Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Tag yourself, I'm Dorothy Conley.
https://twitter.com/henryfinnerty/status/701205793224400896?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Mary Fink......"Ah crum"

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I'll have a cow :regd13:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Here lies Bernard Jones, he liked nothing :rip:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Shame on you for 15 minutes, and no more!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That thing where you would spell out a word letter by letter to emphasize it, part of me is really glad it's gone, but then sometimes,

e: I wonder whether it came about as a way to subtly brag about being literate. Like I always got the impression from old cartoons that nobody knew how to read in the 40s because of the way Donald Duck and Mickey and so on would slowly and painfully read signs one syllable at a time

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Mar 22, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Data Graham posted:

That thing where you would spell out a word letter by letter to emphasize it, part of me is really glad it's gone, but then sometimes,

I, personally, find it extremely A E S T H E T I C

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

DARN AN rear end is my new poo poo, thanks!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Poor Bernard Jones, thinks everything is a dog and likes nothing

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Mary Darby is a country girl, she'll make do. :pervert:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

DARN AN rear end is my new poo poo, thanks!

Wow, that guy curses like a sailor... bookkeeper?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I should get myself a favourite expression. I want people to refer to me as the guy who says 'ah, pants' a lot.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
I'm experimenting with new PG swears, I think "Ah, beans on Christmas" is a contender, we'll see how it does at the state championships,

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

CapitanGarlic posted:

I'm experimenting with new PG swears, I think "Ah, beans on Christmas" is a contender, we'll see how it does at the state championships,

It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. McElroy.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I legit say "Aw, for cryin out loud" a whole lot. I like to mix up my cuss levels for better texture.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

half of these seem like just a knee jerk reaction to someone unexpectedly asking what your favorite phrase is

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Heath posted:

Poor Bernard Jones, thinks everything is a dog and likes nothing
https://twitter.com/jenlikespizza/status/990730742052225024

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

i’m the scrunt salad

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Glottis posted:

half of these seem like just a knee jerk reaction to someone unexpectedly asking what your favorite phrase is
This sort of reaction is what's lead to the modern overproduced senior quotes.

I bet she's never even said these words out loud!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Glottis posted:

Maybe but then again my grandpa always did like saying things like "who's askin'?" and "is this for the yearbook?" or "I don't have a favorite phrase."

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/4czIlKE.gifv

Sound on

(PYF moving pictures, with sound)

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

bike tory posted:

Sound on

what's most disturbing about this clip is the insinuation that his grandmother is a metal frame with pedals and a small loop of chain.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

It's what she would have wanted.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

bike tory posted:

Sound on

This cuts out the funniest part, where the host suggests adding loving salad cream to this Italian man's recipe that was passed down from his grandmother, and he gets so mad he just walks off the set

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mysterious frankie posted:

what's most disturbing about this clip is the insinuation that his grandmother is a metal frame with pedals and a small loop of chain.

Maybe he uses to ride her when he was younger

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

spookygonk posted:

It's what she would have wanted.

OXOXO more like UXOUXO

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bike tory posted:

Sound on

It's also great because it gives us a better replacement for "if my auntie had worn trousers she might have been my uncle" which is either extremely avant garde gender theory or just rude nowadays.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Phy posted:

I legit say "Aw, for cryin out loud" a whole lot. I like to mix up my cuss levels for better texture.

I say “ahhhhh I’m coming” out loud

E- or is it “I’m coming out” loudly

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

flavor.flv posted:

salad cream

is this a disgusting british thing that folks from the daily mail have "got back" now that Brexit is done?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It was funny, no doubt, but I first heard that sort of gag a long time ago:

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

sarcastx posted:

is this a disgusting british thing that folks from the daily mail have "got back" now that Brexit is done?

yes. it's ranch dressing's less interesting cousin. it's thin mayo. it's oleaginous gloop for idiots who won't eat green things unless they're covered in grease.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sarcastx posted:

I believe it was invented as a replacement for mayonnaise during wartime rationing.

It's quite nice, sort of more vinegary than mayo, but less thick.

E: Huh looking it up apparently it was invented in 1914, so possibly not. I wonder if they modified it later during rationing.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 22:00 on Mar 22, 2021

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

sarcastx posted:

It's miracle whip.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

This cuts out the funniest part, where the host suggests adding loving salad cream to this Italian man's recipe that was passed down from his grandmother, and he gets so mad he just walks off the set

I've seen that in another clip (same white-haired guy, different woman) so apparently it's a bit they do?

e: Also in it the guy asks "when do you put in the mushrooms?" and mugs for the camera.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

https://twitter.com/XOKATANA/status/1373508783813447680

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I've seen that in another clip (same white-haired guy, different woman) so apparently it's a bit they do?

e: Also in it the guy asks "when do you put in the mushrooms?" and mugs for the camera.

Yes it’s Phil and Holly :swoon: from the morning TV in the UK. The chef is Gino, he often acts like that, it’s his thing. Not that it’s not funny.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

zedprime posted:

It's miracle whip.

More or less - it's a little more vinegary/sour.

It's rancid miracle whip.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CapitanGarlic posted:

Watching the show Bluey with my kids, I get a lot of mileage now out of "ahh, biscuits"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004