Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

loquacius posted:

I have no idea who she is and I will never watch a breadtube but I sure am gonna follow her on twitter now because any leftist who angers Vaush is worth following

She does good videos about communism and Vietnam. Would recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Manager Hoyden posted:

So is your position that the pictures are fakes? It'd be great if you could answer without trying to deflect the question back to grousing about their provenance.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

probing for loving cheerleading in loving cspam what the gently caress

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Goa Tse-tung posted:

(that was someone else getting probed for asking that question somewhere else)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it's a little-known quirk, but if you post the EXACT "user was put on probation for this post" message it will automatically generate a link to your own rapsheet

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cpt_Obvious posted:

She does good videos about communism and Vietnam. Would recommend.

yea she pisses the dipshits like him off because she's, ya know, an actual Communist and not some white 'comrade' cosplayer and talks about the history of the movement especially in her part of the world and all.

Also isn't she the one Vaush told that her family getting bombed by the US proved the US was 'superior' or something?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress Vaush

goddamn reactionary swine

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

gently caress Vaush

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Vaush exists to bring in impressionable young people, push himself as a "leftist" and then attack anyone who is doing any real work or anything good. He's 100% paid to discredit the left.

Also I'm sure having access to very young adults or underage kids is just like a fringe benefit for him.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

gently caress Vaush

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Why is a random Twitch streamer somebody important in the leftist community? Is this some extremely online thing that 99% of people don't know or care about, but the other 1% have a blood feud?

Isn't Twitch supposed to be for video games?

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Why is a random Twitch streamer somebody important in the leftist community? Is this some extremely online thing that 99% of people don't know or care about, but the other 1% have a blood feud?

Hes not, but wants to be important to the left.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I hear you

I'm not nearly Online enough to understand why some people are poking their phone hard about this

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

vaush is so stupid that he actually read "Should We Participate in Bourgeois Parliaments?" and concluded that Lenin wouldve voted for Biden

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Maybe originally, but now, its Cable TV for Millennials and Zoomers

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

because he literally constantly inserts himself into anything he can and has a large audience of faux-left freaks who defend him to the death. Like, you can just say 'I don't really do Twitch poo poo who is this' and that's fine but this is 'a thing' constantly because this big human wrecking ball constantly dives into any leftist discourse to be all 'ACTUALLY MARX WOULD HAVE VOTED BIDEN YOU STUPID loving ASIAN SLUT' and a horde of pasty perverts follows suit.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Young leftists grew up using twitch and youtube, you're showing your age if you need to ask why they're important

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

vaush is so stupid that he actually read "Should We Participate in Bourgeois Parliaments?" and concluded that Lenin wouldve voted for Biden

https://twitter.com/VaushV/status/1294336318269358080

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:psyduck:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the tweets are coming from INSIDE ANDREWS AIR FORCE BASE

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

100% convinced Vaush is an op

https://twitter.com/s00sposter/status/1374140644403318786

okay maybe there's a chance he's just an idiot and is too dumb to get paid by the CIA to do this poo poo and does it for free

yeah yesterday i was pretty sure this guy was an op but now today i think he really just IS that dumb, reactionary, and racist. big surprise lmao

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

the very first time i heard of this vaush guy it was for being an idiot and every single time since that he’s appeared on my twitter timeline it’s someone going “look at the dumb poo poo this clown said” it’s funny to learn he has a massive twitch fan following and debates people online because he has never in my experience appeared to have a good point

misadventurous has issued a correction as of 16:47 on Mar 23, 2021

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
these authentic photos were obtained thru trickery and thus are illegitimate, ty

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

the only people i know in this whole post are bobby hill and his neighbor connie

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

sometimes you just gotta drop some slurs to own the left online

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jay-V posted:

these authentic photos were obtained thru trickery and thus are illegitimate, ty

are you talking about Vaush or the camps

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

If more people read marxs "durr capital" they'd understand and agree with my posts more.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

fart simpson posted:

the only people i know in this whole post are bobby hill and his neighbor connie

Ok, now imagine if a dude who jerks off to Connie wants to be taken seriously as a leftist political commentator so he spews unfettered racism at a someone who translates Marxist theory from Vietnamese into English.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Ok, now imagine if a dude who jerks off to Connie wants to be taken seriously as a leftist political commentator so he spews unfettered racism at a someone who translates Marxist theory from Vietnamese into English.

he was taken out of context okay

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

tiberion02 posted:

Maybe originally, but now, its Cable TV for Millennials and Zoomers

Yeah, I basically throw a twitch stream on in the background when I get done with work and I'm doing other stuff

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Jay-V posted:

concentration camps becoming a PR drag? no problem!

1) block legitimate inquiries into the conditions inside of the camps
2) any leaked images are illegitimate and should be ignored, nothing to see here

bing bong, so simple

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm glad we have the transparent Harris-Biden administration and not that friggin' cheeto in the White House

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tmfc posted:

yeah yesterday i was pretty sure this guy was an op but now today i think he really just IS that dumb, reactionary, and racist. big surprise lmao

It's not really surprising considering he grew out of the debate lord world. Debating is stupid and debatelords should all be beat up.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Excelzior posted:

concentration camps becoming a PR drag? no problem!

1) block legitimate inquiries into the conditions inside of the camps
2) any leaked images are illegitimate and should be ignored, nothing to see here

bing bong, so simple

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST

Please do not call them concentration camps.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

really queer Christmas posted:

Please do not call them concentration camps.
if we give the ... uh, "occupants," something to do, like maybe, picking tomatoes, we could call them work camps

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

good idea. After simply working a bit, they will earn their freedom.

We could make some kind of catchy slogan out of that, maybe put it on the gates at the entrance.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

misadventurous posted:

it is funny (in an infuriating way) that their excuses shifted from “we can do good things as soon as we beat the orange man!” to “we can do good things as soon as we beat the turtle man!” to “well gosh if only we had decisively beaten the manchin man last year oh well hands are tied until at least 2022 at this rate” and their shitlib stans diligently switched over to parroting each new excuse

personally if someone constantly changes their reasons for not doing the job i ostensibly paid them for i start to think i’m being played for a sucker, i guess liberals think they’re too smart for that
i knew it was coming but it's poo poo to see it all play through
oh we have control of all branches of government? but we can't do xyz because of ~*reasons*~
it always comes down to "alas,"
loving ghoul bastards gently caress them all

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If we believe the assertions in the article that people within CBP staged the "migrants crossing the border" video then I really don't think it's a bridge too far to assume that the photos from inside the facility could be similarly staged- all it takes is some rear end in a top hat with a badge shouting at scared people that they need to gather up in a place and then snapping a quick photo of it. None of that is to excuse the existence of the facility in the first place, the resistance to letting press or elected officials into the space, or any of the other steps that led to this point, but the answer to the question of "would someone really stage something like this?" is a resounding "YES!", so trying to frame people asking for you to wait a day or two for a deeper dive on the photos (or for the questions at the Thursday conference) before you internalize the photos as the unassailable truth of the matter really is not that much to ask. They disbanded ACORN with similar bullshit, they have pulled like 5 similar scams with Planned Parenthood and such and got caught out doing it in the intervening years, there is absolutely NO reason to take the equivalent of a Fwd:Fwd:Fwd email as the truth.

I understand the urge to change things RIGHT NOW, especially when there is so much bad poo poo happening at once, but there are only so many hours in the day and fixing the problem requires contract to be signed and money to be distributed and documentation of the reason for firing the people responsible, it was never going to get done in the amount of time that we want it to be. Just as Trump couldn't fire the whole EPA or DoJ, Biden can't fire the whole CBP or ICE, the rules apply whether they are defending good people or bad. The statements going out are certainly discouraging, but the statements going out about the stimulus bill were also discouraging, and then it passed with no cuts to the total dollar amount, so let's give it to the end of the month, just like we gave the stimulus bill until the second week of March, and if nothing has happened by then myself and at least one or two other posters have stated that we will flip our outrage switches right along with you - it's not some unknowable length of time where we just have to "wait and see", it is one more week.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

sexpig by night posted:

If we believe the assertions in the article that people within CBP staged the "migrants crossing the border" video then I really don't think it's a bridge too far to assume that the photos from inside the facility could be similarly staged- all it takes is some rear end in a top hat with a badge shouting at scared people that they need to gather up in a place and then snapping a quick photo of it. None of that is to excuse the existence of the facility in the first place, the resistance to letting press or elected officials into the space, or any of the other steps that led to this point, but the answer to the question of "would someone really stage something like this?" is a resounding "YES!", so trying to frame people asking for you to wait a day or two for a deeper dive on the photos (or for the questions at the Thursday conference) before you internalize the photos as the unassailable truth of the matter really is not that much to ask. They disbanded ACORN with similar bullshit, they have pulled like 5 similar scams with Planned Parenthood and such and got caught out doing it in the intervening years, there is absolutely NO reason to take the equivalent of a Fwd:Fwd:Fwd email as the truth.

I understand the urge to change things RIGHT NOW, especially when there is so much bad poo poo happening at once, but there are only so many hours in the day and fixing the problem requires contract to be signed and money to be distributed and documentation of the reason for firing the people responsible, it was never going to get done in the amount of time that we want it to be. Just as Trump couldn't fire the whole EPA or DoJ, Biden can't fire the whole CBP or ICE, the rules apply whether they are defending good people or bad. The statements going out are certainly discouraging, but the statements going out about the stimulus bill were also discouraging, and then it passed with no cuts to the total dollar amount, so let's give it to the end of the month, just like we gave the stimulus bill until the second week of March, and if nothing has happened by then myself and at least one or two other posters have stated that we will flip our outrage switches right along with you - it's not some unknowable length of time where we just have to "wait and see", it is one more week.

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

quote:

You can refer to the internment camps as literally anything else except concentration camps, this whole production of dancing around the forbidden term that shall not be named is the same as just saying it in the first place, except with the extra layer of tedium. Pick a better hill to die on. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.
:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
D&D's continually moving 'give him to the end of (current month)' stance is maybe the funniest part of that forum going full white supremacist