Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Guess I can go back to not caring about college ball for 16 years, but this time I can't even blame the refs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I'm behind by like a minute but that was a nice basket by Loyola.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mastershakeman posted:

Crazy that kogi played like poo poo , but had almost 1/3 of the illink points. No one else can do poo poo

They're also not really letting anyone else do anything though, they're running like all their offense through him even with Loyola immediately sending triple teams and constantly getting turnovers off it. Not Underwood's best game.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
March Madness 2021 GDT: My kid and wife have started chanting roll tide at me and im miserable

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This game is definitely not over yet.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

elentar posted:

March Madness 2021 GDT: My kid and wife have started chanting roll tide at me and im miserable

lmao it just now occured to me that that guy has to deal with alabama being good at basketball now too

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Kirios posted:

This game is definitely not over yet.

But, speaking as an Illinois fan/alum, it's just about.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sarcastro posted:

But, speaking as an Illinois fan/alum, it's just about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXNQ4NJTYMc

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The combination of losing as a 1 seed to dumb catholic team in your same city, the annoying nun, their goober center owning Cockburn... Oooof.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

mcmagic posted:

The combination of losing as a 1 seed to dumb catholic team in your same city, the annoying nun, their goober center owning Cockburn... Oooof.

Where do you think UIUC is

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mcmagic posted:

wtf sister jean is good

also lol same city, the university of illinois is in the middle of loving nowhere

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Loyala-Chicago about to clinch the Big Ten Title

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MourningView posted:

They're also not really letting anyone else do anything though, they're running like all their offense through him even with Loyola immediately sending triple teams and constantly getting turnovers off it. Not Underwood's best game.

I don't know what else you can do though when frazier is bricking everything, curbelo is out of control, and ayo is completely taken out of it by good defense

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Don't you dare give me hope.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Where do you think UIUC is

Lol.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

facialimpediment posted:

Loyala-Chicago about to clinch the Big Ten Title

Chicago's Big Ten Basketball Team

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MourningView posted:

lmao it just now occured to me that that guy has to deal with alabama being good at basketball now too

My wife asked me whether you get 1 point per basket and then 3 for 3s

I don't think she can handle bball for a season though because she firmly believes alabama football should never have a loss , ever (which is silly, they average like 1.2 losses over the last dozen years)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
even by the extremely lax standards of illinois residents trying to claim being from chicago champaign urbana is extremely Not Chicago

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I don't think illinois has gotten within 6 since like 2 minutes in

This is just pathetic by ayo. A bunch of unathletic dudes stealing the ball nonstop

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

MourningView posted:

even by the extremely lax standards of illinois residents trying to claim being from chicago champaign urbana is extremely Not Chicago

Dosunmu is from Chicago though.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Chicago's Big Ten Basketball Team

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/NaderDIssa/status/1371240494773235714

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

MourningView posted:

It takes longer to drive to Champaign from Chicago than it does to drive to Philadelphia from New York City.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It takes longer to drive to Champaign from Chicago than it does to drive to Philadelphia from New York City.

That's because philly is a suburb of nyc and why it has no societal presence outside of a singular tv show. Portland, baltimore, austin, boulder get noticed more than philly. No one is from there, no one wants to move there. It's nyc's morton grove

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

They've finally stopped Loyola from scoring, but the Ramblers are bleeding so much clock.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
I do hope that next year they get Curbelo some better tread on his shoes.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
They keep trying to get little guys in the paint when they keep getting really hard shots and it's time for the 3 ball anyways.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

acidx posted:

Dosunmu is from Chicago though.

Oh yeah they still have to recruit from there a lot that's true

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

acidx posted:

They keep trying to get little guys in the paint when they keep getting really hard shots and it's time for the 3 ball anyways.

This team hasn't shot 3s well all year which was always a bad sign, so , well

Edit and then lose the rebound so more time gone and krutwig loving gets a steal from ayo? Come on

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

That's because philly is a suburb of nyc and why it has no societal presence outside of a singular tv show. Portland, baltimore, austin, boulder get noticed more than philly. No one is from there, no one wants to move there. It's nyc's morton grove

Now that's a take. As a Bostonian, I love it.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Wooooof Ayo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I love 25 for Loyola

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I love it when guys who look like they're 35-year old rec players make big plays

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Nobody boxed out the shooter.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Officer Farva getting them steals

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1373698357135310853?s=19

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
This is a nightmare

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

mastershakeman posted:

This is a nightmare

They are on a mission from God

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Does Illinois realize they're trailing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Would've bet a lot of money that Michigan would be the first 1-seed out and Illinois would make the final four.

And that's why I don't gamble.