Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Midjack posted:

Geez that thing came out EIGHT YEARS AGO. :corsair:

what if you could push a button...and reset the entire videogame industry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Went to bed thinking about sekiro. Woke up thinking about sekiro

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

what if you could push a button...and reset the entire videogame industry?

$60 for a game??
https://youtu.be/g0ha6Mb5_YQ

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Went to bed thinking about sekiro. Woke up thinking about sekiro

These games get inside your head man.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Midjack posted:

Geez that thing came out EIGHT YEARS AGO. :corsair:

I started over with Skyrim tonight. First time playing it with (not PSVR) mods.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fix posted:

I started over with Skyrim tonight. First time playing it with (not PSVR) mods.

On PlayStation? There’s some cool mods for it on there now.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Quantum of Phallus posted:

On PlayStation? There’s some cool mods for it on there now.

I'm using them! I'm loving it!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Only just arrived at work, but would love to actually be home so I could start exploring more of Drangleic. Hoping tonight I do not suddenly forget how controller buttons work again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I finished Doom Eternal DLC2 last night. It was good. Fairly short and the last boss wasn’t amazing but as a whole, the DLC was good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Only just arrived at work, but would love to actually be home so I could start exploring more of Drangleic. Hoping tonight I do not suddenly forget how controller buttons work again.

My internet died at the end of the Sunday stream but did you manage to get RRA before you finished?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Good news: I FINALLY BEAT THAT loving BOSS goddamn what an rear end in a top hat

Bad news: I spent all my red jelly on accident so now I gotta farm that poo poo, ugh

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

My internet died at the end of the Sunday stream but did you manage to get RRA before you finished?

He didn't.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Ahh. I did not. I died again. Not sure if this evening I will try again or just keep going with the rest of the game and come back later.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RRA is easy peasy after the first try! I stumbled into that fight by accident and managed to do it on the 2nd go.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

RRA is easy peasy after the first try! I stumbled into that fight by accident and managed to do it on the 2nd go.

I have not had as much luck. The little dogs scare me and I end up getting poisoned to death. Someone clipped me having a complete loss of focus and brainpower. Let me check my channel and find it:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AnnoyingMildReindeerTwitchRaid-Pa2-w-5v9mOzGf0v

RRA is proving tough.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In my opinion the poison resist isn't helping you. Your best bet is to dodge and not get completely surrounded, kill them as fast as possible, and if you do get poisoned calmly get away from the boss to cure it and heal. Then you can focus on fighting the big guy normally.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

In my opinion the poison resist isn't helping you. Your best bet is to dodge and not get completely surrounded, kill them as fast as possible, and if you do get poisoned calmly get away from the boss to cure it and heal. Then you can focus on fighting the big guy normally.

I think you are correct. I tend to get a bit flighty at groups of enemies (except that congregation 'boss') so I think I am letting myself into my own head when all those dogs come get me. Plus I struggle with dogs anyway. This is going to be the Dark Souls Boar incident all over again.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Poison Resist pretty much never helps, because all it does is to make your poison bar bigger. It does not make poison less effective. Get poisoned? It now takes longer for you to be de-poisoned, because the decay of the bar is unrelated to how long it is. It's one of the most frustrating things to me about the Dark Souls game mechanics as a whole. Resistances suck. Healing is 100% of the time better than resisting. It is genuinely lovely game design, because you should not take more damage in total for being more poison resistant.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

I have not had as much luck. The little dogs scare me and I end up getting poisoned to death. Someone clipped me having a complete loss of focus and brainpower. Let me check my channel and find it:

RRA is proving tough.

Yess lol. This is what I was referring to earlier when I said I "pulled a veeg" :D

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

VideoGames posted:

RRA is proving tough.

Interesting tactics you got there.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Yess lol. This is what I was referring to earlier when I said I "pulled a veeg" :D

Hahah it is why I cannot get mad. Video evidence right there. I did it. I own it ;)

boop the snoot posted:

Interesting tactics you got there.

I also get distracted sometimes, like fighting the rat authority and someone mentioned robot wars and I stopped fighting and started thinking about old episodes and died. Like Freckles themself.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
You mean you got owned by it. Get that grammar right, Mr. Mod Person. You gotta be a positive example for all the babby goons here.

e: oh poo poo, you're a super mod now. what the hell is a super mod? anyway, be more super correct.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My first time with RRA I used a bow to take out the dogs quickly from just inside the fog wall, worked pretty well, the big rat is just a crappier Sif then.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:stare:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

You mean you got owned by it. Get that grammar right, Mr. Mod Person. You gotta be a positive example for all the babby goons here.

e: oh poo poo, you're a super mod now. what the hell is a super mod? anyway, be more super correct.

Hahah no, I mean I am owning my mistakes. Should think I am owned by everything in video games by now.

And supermod means I can do punishments in every forum of up to a day and act on behalf of admins should none be around. I can also do a bit of house keeping in the mod forum (closing reports and such).

Impressed? :smug:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

VideoGames posted:

And supermod means I can do punishments in every forum of up to a day and act on behalf of admins should none be around. I can also do a bit of house keeping in the mod forum (closing reports and such).
Thanks for explaining, I honestly had no idea what that meant. Okay, that's fine. then. You are a cool person, unlike some of the mods we've had to deal with in the past, so I trust you to do good by us, Mr. VG. And may your wife beat you with a rolling pin if you don't. The Conditional Curse of the Cardio Goon be upon you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

may your wife beat you with a rolling pin if you don't.

She should beat him for that atrocious Dark Souls performance

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Negative reinforcement for bad perfomance never helps. Genuine Secret Wife Knowledge or your money back.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

VideoGames posted:

RRA is proving tough.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

Thanks for explaining, I honestly had no idea what that meant. Okay, that's fine. then. You are a cool person, unlike some of the mods we've had to deal with in the past, so I trust you to do good by us, Mr. VG. And may your wife beat you with a rolling pin if you don't. The Conditional Curse of the Cardio Goon be upon you.

Thank you, that is very kind of you!

She likes to make fun of my parrying abilities, but then I showed her me parrying Gwynn on his first jump and my first meeting and she conceded that maybe I could ;)

Is this Sekiro? Are there dogs and rats in Sekiro?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Way to veeg!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Parrying is the bane of my existence, in that if a game has it I will build around it, but I am old and feeble and cannot time a parry to save my video game character's life.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Thank you, that is very kind of you!
Nah, honestly, you earned it. I, uh, wasn't in a very great place for a while and people here gave me some well-deserved poo poo for how it made me behave. Least thing I can do is to acknowledge a good mod when I see one.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Cardiovorax posted:

I, uh, wasn't in a very great place for a while and people here gave me some well-deserved poo poo for how it made me behave.

We've all been there; I hope you're doing better.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Casnorf posted:

We've all been there; I hope you're doing better.
I feel like I am. :) poo poo was rough for a while and so was I, but I think I've managed to get a grip on life again. I appreciate the well-wishes.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

VideoGames posted:

Is this Sekiro? Are there dogs and rats in Sekiro?

Did you think there wouldn’t be dogs in a From game?? Also yes, but it’s more of an old timey racist colloquialism than anything https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OI6evmRpRrA

But there’s a lot of animals in Sekiro, lots of monkey violence, and not just the one you saw.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is Siren: Blood curse on PS3 a good game?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Is Siren: Blood curse on PS3 a good game?
Nnnno. Forbidden Siren is an excellent game. Blood Curse? Definite no. Forbidden Siren is genuinely cool, creative, and has a plot that ties Japanese mythology into a modern-day story. Blood Curse is that but without the Japan and with everyone replaced by American names and voice actors so it would be less scary to the kind of person who finds Japan scary.

Seriously, I could talk about Forbidden Siren for hours. Never ask me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

VideoGames posted:

RRA is proving tough.

going hollow AND blood drunk.