Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:siren::siren::siren:
Update last page (loving seriously I hate sniping)
:siren::siren::siren:

Dickson retreated because he's loving terrified of Shulk right now. Kid should be a corpse, instead there he his wielding an artificial Monado*, having visions of the future like it was no big deal.
gently caress, he even got a fantastic comeback to the smug.

*as much as the joke was good (and it was), the various Monadon't-s are actually proper Monados when wielded by Shulk. See below.

At that point, you kinda need to examine the thought that somehow Shulk hijacked some part of Zanza's godhood during the Mechonis Core shitshow.

As for Alvis double cross level: I agree that's lower than Ocelot because you really can't beat the patron saint devil of chronic backstabbing disorder at his game, but remind me towards the end of the game because I want to argue an exact and surprising number for his n-th cross tier.

EDIT:

Silver Falcon posted:

I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that the other guy who can see visions is also associated with Zanza. What I wonder is, Alvis comes from a long line of seers, yeah? Were they all disciples of Zanza, or just Alvis?
I'd assume all the other seers were always Alvis. Dickson can shapeshift, remember, and he's not what I'd call magically inclined.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
You might want to spoil that last part about Dickson as I don't think it was revealed yet, but I also thought that it was less shape-shifting and more reincarnation where they just occupy new bodies that they create. Shulk never existed except as a host of Zanza's soul, so we can assume that Zanza and his trinity can create bodies the same way, but because Zanza was split from his soul, he couldn't take full possession of his host and it (Shulk) developed it's own personality independent of Zanza. Dickson probably just built a new body and injected himself into it at full power. We have no idea if he had any type of normal life before the opening scene where he's helping fight, or where he's at Ose Tower and "finds" Shulk. The other evidence i have against Dickson having complete shape-shifting powers is that if he did, he could cause so much more trouble. He doesn't change his form until the penultimate boss fight of the game.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
Jeez, it never quite occurred to me how fundamentally didactic the confrontation between Shulk et. all and Zanza was until I just watched that cutscene without actually playing the game; like, openly stating 'you will exist if you have the will to exist,' pretty much.

... this game is silly.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
In my opinion, that ancient wound on the left side of the bionis from that ancient battle with the mechonis that egil used to extract the bionis's ether got ripped wide open by egils last strike, so now the party can fly deep into the bionis itself through that huge wound.

You really shouldn't go to the new part of tephra cave right after getting shulk back.

The level curve kinda goes get shulk back->do bionis interior->do most of final dungeon-> do new region of tephra cave.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Pharohman777 posted:

In my opinion, that ancient wound on the left side of the bionis from that ancient battle with the mechonis that egil used to extract the bionis's ether got ripped wide open by egils last strike, so now the party can fly deep into the bionis itself through that huge wound.

You really shouldn't go to the new part of tephra cave right after getting shulk back.

The level curve kinda goes get shulk back->do bionis interior->do most of final dungeon-> do new region of tephra cave.

Yeah. It is sometimes hard to know when you're actually going to the final dungeon or toward the point-of-no-return, so I would try to do the final side-quest tour with that knowledge. When I noticed that there were a few required for sidequests that I hadn't seen yet/hadn't been revealed, I realized it was definitely "safe" to continue to the story.

I ran into a similar problem in DQ 11, where the game is like "hey there's a lot of stuff you can do but there's technically an order you should follow to experience the right level curve and not get easily murdered by a dragon in one round."

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah, in addition, the hell part of Tephra Cave is one of the last areas you wanna end up period, and the endgame does actually have a decent order of where you want to go, as you can steadily build up your level through hell areas like the Gogol swarm and Windy Cave in Guar Plains which are in the much more manageable 75-80 range. And then that can be used to springboard into other areas that were locked off by hell enemies, which leads you into <REDACTED>, and then you deal with Tephra Cave. Just uh, good luck figuring it out without guidance.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I'm sure that the absurdity of using "Tragic Decision" for that fight was deliberate.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I'm sure that the absurdity of using "Tragic Decision" for that fight was deliberate.

I'd bet a decent amount of :10bux: on it

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I had casual mode basically from the next story boss and onward. I was not quite level 80 like Argate is and i didn't want to spend a bunch of extra time just grinding away when the ending is so close sooooo yep!

The sad thing is being underleveled would be my only crime since the next story boss is pretty infamously bad and the one afterwards is not really, i could just not hit them half the time because of the level difference.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 22, 2021

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Youve linked to 62.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

:argh:

63 - A Flower for a Rose

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Marrying her mechanic" sent me.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

How in the world were you suppose to even get to level 99 in a timely manner in the original release of this game? The problem is most people ended up overleveled for the main story by actually doing sidequest but i don't know if there would be enough there to get you to where if you get to this "right before endgame" point still wouldn't be at least a little bit grindy. Where you better just go find your favorite area to grind from the awkward level range of like 82-87 before moving on.

At least with Expert Mode you turn you level down really low and effiecently kill anything you want over and over :v:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"Marrying her mechanic" sent me.

Yeah, this was a great line.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I sure do love side quests that feature "So you did [thing for the side quest]? Great, now eat poo poo because we're dropping a high level monster right into your face!" as part of the chain.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You mentioned it right at the end there but a lot of these side quests do seem rather premature given the world ending disaster just off-screen.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I'm a bit behind but oy, I could never figure out how to actually get the game to path you to sidequest objectives, once you set it as your active quest. I got the blue exclamation marks, but not the little blue path leading you around! I would love to know how you did that.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

It says something when a former boss gets demoted from "typical midgame challenge" to "easy target for Reyn to dunk on with little effort".

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I'm glad everyone here had the same reaction as me to the suddenly functional headwings.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ajkalan posted:

I'm glad everyone here had the same reaction as me to the suddenly functional headwings.

I'd never seen that scene before because I never finished that sidequest chain in my original playthrough, so I'm glad in retrospect that I didn't because it would have ruined the reveal for the LP.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm surprised Tyrea calls Homs a Homs, and not some disparaging name like mon-keigh

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I can't believe that the Nopon would mastermind the destruction of the High Entia just so they could move into a better city than their tree.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm a bit behind but oy, I could never figure out how to actually get the game to path you to sidequest objectives, once you set it as your active quest. I got the blue exclamation marks, but not the little blue path leading you around! I would love to know how you did that.
Once you have a sidequest set as your active quest, you press ZR on the overworld to bring up the quest menu and use left or right on the D-Pad to switch between the main quest and the currently active sidequest.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'd never seen that scene before because I never finished that sidequest chain in my original playthrough, so I'm glad in retrospect that I didn't because it would have ruined the reveal for the LP.
I never even found that sidequest chain in my playthrough so imagine my confusion when everybody acted like they knew this kid that as far as I knew popped out of the Bionis' Asscrack for the epilogue. I just assumed it was supposed to be one of those background things that had happened in the intervening months after the end of the game. And then Tyrea showed up as his guardian, and I'd just straight up assumed we murdered her in the tomb...

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm surprised Tyrea calls Homs a Homs, and not some disparaging name like mon-keigh
That might have been a bit too on the nose for the game's writers or localization team.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Needless to say, when I did my Wii playthrough, I simply didn't bother with any of the content which required you to be ridiculously high level.

I don't recall this "Future of the High Entia" quest, but that could be just because I don't remember much of the game after Fallen Arm.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, instead of the final dungeon, the next couple of episodes are all of those Heart to Heart conversations we've been putting off/not grinding friendship for, right?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

So, instead of the final dungeon, the next couple of episodes are all of those Heart to Heart conversations we've been putting off/not grinding friendship for, right?

No joke, I open the penultimate episode of the LP with that thought basically word-for-word.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Potential names for the replicas.

Monadon't
Monodo
Monadno
Monulldo
Monadfaux
Fauxnado

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Fauxnado is a banger

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Fauxnado Speed works based on belief and faith

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

stryth posted:

Potential names for the replicas.

Monadon't
Monodo
Monadno
Monulldo
Monadfaux
Fauxnado

Nonado.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I Have No Monado And I Must Scream “FIORAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Nonono

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

He's in XC2.