Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

eddie royal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I hate to cause a scene here but:

Frostee Rucker

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Leon Washington

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Ashley Lelie

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rocket Ismail

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Tom Coughlin was probably never as mad at anyone in his life as he was at the poor rookie punter from the Jackson TD return.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Honestly can't believe that DeSean jackson is still around. Dude is a WR AND DRAFTED IN 2008

2008 lmao what simple times

Oh, 2008. Candidate Obama had us all energized about hope and change, the economy began to burn down, Sarah Palin was a thing for a moment, No Country for Old Men won Best Picture, Hurricane Hanna hit, the 10-6 Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl ... what children we were back then.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Man, other people can probably hear 2008 without having their first reaction be sheer cliff faces of pure salt at how transparently they were lied to about a politician's platform huh?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

This is the free agency thread

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I’ve watched this like 15 times :allears:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Tom Coughlin was probably never as mad at anyone in his life as he was at the poor rookie punter from the Jackson TD return.

Matt Dodge :argh:

On the other hand, there were multiple times that year where Giants fans were chanting “We want Feagles!” and it was great.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BrownThunder posted:

:hai:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1373968710180954116?s=20

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Randy Bullock made a goodby post for Cincinnati. The majority of Bengals fans have been begging to get rid of him for years. Definitely not going anywhere near any sort of comment section on that.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

BrownThunder posted:

Yeah and therefore it's perfect for discussing the transformational figure who came on the scene that year and seemed like he'd finally take his cause back to the promised land, only to disappear from influence as if he'd never existed.

I'm speaking of course of Jamaal Charles.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

On the downside and injured is how the Ravens like their WRs.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1374062067297128450

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

On the downside and injured is how the Ravens like their WRs.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1374062067297128450

I was surprised to learn that Sammy was only 27. But frequently injured, yes.

Don't care, go get him EDC

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

I was surprised to learn that Sammy was only 27. But frequently injured, yes.

Don't care, go get him EDC

If you want a reason to hope there are stats out there I'm too lazy to look up that show the Chiefs were way better when he was able to play.

Bad news is that was mainly because he allowed the actual production guys to get open easier, so maybe if you're all in on Hollywood and Mark Andrews that works out if he can stay healthy? I mean he won't do that last part, but if you wanted to dream.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I heard a rumor that Watkins has so many recurring foot injuries because he runs on the sides of his feet kinda, which also maybe explains his great agility or something. Anyways thanks for the awesome 2019 playoff catches, otherwise wish Veach would have sprung for Allen Rob in that FA WR class from a few years ago

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

If you want a reason to hope there are stats out there I'm too lazy to look up that show the Chiefs were way better when he was able to play.

Bad news is that was mainly because he allowed the actual production guys to get open easier, so maybe if you're all in on Hollywood and Mark Andrews that works out if he can stay healthy? I mean he won't do that last part, but if you wanted to dream.

Sounds good to me.

Watkins' best season was with Greg Roman in Buffalo. No reason to expect that kind of production again but hey. Also he knows Keith Williams, who just joined the Ravens' coaching staff this offseason, from KC.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Mark Andrews is really good when he gets open and garbage in any kind of traffic so if it keeps guys off him great. Hollywood strikes me as the kind of guy who is a star #2 wideout but not a great #1 so it would help there too. We desperately need someone.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
what the hell is going on with the tackles from KC? seems like they should be at least drawing interest from needy teams but there doesn't seem to have been a peep about them since their release?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

zimbomonkey posted:

what the hell is going on with the tackles from KC? seems like they should be at least drawing interest from needy teams but there doesn't seem to have been a peep about them since their release?

Eric fisher just tore his achilles and Mitchell Schwartz had an exploded back that might force him to retire

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yah Fisher will probably play next-to-next season but he's spending all 2021 repairing his Achilles

Schwartz has chronic back issues (designated day-to-day with back injury for most of last season) which for an old big guy is a death knell. Dontari Poe another big guy who had back issues pop up and never was the same, despite being young

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The downside for Sammy Watkins is that he’s really really crazy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That’s the upside

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Mark Andrews is really good when he gets open and garbage in any kind of traffic so if it keeps guys off him great. Hollywood strikes me as the kind of guy who is a star #2 wideout but not a great #1 so it would help there too. We desperately need someone.

I really can’t believe Hollywood didn’t do better last season, the talent is so obviously there

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The idea of playing an NFL line position with a lingering back injury...

I'm picturing just a popcorn bowl full of toradol.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I really can’t believe Hollywood didn’t do better last season, the talent is so obviously there

The Ravens do not develop drafted receivers well. This has been a problem since they came to Baltimore. In 25 years our best drafted wideout has been Torrey Smith.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1374090763219394568

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

ASAPRockySituation posted:

He was phenomenal the last 6 or so games of the year. There was just a middle part of the season where he had the yips and dropped a ton of passes. Plus he and Andrews are the only players worth defending in our passing attack so they're often facing doubles. There's also the fact that Jackson's deepball is still mediocre and that's where Hollywood is at his best.

If Watkins still has reliable hands and can act as a realistic 3rd option and chainmover he'd be a terrific addition to the offense.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So uh...did the Browns do anything?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gatts posted:

Takk McKinley: 1 year
John Johnson III: A Rams safety I'm told is good. 3 years
Troy Hill: Another Rams DB that plays nickle. 4 years
Anthony Walker: LB 1 year
Malcolm Smith: resigned 1 year
Mailk Jackson: DT from the Eagles. 1 year
Higgins: resigned 1 year

PFF loves that we got those Rams DB's so the fanbase is declaring victory and the nerds geniuses for leaving massive holes on the defensive line while our system requires and elite front.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bengals resigned chronically underappreciated punter Kevin Huber. It's a one year deal but dude's 35.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Gatts posted:

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1374097134333595655?s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Huh

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1374121295206608901?s=19

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Bengals resigned chronically underappreciated punter Kevin Huber. It's a one year deal but dude's 35.

Hes a punter though. Punters age like wine.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Sammy Watkins visiting the Colts on Wednesday, after his Baltimore visit

I would rather spend the money on bringing TY back, honestly

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ShakeZula posted:

Sammy Watkins visiting the Colts on Wednesday, after his Baltimore visit

I would rather spend the money on bringing TY back, honestly

Yeah Watkins over TY seems like super big brain.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That seems like an overpay on Jackson. He was just cut for making $10m per. They could have flipped a late 7th for him and gotten him on a way more team friendly deal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

That seems like an overpay on Jackson. He was just cut for making $10m per. They could have flipped a late 7th for him and gotten him on a way more team friendly deal.

The reason that Gettlemen rules is that he's not like Macc level completely incompetent but he's very very bad and also you can squint at him VERY hard and still keep him if you're a John Mora level failson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Is he worth that much? I thought he wasn't that good a DB.