Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mebh posted:

Do tell!

Livestream here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bristol seems very cool tbh.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

What kicked all this off specifically? I know things have been tense ever since Everard and the crackdown at the vigil, but this seems like an escalation.

It was a Kill the Bill protest against the new law Police and Crime bill that effectively outlaws protest

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

OwlFancier posted:

I'm wondering how come they make the gas masks with the filter hole on either side.

Do you get to pick your favorite when you sign up do you reckon?

So you can breathe while you're changing filters. You can use one but get less airflow.

kecske posted:

depends which shoulder you brace your rifle on

Nope

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Just showed a second burnt out cop car.
It was a car, not a van like the pic above.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Livestream journo is an SWX fan, credibility ruined :negative:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Census deadline is tonight, thanks Zarah Sultana for reminding me via facebook.

Filled in the feedback to tell them to gently caress right off for the sex question, in particular that there are only two options and you have to answer one of them to proceed.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

It's hard to say it was a bait vehicle when it was parked right in front of the police station

I can't find the photo now but the classic example of this was a police van that happened to be parked on the route of one of the large protests in London in the 00s or early 10s. It looked oddly vintage at the time- circular blue light on top, knackered LDV chassis, that sort of thing. It got trashed and there were plenty of photos of it on the front pages.
This one on fire in Brizzle looks like the sort of van the police would be sorry to lose.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I learned it from this

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

knox_harrington posted:

So you can breathe while you're changing filters. You can use one but get less airflow.

Nope

I think you're confusing the 80s-vintage S10 in the pic (which is obviously from some drama about the Iranian Embassy siege) which was single-sided and available in left- and right-hand versions, and the modern GSR which is two-sided.

e: Actually a quick wiki suggests it's actually the older S6 which would be the right vintage for the embassy siege.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 21, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I think you're confusing the 80s-vintage S10 in the pic (which is obviously from some drama about the Iranian Embassy siege) which was single-sided and available in left- and right-hand versions, and the modern GSR which is two-sided.

This was what I was wondering yes because the filter hole appears to be only on one side but apparently you can pick which side.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah I'm talking about the GSR (which I have), didn't look at the pic tbh.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Rarity posted:

Livestream journo is an SWX fan, credibility ruined :negative:

As in Syndicate? No class there at all if so

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

This was what I was wondering yes because the filter hole appears to be only on one side but apparently you can pick which side.

I do wonder how you can sight down a rifle in the modern one (in the video keckse posted) because those filters look bulky as hell - even tilting your head at 45 degrees would surely leave it banging against the stock?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I do wonder how you can sight down a rifle in the modern one (in the video keckse posted) because those filters look bulky as hell - even tilting your head at 45 degrees would surely leave it banging against the stock?

It's fine, I've used it quite a bit on CQB ranges and had no problems. I find that dork extremely annoying.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

happyhippy posted:

Just showed a second burnt out cop car.
It was a car, not a van like the pic above.

This one?

https://twitter.com/AlAviram/status/1373752781102792706?s=19

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Yeah. There were also 3 guys on top of that Cheddar Express, gently caress knows doing what.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like that "kill the bill" is ambiguous as to whether it means the legislation or the police.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's not a real deadline, people can do it fir a few weeks yet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

I like that "kill the bill" is ambiguous as to whether it means the legislation or the police.

I've known about this protest all week and only spotted that this morning :cripes:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

OwlFancier posted:

:hmmyes:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Half expecting the livestreams to be long, lingering shots of the protesters' feet.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Filled in the feedback to tell them to gently caress right off for the sex question, in particular that there are only two options and you have to answer one of them to proceed.

Unless you live in Scotland, in which case the deadline is in a year.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Borrovan posted:

Yeah, but I like my cosmos clear

I have bad news for you about Dark Matter :science:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Endjinneer posted:

I can't find the photo now but the classic example of this was a police van that happened to be parked on the route of one of the large protests in London in the 00s or early 10s. It looked oddly vintage at the time- circular blue light on top, knackered LDV chassis, that sort of thing. It got trashed and there were plenty of photos of it on the front pages.
This one on fire in Brizzle looks like the sort of van the police would be sorry to lose.
Was that the one where someone photographed the van that got smashed up being transported on a flatbed earlier in the day, and the masked guy instigating wrecking it had suspiciously shiny police-style boots and what looked remarkably like an expandable baton in his outside coat pocket?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

If you happen to be at the Bristol protest, important information

https://twitter.com/GBCLegal/status/1373765243734753285?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/djbirkinshaw/status/1373745422376828933

https://twitter.com/ChowardReal/status/1373755747507568640

Rarity fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 21, 2021

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

OwlFancier posted:

they just really hate the TV show and haven't yet realised it ended in 2010

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Angepain posted:

they just really hate the TV show and haven't yet realised it ended in 2010

It’s the loving reruns.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/PaymanBenz/status/1373383904598450177?s=19

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Been out of the news so just learned about the happs in Bristol. Solidarity to those involved and hope you've dodged the filth.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Judging by the extremely poor mask discipline, there're gonna be some long stretches for this I imagine. If you're going to do naughty things where there are a lot of cameras (literally everywhere in Britain), where a mask people. I cannot stress this enough.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Really, if you're going to torch a police car, wear a balaklava and put a couple of pebbles in your shoes.
Possibly get some padding under your clothes as well

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I really don’t think the violence in Bristol has done any good. There was a lot of good PR with the BLM Colston statue toppling, but this is only going to be used against the left and protesting.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

willie_dee posted:

I really don’t think the violence in Bristol has done any good. There was a lot of good PR with the BLM Colston statue toppling, but this is only going to be used against the left and protesting.

TIBFJC

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

kingturnip posted:

Really, if you're going to torch a police car, wear a balaklava and put a couple of pebbles in your shoes.
Possibly get some padding under your clothes as well

Isn't there a less painful way of changing your gait than pebbles in shoes? Could you have a pair of trainers that you shave part of the heel off or wear odd shoes with different heel heights? Or maybe put a 'lift' in one shoe and not the other?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
solidarity with anyone lighting things on fire

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

willie_dee posted:

The government might use this but the point is that if this were to happen in every city in the U.K. over and over it could some other course. It’s not like there’s literally any other realistic prospect of the bill being voted down. If you make peaceful revolution impossible etc etc

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Jakabite posted:

The government might use this but the point is that if this were to happen in every city in the U.K. over and over it could some other course. It’s not like there’s literally any other realistic prospect of the bill being voted down. If you make peaceful revolution impossible etc etc

Good point. For a second I was being dumb and hoped that the shambolic handling of the vigil via the Met might have swayed people but, now that I’ve thought about it that’s really stupid and hopeful of me. I really need to stop being so generous to the British public and accept this is a large cursed island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

kecske posted:

I'm not implying anything, I'm pretty clearly saying that the state is not above abandoning a bait vehicle somewhere it's going to attract anger from a crowd so they can take pictures of the vandalised vehicle and plaster it across the news.

Why is this considered some form of conspiracy? Police don't pay for poo poo especially not patrol vehicles, of course it's a plant.