Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

zoux posted:

How else are you gonna hold all of these limes

Just lol if you ain’t buying the bag of limes.

Who buys 3 limes??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

No Manic Missle? Tashas Uncontrollable Hideous Daughter? Tensers Floating Dick?!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Phy posted:

This is some real poo poo and I hate it

Not so bad if I'm buying like green onions or celery that regularly gets a spray from the overhead mist nozzles, cause I can just grab the thing and then my fingers can open the bag, but if it's drier veg like potatoes or onions I get to fiddlefuck around for a couple of minutes cursing my idiot mammal physiology for not taking into account that I live in a dry-rear end province

Come to think of it why the gently caress am I still using the plastic bags? The shopping baskets are sanitized now, and even if the belt is gunky I'm gonna be washing the veggies before I eat them

Just rub the bag between the palms of your hands for extra friction. Opens right up.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What I take from those is that the entire student loan industry is being run by the military as a pipeline

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Data Graham posted:

What I take from those is that the entire student loan industry is being run by the military as a pipeline

the pillars of the republican party (destroying social safety nets, saddling everyone with crushing debt, turning all public goods into private for-profit entities, banning abortion and sex ed) are what they are to ensure a continuous supply of poor people to feed into the military and other destructive low-wage jobs that are required to maintain the conservative lifestyle.

so yes, perhaps not directly, but certainly structurally

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It's almost as if the armed forces take advantage of our most vulnerable.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Oh, god! I didn't realize people did this! :barf:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The best way to open those bags is just to blow on them but that is even more VERBOTEN rn

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
One of the main arguments that some people have against zero-tuition state colleges is that it would absolutely throttle enrollment in the armed forces. They view this as a negative outcome.

e: the bags aren't hard, just rub your fingers at one corner for a few seconds and then flap it out like a trash bag.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SpacePig posted:

One of the main arguments that some people have against zero-tuition state colleges is that it would absolutely throttle enrollment in the armed forces. They view this as a negative outcome.

e: the bags aren't hard, just rub your fingers at one corner for a few seconds and then flap it out like a trash bag.

This only works well if you have sweaty fingers

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

mobby_6kl posted:

you can also strech the corner

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
You can avoid the issue of dry fingers or licking them if you just pull the bags off with your mouth. Get rid of the middleman

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just eat your potatoes in the aisle and you wont even need a bag

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

mobby_6kl posted:

Well okay, I didn't know there were people who didn't have sweaty fingers, I guess. I apologize.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

lmao whoever made this ham-fistedly painted the "girl scout" pink because they thought whatever color it was before wasn't "girl" enough. imagine having a masculinity so fragile that it's threatened by a girl's space suit not being pink.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DontMockMySmock posted:

lmao whoever made this ham-fistedly painted the "girl scout" pink because they thought whatever color it was before wasn't "girl" enough. imagine having a masculinity so fragile that it's threatened by a girl's space suit not being pink.

Would you say it's sus?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

wizzardstaff posted:

Please enjoy (or not) some military recruiter memes.

The broken spine and PTSD are certainly worth the price, just ignore all of the dead children and their haphazard body parts.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Paladinus posted:

Would you say it's sus?

https://youtu.be/jF65e1EJHis?t=376s

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
So that Among Us one is also gonna read as sus to players of the game, because doesn't that floating-in-space scene mean that they weren't the hidden monster, which is still, in fact, among them and trying to kill everyone? (It's green.)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Elfface posted:

So that Among Us one is also gonna read as sus to players of the game, because doesn't that floating-in-space scene mean that they weren't the hidden monster, which is still, in fact, among them and trying to kill everyone? (It's green.)

They may or may not be an impostor. In the game you can choose if it should show you whether the ejected player was an impostor or not. So it either just says 'Player was ejected', or 'Player was an impostor, 1 impostor remains' or something like that.

Lime, although clearly the bad guy in real life, is not an impostor in the game, because the screenshot is from their POV, and their name is not red.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Huge opportunity missed by not using a Dove bar.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

wizzardstaff posted:

I hope these were made unironically and the military actually paid some guy to come up with pro-recrutment countermemes to fire back at the zoomers who dunk on them.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hardcordion posted:

I hope these were made unironically and the military actually paid some guy to come up with pro-recrutment countermemes to fire back at the zoomers who dunk on them.

this was how I read them yeah

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Hardcordion posted:

Pretty sure that's correct, yeah. Here's where I saw them posted.

https://twitter.com/addaduuuu/status/1374157892715167758

Plenty of IOSM in the comments if you want to mine it for content in another thread, but :effort:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

the greatest sin is spelling wimp with an h

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

cool whimp

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

cool hwimp

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Do they actually still say the "travel the world" bit? Like surely everyone knows by now that you're just going to go from your podunk hometown to a boot camp you aren't allowed to leave to a base in the middle of the desert

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No way, you’re gonna spend four years sipping espressos with mademoiselles in charming French villages

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

wizzardstaff posted:

Im suprised no one replied with this yet

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

that was a few pages back iirc, and prompted the post in the first place

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The army is trash
source: army veteran

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Agents are GO! posted:

No Manic Missle? Tashas Uncontrollable Hideous Daughter? Tensers Floating Dick?!

Pisswall, Milf's Poison Arrow, Magic Car.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Agents are GO! posted:

:colbert:

FFT posted:

You might think Tenser's Floating Dick could be a big problem, but have you considered

Tenser's Floating Fisk

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hardcordion posted:

Behold the finest dod meme
https://twitter.com/jamiewithorne/status/1374440640713347078?s=19

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Is there a...bone healing juice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker