Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Double checking, but if Splinter moves to F2 will elite 9 step on the trap to attack her?
Not that I think it's a good idea, just asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Omobono posted:

Double checking, but if Splinter moves to F2 will elite 9 step on the trap to attack her?
Not that I think it's a good idea, just asking.
No, the only time a monster will step onto a trap is if any other path (given infinite movement) is blocked.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
well, it looks like nobody's getting attacked this round at least. Splinter should step with Dark Frenzy BOT and then DF's attack can go on Elite 3.

The question then is whether to
- step to G2, in which case Mass Hysteria hits elites 9 and 3 and splinter takes no attacks, or
- step to H2 and have Mass Hysteria hit E3 as well as 4 and 10 and splinter takes one attack from E3
- step to F2 and hit 4 of E3, E6, E9, 4, and 10 and splinter takes one attack from E3

I'm leaning toward moving to G2 and only hitting the 2 elites.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

G2 still gets attacked by Elite 3, they move 2 this round.

Given this, I'd mode to F2 and target as many skellies as possible, Splinter's modifier deck is stacked. Focus fire 3 with dark frenzy and mass hysteria; 4, 9 and 6 as additional targets.

Short rest immediately after our action, protect nothing, we may need cards in hand to lose to damage.

Anyways, Boris should be killing 5 and 1, if not this round then next one.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Omobono posted:

G2 still gets attacked by Elite 3, they move 2 this round.

Given this, I'd mode to F2 and target as many skellies as possible, Splinter's modifier deck is stacked. Focus fire 3 with dark frenzy and mass hysteria; 4, 9 and 6 as additional targets.

Short rest immediately after our action, protect nothing, we may need cards in hand to lose to damage.

Yeah, Splinter is gonna take a hit from E3 if she wants to hit enemies herself. She'd be putting 4 damage before shield on #3, I doubt that'll be enough to kill her even with good pulls from her deck, but she can probably injure it enough to kill next turn.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

If splinter moves closer to hit more, will that pull skels 4 and 10 up since we'll be equidistant with the pet but moving faster? And do we want that or do we only want the two elites? Lina may be effectively out two turns since she will need to recover cards next time.

An attack 1 also isn't very reliable given their shields, and healing this turn, but maybe we do want to split the crowd a bit.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Boris wants to pop skeleton 5 with the doom and the big attack and hope for a +1 roll. even if it lives it will still be vulnerable next turn to a fast attack to pop the doom and blow up skeleton 1, then one more down to get to 10.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I vote move to E2 with dark frenzy bottom, shooting #3, then use the top of the other card to plink 3 and 9, muddling them. 3 will get a hit in on us, 9 will move up a bit, 6 and 8 will be stuck towards the middle, and the normal skeleton pileup will continue thanks to stuns and low movement.

If we go to F2 instead, 4 and 10 should move up a spot towards us which we don't need yet when we can keep them where they are this turn.

We can't quick rest until after 3 hits us so we may as well wait and decide whether to quick or long rest and what to protect if anything after the rest of the turn plays out. Hopefully it won't pull a +2/x2 with the muddle.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 22, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Sorry guys but I need to bow out of the last couple turns. IRL stuff happened. Orders already in for next turn, can goonmind do rest?

Slaan fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 23, 2021

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Slaan posted:

Sorry guys but I need to bow out of the last couple turns. IRL stuff happened. Orders already in for next turn, can goonmind do rest?

I'm sure we can (our however else TIG wants to handle it). Stay safe if you can, Slaan.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Slaan posted:

Take care Slaan! We can finish this with the Goonmind controlling Splinter and Lina. Fitting, as they'll both retire after this, if we win :)

Actually before we proceed, I'm not sure which way to go with Splinter, since there is a three way split: Move to E2, F2 or G2?

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

E2 was the most recently given option, let's go with that. keeps the normal skeletons in the big room, and #4 isn't so damaged that it's likely to be one of the ten prioritized for death.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:agreed: E2, let's keep the heat on Boris and the summons.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Pit of Souls, Round 7B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

10. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Dark Frenzy (bot)! Moves2 to E2. Attacks Living Bones 3(E) for 4 (3base, +1rolling, +2ICEmod, SHIELD2) damage! Gains 1XP.
Living Bones 3(E) is at 4 HP
- Master Splinter uses Mass Hysteria (top)! Attacks Living Bones 3(E) for 1 (1base, +2ICEmod, SHIELD2) damage! Attacks Living Bones 9(E) for 0 (1base, x2BLESSmod, SHIELD2) damage! Attacks Living Bones 6(E) for 0 (1base, +1rolling, NULLmod, SHIELD2) damage! Gains 1XP.
Living Bones 3(E) is at 3 HP and is MUDDLED!
Living Bones 9(E) is at 11 HP and is MUDDLED!
Living Bones 6(E) is at 11 HP and is MUDDLED!
ICE is now strong.

10. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Boris uses Detonation (bot) targeting Living Bones 5! Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - When this enemy dies, all enemies adjacent to the hex in which it died suffer 3 Damage - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.
- Boris uses Press the Attack (top)! Attacks Living Bones 5 with ADVANTAGE for 4 (5base, rolling ADD TARGET,+1/x2mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Living Bones 5 is killed!.
Detonation triggers! Living Bones 1, 2, 4, 7 suffer 3 damage! Detonation is discarded.
Living Bones 1 is killed!
Living Bones 2 is at 6 HP.
Living Bones 4 is at 4 HP.
Living Bones 7 is at 3 HP and is STUNNED!
Add Target - Attacks Living Bones 4 for 2 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Living Bones 4 is at 2 HP.

We are seeing for the first time the "Player decide which they prefer" Advantage system - in this case, "+Target +1" is preferable to "x2" so we're picking that.

20. Living Bones posted:

- Living Bones 3(E) focuses Master Splinter! Moves2 to F2. Attacks Master Splinter with DISADVANTAGE for 4 (4base, +0/+1mod) damage. HEAL2, Self! Loses MUDDLED token.
Master Splinter is at 2 HP.
Living Bones 3(E) is at 5 HP.
- Living Bones 6(E) focuses Master Splinter! Moves2 to X. Loses MUDDLED token.
- Living Bones 8(E) focuses Master Splinter! Moves1 to B1. HEAL2, Self!
Living Bones 8(E) is at 11 HP.
- Living Bones 9(E) focuses Master Splinter! Moves2 to Y. Loses MUDDLED token.
- Living Bones 2 focuses Burning Avatar! Moves1 to H2. HEAL2, Self!
Living Bones 2 is at 8 HP.
- Living Bones 4 focuses Burning Avatar! HEAL2, Self!
Living Bones 2 is at 4 HP.
- Living Bones 7 loses STUNNED token.
- Living Bones 10 focuses Burning Avatar! Moves1 to J2.

99. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Slaan) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse takes a Long Rest! HEAL2, Self, recovers Spent Items. Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Forked Beam
- Burning Avatar focuses Living Bones 2! Attacks Living Bones 2 for 0 (2base, -2mod, SHIELD1) damage!
FIRE is now strong.
- Mystic Ally focuses Living Bones 8(E)! Attacks Living Bones 8(E) for 2 (3base, +1CURSE mod, SHIELD2) damage!
Living Bones 8(E) is at 9 HP. There are currently 4 CURSE cards in the monsters deck.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled.
- Boris's deck is shuffled.
- ICE is now waning.
- FIRE is now waning.
- Living Bones killed: 9/10.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 24, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Splinter is short resting, she needs cards.

Also the attack on her was with disadvantage, what was the other modifier?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Also the attack on her was with disadvantage, what was the other modifier?
A +1! Forgot to record it. Fixed it now.

E: do you want to protect any card when resting with Splinter?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Corrupting Embrace.

Can Boris kill skeleton 7 at ratspeed?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Omobono posted:

Corrupting Embrace.

Can Boris kill skeleton 7 at ratspeed?

I mean, not quite ratspeed, but yes I can kill it very early.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

G'luck Slaan, hope all is well.

For Lina, we can cold fire using ice to stun #3, then move onto another coin, holding back reviving ether. Then we can quick rest and top ether + whatever next turn? Or should she go ahead and ether this turn? If so, do we drop the pets and retaliate spells to recover them with the revive and recast them up here, or let them keep distracting skeletons down there?

For Splinter, will depend what card we lose but we're in a spot of trouble depending what the skeletons draw next and what happens when we kill the 10th.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think there was a mistake with Lina, she should only have two cards available right now.

She should drop both summons to be honest when Ethering, they're locked in to useless targets, for some damage prevention fodder.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

I think there was a mistake with Lina, she should only have two cards available right now.

She should drop both summons to be honest when Ethering, they're locked in to useless targets, for some damage prevention fodder.
Do you remember what she should have? I was wondering if I screwed that up, but couldn't figure it out :v:

If we can't figure it out together, I guess it's an error in favor of the players that I won't retcon.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ether and either Cold Fire or Flash Burst.

fake edit: yup, she lost forked beam off a short rest in round 4B.

E: so keep cold fire because she can't deal damage anyways this turn.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Ether and either Cold Fire or Flash Burst.

fake edit: yup, she lost forked beam off a short rest in round 4B.

E: so keep cold fire because she can't deal damage anyways this turn.
Ah I see, she had already lost the card that she has supposedly lost this Round during the Long Rest.

Ok fixed, Lina only has Reviving Ether and Cold Fire left, please let me know if you want to lose any of the 3 active cards to recover them with Ether!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

We can drop the active cards at any time right? So I'd say keep the pets until her turn for damage or to take a hit for Boris, then drop any pet still up before recovering them with the lost cards. I'd keep the retaliate on.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

What did Splinter lose?

I'd go at 11 with Empathetic Assault, Corrupting Embrace.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Cold fire maximizing stuns and drop the fire shield so we can regenerate the card and fire shield again in the future.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AtomikKrab posted:

Cold fire maximizing stuns and drop the fire shield so we can regenerate the card and fire shield again in the future.

Megumin only has 2 cards left, she Ethers or she exhausts.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Yeah I'd missed earlier that she has to use top side reviving ether now to get her lost cards back so the only question is whether to move onto a coin or stay put and use the cold fire loot 2 BEFORE casting ether to get it back right away. So I vote act at 67 with cold fire, reviving ether and the following sounds good for splinter if the cards are still there.

Omobono posted:

What did Splinter lose?

I'd go at 11 with Empathetic Assault, Corrupting Embrace.

Perverse Edge if we lost Empathetic Assault to the short rest?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

bagrada posted:

Perverse Edge if we lost Empathetic Assault to the short rest?

Mass Hysteria for a generic move 2? We really need to get out of cleaving range.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Omobono posted:

Mass Hysteria for a generic move 2? We really need to get out of cleaving range.

Ok by me as a plan B. So to recap for TIG

splinter fastest ratspeed she can go loading up empathetic assault or mass hysteria depending on what we lost in the short rest, + corrupting embrace
lina 67 cold fire reviving ether and wait to drop all 3 active spells (2 pets and retaliate) on her turn if they can be dropped at any time like my googling said they could (the steam early access game limits it to when you pick your cards for the turn).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Yes, you can drop cards in the Active area to the discard/lost pile (depending on their resolution type) at any moment.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Pit of Souls, Round 8A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Dark Frenzy

- Living Bones killed: 9/10.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

- Living Bones 1(E) spawn in (a)!
- Living Bones 5 spawns in (b)!

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Boris (Hand8, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 9 with Race to the Grave and Swift Trickery.

9. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
RACE TO THE GRAVE (09) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK5, Range 5 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - This enemy suffers 2 damage at the start of each of its turns - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.

SWIFT TRICKERY (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - Add +2ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: MOVE5
Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded0, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 11 with Empathetic Assault and Corrupting Embrace.

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self (BLESS)

CORRUPTING EMBRACE (39) [Lvl6]
TOP: ATK1, POISON - ATK1, MUDDLE
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - POISON, Target all enemies moved through - Generate DARK.
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand2, Discarded0, Active3, Lost3) is acting at initiative 67 with Cold Fire and Reviving Ether.

67. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Slaan) posted:

code:
COLD FIRE (67) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, see Template - Consume FIRE, +2ATK - Consume ICE, STUN
BOT: LOOT2 - LOSS

REVIVING ETHER (80) [Lvl1]
TOP: Recover all your LOST cards - Generate DARK - CANNOT BE RECOVERED
BOT: MOVE4, Jump

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Can we know what happens when Boris murders 7? I thin it'll change things.

E: if Boris whiffs Splinter will use corrupting embrace top on 3 then retreat to the upper right coin.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Can we know what happens when Boris murders 7? I thin it'll change things.

E: if Boris whiffs Splinter will use corrupting embrace top on 3 then retreat to the upper right coin.
Seems like a sensible request.

When the 10th skelly is killed posted:

As you destroy more and more of the shambling skeletons, you begin to see the faint shimmer of their souls drift toward the back of the room, where they coalesce and infuse a large pile of bones. With enough skeleton broken and crushed, the glowing bone pile begins to vibrate and move. “You should not have come here! I continue to feast on my victims even in death, but their spirits have grown stale. You wish to disturb us here? Free my prisoners from their phantasmal chains? Now those chains will bind you instead!”

Out of the pile of bones, a form begins to take shape. It is a massive collection of skulls, ribs, femurs, and others bones, which create a fearsome, six-armed beast of malice.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kill that one and we win, right? 16 HP, 0 shields, 6 attack. Easy, we just need two rounds.

If that boss spawns, move 2 + heal to the upper right coin and go to town. Recover and use a stamina potion, more cards in hands = more loss fodder.

E: Splinter will lose anything that isn't Corrupting Embrace or Perverse Edge to prevent damage. She should take only 3 attacks total this round and as long Boris is still alive next round we win.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 25, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Kill that one and we win, right? 16 HP, 0 shields, 6 attack.

Yeah, at least one character has to survive at the end of the Round the Angry Soul is killed. Also, it has 17HP (16.5, rounded up).

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

It will have shield 0 so great time to just hit it with everything and anything you have.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Lina loot 2s to grab a coin while staying out of boss melee range, drops retaliate and any surviving pets then recovers cards?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Boris might want to stamina back race to the grave this turn and use that and wild command for some extra hurting next turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

bagrada posted:

Lina loot 2s to grab a coin while staying out of boss melee range, drops retaliate and any surviving pets then recovers cards?

Disagree. Here's what I'd like to see:

Mindthief:
Assuming the boss has spawned by this turn (which it should have unless Boris draws a critical miss on skeleton #7),
Use the bottom of CORRUPTING EMBRACE to jump up to the boss to poison it, then back off to H2.
Use the top of EMPATHETIC ASSAULT from H2 to do a 4 damage (5 with the poison) on the boss, also conveniently disarming it.

If the boss hasn't spawned, back off to one of the coin slots and disarm elite 3.

Spellweaver:
Toss however many cards from discard are necessary to eat hits, stun 2 elites, get back all the lost cards--including the ones that were tossed to prevent damage--with reviving ether. Retaliate and summons come back before reviving ether is played.

That'll put a pretty good hurting on the boss, and also some status effects so that the mindthief can finish it off next turn. Meanwhile, spellweaver will have a ton of cards to toss if necessary to survive the next round after the boss is dead.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 25, 2021