Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
good thing I decided to do my MGS playthroughs now

that's a LOT of games that are going away holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I said come in! posted:

You still have time to buy stuff. I guess i'm gonna be going through PS3 PSN this week and finding stuff that I maybe wanted to buy but never got around to. I guess as long as we still have access to downloading what we own, but this is Sony, so i'm gonna be sure to download everything I might want to keep.

There's about 5 years worth of games, most of which I don't even own yet. I'm not buying all that DLC in one go

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tomorrow is the open beta test for Magic the Gathering: Legends, it's a new action MMORPG by Cryptic (Star Trek Online, Neverwinter). I am looking forward to playing this, but I have low hopes that it'll actually be good. I did really enjoy STO, and Neverwinter though, and Cryptic MMORPGs are fun to get in on at launch, and tend to be really good at retaining their communities. Both of those MMOs have large playerbases on PC.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I never dig deep into Neverwinter but the STO has a deep and abiding love for the franchise and the game really does right by Star Trek, as much as an MMO can. I don't think MtG has the same weight since it's not a singular setting but I think so long as they scope properly this can be a solid venture that still retains the texture of things like the colors identities.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

Tomorrow is the open beta test for Magic the Gathering: Legends, it's a new action MMORPG by Cryptic (Star Trek Online, Neverwinter). I am looking forward to playing this, but I have low hopes that it'll actually be good. I did really enjoy STO, and Neverwinter though, and Cryptic MMORPGs are fun to get in on at launch, and tend to be really good at retaining their communities. Both of those MMOs have large playerbases on PC.

Oh I guess I should check this out!

One of my "dream games" has always been a Ravnica game that was basically Yakuza except instead of beat em up fighting you did MTG matches

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Holy poo poo, I'm so out of shape that walking the perimeter of a junior league baseball field hurts my knees. I really need to lose weight.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

I said come in! posted:

At least finally throw gamers a bone and make PS3 games backwards compatible on PS5.
What good is that going to do without a store to get the games from

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I remember physical Vita cartridges barely taking up space at retail when the thing was still alive and being advertised, and then basically gone in the latter half of the previous decade.

I can't imagine how rare certain ones are going to get now more than they already might be in general.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 23, 2021

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh I guess I should check this out!

One of my "dream games" has always been a Ravnica game that was basically Yakuza except instead of beat em up fighting you did MTG matches

Same, but Yu-Gi-Oh

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Volte posted:

What good is that going to do without a store to get the games from

There's no reason to not transfer all of this over to PS4 PSN.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
We will soon live in a world where there's no way to properly train our children in the ways of catching apes who have escaped.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Maybe Asobi gets handed the Ape Escape license, Astro Bot has a similar "feel"

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Walla posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm so out of shape that walking the perimeter of a junior league baseball field hurts my knees. I really need to lose weight.

Swimming is great exercise without putting strain on your knees, if that is an option for you.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I haven't gone swimming in almost two years now...

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Swimming is great exercise without putting strain on your knees, if that is an option for you.

Unfortunately not. Even if I could afford a membership everything is closed until May. Also covid

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
this is the games forum, get a copy of ring fit

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

this is the games forum, get a copy of ring fit

As someone with an undiagnosed case of 'gammy knee' do not get Ring Fit if you have gammy knees. It hurts.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah, from folks who sound like they know better, the knee stuff in the game around squats is not what trainers would advise in real life, since the position the game models for you puts too much stress on the knees as opposed to just doing the full squat which the folks recommend.

This should not scare anyone away from it, you can just do it with the different form or even disable that stuff entirely and it's a great overall package

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
What are the best PS3 download only exclusives?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think I have a bunch of PS1 and PS2 games on PS3 I never downloaded so uh, I better get on that

Or just emulate them I guess, console storefronts feeling more and more like a scam

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ymgve posted:

Tokyo Jungle

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

stev posted:

As someone with an undiagnosed case of 'gammy knee' do not get Ring Fit if you have gammy knees. It hurts.

It's got really great accessibility options, you can just turn off any exercises that don't work for you!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ymgve posted:

I am going to instead list games that are PS3 exclusive, these probably have disc versions, but in some cases these disc versions are actually more expensive now.

Original Demon's Souls
Tokyo Jungle
Gran Turismo 6
Tales of Graces f
White Knight Chronicles 2 (this one is disc only)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Afrika (Disc only)
Remember Me
Red Dead Redemption
God of War 1 & 2 HD / God of War Collection (I think only God of War 3 made it to PS4?)
God of War Ascension
SoulCalibur V
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
Suikodan 1 - 3
Digital Devil Saga 1 - 2
All of the PS1 & PS2 games that were ported to PS3 digitally

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The playstation store website is really weird now, there used to be screenshots/videos of every game but when the PS5 came out they went back and removed them all so now all you get is the name of the game and a description

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hmm if they are turning MTG into an ARPG-ish thing though, that potentially seems less satisfying because that will foreground creatures and damage spells as opposed to all the actual cool stuff you can do in MTG

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

ymgve posted:

I've found the following lists.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/6ym1li/ps3_exclusivesnonpc_multiplatform_games_list/ This one is really nice, it breaks out retail exclusives, psn exclusives, and multi-plat games that aren't technically exclusive but haven't been ported forward (Think MGS HD collection, which was also released on xbox).

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/wiki/vitaexclusives Similar but for Vita. This one is a little out of date I think, it refers to DanganRonpa 1 and 2 as vita exclusives.

The hard part is going to be figuring out what DLC to get before the store dies. Lot of free DLC out there the game makers expect you to have.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also add to the list Heavenly Sword

I said come in! posted:

Remember Me
Red Dead Redemption

These were multiplatform

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Journey was a PS3 thing, right?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Journey is on PS4 and PC now

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Thanks for the list. Remember Me is on other platforms, including PC, and RDR1 is on Xbox too (and with BC, even playable on X Series iirc)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Exercise in the home?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Counting calories is more important than an excersize regime in weight loss especially for someone overweight.

Calculate your total daily energy expenditure using a tdee calculator, and then start counting calories using myfitnesspal or chronomètre.

After that with knee problems you should probably restrict your cardio to walking, grab a pedometer and set your goal for something marginally difficult like 20,000 steps or so. Don't run running will destroy your knees, but you do need to move not using them will make the problem worse

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

I said come in! posted:

What's the gameplay like? Bog standard MMO stuff? Would be neat if they just went bugshit nuts with the idea it's M:tG and made the gameplay somehow partially card based.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve been trying to remember, some racing game or such that had a course wherein you go through a tunnel and the time of day changes, like maybe sunset to nighttime

Help

Might’ve been a snowboarding game?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rarity posted:

Eating meat is somehow a big political thing for toxic masculinity groups (see Jordan Peterson's raw meat diet, soyboy insults and the idea being vegan gives you estrogen)

It's becuase of those liberals that want people to stop eating meat and make us eat BUGS, with their lies of global warming.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Obligatum VII posted:

What's the gameplay like? Bog standard MMO stuff? Would be neat if they just went bugshit nuts with the idea it's M:tG and made the gameplay somehow partially card based.

I am watching someone stream it right now and it looks like a diablo clone where you draw random abilities for your buttons

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Counting calories is more important than an excersize regime in weight loss especially for someone overweight.

Really, you don't even have to go that big to start out with. I started losing weight just by cutting out excess: no extra sugar at all, no butter on bread or oil in pasta, and a hard limit on fruits like bananas and apples in a day. It might not seem like a lot, but even just cutting back a tablespoon of butter and a single apple a day - around 150 calories - can be the difference between you going nowhere and you losing a pound or two.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, you set a deck of 12 spells and have access to 4 of them at a time, as you use spells you'll draw a new spell in that slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am watching someone stream it right now and it looks like a diablo clone where you draw random abilities for your buttons

Ah, so more of a diablo style "mmo", eg. lobby based co-op? If the abilities are deck and card draw based, that could actually be fun to mess around in.