Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Simone Magus posted:

I'm sitting in the parking lot of a gay bar in a little town in the south and I've just been informed that tonight is the night that straight married swingers take over the place

:negative:

This should be illegal holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm assuming it's a theme night being run by the bar, rather than a bunch of swingers just overrunning the place unprompted

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, it's not unusual in places that don't have dedicated swinger clubs. Uh, not that I'd know anything about those.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

An armed swingers takeover

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Sometimes I just wanna play some Hellgate: London, but aside from it not being that great to begin with, these days you have to choose between the original version, which may or may not constantly crash or run at 20fps, or the newer release, which is based on the Chinese f2p version and has been very shoddily turned single player again.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What even was hellgate: london, literally the only things I knew about it were those ads I posted and that it was poorly received.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm assuming it's a theme night being run by the bar, rather than a bunch of swingers just overrunning the place unprompted

No, it actually is the latter lol

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I might have been the original looter shooter, or shloooooooooter

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

No, it actually is the latter lol

that sucks rear end. can’t they go literally anywhere that isn’t a space explicitly intended for not them

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
As someone that was mildly interested in it recently, it looked completely unappealing when I checked out some gameplay.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Rinkles posted:

As someone that was mildly interested in it recently, it looked completely unappealing when I checked out some gameplay.
For a moment, I was genuinely not sure whether you were talking about Hellgate or the swinging, lol.

VVVV Hahahaha.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

E:lol^^

Rinkles posted:

Interested in Hellgate. I was not mildly interested in swinger parties. Want to make that clear.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Doesn't Remnant do most of what Hellgate tried to do?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

They're thematically very similar and share a lot of aesthetics, but they're otherwise pretty different games, I think. Hellgate wanted to be more like a third-person shooter Diablo, while Remnant is trying to capitalize on the popularity of Souls-like games. Remnant did it a whole lot better, though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

What even was hellgate: london, literally the only things I knew about it were those ads I posted and that it was poorly received.

Shooter diablo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Whenever I try to think of Hellgate London, I can only picture Hunter: The Reckoning.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Weedle posted:

that sucks rear end. can’t they go literally anywhere that isn’t a space explicitly intended for not them

It's a little weird. But, besides being swingers, they're also liberals and they all smoke weed

I've already gotten extremely high for free. The music kinda sucks tho

There's a drag show in a couple hours. I might post pics

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That would be nice, I haven't been to one of those in ages. Kind of shameful of me, really, they're one of my hometown's most famous tourist attractions.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh gently caress me, they're playing a techno cover of semi charmed life

This is hell, I'm in hell. I'm dead

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm playing Remnant right now since it's free on PS+ this month, and it's pretty fun. Still getting used to how what would be hipfire gun in most games is now melee attack

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Remnant is honestly a pretty neat little game. I like it a lot more now than I did on launch, when I just couldn't get over how little it is like an actual Souls game. If not for how repetitive it can get, I'd honestly I have little to criticize about it.

Melee is pretty good, btw. It does tons of damage and it's actually a valid alternative to firearms if something starts getting too close to you. If you want to conserve ammo, just hacking down the occasional enemy is a pretty useful approach.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Maybe I SHOULD play FF14

https://twitter.com/LionOfUldah/status/1373424482128388103?s=20

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i had a chance to play through the first level of ancient gods 2 and i think it's looking like i'm going to land the same place i did with the first dlc. it's still doom eternal so it still owns, but all of the new enemies they've added i think suffer from the same problem of wanting you to use a very specific weapon/mod combo and nothing else works. i think when they stray past the enemies having weaknesses you can take advantage of into forcing you into a specific move to even damage them actually makes the combat fell less frantic. the new ones introduced (so far) are all better than the marauder though.

the new tool they give you is great, it fits in to the resource game real well.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ihadnotthoughttobesohardpressed.jpg

Edit: oh this is the general thread, i would like to find a picture of this but it's actually hard to search for

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 21, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

...so apparently the "Stronger Enemies" Draconian Quest in DQ11 was added to the US version and is not in any version of the Japanese releases?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Anyone here remember that old FMV adventure/FPS game Realms of the Haunting from back in the nineties? It literally had a major quest be an involved, multi-step process for preparing a Magical Bong Hit for a god-spirit of some sort and then light it up for him. I still laugh when I remember that and only getting what I was doing at the very end.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Apologies for posting in two places but not everyone reads the PS4 thread and I mentioned last night I was learning how to edit videos and I have made this compilation of me playing bloodborne and I would like to share with you :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg8rYlDRMvw

Glad to see your healing habits are exactly the same now as they were then

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

I said come in! posted:

Was Need for Speed Heat a good game?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I want to like it... It looks amazing and the cars sound great (even if I'm hating the music), but the cops are driving me insane. They're everywhere, losing them is incredibly annoying and most of the time as soon as I manage to evade one pops up right in front of me and spots me before I can even make out the tiny arrow in the minimap. Cars also control kinda weird; haven't been able to put my finger on why exactly, but the game feels too arcadey to be paying attention to racing lines, but my car seems to screech to a halt every time I try to drift around a corner. This might be a thing with starting cars, but it's really sapping my will to get to the upper tier cars.
I also haven't figured out how to buy new cars yet, but that may be on me, I'm kinda dumb.

I've been itching for a racing game for a while, but at this point I think I'm closer to firing up Burnout Paradise Remastered than coming back to this one.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

...so apparently the "Stronger Enemies" Draconian Quest in DQ11 was added to the US version and is not in any version of the Japanese releases?

I think I vaguely remember that the Draconian Quest stuff was expanded on significantly in XI’s US release, but it would be really weird for that to carry over to the Japanese release of 11S.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:laffo:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I was going to make an actual new thread for the first time in years, bit I can't figure out how to do it on the mobile SA app so I gave up

that's my story

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Not your fault, the app actually can't do that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

victrix posted:

I was going to make an actual new thread for the first time in years, bit I can't figure out how to do it on the mobile SA app so I gave up

that's my story

On iOS it should be the pencil button when you're in the forum view

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

How was the drag show Simone

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cardiovorax posted:

Melee is pretty good, btw. It does tons of damage and it's actually a valid alternative to firearms if something starts getting too close to you. If you want to conserve ammo, just hacking down the occasional enemy is a pretty useful approach.

Yeah, I do use it deliberately, but more than once I've tried to snap off a shot while backpedaling away from something chasing me and instead I stop, lunge forward, tickle it with my axe, and get smashed

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

This is the most hosed-up thing I've ever seen

If you go to Chip Da Ripper's Wikipedia page it doesn't mention Interior Crocodile Alligator at all until like the final sentence where it mentions that "a freestyle of his became popular on Tiktok in late 2020"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Again, another super-serious moment (man this game just got Real) and then I'm like "oh that's the name of the site lol"

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Hey gamers. I got me a brand new graphics card so i can finally play Death Stranding (s/o to steam family share). I'm not 2 hours in and it's already making a strong case for not just my GotY but my top 5 all time games.

God i love how loving bonkers it is. Anyway imma go play Jedi: Fallen order until my buddy goes to sleep.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyqWjl7GkCE

I forgot about this song and music vid and I want to share it now for others to enjoy and possibly rediscover.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This is the most hosed-up thing I've ever seen

If you go to Chip Da Ripper's Wikipedia page it doesn't mention Interior Crocodile Alligator at all until like the final sentence where it mentions that "a freestyle of his became popular on Tiktok in late 2020"

What the gently caress

poo poo, that line's the only thing I know and I know it from way before tiktok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah Interior Crocodile is like...one of the proto-memes, that guy's got an insane level of cultural relevancy