Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BFC posted:

putting Solo on the same level of disasters like Suicide Squad and especially Fan4stic is a bit much especially when Solo's problem wasn't editing or glaringly obvious reshoots, but the insistence on it being a full-on origin story for every bit of Han minutiae and bouncing Lord and Miller during principal photography.

It’s pretty similar to JL where it got reshot and became mroe bland even though it was pretty much done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
More updates on the Dan stuff where the person who posted the claims on twitter admit they were fake

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamegrumps/comments/matxht/op_for_the_dan_groomer_post_admits_that_the/

Make of that what you will

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Everything I can find on Solo is that they were 4 months into principal photography, which probably means way behind schedule, so calling them reshoots is technically incorrect because they had not wrapped yet. While they probably had a working edit that doesn't mean it was in any way close to done and still had everyone on staff at the ready by the time Lord and Miller were sacked. So while reshoots did happen afterwards, we can't really say how much was done before Disney stepped in.

In the case of JL, it had already wrapped by the time Snyder stepped down because of tragedy.

That might not sound like it's an important distinction but having the environment and availability of principal photography instead of solely post-production reshoots makes a big difference.

Gwen fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 23, 2021

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Asuron posted:

More updates on the Dan stuff where the person who posted the claims on twitter admit they were fake

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamegrumps/comments/matxht/op_for_the_dan_groomer_post_admits_that_the/

you realize there were multiple people with claims including one who knew and worked with him personally right

gently caress off with this

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Asuron posted:

the person is saying that she may have been wrong about the grooming, which is good, but that means nothing when the problem was also 'it's weird how he constantly flirts with and fucks way younger fans and ghosts them after getting his dick wet'

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I mean, "nothing he did could legally qualify as child grooming in the US" can absolutely be true, but there isn't really a defense for "but he's still a weirdo who seems to regularly have sex with fans half his age before ghosting them"

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I'd be pretty curious to see someone cut the Snyder cut down to 2 and a half hours. I would bet money that Whedon was pretty much hired specifically to make an Avengers-length Avengers-style movie out of it, because this entire time it has seemed like WB has been chasing Marvel's success as much as they can. I'm only halfway through the Snyder Cut (watching it kind of like a TV show, an hour or so per night) but I'm not sure how you could cut what is essentially a full movie's worth without essentially making something completely different. I'd love to see someone take up that challenge.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think Snyder would be really well-suited for a high-budget TV series. The 4-hour cut of Justice League benefits a lot from the streaming format with chapter divisions that give you clear spots to take breaks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dmboogie posted:

you realize there were multiple people with claims including one who knew and worked with him personally right

i'm already seeing people post the thing and doing victory laps that he's 100% innocent, can you post the other claims

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Comic books in general just seem better suited to TV because of the serialized format. Sure keep a big tent pole movie for a crossover mega event but with the way Disney has been dragging their properties into weekly streaming with big success I'd love to see more comic book adaptations switch to television.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I mean, "nothing he did could legally qualify as child grooming in the US" can absolutely be true, but there isn't really a defense for "but he's still a weirdo who seems to regularly have sex with fans half his age before ghosting them"
Literally yesterday people were saying how big a gulf there is between that and grooming, so I dunno. Thread could be less aggressive when people are wary due to the source.

Still super slimy and creepy! Danny basically being the weird middle-aged guy that frequents college hangouts has not spurred me to start watching Game Grumps again.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Superrodan posted:

I'd be pretty curious to see someone cut the Snyder cut down to 2 and a half hours. I would bet money that Whedon was pretty much hired specifically to make an Avengers-length Avengers-style movie out of it, because this entire time it has seemed like WB has been chasing Marvel's success as much as they can. I'm only halfway through the Snyder Cut (watching it kind of like a TV show, an hour or so per night) but I'm not sure how you could cut what is essentially a full movie's worth without essentially making something completely different. I'd love to see someone take up that challenge.

Snyder turned in a 2h22m cut and was immediately told that it had to be under two hours now. The movie could have absolutely been brought down in length but WB just wanted him gone instead, and used his daughters death as pretext to ask him to step down in favor of Whedon (who had, iirc, already been brought on under the pretense of doing script punch-up.)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Superrodan posted:

You can easily excise about forty minutes just by removing the content that does nothing but set up the next movie that 100% isn't happening anymore, and then probably another twenty by trimming down the amount of time they spend discussing why and how to bring Superman back alive.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nah zack said he stepped down once they brought in Whedon to do rewrites.

He said it very recently. He doesn’t have to be nice to WB any more

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ghostlight posted:

You can easily excise about forty minutes just by removing the content that does nothing but set up the next movie that 100% isn't happening anymore, and then probably another twenty by trimming down the amount of time they spend discussing why and how to bring Superman back alive.

Well you can’t because it’s the Snyder cut and he’s gonna out everything in it and you have to deal with it because this is the last time he’s gonna do it.

I don’t really care to see a 2 hour version. Then it’s not Zack Snyder’s justice league it’s just some nerds

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Alaois posted:

i'm already seeing people post the thing and doing victory laps that he's 100% innocent, can you post the other claims

https://twitter.com/stories_nice/status/1373830403446951940?s=19

heres one at least

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Asuron posted:

oh this subreddit we can trust blindly on gamegrumps stuff i guess.

let me just read that tweet. weird it's not shared publicly anymore. i guess i will check their general twitter for more information

quote:

not accepting follow requests, no I didn’t make the og reddit thread

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

here's an archive of the actual twitter thread.
https://web.archive.org/web/20210322210008/https://twitter.com/ryuupastel/status/1374001210366160900?s=21

As far as I can tell they just repeated the reddit thread claims on twitter, were not part of the reddit thread nor part of any actual accusations. To say they 'admit everything is fake' is an extremely overblown claim.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
this is unrelated but the mcelroy thread has been closed due to excessive cringe and I would like to humbly request that people not bring it in here bc the combination of game grumps discourse and travis discourse would just be intolerable

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Well you can’t because it’s the Snyder cut and he’s gonna out everything in it and you have to deal with it because this is the last time he’s gonna do it.

I don’t really care to see a 2 hour version. Then it’s not Zack Snyder’s justice league it’s just some nerds
I mean, obviously that's a tautology, but in the context of "could this movie have been delivered in a traditional movie format" the answer is undoubtedly "yes", imo. I fully respect Snyder for not wanting to do that, but outside of his choices it could have been done.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah. It could’ve. WB just got spooked.

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Garrand posted:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210322210008/https://twitter.com/ryuupastel/status/1374001210366160900?s=21

As far as I can tell they just repeated the reddit thread claims on twitter, were not part of the reddit thread nor part of any actual accusations. To say they 'admit everything is fake' is an extremely overblown claim.
Souring a Twitter thread that says “I was wrong nvm” on being a little less harsh against you as your defense is serious clown poo poo.

Go back to the “ but an actual victims wouldn’t let racist haters use their accusation” argument. It’s more honest than this grasping at straws.

Rockit fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 23, 2021

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BFC posted:

Everything I can find on Solo is that they were 4 months into principal photography, which probably means way behind schedule, so calling them reshoots is technically incorrect because they had not wrapped yet. While they probably had a working edit that doesn't mean it was in any way close to done and still had everyone on staff at the ready by the time Lord and Miller were sacked. So while reshoots did happen afterwards, we can't really say how much was done before Disney stepped in.

Paul Bettany replaced Michael K. Williams because the latter was unavailable for the reshoots, which gives an idea of some scenes that were done by Howard..

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Garrand posted:

The "happy birthday" text is fake, at least, which was the major point of contention since she received it when she was 17. (turned out it was one of her friends that sent it, a fact that the Rantgrumps admin omitted)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Or the Clint Howard cameo scene.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

dmboogie posted:

Added a thread from someone who also worked with him and had romantic interactions. Seems like he just dates with a big age gap, which is kinda gross but his current girlfriend is 25 so we already knew that.

Also I'm just passing this information along as it came out, mind cutting down on the aggression?

https://twitter.com/R_X_Queen/status/1373827601324769280

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
'i'm simply trying to debunk the victims, why are you so Mad about it'

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

this thread should probably be closed for a while

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

In lighter news, Quinton Reviews talks about Chills. https://youtu.be/CtyzUM3gWSU (skip to 9:30 to get to the main topic)

He doesn't say anything new, but he does touch on the absurdity of a low effort content farmer becoming a meme and trying to turn it into a rap career

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Maybe you should engage with our arguments rather than going “Tone bad”

When you can’t acknowledge all of this didn’t come from shithole subreddit or even provide proof of most of your other claims of course we would have little patience with your defense. And frankly neither would Dan.

The flaws ya’ll are making are the kind that can happen in defense of a innocent man. If you’re right being unsympathetic and close-minded to other people’s anger and argument is not how you convince someone of reasonable doubt.

Rockit fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 23, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

why's that dude

grittyreboot posted:

In lighter news, Quinton Reviews talks about Chills. https://youtu.be/CtyzUM3gWSU (skip to 9:30 to get to the main topic)

He doesn't say anything new, but he does touch on the absurdity of a low effort content farmer becoming a meme and trying to turn it into a rap career

yeah thats quinton reviews alright

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Rockit posted:

proof that it along with me at of your other claims
slow down those fingers brah.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Rockit posted:

Maybe you should engage with our arguments rather than going “Tone bad”

When you can’t acknowledge all of this didn’t come from shithole subreddit or even provide proof that it along with me at of your other claims of course we would have little patience with your defense. And frankly neither would Dan.

The admin of the subreddit dedicated to generating hate for two youtube people straight up admitted it was fake. Dunno what else you want.

grittyreboot posted:

That Chills guy has an incredibly punchable voice.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 23, 2021

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Paul Bettany replaced Michael K. Williams because the latter was unavailable for the reshoots, which gives an idea of some scenes that were done by Howard..
So they could have reworked the entirety of the main villain at minimum wow they must've hated Lord and Miller's plans.

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The admin of the subreddit dedicated to generating hate for two youtube people straight up admitted it was fake. Dunno what else you want.

What i got out that was nothing of the sort and outright says there was more to it than the parts they’re discussing. At best it was an “It doesn’t look that bad wait nvm” rather than an confession of forgery or an accusation of it being fake.

You need to actually defend your read on this rather than act flustered everyone disagrees with you.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Please do not slapfight over this.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
watch some Killian Experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuiHNOyvJhI

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bakeneko posted:

Well I just randomly got this recommended to me: Lindsay Ellis talks about book publishing. Some interesting stuff in there, but it’s not on her usual channel so people might have missed it.

I thought I had subscribed to the pbs account that runs these, but this was on a different channel—“storied.” So heads-up for anyone else who might be missing these. I really like this format that just gives a broad overview of a phenomenon the elements of which much more could be said. I’m interested in the limits of what pbs will allow—some nice, polite liberal probably finds those comments about Ben Shapiro a little spicy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/theymerSophie/status/1374164641006374914
I wish I could Sophie, but everyone I follow seems to being Snyderpilled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BFC posted:

So they could have reworked the entirety of the main villain at minimum wow they must've hated Lord and Miller's plans.

Yeah I get the impression the changes were more about tone and dialogue than with the larger structure.

Also Favreau didn't join the film until after Howard took over too, but with his character it's less clear whether that represents much of a change from Lord and Miller's version.