Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I wish Fallen Order were better

I thought it was good, but with some more thought or time it could have been really great. There's all this dialogue between the crew that you never hear unless you're traveling back and forth between planets a lot collecting stuff.

I think a sequel will be a big step up now with the experience Respawn gained making their first non-fps game.

I'm really hoping for playable Merrin. There's a lot you can do with a skill tree of Nightsister magic gameplay wise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's very strange how it's a game where you collect a party of ragtag adventurers and go to distant worlds but all the adventurers stay on the ship.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gay bars are closing down rapidly in America and worldwide, please visit them if you have interest because you may never get another chance.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Barudak posted:

Gay bars are closing down rapidly in America and worldwide, please visit them if you have interest because you may never get another chance.

I hate bars in general but I’m still bummed for all the relevant individuals that like bars but not worrying about being called the f-word. What’s happening with them? Was covid that much of a hit?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

http://bostonreview.net/gender-sexuality/samuel-clowes-huneke-death-gay-bar

quote:

Today it feels like that history is slipping through our fingers. Gay bars around the country are going under. Greggor Mattson, a sociology professor at Oberlin College, found that 37 percent of U.S. gay bars closed between 2007 and 2019. In the entire country there are only fifteen lesbian bars left, a fact that spurred the creation of The Lesbian Bar Project in October of last year. The United States is not alone—European gay bars have been failing for some time now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
With Lego Indiana Jones failing on me I've moved onto the next game on my list, Ninja Gaiden II and drat this game has not come to play. The first level of the first game was a nice calm tutorial where you fight a few dudes at a time but here the first level is a bloodbath where I'm getting jumped by like 20 guys at once :stare:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

wuggles posted:

How was the drag show Simone

Fine, but I left early because everyone was a horny old swinger and half of them were staring at their phones

It was kinda depressing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg on dat souls stream poo poo https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Somehow spent the entirety of yesterday and stayed up way too late into the morning playing BotW. I forgot how addicting that game can be. I unlocked every tower except Gerudo and Akkala, bought a house and tamed the royal steed. I also attempted to draw the Master Sword before bed but it turns out you need 13 hearts and I only have 9, so it's time to do some more shrine hunting.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
can't the lack of lesbian bars partly be blamed on anti-discrimination laws? I assume there are several magnitudes more gay+lesbian bars in the US, even with the decline factored in

edit: this article says 800 gay bars in the US, which is much less than I expected, but also much more than the fifteen lesbian bars

ymgve fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 21, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its probably hard to limit clientelle to a sub group as that group gains more acceptance in society because younger people will not feel as unwelcome at regular bars and therefore have more choices of where to patronize than the older gen did

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Walla posted:

Somehow spent the entirety of yesterday and stayed up way too late into the morning playing BotW. I forgot how addicting that game can be. I unlocked every tower except Gerudo and Akkala, bought a house and tamed the royal steed. I also attempted to draw the Master Sword before bed but it turns out you need 13 hearts and I only have 9, so it's time to do some more shrine hunting.

You probably remember and just don’t have enough rings but just in case you can use the statue in the one village to convert your stamina into hearts for it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

You probably remember and just don’t have enough rings but just in case you can use the statue in the one village to convert your stamina into hearts for it.

I remember. That 9 includes trading in all my stamina for hearts. I've only done 27 shrines which is only 6 upgrades. Need to do another 13 shrines. :)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The moment I realized I could use Cal's force push to shove a rocket right back in a stormtrooper's face was extremely gratifying. One of those rocketmen was my first actual death.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

a lot of gay bars just have lesbian floors or rooms, I've found. Pitchers in DC devotes a floor to A League of Her Own downstairs. they also have SNES emulation machines for some reason

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

BotW is a great game. These physics puzzles using the drat gyro sensor can gently caress right off. Does anyone find these fun?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
botw is good. When it first came out I was not thinking straight and declared the game bad in the botw thread.

some puzzles that use the gyro can be circumvented in naughty ways. Like the one at the second village in the storyline - you can just flip the platform upside down so it's smooth, instead of navigating the ball around the maze.

the game has obvious solutions to its puzzles while also encouraging out of the box thinking. there is always, always multiple ways to skin a cat.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The problem with the puzzles are I play handheld. Also every physics puzzle skews your frame of reference so it's difficult to judge where thins are and makes solving them take 3 times longer than necessary. Plus there's no haptic feedback on things like the putting ones so you have no clue how much force you need or are using.

The game is great but those puzzles aren't.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Walla posted:

BotW is a great game. These physics puzzles using the drat gyro sensor can gently caress right off. Does anyone find these fun?

i really liked the mini-golf shrine but that one only uses fairly small movements

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I think playing handheld makes some of the puzzles easier? Especially the weird semi-intended strategies where you’re holding the switch upside down and looking up at it. I’m sorry you’re getting frustrated though, I think these puzzles really lend themselves to a “mess around and take as many tries as you need” approach because usually failure just means the game drops another ball down the chute.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I like some of the dumb solutions to them, like in addition to flipping the ball maze upside down, you can also do a quick flick to launch the ball in the air and then catch it at the end of the maze. They were kind of lame, but I liked them more than the Divine Beast dungeons where you had to jump in and out of menus all the time to solve a boring maze/puzzle.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

BOTW made realize I still find ragdoll physics funny as hell and probably always will.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

BOTW made realize I still find ragdoll physics funny as hell and probably always will.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Same but with the modern Hitman games. I love the way everything is superficially so sleek and serious but, under the surface, deeply and knowingly silly. In particular in the last proper level of Hitman 3 there is a whole story with you setting up a character to be sniped by her own security team and the cool and underhand way you set everything in motion is perfectly capped when the target is shot and violently cartwheels 5 metres into the air before plummeting off a cliff like something out of Road Runner

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Thank goodness there's plenty of Unity/Unreal 4 cash in projects keeping the dream alive :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I do love knocking moblins and bokoblins 10 feet into the air. Bonus points for knocking them off a cliff before they die.

Also I'm having a lot more fun riding a horse this time around.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I literally never used a horse in my 100-something hours of the game

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I literally never used a horse in my 100-something hours of the game

I didn't my first run either. Now I'm making a point of grabbing one of my horses out of the stable and just riding on the road. And there's great satisfaction in hitting a bokoblin with a spear at full gallop. It's more fun than just fast traveling between shrines and towers.

Also I hate the actual 1-1 combat because I'm poo poo at it and keep accidentally hitting L3 at the wrong moments, but running around the plateau or Eventide Island in some stealth survivor mode is completely my poo poo and I wish there were more games on the Switch that scratched that itch.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
hello folks hope everyone is having a nice weekend

i am downloading a huge pack of sega mega drive box arts so i can spend my sunday scrolling through them and seeing if it triggers any memories of games i played as a kid

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Walla posted:

Also I hate the actual 1-1 combat because I'm poo poo at it and keep accidentally hitting L3 at the wrong moments, but running around the plateau or Eventide Island in some stealth survivor mode is completely my poo poo and I wish there were more games on the Switch that scratched that itch.

I played on Master Mode my first playthrough and yeah I loved how the game was now a super-dangerous stealth game where if I wanted to get any of the great gear I was gonna have to figure out a way to use the environment to win the fight for me because I either didn't have enough gear to actually win a head-on fight or I wanted to save some of my huge rewards for the real dangerous stuff like combat shrines

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://i.imgur.com/a5aWdRa.mp4
wanted to play with a valheim style

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My city's police station is currently under siege :getin:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hm, the non-egoraptor half of the Game Grumps just got outed as a groomer, backed with lots of pretty convincing evidence. That's not good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Convex posted:

Same but with the modern Hitman games. I love the way everything is superficially so sleek and serious but, under the surface, deeply and knowingly silly. In particular in the last proper level of Hitman 3 there is a whole story with you setting up a character to be sniped by her own security team and the cool and underhand way you set everything in motion is perfectly capped when the target is shot and violently cartwheels 5 metres into the air before plummeting off a cliff like something out of Road Runner

This post made me realize that Hitman is the modern day equivalent of a Buster Keaton movie and that's the secret to its success.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

Hm, the non-egoraptor half of the Game Grumps just got outed as a groomer, backed with lots of pretty convincing evidence. That's not good.

The current one or the old one?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The current one. The old one was outed as a racist years ago.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Gist seems to be Dan Avidan was grooming underage fans, hooking up as soon as they hit 18, and ghosting after. He's 42.

Disgusting.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hooked up my Wii U because it's time to replay the Metroid Prime Trilogy and possibly Other M since I've replayed all the 2D Metroids this year. I was looking at the Wii games they have on the eShop and I might also get Wario Land: Shake it (aka the Shake Dimension)/Donkey Kong Jungle Beat + Pikmin 2 because I haven't played any of them

the wii is back!!

I was also looking at the Turbografx 16 games they had and it makes me want to buy the mini console they released last year but I'm worried it might be all shmups and I'm not great at those

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mango sentinel posted:

Gist seems to be Dan Avidan was grooming underage fans, hooking up as soon as they hit 18, and ghosting after. He's 42.

Disgusting.

Here's the accusation

https://www.reddit.com/r/rantgrumps/comments/m9yr2g/video_evidence_of_the_dan_accusations/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Oh a YouTube funnyman is a creep? How odd