Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW New Japan Cup March 20th
MOTYC

David Finlay vs Will Ospreay
- Finlay is good now

HM
EVIL vs Shingo Takagi
- Even with the Dick fuckery in the closing moments this was pretty good, Shingo is good Beef

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I will nth

MOTYC
Finlay vs Jay White
Finlay vs Will Ospreay.

The finish to Ospreay/Finlay was one of the coolest things I have seen in awhile and I'm genuinely impressed they did that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Kenoh (c) vs. Kazuyuki Fujita for the GHC National Championship - NOAH The Infinity 2021 (3/21)

An explosion of violence. Fujita is so fun to watch but wouldn't be very fun to wrestle

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH The Infinity March 21st
HM
Kongoh (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya and Masa Kitamiya) vs Kinya Okada, Osamu Nishimura and Yoshiki Inamura
- Kongoh were good as always, Okada continues to bring the fire. Nishimura had some cool segments, although he's got the Shinjiro Ohtani problem of looking like a real old man when he's not even 50 yet, I thought he was closer to Mutoh than Sugiura
Stinger (Hayata and Yoshinari Ogawa) (c) vs Daisuke Harada and Junta Miyawaki - GHC Jr Tag Team Championship
- Three extremely solid guys who don't really have bad matches, and Junta's best performance to date. Hayata has come a long way since I started watching NOAH again and he was just my least favourite member of RATELs
Kenoh (c) vs Kazuyuki Fujita - GHC National Championship
- I absolutely love when stables come out to support their guys, there's 12 guys at ringside to cheer on the 2 in the ring. This match started tense as hell, reminiscent of the Go/Fujita match from last year, then got explosive in a hurry. Kenoh rules and Ol' Ironhead is an absolute wall of a man. Was cool while it lasted, but I expected a lot more after the buildup. NOAH continues to baffle with it's singles title matches

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'll MOTYC: Finlay vs Ospreay and HM: Evil vs Shingo from New Japan Cup March 20th

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Shingo Takagi in the New Japan Cup Final - NJPW New Japan Cup 3/21

This match was absolutely loving insane. poo poo got done that I'm almost entirely certain defy and surpass the limitations of the human body. :stare:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs Will Ospreay New Japan Cup Finals 21.03

You know when two guys have had a match so unbelievably good that everybody just assumes that they won't ever top it? Well, these guys just said gently caress that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW New Japan Cup, 21/03

gently caress

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Shingo Takagi in the New Japan Cup Final - NJPW New Japan Cup 3/21

This match was absolutely loving insane. poo poo got done that I'm almost entirely certain defy and surpass the limitations of the human body. :stare:

Nth

Insane chemistry between these two

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

gently caress

Nth. gently caress.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

gently caress

This match deserves one entire gently caress. Nth

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Japan Cup March 21st
MOTYC

Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi
- Two pretty good wrestlers having a pretty good wrestling match

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

So uh if Kenny vs Mox got WMOTYC nods for a bad post match angle...

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Jerusalem posted:

I will Nth this. I don't count the post-match as there is absolutely no reason to watch it unless you hate yourself

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

So uh if Kenny vs Mox got WMOTYC nods for a bad post match angle...

Don’t take me as defending that stupid loving garbage angle but Mox vs Kenny’s dud explosion was intrinsically a part of the match stipulation and gimmick while Ospreay’s thing wasn’t, so it’s not too difficult to see why people aren’t giving it WMOTYC nods

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I maintain my opinion that this is the best/worst matches thread and not the best/worst angles thread. And the Shingo/Ospreay match itself was basically flawless.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
This is an interesting discussion really

Personally I'll count stuff in my match rating for a post match that's directly tied to the match itself. Okada in defeat raising his fist to Naito in salute at the dome for example I consider a part of the match but Kenta attacking naito I consider a separate angle. We are all just inventing our own arbitrary rules obviously but thats my logic

Robbie Eagles v SHO from the bosj is a match off the top of my head that I probably bumped from an HM to a motyc for the post match but it was still tied to the match

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Cerebral Bore posted:

I maintain my opinion that this is the best/worst matches thread and not the best/worst angles thread. And the Shingo/Ospreay match itself was basically flawless.

The flaw was that I had to spend most of the match being reminded that Will Ospreay exists and has a wrestling career

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Both from The New Beginning in Hiroshima Night 1 Feb 10.

HM: Dangerous Tekkers vs. GOD
MOTYC: SHO vs. Hiromu Takahashi

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW New Japan Cup, 3/21

gently caress

Nth.

And also Nth-ing:

a cyborg mug posted:

Don’t take me as defending that stupid loving garbage angle but Mox vs Kenny’s dud explosion was intrinsically a part of the match stipulation and gimmick while Ospreay’s thing wasn’t, so it’s not too difficult to see why people aren’t giving it WMOTYC nods

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
WMOTY: Drew McIntyre vs Sheamus - Fastlane 21/03

Two talented guys being held back from putting on a decent match because it was clearly micromanaged and there was no blood. It would not have been difficult to make this match even mildly entertaining. Peacock has paid WWE $1billion lol.

HM: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Seth Rollins - Fastlane 21/03

I went in expecting to hate this but drat, it was really great.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
WMOTYC: Alexa Bliss v. Randy Orton, Fastlane 3/21

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

xbilkis posted:

2nd

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Two talented guys being held back from putting on a decent match because it was clearly micromanaged and there was no blood. It would not have been difficult to make this match even mildly entertaining. Peacock has paid WWE $1billion lol.

HM: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Seth Rollins - Fastlane 21/03

I went in expecting to hate this but drat, it was really great.

Agree on both

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
wmotyc: Alexa Bliss vs Randy Orton, WWE Fastlane 3/21/21

this fiend and alexa stuff is actively terrible in every single regard and easily the worst storyline (and characters) in modern wwe history

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

DarkstarIV posted:

Nth. Ugh.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kosmo Gallion posted:

xbilkis posted:

yeah

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
MOTY: Alexa Bliss vs Randy Orton, WWE Fastlane

it was hilarious

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

xbilkis posted:

I will second both of these.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
WMOTY: Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns, WWE Fastlane

complete waste of time

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
WMOTY: Dbry vs Roman, Fastlane

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Seams posted:

WMOTY: Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns, WWE Fastlane

complete waste of time

nth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

this fiend and alexa stuff is actively terrible in every single regard and easily the worst storyline (and characters) in modern wwe history

This lol. Nth.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Moty, alexa bliss v. randy orton. they say matches are all the notes you dont play. well this was a symphony.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Seams posted:

MOTY: Alexa Bliss vs Randy Orton, WWE Fastlane

it was hilarious

seconded

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I would second a HM for Randy vs Alexa because it was filled with hokey poo poo that rules in wrestling. But it was done in WWE so it sucked all the humour and self awareness out of it. I am neither MOTYC, HM or WMOTYC so I dunno why I'm posting. Wrestling is a complex sport.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
MOTYC:
Ospreay and ZSJ
Ospreay and Shingo Takagi

Both from New Japan Cup, both very, very excellent

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
21st March
NJPW Cup Final
Shingo Takagi vs Will Ospreay

Good match. Very good match, but I can't go MOTYC on a match that fails to hold my attention for almost half of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Jay White & GOD vs. Goto, Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI, The New Beginning in Hiroshima, 2/11

Just a really great six man tag. Everyone worked so hard in this and there was a ton of chaos and teased finishes to keep it going. I loved this.