Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
undertale. not very fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

fadam posted:

I thought Yusuke was the best by a lot just because with a crit accessory and buffs he breaks resist shields insanely fast for basically no resources. I kept him in and just rotated people in and out to keep them leveled but I thought the final character you get, Yusuke and Ryuji were easily the most fun to play as. My only real complaint about the game (other than the story being kind of boring) is that a lot of the characters just feel kind of weak, and when the roster is so small that kind of hurts.

150 hours is three times as long as it took me but I didn't do the grinding to get my bond up to 99 lol. I also wasn't taming a nihongo or whatever. Congrats again!

The character names are the same, but I cant help but feel that we are talking about completely different games for some reason.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

6) La-Mulana 2 (Hard Mode, 100%)

I can't say it's flawless, but drat it if doesn't have every single thing I want in a 2D game. Perfect soundtrack, amazing exploration and puzzles, and tough as nails bosses and mini-bosses. Hard mode really ramps up the bosses and mini-bosses, they all get new patterns and smaller windows to hit them. I already miss it and I finished it 5 minutes ago. One of the GOATs. What I wouldn't give for more games like this.

Now I have every achievement in the game except for beating all of the bosses on hard mode without subweapons...Gotta get that one next time.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The character names are the same, but I cant help but feel that we are talking about completely different games for some reason.

Lol because I’m a brainlet and misread Royale as Strikers.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I can't say it's flawless, but drat it if doesn't have every single thing I want in a 2D game. Perfect soundtrack, amazing exploration and puzzles, and tough as nails bosses and mini-bosses. Hard mode really ramps up the bosses and mini-bosses, they all get new patterns and smaller windows to hit them. I already miss it and I finished it 5 minutes ago. One of the GOATs. What I wouldn't give for more games like this.

Now I have every achievement in the game except for beating all of the bosses on hard mode without subweapons...Gotta get that one next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vKOhtHCgTQ

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Baxate posted:

Crosscode

I liked this game a lot starting out, but it was too drat long and the dungeons were a drag. This game took me 34 hours to beat. Overall very nice though.

The stuff outside the dungeons is paced very well and advances the story. Then they throw you in a dungeon and it just goes on forever and every room has a long rear end puzzle you have to do and there’s like a million rooms

The dungeons kick rear end and the puzzles were cool

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

The dungeons kick rear end and the puzzles were cool

this

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Definitely try a randomizer run its perfect for this game.

https://github.com/Coookie93/LaMulana2Randomizer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. SaGa Scarlet Grace: AMBITIONS (Urpina playthrough). I thought I finished the game halfway through but then you just have to wander around the map multiple times collecting Shards and dispelling rumors until eventually you stumble into the final boss. Absolutely baffling game narratively but the combat system and regional stories were so cool I never minded. Only annoying thing is that by the last third your blacksmith is maxed out and you have all the gear you'll ever need so the difficulty doesn't really change much. But also at that point the world map starts filling up with bonus bosses to battle (I collected Quintshards for beating them, no clue what they do).

Looking online for info finally I probably saw like 20% of what's in this game and there are 4 playable characters to start with and a fuckload of missable characters to recruit and Events to find. Might start a NG+ file to see what it's like! Highly recommended for anybody looking for a deece switch JRPG.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

quote:

1. amid evil
2. links awakening remake
3. deus ex human revolution
4. castlevania 1
5. castlevania 2: simon's quest
6. castlevania 3: dracula's curse

the first half of the game is pretty much perfect, solid difficulty and cool selectable characters (i went grant/alucard). the last half gets pretty nuts with the difficulty, especially when its the block stacking zones or the final fight with dracula. if you lose during dracula you're sent back to the middle of the stage which is pretty terrible. apparently the japanese version put you at the boss, so in solidarity with my japanese brothers i put a savestate there. still hands down the most fun classic castlevania game. very excited for castlavania 4 and rondo, never played either of them.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fartlancer posted:

Definitely try a randomizer run its perfect for this game.

https://github.com/Coookie93/LaMulana2Randomizer

Lol I downloaded it at 3am last night and started one. I got a lot of great stuff in the village but my first area was the hall of malice which I don't think I can escape from due to the corridor of blood starting vertical there

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 22, 2021

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

the first half of the game is pretty much perfect, solid difficulty and cool selectable characters (i went grant/alucard). the last half gets pretty nuts with the difficulty, especially when its the block stacking zones or the final fight with dracula. if you lose during dracula you're sent back to the middle of the stage which is pretty terrible. apparently the japanese version put you at the boss, so in solidarity with my japanese brothers i put a savestate there. still hands down the most fun classic castlevania game. very excited for castlavania 4 and rondo, never played either of them.

I never pick alucard because he sucks and his routes stages are all terrible EXPECIALLY the falling block stage

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No, my first name ain’t baby, it’s Janet... miss Jackson if you’re Grant DaNasty

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

I never pick alucard because he sucks and his routes stages are all terrible EXPECIALLY the falling block stage

I was trying to play with just trevor once and picked alucard. Big mistake

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Lucky mofo. Castlevania 4 is the poo poo. OST rules

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

American McGay posted:

interesting theory.. not sure if thats canon though. i think alucard is actually dracula’s son

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

What about Dr. Acula?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Holy mother of god.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

But enough talk.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A Short Hike

It was nice.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Demon’s Souls. Kick rear end remake and now I can finally say I’ve beaten every Souls game lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

American McGay posted:

I don’t think that’s true

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its bracula

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

How does Genya Arikado figure into all this.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

EmmyOk posted:

I don’t think that’s true
Think again

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
hades, for real this time

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

9. Maldita Castilla EX - 1cc good ending

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
thats the one by locomalito right

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ArfJason posted:

thats the one by locomalito right

yeah

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Demon’s Souls. Kick rear end remake and now I can finally say I’ve beaten every Souls game lol

:golfclap: well done gamer.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hypnospace Outlaw

That was really cool

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Ultimate Doom (PC) Ultra Violence - I think I'll play Doom II before Thy Flesh Consumed

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sherlock holmes: crimes and punishments. i found every clue, solved every case correctly and finished with a neutral personality ranking. looks like ill never be qualified to be a mod on this site

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

Ultimate Doom (PC) Ultra Violence - I think I'll play Doom II before Thy Flesh Consumed

Watch out for the traps in tricks and traps

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2 - Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op
7. Persona 5 Strikers (IMP ZONE PIONEER)
8. Halo ODST - Legendary Co-Op
9. Bravely Default 2 - True Ending (IMP ZONE PIONEER)
10. Super Mario™ 3D World - Co-Op

Really fun game. Conkdorr is one of the greatest enemy designs of all time.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

quote:

1. amid evil
2. links awakening remake
3. deus ex human revolution
4. castlevania 1
5. castlevania 2: simon's quest
7. super castlevania 4
8. castlevania: rondo of blood

first time playing either of them.
castlevania 4 loving rules, 10/10 game, the best classic castlevania ever. rondo of blood was great but losing the directional whip feels like a huge step backwards. rondo leading into sotn is really cool, and it having multi-stage pathing like 3 was a great return to form after the linear castlevania 4. castlevania 4 though....

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

castlevania 4 is only better if youre a noob

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I liked 4 better and, before you try to call me a noob, keep in mind i have beaten Dark Souls--the hardest game of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Frenz posted:

I liked 4 better and, before you try to call me a noob, keep in mind i have beaten Dark Souls--the hardest game of all time.

i think you might be mistaken, dark souls is famously easy