Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Comstar posted:

The PM was crying today because he knows he's on the brink of losing his power. There was a weird news article in The Age a week or so ago puffing up Frydenburg as the next successor. There's blood in the water and the PM know it's his.

Betoota also published an article featuring scomo, dutton and frydenberg that was headlined 'how did i get stuck with these idiots? says frydenburg' or something which struck me as pretty approving of Frydenberg.

especially considering he was the one making the 80m miscalculation on covid relief funds. and letting the most profitable businesses during covid get (and keep) job keeper payments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Yeah I saw that today! Frydenberg is a crook, and it’s bizarre that even Betoota dropped his name. I mean; I can’t name many Liberal MPs at this point beyond Dutton and formerly Kelly.

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/it-put-fear-into-me-lidia-thorpe-tells-of-harassment-by-fellow-mps-20210323-p57dbd.html

quote:

Senator Thorpe described one Senate colleague frequently waiting to walk behind her, saying he would wait if he saw her coming out of her office. He also put his arm around her when they were walking down to the Senate chamber for question time. Another MP had put his arm around her during a parliamentary committee meeting they both attended, she said.

Another time, an MP saw her at her office, “looked me up and down and said, I want to take you out for dinner” then contacted her staff every other day to see why she hadn’t responded. And there have been persistent “suggestive comments” on her clothes, her hairstyle, and comments like “what have you got in your mouth” when she is eating.

For fucks sake, how much more evidence do we need to know that these aren't historical isolated incidents?

ScoMo, quit talking about the need for change and the need to do better, and start pointing fingers at the rear end in a top hat men in your Parliament. This isn't something that a committee or a policy can bandaid over; those kinds of action just disassociates the source of the issue - ie you and your dipshit power-hungry colleagues - from what needs to actually change. This Government needs to be a half-decent example to change the culture and our PM is nowhere near displaying that example.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

finally got home to watch this and lmao. hmm my daggy dad isn't working, going back to bully in a suit.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PalaNIN posted:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/it-put-fear-into-me-lidia-thorpe-tells-of-harassment-by-fellow-mps-20210323-p57dbd.html

For fucks sake, how much more evidence do we need to know that these aren't historical isolated incidents?

They're isolated incidents in the same way a movie is made up of isolated frames.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

"youll be aware that someone in your organisation has had a complaint made against them for sexual harassment"

not 'someone has made allegations of sexual harassment against them in your organistion'

good lord he still doesnt get it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Hopefully it's about time for another PM to not get to serve a full term.

Do you want Dutton? Coz this is how you get Dutton.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Do you want Dutton? Coz this is how you get Dutton.

I want Dutton. This govt has a year before it has to go the polls and Dutton is a sure fire winner for anyone other than the loving Coalition. Go Pete Go!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Beffer posted:

I want Dutton. This govt has a year before it has to go the polls and Dutton is a sure fire winner for anyone other than the loving Coalition. Go Pete Go!

Accelerationism works wonders, look at how the coalition lost every single election since Abbott.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Beffer posted:

You're assuming a lot about Aussie voters.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TMRQld/status/1374108593423671298

Car = Scott Morrison
Water = Parliamentary sex scandals

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Sweet three point turn though.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Beffer posted:

When theI last :auspol: happened I thought "at least it wasn't the asbestos queen, she might have been competent enough to win them the next election," which they then went on to win anyway

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Eediot Jedi posted:

Accelerationism works wonders, look at how the coalition lost every single election since Abbott.

Was replacing a uniquely cooked unit like Abbott with a bland neoliberal banker and then a bland empty suit really "accelerationism," though?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yeah the australian people are loving stupid and have been conditioned to believe that nothing changes despite catching them red handed in corruption, sex scandals and cover ups.

I fully predict to not only see the coaltion stay in power but gain seats at the next election.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Laserface posted:

Yeah the australian people are loving stupid

After doing 4000 doorknocks over the last few months, I can confirm this is true.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Scott Morrison headed toward "embattled" status.

He's picked a fight with News Ltd with that sexual harassment claim he clearly made up and they've challenged him on it saying as much. Imagine failing to read the room so badly as a coalition MP you start fighting with Sky and the Arse.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It seems more like the last time Labour had a leader who actually made an effort to win they got rid of him ASAP.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Australians would absolutely re-elect Dutton. There's no hope for this country.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Dutton 2021

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

freebooter posted:

Was replacing a uniquely cooked unit like Abbott with a bland neoliberal banker and then a bland empty suit really "accelerationism," though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0-RsP1pFJ4&t=57s

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Animal Friend posted:

Scott Morrison headed toward "embattled" status.

He's picked a fight with News Ltd with that sexual harassment claim he clearly made up and they've challenged him on it saying as much. Imagine failing to read the room so badly as a coalition MP you start fighting with Sky and the Arse.

yeah the coalition of evil vs Sky News is a plot turn I didn't see coming and probs won't last long, but I am gonna enjoy it while I can

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

PalaNIN posted:

ScoMo, quit talking about the need for change and the need to do better, and start pointing fingers at the rear end in a top hat men in your Parliament. This isn't something that a committee or a policy can bandaid over; those kinds of action just disassociates the source of the issue - ie you and your dipshit power-hungry colleagues - from what needs to actually change. This Government needs to be a half-decent example to change the culture and our PM is nowhere near displaying that example.

What about Scott Morrison makes you think he wants to change/fix anything?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/abc730/status/1374282129463414788

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
#libspill is treading.

The Jab trip report - saw doctor for "consultation". No cost (medicare covered it) but I get my first injection...in 3 weeks. Lucky we don't have any outbreaks right now.

I'd put money on Smirko not being PM by the end of the year but Sportsbet doesn't have it listed. Someone gave him that info about the Sky HR claim and whoever that was, baited the trap and got it set off in spectacular style. But he's not embattled.

Yet. He's being hunted now.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/WilmaSlurrie/status/1374284210609868802

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Homora Gaykemi posted:

When theI last :auspol: happened I thought "at least it wasn't the asbestos queen, she might have been competent enough to win them the next election," which they then went on to win anyway

It's a question I ask myself a lot - evil and competent vs evil and incompetent. Who does more damage?

Laserface posted:

"youll be aware that someone in your organisation has had a complaint made against them for sexual harassment"

not 'someone has made allegations of sexual harassment against them in your organistion'

good lord he still doesnt get it.

Well, spotted.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

My second-hand desk was covered in jizz and after I busted the lock on the drawers I found a Cabinet-in-Confidence document titled "Why We're Not Doing Anything About All the Rapes".

e: There was a story about second-hand government furniture with some secret documents in it or something right? I can't remember what the documents were. I suppose someone is going to say it wasn't just one story and one incident.

Buttcoin purse fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Mar 23, 2021

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

All chairs passed the sniff test

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

newscorp says theres no complaint

quote:

News Corp Australasia chairman Michael Miller has completely rejected Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s “simply untrue” claim that an employee had been the subject of an internal sexual harassment complaint.

Mr Morrison made the extraordinary claim during a tense exchange with Sky News political editor Andrew Clennell at a press conference on Tuesday, where the PM addressed the sexual harassment and assault crisis engulfing the government.

But Mr Miller said the PM’s claim was “wrong”.

“Prime Minister Scott Morrison was wrong today to claim an investigation is under way into a complaint accusing an employee of harassment against a woman in a female toilet,” Mr Miller said in a statement on Tuesday afternoon.

“No complaint has been received and News Corp and Sky News are not dealing with a complaint. News Corp and Sky News take seriously any issues raised by staff and our utmost priority is to respect their privacy and confidentiality. This is standard business practice and because of this, we do not normally comment on private matters.

“However given the Prime Minister’s extraordinary public claims made at a press conference broadcast live across the nation, I want to put to rest any suggestion that an employee of our company is being investigated for conduct suggested by Mr Morrison.”

he made it up on the spur of the moment as a distraction or somebody lied to him about one so newscorp could deny it and make him look bad or it happened and newscorp is trying to cover it up

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Buttcoin purse posted:

My second-hand desk was covered in jizz and after I busted the lock on the drawers I found a Cabinet-in-Confidence document titled "Why We're Not Doing Anything About All the Rapes".

e: There was a story about second-hand government furniture with some secret documents in it or something right? I can't remember what the documents were. I suppose someone is going to say it wasn't just one story and one incident.

It happened 3 years ago. Documents found in a cabinet in a second hand purchased from a second hand store in Canberra.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/redirects/backstory/news-coverage/2018-02-03/the-cabinet-files-and-how-they-were-found/9393008

e:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

newscorp says theres no complaint

he made it up on the spur of the moment as a distraction or somebody lied to him about one so newscorp could deny it and make him look bad or it happened and newscorp is trying to cover it up

Hmm! Can't believe trust in both media and government is down. To be honest I can probably see them just letting it roll over if he didn't explicitly say "be careful" to the Sky news reporter and then mouth off to the Arse one in succession after talking poo poo like that. Just catastrophic media management to piss off your friends in the crowd like that.

Animal Friend fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 23, 2021

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

PalaNIN posted:

I'm sitting next to my parents (late 60s and 70s) as this story has come on SBS, Thorpe is being interviewed and they are almost yelling at the tv "she is an adult, why can't she tell them not to do it, how can she put on this sad face about people putting their arms around her or asking her out, just tell them 'im not interested"'

Mum adding she's had plenty of people put an arm around her and it's never meant anything. She's either been fortunate or ignorant. There doesn't seem to be a connection that the same people wanking onto desks and raping female staffers are the same party putting their arms around people. She doesn't realise that it's intimidation, and that women who bring it up as an issue are losing their jobs.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 23, 2021

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This has gotta be the worst government Australia has ever had

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

TheMostFrench posted:

I'm sitting next to my parents (late 60s and 70s) as this story has come on SBS, Thorpe is being interviewed and they are almost yelling at the tv "she is an adult, why can't she tell them not to do it, how can she put on this sad face about people putting their arms around her or asking her out, just tell them 'im not interested"'

Mum adding she's had plenty of people put an arm around her and it's never meant anything. She's either been fortunate or ignorant. There doesn't seem to be a connection that the same people wanking onto desks and raping female staffers are the same party putting their arms around people. She doesn't realise that it's intimidating, and that women who make it an issue are losing their jobs.

I'm sure anyone in this thread knows this already, but this is why the Libs can't do anything about the sexual harrassment and why (in spite of the real problems other parties have) this is a partisan issue the Libs have a specific problem with. This attitude that putting your arms around people is fine and efforts to stop it are left-wing PC gone mad are core to the beliefs of the average LNP voter and the party ideology, and none of them can make that connection with this and rapists (or perhaps can but deliberately avoid doing so to avoid challenging their fellow conservatives)

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

bowmore posted:

This has gotta be the worst government Australia has ever had

Whitlam got dismissed for less than this.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Australians used to be so distrustful of pollies, they were all bullshitters full of crap. A bunch of fuckwits who you wouldn't trust as far as you could throw them. What the heck happened? We'll just handwave around this absolute fuckery and say 'it's fine?' or is it a mechanical inability for the machinery of government to toff these dipshits?

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
Hahaha, as expected the most grovelling and heartfelt apology from Morrison comes after offending Newscorp.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Spookydonut posted:

Whitlam got dismissed for less than this.

As far as I know Morrison hasn’t pissed off the CIA

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Solemn Sloth posted:

As far as I know Morrison hasn’t pissed off the CIA

Its only Wednesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Konomex posted:

Australians used to be so distrustful of pollies, they were all bullshitters full of crap. A bunch of fuckwits who you wouldn't trust as far as you could throw them. What the heck happened? We'll just handwave around this absolute fuckery and say 'it's fine?' or is it a mechanical inability for the machinery of government to toff these dipshits?

Strong daddy John Howard happened.