Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Makes sense I guess, a string of corruption allegations basically describes the Tories' entire approach to governance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

big scary monsters posted:

Makes sense I guess, a string of corruption allegations basically describes the Tories' entire approach to governance.

They are going straight to the source to get tips or train jedi style from them.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Mebh posted:

I can't stand any of the egg white cocktails. I grew up during the salmonella panic so raw eggs basically skeeve me the hell out. Euugh.

My darling partner asks me to ask the thread about any cocktails with soy sauce. I think she's trolling us, goons.

Though tbh she's an alpha goon and was at the infamous goon camp that the :gooncamp: emoji is from.
Like being married to a celebrity!

A dash of soy sauce in a Bloody Mary doesn't go amiss.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
was liverpool not under uk control before today?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
The UK govt have invaded Liverpool!!!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

<points at Liverpool>

Nationalised.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Turns out that hitting the report button sometimes works maybe

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Tories heard that somewhere was incredibly corrupt so they had to get in on the action immediately

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/CAMERAorgUK/status/1372585717226995725

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Got overly zealous cleaning my glasses and I guess now they don't have nose pads.

Times like these I remember why I got a second for 25% or whatever it was.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

forkboy84 posted:

Got overly zealous cleaning my glasses and I guess now they don't have nose pads.

Times like these I remember why I got a second for 25% or whatever it was.

My current pair had nose pads that fell off after like a month lol I just deal with it tbh

"What if we just stopped arguing Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East and instead went straight to "Apartheid is good, actually"?"

ThomasPaine posted:

I don't care I just find posting about posters and forums drama very dull and would like it to end

Yeah but the point is it's not posting about posters or forums drama, it's poo poo directed at a specific group combined with sustained harassment of a member of that group. I would gently suggest it's not very comradely to want the issue to go away because you find it annoying rather than wanting it to be resolved for the sake of solidarity; trans people don't get to just go "It's very dull" and ignore it (And the left has long held that it is not incumbent on a victim or victim group to take action like that) and it's a bit off to liken what's going on to an Internet Fight.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you threadban him it goes away :v:

feedmegin posted:

The gold selling thing was from, like, frigging 1998 too

I know right, I think some people just have no concept of the passage of time.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

OwlFancier posted:

If you threadban him it goes away :v:

I know right, I think some people just have no concept of the passage of time.

Boomers remembering enduring the Blitz (but also unable to endure the bins not being collected by PM Corbyn in 2006) suggests you could be right

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I just ignore and move on. To boot I've added this line to the ublock plugin so you don't even see the ignored user message, it's a complete removal someone's presence, unless they're quoted:

somethingawful.com##.ignored

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...re_iOSApp_Other

Who wants to bet a good chunk of these were not prosecuted by DPP chief keef?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The problem with adding people to your ignore list is that despite the entire thread going on about ignoring bad posters and not engaging them and not feeding the troll, they still do and it makes the ignore list a waste of time.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Dead Goon posted:

The problem with adding people to your ignore list is that despite the entire thread going on about ignoring bad posters and not engaging them and not feeding the troll, they still do and it makes the ignore list a waste of time.

besides, that kind of makes dealing with a lovely troll a personal responsibility of every other poster and not, like, the troll themselves or the mods, and that never works

and that's not even getting into all the differences in personal tolerances towards shittiness, different sets of boundaries, etc which makes the whole "just ignore them" thing a pointless endeavour.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Life's too short for trolls. Bin them off.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
After enduring three video job interviews today is the day I'm finally able to shave all my hair off and revert to my clean cut and efficient white nationalist look.

On the assumption that it will grow back sufficiently by the time I start the new job next month...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah but the point is it's not posting about posters or forums drama, it's poo poo directed at a specific group combined with sustained harassment of a member of that group. I would gently suggest it's not very comradely to want the issue to go away because you find it annoying rather than wanting it to be resolved for the sake of solidarity; trans people don't get to just go "It's very dull" and ignore it (And the left has long held that it is not incumbent on a victim or victim group to take action like that) and it's a bit off to liken what's going on to an Internet Fight.

quoting this post again because people still don’t quite get that this hasn’t been “ugh forum drama” this has been a targeted effort from several people to take someone’s voice away from them and that person deserves an apology now it’s been dragged into the open.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Mebh posted:

I can't stand any of the egg white cocktails. I grew up during the salmonella panic so raw eggs basically skeeve me the hell out. Euugh.

My darling partner asks me to ask the thread about any cocktails with soy sauce. I think she's trolling us, goons.

Though tbh she's an alpha goon and was at the infamous goon camp that the :gooncamp: emoji is from.
Like being married to a celebrity!

Use the liquid from a can of chickpeas instead of egg

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I don't think mass ignoring has ever really worked on any thread here, there's always a critical mass of people who are too easily baited.

Threadbanning is good though, for everyone involved. I don't think most lovely trolls are even getting that much enjoyment out of what they're doing, they just can't stop touching the hot stove

DrWrestling69 posted:

Use the liquid from a can of chickpeas instead of egg

...to make the most garbage tasting cocktails of all time. Seriously I'm sure aquafaba can substitute in a lot of meals but is absolutely haram in cocktail

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
The high abv alcohol and citrus you use egg whites in sterilizes and cures the white, you goombas.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can also substitute blood for egg structurally so I'm sure it works in cocktails too.

And medicine, for that matter.

And by the transitive property you can also substitute blood for chickpeas.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
HUMMUS FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

I thought of another fun-to-make & delicious egg-based cocktail: the indian winter

I guess you could substitute blood & call it an Amritsar or something

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

They make foaming agents for cocktails if you don't want to use egg white, it's just the isolated chemical and you can just stick a few drops in and it does the same thing. They also make egg white syrup if you don't mind the egg white but don't want to handle raw eggs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can also replace your blood with foaming agent.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

You can also replace your blood with foaming agent.

This can have bad side effects - like commenting under Daily Mail articles

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Reading through the list of spontaneous reports of AZ side-effects you vaccine-havers missed out on some of the good ones.

I'm fascinated by what the one reported case of patient elopement involved.

Maybe some of you were among the four reported cases of "screaming" though.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Posting the picture because he'll definitely delete this take.

https://twitter.com/KeejayOV3/status/1373574890226380800?s=19

peanut- posted:

You got me thinking about my actual job on a Sunday, because I am genuinely mystified how you could code "screaming" as a higher-level group term, must remember to check if it's in the coding dictionary

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 21, 2021

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

feedmegin posted:

The gold selling thing was from, like, frigging 1998 too

Excellent, from that I can extrapolate everyone will only stop blaming Labour's shitness on Corbyn by, let's see, 2043. Let's compare notes in a couple of decades.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

belated cocktail chat, but Negronis are why I feel like death today:

one part gin,
one part vermouth rosso (red, semi-sweet),
and one part Campari,
shake with lots of ice,
garnish with orange peel if feeling sassy

10/10 would groni again

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
Aperol spritz is the best cocktail

2 parts prosecco
1 part aperol
Top up with club soda, served over ice with some orange slices.

Though I like to make it a bit more aperol heavy than this

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Apperol Spritz is not the best cocktail by a longshot, but they are nice.

I've really gotten into cocktail making this lockdown, even going as far as buying weird liqueurs and spirits so I can make such oddities as Aviation and Death in the Afternoon, but I think maybe my favourite overall is the simple Daquari.

Been making a ton of Apple Martinis recently -
2 parts vanilla Vodka (50ml per drink standard)
1 part apple juice
Half the juice of a lime per drink (so a whole lime if you're shaking for 2)
2 tea spoons of sugar syrup per drink
Egg white
Shake well to froth up the egg properly, serve in a stemmed glass with a dusting of cinnamon.

Very tasty.

Flayer fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Mar 21, 2021

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
lol eat poo poo, landlords

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1373573163754401800?s=20

quote:

After being denied planning permission to convert it into 10 flats, and two days before English Heritage was due to recommend the pub be granted Grade-II listed status, the owners ordered its demolition.

Instead, after a dogged six-year campaign by locals, the Carlton Tavern will reopen next month – lockdown permitting – after the developers were ordered to rebuild the pub “brick by brick”, a ruling that pub campaigners say has set an extraordinary precedent.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That's where they went wrong, ordering its demolition rather than it just accidentally burning down.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Seems I got off fairly lightly despite swapping to cream liquers at the end of the night!

Now to compound the guilt by watching https://youtu.be/p2mjDscACAA which starts off with how alcohol is the most harmful drug in the UK. Wee.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

peanut- posted:

Reading through the list of spontaneous reports of AZ side-effects you vaccine-havers missed out on some of the good ones.

I'm fascinated by what the one reported case of patient elopement involved.

I'm concerned by the 2 arthropod bites and 3 arthropod stings. Nobody told me the vaccine would attract scorpions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Oh that's really good news, that was an absolute crime what they did and it looked like they were trying to run out the clock on rebuilding for years.