Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Hunting is huge for keeping deer populations down, which reduces deer starving to death or slowly dying from being hit by a car/people being injured when they hit deer with cars.

Wait no, I've seen this before. You just need to introduce a species to prey on the deer and that should work out perfectly with no side-effects at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

2140: hunting is vital for keeping carnoboar populations down which is why I am standing up for the right to own a t42 or greater plasma cannon as conventional weaponry cannot keep the small farmer safe

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

if you own a gun, youre kind of a freak

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Man you really feel strongly about that huh

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

all i know is, visiting someone's house and seeing that they own a gun would make me uncomfortable because it means im in the house of someone who kills other living things with their own hands willingly and no thanks

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Shibawanko posted:

all i know is, visiting someone's house and seeing that they own a gun would make me uncomfortable because it means im in the house of someone who kills other living things with their own hands willingly and no thanks

I don’t kill things with my own hands, that’s what the guns are for.
Since I moved out of the middle of nowhere I’ve mostly been hunting the elusive “paper target” and “clay pigeon”, though.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
You better be a vegetarian, then, because happily eating that steak but looking down on the butcher who prepared it is literally an attitude from the dark ages.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

yeah, even hogs though

i got wild boar sometimes. but why would i shoot them?

You live in Europe where they’re a native species. Hoyden lives in Texas where they’re a very destructive invasive species.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Whatever happened to that goon who hunted swamp boar with a stick?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Byzantine posted:

Whatever happened to that goon who hunted swamp boar with a stick?
Bushmaster? I remember sometimes he would find the boar with a FLIR equipped drone and then go a-hunting with his spear.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
He ran out of boar to hunt. Tried to find more with a IR camera drone but didn't find any, as far as I remember.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Most of the time people say BIPOC it would be more correct to just say POC.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
British television relies on the detective format too much. Partly because it's impossible to make a show about sexy lawyers in the UK since they've gotta wear those stupid clown getups.

Edit: On further consideration, I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion, I just succumbed to the siren song of this thread to wander in and be a little racist. But, like, it's the Brits, so whatever.

Nameless Pete has a new favorite as of 18:34 on Mar 20, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Shibawanko posted:

Oh man have I got some bad news for you about the food chain

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The best cereals are dense so not to float which allows for an optimal cereal to milk ratio.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Most cereal is better without milk.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Gripweed posted:

Most of the time people say BIPOC it would be more correct to just say POC.

I mean it's just so they can go "other than Asians". Like if they want to talk about difficulties that black and indigenous people have specifically but I think it's way better to just specifically talk about black issues then.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Most cereal is better without milk.

Do you mean just munch on it dry? Because no, no.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

Usually I just eat it straight out of the box like a bag(box) of chips if I eat it at all. Especially cereal like lucky charms - eat all the brown parts first and then go to town on the marshmallows. The milk makes them all soggy and loses some flavor.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

doverhog posted:

Some cereal (like weet-bix) goes really well with Greek yoghurt.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guyver posted:

The best cereals are dense so not to float which allows for an optimal cereal to milk ratio.

This man gets it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Usually I just eat it straight out of the box like a bag(box) of chips if I eat it at all. Especially cereal like lucky charms - eat all the brown parts first and then go to town on the marshmallows. The milk makes them all soggy and loses some flavor.

I can respect that, tho I choose not at all.

Mixing it into yoghurt would be the way I'd eat if it I was gonna do it, but don't really see any point to it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

christmas boots posted:

Wait no, I've seen this before. You just need to introduce a species to prey on the deer and that should work out perfectly with no side-effects at all.

For what it's worth re-introducing wolves is promising, at least in parts of the US where the cattle ranchers aren't completely in control of the park system.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All horror is bad. It just sucks and has no redeeming qualities.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
horror is fine (although not for me), but horror fans are either super chill or ridiculously pretentious and there's no inbetween

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

horror is fine (although not for me), but horror fans are either super chill or ridiculously pretentious and there's no inbetween

I don't care except when they try to get me to watch/play/read it. Then they get mad at me because I don't think it's great.

E: some older horror films have great music, so I guess that's something.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

thetoughestbean posted:

That's not true.

Some of them are edgelords who jerk off to gore.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Horror is not as good as tounge in cheek horror

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Also Get Out was a loving awful film and the twist was clear about 10 minutes in

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Also Get Out was a loving awful film and the twist was clear about 10 minutes in

The girlfriend was super hot.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

if horror hits the right notes at the right time in your life it can be really good for processing stress and trauma

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I like horror because even if it's badly made it can still be good, either by being funny or by having enough action going on to hold your attention. It's a lot harder to do that with say, a romance movie - if it's bad, it's just bad. I can't think of any drama/romance that did the "so bad it's good" circle-back. Action movies can do it but I think the bad guy being a ghost/demon/whatever spices it up a bit more than just some guys with guns.

I'm not a fan of the higher budget modern ones that take themselves really seriously though, like Hereditary/Get Out/Midsommar/babadook etc. I didn't actively dislike them but they could have been better imho if they leaned more into the horror parts instead of whatever point/commentary they each were trying to do.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I didn't know this was an unpopular opinion, but yes comedy does have to be funny to be good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

most spicy ramen is too spicy

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Horror is probably a higher victim of Sturgeon's Law than anything I can think of other than maybe anime, but that little sliver can be fantastic. While it's true a certain kind of "bad" horror is funny or entertaining, most bad horror is more likely to be something like an interminable Cube rip off from 2002 with a nu-metal soundtrack, some tepid torture poo poo or a boring 70s movie where a kid is maybe the devil but maybe isn't than a gonzo 80s melt-movie or something (which is actually good horror)

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Slasher movies are 100% garbage. The reason they all try to be tongue-in-cheek now is because they haven't come up with an original idea in 40 years and think sly winks at the tired tropes of the genre will be enough to cover up for being the exact same thing everyone has seen a hundred times before.

Zombie movies are also 100% garbage that have absolutely nothing interesting to say. And before some tries to :smug: "actually zombies are a satire of consumerism" - no they aren't, they were (maybe) in one lovely move from the 70s. In every other case they are just dumb monster bullshit for people who think throwing buckets of red paint around is the same thing as a plot.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zombies can be cool, but every single attempt to make more "realistic" zombies where it's actually some kind of virus or parasite or something instead of magic is terrible. You can't make realistic zombies. They just don't make sense. A human body that's decaying and falling apart is less dangerous than a normal person. A person who's been driven to irrational, murderous rage that prevents them from taking care of themself is dangerous for a very short time, and then they die or become so weak that they're no longer a threat. And none of these stories shows how the zombies got to be everywhere and how the human population was so drastically reduced, because there's no plausible way for that to happen. It has to start at the point where there are only ten survivors left because otherwise it would be obvious that zombies just couldn't be a serious threat to a modern society.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Nobody uses bicycles in postapocalypia.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Zombies can be okay. Vampires are always, always boring as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

You have to understand zombies are disproportionately more frightening to a human being who is incapable of walking or aiming in a direction without slowly turning to it.