Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Did anyone want to do a team for this? Or have one started? https://fantasy.formula1.com/

I don’t mind setting it up if we want a team for the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s funny because if he’d watched the show he’d know Netflix don’t need to make poo poo up when you got batshit insane team principals knocking about.

loving lol that Toto allowed them to use that footage of himself working out with no commentary or context, but only 0.5 seconds of Russell.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

It’s funny because if he’d watched the show he’d know Netflix don’t need to make poo poo up when you got batshit insane team principals knocking about.

loving lol that Toto allowed them to use that footage of himself working out with no commentary or context, but only 0.5 seconds of Russell.

I watched the first two seasons and the first three episodes of this one. They make up a lot of poo poo. But you're right that they don't need to and it's weird that they don't just tell the already ridiculous true stories.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

your friend wicka posted:

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is just more crap Netflix made up. I'm actually a rude dude with a bad 'tude.

But my Access database says the opposite?? This is devastating.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Wicka's avtext made me look up Huski Chocolate (amongst the top results on Google: "Is Huski chocolate legit?"), and lol at McLaren's utterly :geno: bare-minimum corporate boilerplate at having them as a sponsor.

McLaren posted:

We're pleased to have Huski Chocolate on-board with our team
Couldn't even stretch to a full stop.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

interesting fact, the will buxton commentary isn't even fake he's just so bad at it that he's yelling about the backmarkers overtaking each other while upfront cars explode into walls.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Yeah this is definitely true, not feeling good about his prospects.

Mick already hit the upper limit of his career on merit in gp2 so adding a Ralf Schumacher like f1 career on top is about as much as he could ever hope for

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Mick is gonna own.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

learnincurve posted:

lol that he allowed the shot of his face in his spotter's crotch but not any talk of Russell showing the W11 to be an automatic podium unless you're valtteri bottas

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

lol that he allowed the shot of his face in his spotter's crotch but not any talk of Russell showing the W11 to be an automatic podium unless you're valtteri bottas

the logical conclusion is he wants us to see him with his face in a crotch

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ArmZ posted:

the logical conclusion is he wants us to see him with his face in a crotch

power move imo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Why do you think they went with face shields rather than masks for so long

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Pragmatica posted:

Did anyone want to do a team for this? Or have one started? https://fantasy.formula1.com/

Did you start this? I'm interested in joining. We're running one also in the sim racing Bearpope discord (see the PC Sim racing thread in games).

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I’m also doing the Bearpope one, but if there was enough interest, I would do one here as well.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I wonder what the last real "1.5 car team" was. Not in the A-B driver sense, but in the "one car is a real actually good car and one is built out of a three year old chassis and electrical tape and also Corrado Fabi and Philippe Steriff are inexplicably in it for like two races"

To Answer this - probably Ligier between 1995-1997, although in ‘96-‘97 it was exacerbated by both Diniz and Nakano being lousy.

Briatore/Walkinshaw and even Prost clearly did not give a poo poo about the second entry.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Pragmatica posted:

Do it!

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Like Nakano was pretty bad, yes, but you also have to take into account that Prost seemed irritated and pissed off with Nakano the entire time and likely gave him substandard equipment.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
ferrari are loving with my friend carlos putting unproven mick in the hass seat

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Pragmatica posted:

I’m also doing the Bearpope one, but if there was enough interest, I would do one here as well.

that is the most cr ingeworthy name, so obviously it must be some sort of loving goon thing

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
bearpope you have my golden manbabies goon sire

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
also i've started writing an op for the season

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Pragmatica posted:

Is there a goon-league of some kind?

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Fwiw, I’m not running the Bearpope one. I got a couple people PMing me about that. Sorry for my confusing statement. I meant I was participating in that one (see the iRacing thread and talk to them about it) but willing to run the F1 thread league. :)

I’ll make a league after work and post the join code.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
bearpope is epic bacon goonsiore :awesomeface::razz:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Pragmatica posted:

Fwiw, I’m not running the Bearpope one. I got a couple people PMing me about that. Sorry for my confusing statement. I meant I was participating in that one but willing to run the F1 thread league. :)

I KNOW IM JUST MAKING FUN OF THE STUPIF NAME DAD

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
OKAY BUT I ALSO GOT A LOT OF PRIVATE MESAAGES ABOUT IT OMG OKAH

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The new thread is going to be the 2021 Drive to survive pre-season thread

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Pragmatica posted:

Thanks!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I will be watching MotoGP this weekend.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Watching the replay of Monza and lol at all the Sky commentators taking forever to realise that the reason nobody was pitting (except Lewis) was for a reason other than nobody felt like it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Putting the wall loon in walloon

Carrier
May 12, 2009

track day bro! posted:

also i've started writing an op for the season

thank u

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fumF1qDiIWg

gently caress yeah

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

If this isn't the new thread title I'm gonna be pretty upset. New thread needs to be up soon for toxx predictions.

I suck at remembering to do fantasy stuff, I always go hard for a week and then forget.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Haas bending over to take Russian money is commentary that is way too on the nose.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

The new thread is going to be the 2021 Drive to survive pre-season thread

how many minutes will ferrari let them film this season? im going with 69

also silvia hoffer was the best part of this season

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 22, 2021

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

how many minutes will ferrari let them film this season? im going with 69

also silvia hoffer was the best part of this season

"I think this is too funny, you can't say this" - Ferrari press guy

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
:siren:

"SA F1 Worst Thread" Fantasy League is live, head to https://fantasy.formula1.com/ , make a team, and click "Join with a Code" on the league tab, code: 4b03cb4f92

I will come up with some sort of prize for winners!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
267 new posts, please tell me somebody did a bad thing and this isn't all nitflux chat because the tviv sucks loving rear end more than this thread