a bit of a strawman feminist, too. I just think that overall it did okay for its time.