Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Data Graham posted:

Nobody ever has a past life who was not a famous person

Every single one of my past lives has been the guy that said “what’s the worst that could happen” right before it happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

c a i t not the idiot

https://twitter.com/kittynouveau/status/1373761489778118659?s=20

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tulalip Tulips posted:

The grandma who raised me was part of Sylvia Browne's church and so I got a past life reading an early teen. It was pretty unremarkable and I was never anyone famous, just died in a lot of plagues and one murder.

Probably the only realistic reading that piece of poo poo ever gave.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tulalip Tulips posted:

The grandma who raised me was part of Sylvia Browne's church and so I got a past life reading an early teen. It was pretty unremarkable and I was never anyone famous, just died in a lot of plagues and one murder.

I want one that's like, "oof bad run in the 11th century, only made it past 4 once."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I've been a butcher, I've been a baker, I have been a book-maker
I have skippered clipper ships and dug for undertakers
I have lived to be ninety-eight, I have died when I was four
I have lived through war and peace and war and war and war and war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7z1GcXE2J4

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

thanks i'm dead now

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wyzard Pisse

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
„Clawdia” sounds kinda cute though :3:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

goblin week posted:

„Clawdia” sounds kinda cute though :3:

Assuming you are naming a cat, sure.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

lol

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1373680644723765261

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Reaganbook 5.0 here we come

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Maybe he’s the one who owns trump.lol

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I can't wait for day one tickets to the Trumpkey House.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

I want one that's like, "oof bad run in the 11th century, only made it past 4 once."

John Finnemore did a sketch like that in his Souvenir Programme, but it's not online anywhere.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I feel like Naomi Wolf is not only low-hanging fruit but is pulling her branch down, but

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1373449256368009220

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Huffle

Puff

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Isnt Clawdia a monster high doll? Christ, I feel bad for these kids.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

For those out there wondering what this is about, here’s the commercial that started it: https://youtu.be/okgwOUryQmk

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Bismuth posted:

Isnt Clawdia a monster high doll? Christ, I feel bad for these kids.

According to google Clawdia is a werewolf girl in Monster High apparently. But the reason the OP picked it because Raven Clawdia sounds like Ravenclaw, which is a house in Harry Potter (along with Griffin Thor = Griffindor and Sylthia Wren = Slytherin). Raven and Griffin could both be sort of normal first names as long as no one knows their middle ones, but Sylthia is just nuts. I can only imagine what she turns Hufflepuff into.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Shoulda just gon with Sylvia Wren (shortened to Sylvie) and H.R. Pufflethuff.

theironjef has a new favorite as of 02:45 on Mar 22, 2021

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

theironjef posted:

Shoulda just gon with Sylvia Wren (shortened to Sylvie) and H.R. Pufflethuff.

Helpth you out when thingth get routh

...sometimes you learn that there's some very odd, very specific memories bouncing around the back of your brain.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

duffmensch posted:

For those out there wondering what this is about, here’s the commercial that started it: https://youtu.be/okgwOUryQmk

Always enjoy it when the context provides no real meaning behind the actions of insane people.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Soysaucebeast posted:

According to google Clawdia is a werewolf girl in Monster High apparently. But the reason the OP picked it because Raven Clawdia sounds like Ravenclaw, which is a house in Harry Potter (along with Griffin Thor = Griffindor and Sylthia Wren = Slytherin). Raven and Griffin could both be sort of normal first names as long as no one knows their middle ones, but Sylthia is just nuts. I can only imagine what she turns Hufflepuff into.

Yeah I get the names, they just suck poo poo, and its funny to me that she spelled it Clawdia (monster high doll) instead of the same-pronounced real name claudia

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

EL BROMANCE posted:

Always enjoy it when the context provides no real meaning behind the actions of insane people.

I think I’m actually more confused now.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

duffmensch posted:

To understand the complaint you have to compare that commercial with the ones she's done in the past. https://youtu.be/aII0Igbd3-k
Which doesn't clear things up at all! It's not like she used to do the commercials in a bikini or a mini-skirt.

Lot of thirsty boys in the "Lily from AT&T commercials" fandom.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I think I’m actually more confused now.

I guess the original issue was people publicly commenting on her body. And she did things like standing entirely behind that desk to reduce it?

Then she made a tweet about not liking those comments.

Then a bunch of twittersmen interpreted that as "negative comments" and responded very unhelpfully by calling her beautiful and similar.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
did she think she would be the first and only conventionally attractive woman on film that would be exempt from that treatment

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bismuth posted:

did she think she would be the first and only conventionally attractive woman on film that would be exempt from that treatment

Yeah it's her fault. Definitely.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Bismuth posted:

Nobody can ever complain about the way they're treated unless they're the very first person ever in history to be treated that way, got it :jerkbag:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

wow gently caress advertising but especially at&t advertising, what the gently caress was that goddamn poo poo

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Vile posted:

I have never heard of anything like this happening, even the nastiest of persecutors are a defence mechanism trying to protect the system in their own weird way. In any case, alters can't "die", but trauma involving fear of death or near death experiences sometimes result in alters that think they're dead.

That'd be an interesting development, a DID identity with Cotard's syndrome.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bismuth posted:

Source your quotes pls

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Nobody can ever complain about the way they're treated unless they're the very first person ever in history to be treated that way, got it :jerkbag:

I dont think its her fault or that its not ok to complain but it seems a little odd to act surprised and then change up everything like it was an unexpected result. Human beings, especially cishet men given online anonymity, usually act lovely and should be called out on it, but like, idk, seems weird to be like "gosh how'd that happen". Anyone whos a minority/marginalized (i am counting women due to...everything) and has been online since the internet was invented should be ready to brace themselves for the flood of bullshit

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Bismuth posted:

I dont think its her fault or that its not ok to complain but it seems a little odd to act surprised and then change up everything like it was an unexpected result. Human beings, especially cishet men given online anonymity, usually act lovely and should be called out on it, but like, idk, seems weird to be like "gosh how'd that happen". Anyone whos a minority/marginalized (i am counting women due to...everything) and has been online since the internet was invented should be ready to brace themselves for the flood of bullshit
hi maybe you should shut up and go away

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

READ A DIFFERENT BOOK/WATCH A DIFFERENT MOVIE, JESUS loving CHRIST :argh:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Bismuth posted:

Look, it seems like you're seriously arguing that because she had the temerity to not appear solely from the neck up, she was asking for it. I'm begging you to rethink this poo poo.

e: I don't know where you got "gosh how'd that happen" from. She's saying "the reason my commercials are filmed from the waist up now is because you couldn't stop being toddlers about it in the comments, and I'm telling you that so you stop having temper tantrums". It's a perfectly reasonable thing to say. You're being super weird about it.

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 04:22 on Mar 22, 2021

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Bismuth posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Bismuth posted:

She didn't seem surprised to me. It read much more like she got tired enough of the continuous unwelcome attention to make a change to try to reduce it, which was met of course with dismay and protest from the people providing the attention. She is clarifying that this was her own choice, made because of the, as you put it, flood of bullshit.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Look, it seems like you're seriously arguing that because she had the temerity to not appear solely from the neck up, she was asking for it. I'm begging you to rethink this poo poo.

Im literally not saying that, i'm not saying she should appear in a way shes uncomfortable with or that she is wrong in any way, i'm just surprised that it seems like she didnt see this coming.

I'm a woman thats been online since I was 12, i know what its like, I'm saying being surprised at men being gross online is like being surprised someone wearing a nazi uniform has racist opinions. All of them should be ashamed of themselves and possibly punched in the teeth, but its never a surprise. The fact is that even if it was just her voice appearing men online would be weird about it, they get weird about everything they can even vaguely interpret as female.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

She didn't seem surprised to me. It read much more like she got tired enough of the continuous unwelcome attention to make a change to try to reduce it, which was met of course with dismay and protest from the people providing the attention. She is clarifying that this was her own choice, made because of the, as you put it, flood of bullshit.

I interpreted it as surprise but it might not be, I dont think she could have been any less provocative in her original appearance or the new one, but I worry it might draw even more attention to her now from people who werent even thirsting before but will be lovely now just to stick it to her, because people online are lovely like that, especially the "own the libs/feminists" types

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sure, it could definitely do that, that is a valid concern. I just don't see the surprise that you do and that surprise seemed to be a lot of your frustration :shobon: