Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Entropic posted:

This is still the best thing he was involved in, but the greatness is entirely in Simone acting out Griffin's dialogue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nZwWaYdFAU

This just makes me miss Video Game Theatre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I miss CGI. That was my favorite podcast. I like Besties but it doesn't scratch the same itch.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Entropic posted:

This is still the best thing he was involved in, but the greatness is entirely in Simone acting out Griffin's dialogue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nZwWaYdFAU

Nick asking the teen driver on a date... :cop:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zero One posted:

Nick asking the teen driver on a date... :cop:

:yiikes:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Zeeman posted:

This just makes me miss Video Game Theatre

That was great. Those years of peak polygon video content were brilliant, yet another thing Mark Zuckerberg ruined for everyone.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

a pipe smoking dog posted:

That was great. Those years of peak polygon video content were brilliant, yet another thing Mark Zuckerberg ruined for everyone.

Polygon's video output content lately has been loving dire.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Tara's basketball ignoring simulator is an all-time great.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
The moment they stumble into "Hugh Jackman's Huge Acting" is loving incredible, as is Tara telling Griffin "nobody knows who you are, or cares"

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Catpain Slack posted:

Polygon's video output content lately has been loving dire.

Pat's video essays are largely fun and interesting, imo. Otherwise, yeah, bdg was really the only thing left propping them up.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

CainsDescendant posted:

Pat's video essays are largely fun and interesting, imo. Otherwise, yeah, bdg was really the only thing left propping them up.

and before BDG it was Monster Factory

I honestly don’t know how that website stays afloat on the back of one tentpole video property that’s super popular and successful per moment

it sure as poo poo isn’t the articles

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

I'm a few pages behind, but this thread apparently has enough of a parasocial relationship with Travis to feel comfortable pretending to be his therapist.

Which is a totally cool and normal thing to do and doesn't smack of a bizarre grudge at all.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Ok Comboomer posted:

I think it is? This is anecdotal but every time I Google [videogame thing] I feel like Polygon is a page one result. Maybe I just recognize their name when I see it.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Froghammer posted:

I'm a few pages behind, but this thread apparently has enough of a parasocial relationship with Travis to feel comfortable pretending to be his therapist.

Which is a totally cool and normal thing to do and doesn't smack of a bizarre grudge at all.

Why don’t you engage directly with those posters on this discussion forum instead of making a vague kermit sipping tea post?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Polygon still does occasional streams on twitch which is fun but not really the same as the Awful Squad days.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/matrixreloaded_/status/1371980313287651330

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It’s very funny that Travis will definitely see that post

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYae7KyYpCQ

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

that among us stream was pretty good

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

poor life choice posted:

I think it is? This is anecdotal but every time I Google [videogame thing] I feel like Polygon is a page one result. Maybe I just recognize their name when I see it.

They're not the best, but I don't know where else to go for good video game news, so I end up going to them

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Overboard is the only thing I watch there anymore

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Deeters posted:

They're not the best, but I don't know where else to go for good video game news, so I end up going to them

the number one thing that Polygon had going for them in the early years immediately post-launch was that they were unequivocally on the correct side of GamerGate at a time when a lot of powerful voices in the industry and attendant media were, at best, content to ride it out quietly and at worst outing themselves as chud-curious or more

They were the progressive(TM) gaming site that Kotaku was trying to rebrand as minus the years of baggage and old readers angry at the perceived slight

Vox started their own gaming site! What a novel concept!

And when the GamerGaters latched onto Trump Polygon was there looking like a newsroom full of gamer Ronan Farrows who had scooped/predicted the whole thing

Polygon is the gaming news site that a woman might consider reading, because there’s pretty much fuckall else

that’s not strong praise, it just means that there’s an absence of alternatives

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

inferis posted:

that among us stream was pretty good

Good lord this was the most dire thing to ever come out of the McElroy verse. I don’t know what a Cheesy is and I’ve never played Among Us, but I just watched a several minutes long video of Travis calling a group of video gamers “bad people” to their faces because they wouldn’t play the children’s game the way Travis wanted them to. He is seriously ill and needs to get help or go away for awhile.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I miss SEO Play and Video Game Theatre the most. Polygon had so many excellent series going from 2017-2019 that I blame COVID for ending.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Covid had nothing to do with it, it was Facebook's native video scam.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Ok Comboomer posted:

and before BDG it was Monster Factory

I honestly don’t know how that website stays afloat on the back of one tentpole video property that’s super popular and successful per moment

Yea i've been saying for years that as he was too big/ talented for Polygon BDG would leave and once he did they'd go under, it's actually a slower death than I thought. I like the crew there but they just have ZERO idea how to utilize their talent, also yes their articles are terrible.

Squack McQuack posted:

Good lord this was the most dire thing to ever come out of the McElroy verse. I don’t know what a Cheesy is and I’ve never played Among Us, but I just watched a several minutes long video of Travis calling a group of video gamers “bad people” to their faces because they wouldn’t play the children’s game the way Travis wanted them to. He is seriously ill and needs to get help or go away for awhile.

lol "seriously ill" because he was a bit whiny on a video game stream? Calm the gently caress down. Even if you aren't just referring to this one way he was acting when playing a video game (where im fairly sure he was semi joking) and include his bad tweets and everything else people go at him for, he's not "seriously ill". Travis is annoying, he irks me at times but Jesus some of you need to chill.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 20, 2021

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Squack McQuack posted:

Touch grass.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

getting mad about a video game is one of the most serious mental illnesses of them all

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah it was Nick's idea and he wasn't funny

dantheman650 posted:

I miss CGI. That was my favorite podcast. I like Besties but it doesn't scratch the same itch.

Toaster Beef posted:

The moment they stumble into "Hugh Jackman's Huge Acting" is loving incredible, as is TaraSimone telling Griffin "nobody knows who you are, or cares"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0whogQHs5Ow

I miss CGI terribly. I think Nick was very funny but maybe he just matches my demo as a rhythm game obsessive.

I haven't followed any of his post-polygon content because I don't want to support a creep but I would vastly prefer if he was just provably no longer a creep.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Squack McQuack posted:

ok you win the thread, I guess?

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Ok but did you watch the video though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Squack McQuack posted:

Doesn't justify your bizarre overreaction.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Squack McQuack posted:

how about you loving post it instead of making people go hunting for the video that supposedly vindicates your weirdness?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

the only thing i remember about the mcelroy among us stream was that they chose to run it at exactly the same time as the AOC among us stream

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Tears In A Vial posted:

the only thing i remember about the mcelroy among us stream was that they chose to run it at exactly the same time as the AOC among us stream

somehow feels on-brand

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://twitch.tv/videos/954604392

You can skip around and get a feel for the general vibe and some of the annoying stuff Trav does character-wise but his "rant" starts around 1:12:00.

It sounds like Travis is not a part of the clique and that upsets him with how they play. Seriously ill is laffo though.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Ok Comboomer posted:

how about you loving post it instead of making people go hunting for the video that supposedly vindicates your weirdness?

Because I’m lazy. I don’t know how to link to the original vid so here’s a reddit link. https://v.redd.it/qb5v2yl693o61. There, I have loving posted it!

Didn’t realize my criticism of Travis was so bizarre and weird.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Criticizing Travis isn’t weird but calling him mentally ill is

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Am I missing something? Hasnt he talked about having mental health issues related to narcissism? Perhaps I should have said “somewhat ill” instead of seriously ill? He took a break from Twitter for his own mental health right?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

inferis posted:

Why don’t you engage directly with those posters on this discussion forum instead of making a vague kermit sipping tea post?

Oh look! Like six loving posts later

Squack McQuack posted:

Don't do this. This is extremely unhealthy and weird of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
gamers are NEVER bad people. how dare he. imprison travis for a million years