Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
While I agree, I think I'll say 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"I'm curious to know more about you."

Evertree posted:

Daisy winks. "I thought I made it clear earlier. You're more than welcome to know as much of me as you'd like. But I'll confess you have me wanting to know a little more about you."

Wen comes over to the table bearing food and drink, and you set about satisfying the hunger that has been creeping up on you all day while Daisy sips at her wine, her blue eyes surveying your smart attire.

"I'm glad to see you making an effort. Too many people think of fashion as optional."

1. "I couldn't agree more! Fashion is important."
2. "It hardly compares to your attire, but thank you."
3. "I'm not bothered by fashion, but getting dressed up for dinner is good manners."

As you might expect, we're not going to get as much out of Daisy here as we would if we were on her path, but there might still be valuable things to learn through the course of this conversation.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"It hardly compares to your attire, but thank you."

Evertree posted:

Daisy grins and raises her glass. "To being the best-dressed half-elf at Evertree Inn, then," she toasts. You tap your glass to her with a clink.

The small talk taken care of, you now feel in a position to ask Daisy a question of your own choosing.

1. "How are you enjoying your stay?"
2. "Tell me about yourself, Daisy."
3. "How did you become a talent agent?"
4. "The food here's good, isn't it?"
5. I don't have anything else I want to talk about with Daisy.
Daisy +10

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"Tell me about yourself, Daisy."

Evertree posted:

You can see the veneer of charm descend over her face as she decides how best to deflect your personal question.

"I have a better idea. Why don't you tell me about yourself first?"

1. "I'm not shy. I'll tell you about my past."
2. "All right, fine, but afterwards you tell me yours."
3. "If you don't want to talk about you, then I'm not going to talk about me. You go first."
4. "Let's talk about something else."

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

2 - fair's fair, Miss Totally-Not-Hiding-Something.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Black Robe posted:

2 - fair's fair, Miss Totally-Not-Hiding-Something.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"All right, fine, but afterwards you tell me yours."

Evertree posted:

"Hmmm…. No deal," Daisy shrugs. "We're not going to know each other long enough to get that close anyway. Let's talk about something else."

As she talks, her gaze wanders past you to the door leading into the lobby, but then those blue eyes snap back to you and you have her attention again.

1. "How are you enjoying your stay?"
2. "How did you become a talent agent?"
3. "The food here's good, isn't it?"
4. I don't have anything else I want to talk about with Daisy.
Daisy -5

The only way to get Daisy to fully open up about her past is if you're on her romance path. If you're not, it's possible to get a significant part of the way there if you're wearing practical clothing (which, alas, we're not), and you get a hint if you pick the first answer in the previous choice (as well as a pretty hefty relationship increase), but otherwise, no dice.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Well, darn. 1 I guess, she's not likely to answer 2 now and 3 is probably pointless blather.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Black Robe posted:

Well, darn. 1 I guess, she's not likely to answer 2 now and 3 is probably pointless blather.

I'll tell you for free that you can ask 2. It's not too personal.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

2 then.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

1 or 2?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"How are you enjoying your stay?"

Evertree posted:

"By drinking," Daisy laughs, taking a bite out of a piece of bread. "Nah, it will do. I don't actually hate it here. Although I can't say I enjoy being so close to the Firstwood. And I'm pretty certain I'll be double locking my door tonight. Don't tell Isaria but this place is not entirely without a reputation."

Daisy sits back in her chair as Wen comes over to your table and asks if either of you would like another drink. Your companion grins and nods for her glass to be refilled, then asks,

"I don't suppose you've heard from my dear companion, have you?"

"Miss Evenveil?" Wen confirms. "Not yet, Miss Thorne. Would you like me to check on her?"

Daisy shakes her head. "She's probably just fixing her face." Then she says to you, "We can't all be so effortlessly beautiful."

Wen chuckles at the compliment, possibly thinking Daisy meant it for her, and asks you, "And for you, ma'am?"

What will you do?

1. "You know what, actually I will have something stronger."
2. "I'll just take some water, thanks."
3. "I'm fine right now, thank you."

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
3 We're fine.

I don't want to get drunk but I don't want our dandy companion to think that we like to drink plain water either.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

3 as well.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"I'm fine right now, thank you."

Evertree posted:

Daisy rolls her eyes. "Lightweight," she says, teasingly as Wen tops up her glass.

1. "So what rumours have you heard about this place?"
2. "What do you know about the woods?"
3. "How did you become a talent agent?"
4. "The food here's good, isn't it?"
5. I don't have anything else I want to talk about with Daisy.
Daisy -3

The first two questions have been unlocked based on things Daisy said in answer to our previous question.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
3 then 1 then 2.

And a vote against 4.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That Italian Guy posted:

3 then 1 then 2.

And a vote against 4.

:same:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"How did you become a talent agent?"

Evertree posted:

"It was in Veyawin," Daisy says, casually sipping from her cup. "I was working in a late night cafe and we were having a talent evening where individuals could step up and perform, and Isaria was one of the acts. It was love at first sight, in a manner of speaking. I could see her talent straight away, and I could also see that she was useless at promoting herself, and if there's one thing I know, it's how to make yourself look good. She didn't take much convincing either. If I'm good at making others look good, you can be sure I sell myself even better."

1. "So what rumours have you heard about this place?"
2. "What do you know about the woods?"
3. "Did you and Isaria ever…?"
4. "What's it like, mingling with the rich and famous?"
5. "The food here's good, isn't it?"
6. I don't have anything else I want to talk about with Daisy.

We've unlocked a couple more questions, so I'll let people vote again.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

This.

Also, we know Isaria is into men, so we know the answer to 3 I guess. Unless we want to try and flatter her by implying something's happened between them.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"What's it like, mingling with the rich and famous?"

Evertree posted:

A glazed expression comes over Daisy's face as she recalls a plethora of lavish balls and exotic feasts.

"It's the only way to live. Anyone who ever said the life of fame isn't what it seems, simply wasn't famous enough. You eat the finest foods, you dance to the finest music, you…meet the finest people. This place," she gestures to the food and the wine and the room, "is nothing."

1. "What's the finest food you've ever eaten?"
2. "What's the finest music you've ever danced to?"
3. "Who's the finest person you ever…met?"

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

3 :airquote:

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"Who's the finest person you ever…met?"

Evertree posted:

An eyebrow raised, Daisy answers mischievously,

"So many people, so many meetings, so hard to remember them all. You should know that I never meet and tell."

At this time, out of the corner of your eye, you see Mr. Ga'arl the half-orc stand up and leave the dining hall.

1. I'd like to excuse myself and follow Mr. Ga'arl.
2. I'm not interested in the half-orc. Let's get back to Daisy.

This is another question where you get a significantly different answer if you're on the romance route.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Dang. I was expecting something along those lines though.

I think I'll say 2, but only because I dunno if we want to go bother Mr. Ga'arl again. Though I don't think we're going to get much more out of Daisy right now at least.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

2 as well.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I'm not interested in the half-orc. Let's get back to Daisy.

Evertree posted:

Daisy's eyes are glancing past you with increasing frequency, but she doesn't say anything. You assume that she's waiting for Isaria Evenveil to come down, and now that you think of it, she is rather late.

1. "If you're worried about Isaria, you should go and check on her."
2. "So what rumours have you heard about this place?"
3. "What do you know about the woods?"
4. "Did you and Isaria ever…?"
5. "The food here's good, isn't it?"
6. I don't have anything else I want to talk about with Daisy.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Then 3 if it doesn't open up anything else.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"So what rumours have you heard about this place?"

Evertree posted:

Daisy leans in conspiratorially.

"Well, I don't know much. It's only hearsay I heard on the road coming here, but I assume you noticed how cheap the prices are. Obviously no-one could run a business on those margins. I've heard that sometimes this place plays host to some pretty wealthy people who are willing to pay a lot of money to keep their activities secret."

Double checking that no-one is listening she adds, "And I'm not just talking about fun activities. I mean actual criminal activities. The Blackstone Thieves' Guild, the Syndicate of Shadows, the Circle; I wouldn't be surprised if this place is a front for all of them."

1. "The Blackstone Thieves' Guild? The Syndicate of Shadows? The Circle? What are they?"
2. "I think the prices are low because someone died here recently."
3. "Is that true?"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"The Blackstone Thieves' Guild? The Syndicate of Shadows? The Circle? What are they?"

Evertree posted:

"Awww," Daisy coos teasingly. "That's so sweet. I almost hate to deprive you of your innocence."

"The Blackstone Thieves' Guild is the largest criminal organisation in the Empire. It started in Blackstone, but they say it has a presence in every city; even your hometown will have at least a few agents. It's known for its rather distinctive sigil - a highwayman with four arms, one for each of the Guild's criminal activities. The fact that you've never heard of it is ridiculous, by the way."

Clearly enjoying playing the teacher, Daisy continues,

"The Syndicate of Shadows is less well known, so I'll forgive you for that one. They're an order of mages from Tyr. You won't find any more information about them than that. Believe me. I looked into them when I was there and they are incredibly secretive. Magically secretive."

"As for the Circle," she explains, "that's in Lux. They're not so widespread as the Blackstone Guild, but they're very organised. They shake down a lot of businesses, run illegal operations out of the port. It's rumoured they have some very powerful connections in the aristocracy, possibly even the Mayor, but I can't say I ever had any direct experience with them."

These organisations definitely don't sound like something with which you would want to become involved anytime soon.

At this point, Wen comes over to your table again and asks if you would like another drink. Daisy thrusts her glass in her direction with a wink.

What will you do?

1. "You know what, actually I will have something stronger."
2. "I'll just take some water, thanks."
3. "I'm fine right now, thank you."
Daisy +5

As an aside, if you're from Blackstone, your career goal (irrespective of whether you're an assassin (guile + combat), a spy (guile + perception), a thief (all guile, all the time) or a mountebank (guile + magic)) is to work for one of the arms of the Blackstone Thieves Guild (a different arm in each case), so you get both a different question and answer here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

1. We're getting plenty of good information here and Daisy didn't like it the last time we decided not to drink, so let's keep this info train rolling with a light glass of wine.