Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I would like to know exactly who the person who designed the Nopon is though, and who is allowing them to be put into the Xenoblade games, because holy gently caress they are the worst characters in all of video game history. I legitimately like Xenoblade X more than BotW but Tatsu is the most annoying character in any video game ever made and is also in the top 3 characters in terms of number of lines of dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Neo Geo 64 cartridges were basically solid hunks of sealed metal. They could probably survive an explosion.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

It would be better without rex.

I don't even mind Rex, I think I just hate his outfit and wish I could at least dress him up like not a complete idiot

Tora is bad though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

I think I played the poo poo out of this when it was a warcraft 3 map

Yeah, I never bothered to learn the winning strats but like half the games you'd win because the cat didn't know what to do or you'd just pick a corner they never bothered going to.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

It would be better without rex.

I want to finish it because I loved 1 and I'm a slave to franchises

... wait no, it's because I liked the world and combat

But man I picked it back up and wuff, not a friendly game to resume if you took a long break.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I got to the dungeon where (XC2) Pyra was taken from me, I couldn’t use the cool combo mechanics because of some sort of miasma, and the game expected me to have another fire blade leveled. No thanks, bye

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harrow posted:

I don't even mind Rex, I think I just hate his outfit and wish I could at least dress him up like not a complete idiot

Tora is bad though

His voice and outfit suck but the main reason I don't like him is I don't like boring bland protagonists that everyone loves and gets all the ladies.

It's bad enough in Persona and stuff, but at least the main character never talking lets you suspend disbelief and assume he's charming.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

wuggles posted:

I got to the dungeon where (XC2) Pyra was taken from me, I couldn’t use the cool combo mechanics because of some sort of miasma, and the game expected me to have another fire blade leveled. No thanks, bye

That dungeon sucked and I just ran through it and ignored every single fight

Acerbatus posted:

His voice and outfit suck but the main reason I don't like him is I don't like boring bland protagonists that everyone loves and gets all the ladies.

It's bad enough in Persona and stuff, but at least the main character never talking lets you suspend disbelief and assume he's charming.

Yeah it's funny because there's that one big emotional scene where someones like "Rex I love you" and it's like....why?

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 20, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I would like to know exactly who the person who designed the Nopon is though, and who is allowing them to be put into the Xenoblade games, because holy gently caress they are the worst characters in all of video game history. I legitimately like Xenoblade X more than BotW but Tatsu is the most annoying character in any video game ever made and is also in the top 3 characters in terms of number of lines of dialogue.

Riki is great. As for their creation, I imagine the Nopon are just a holdover from Xenogears.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Chu Chu died for your sins

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Electric Phantasm posted:

How does a game survive 20+ years under a tree in some random field?

If the ROM chip is intact it doesn't matter what happens to the plastic or external connector, those can easily be replaced to dump it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I only have a few more hours left of work and all I wanna do is go back to exploring the galaxy with my droid friend BD

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Who's BD?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The little robot in Fallen Order.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It stands for Best frienD.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I wish Fallen Order were better

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BT over BD imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

oh poo poo Octopath Traveler on Gamepass in a few days. If you haven't played it before that game rules

Didnt care for it

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

BT over BD imo

1000%

both are on pc gamepass as of yesterday btw

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I wish Fallen Order were better

No

Real hurthling! posted:

Didnt care for it

Yes

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I-I'm sorry

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I wasn't into Octopath until I realized you earned subclasses and then started forming specific party combinations to tackle bosses way above my level featuring equipment I'd powergamed from various NPCs in an elaborate series of trades

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The story is the most longwinded possible treatment of something as shallow as "my dad is sick, need medicine" or "i want to become a merchant"
Like hundreds of textboxes saying nothing.
Dancers plotline had a strong hook at least. Reminded me of the opening of dq5.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Did gamers ever rise up

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

Did gamers ever rise up

Dunno, I have two and a half hours of the movie left

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Simone Magus posted:

Did gamers ever rise up

Yes but they immediately got tires and sat back down.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Pull-up bar Switch controller, gotta do a pull-up anytime you wanna climb/jump/glide in BotW. Get swole saving Hyrule or ride a horse everywhere instead

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Pull-up bar Switch controller, gotta do a pull-up anytime you wanna climb/jump/glide in BotW. Get swole saving Hyrule or ride a horse everywhere instead

a mod of botw that integrates ring con controls let's do it

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

Riki is great. As for their creation, I imagine the Nopon are just a holdover from Xenogears.

And it's not like you can say, "I wanna go back to when games were like this, when the furry creatures weren't weird and maybe horny." Because that lady, she was super into the main character.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Today I discovered that I linked my EA account to my old roommate’s XBox account like 10 years ago and now I can’t attach it to my current Xbox account that I’m using with PC Game Pass.

I guess I can just make a new EA account but it”d be nice to have everything connected properly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was Need for Speed Heat a good game?

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Goddamn I'm hopelessly addicted to Siralim!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, it does that to you. It's like Pokemon on crack.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Anybody remember these

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah the station ads in the commuter towns are getting more and more desperate.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

FirstAidKite posted:

Anybody remember these

These people are old now.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rinkles posted:

These people are old now.

What do you mean 'now'

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm sitting in the parking lot of a gay bar in a little town in the south and I've just been informed that tonight is the night that straight married swingers take over the place

:negative:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
swingaling baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Khanstant posted:

swingaling baby!

Someone should make an emote that's the opposite of :hai: