Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

papa horny michael posted:

AOC and the Squad could learn something from Tammy Duckworth's commitment to her ideals

it's so loving funny that these morons will fight harder for meaningless symbolism than our 'allies' will for basic human dignity issues. Tammy Duckworth's willing to scuttle her own party's president's agenda just to get a loving Asian bomb-dropper so she can trick other Asian kids into getting blown up like her but the loving squad couldn't mildly inconvenience Pelosi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

What was this before it went away?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

alarumklok posted:

hello *kevin*, you have called the betterup mental health hotline. your betterup productivity rating of 23% above average indicates you have much to live for. killing yourself would mean you could not improve on your 44% below average betterup work-life balance metric. have a nice day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0YkPnwoYyE

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AOC and the Squad could learn something from Tammy Duckworth's commitment to her ideals

yeah the rule that you're only allowed to hold procedure hostage for reasons that don't threaten capital apparently still applies

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

it's so loving funny that these morons will fight harder for meaningless symbolism than our 'allies' will for basic human dignity issues. Tammy Duckworth's willing to scuttle her own party's president's agenda just to get a loving Asian bomb-dropper so she can trick other Asian kids into getting blown up like her but the loving squad couldn't mildly inconvenience Pelosi.

That story just came out that basically confirms the goal of the Democrats in 2020 was to stop Sanders and here he is with an interview ready to go talking about no actually the left is winning this is victory wine.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

What was this before it went away?

really queer Christmas posted:

Spoiling because of slurs.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eggplant Squire posted:

That story just came out that basically confirms the goal of the Democrats in 2020 was to stop Sanders and here he is with an interview ready to go talking about no actually the left is winning this is victory wine.

me, smirking electorally: I'm bleeding, which makes me the victor

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
wait what did that vaush guy you all love posting about write that about duckworth?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

wait what did that vaush guy you all love posting about write that about duckworth?

what?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

no, it was about a youtuber

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

vaush guy you all love

low effort

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Vim Fuego posted:

Fluffdaddy and Main Paineframe are squabbling in QCS about whether banning the phrase "Concentration Camp" in D&D is dumb

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963024#post513439355

scratching my head over why the forum modded by state department staff and cia astroturf mouthpieces would ban the phrase "concentration camp"

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

We love posting about Vaush the way we love posting about Khive.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Embed Duckworth

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

We love posting about Vaush the way we love posting about Khive.

the subject is bad but the content is good

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/jessehawken/status/1373969383471599624

Pete fighting the good fight against car supremacists

I'm the fake Eames molded plywood lounge chair

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol Mellow Seas in that QCS thread simping harder for the mods than the other mods

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Eggplant Squire posted:

link to story please?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/jessehawken/status/1373969383471599624

Pete fighting the good fight against car supremacists

looks like he got yet another set of blagojevich hairplugs. its good to be the secretary of transplantation

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Vim Fuego posted:

Fluffdaddy and Main Paineframe are squabbling in QCS about whether banning the phrase "Concentration Camp" in D&D is dumb

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963024#post513439355

lmao

my god

D&D can never be mocked hard enough

I wonder how many people were probed for saying c*ncentration c*amp when the Bad Orange Man was president

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

c*ncentration c*amp

concentration cramp

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Just for those new posters who might not be in the know. I better not catch any of you using these terms here.

1. Girlboss
2. Democrat party
3. Defund the police
4. poo poo sucker
5. NoJoe
6. Snowflake
7. Karen
8. Frog
9. Yank
10. Republic party
11. Obungler
12. Liberal
13. Worm
14. Concentration Camp
15. ????

spacetoaster has issued a correction as of 21:12 on Mar 23, 2021

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

banning words cause they cause bad feels is the most liberal thing

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Lmfao

Handsome Ralph posted:

Here's the post that started this whole thing

Moose PM'd me immediately afterwards and we had what I felt was a productive conversation about it (and they are welcome to chime in if they want to confirm that or disagree with how it went from their perspective). I explained to them that my feeling was that it wasn't wrong to call the camps "concentration camps" (and that I understand what the definition is and that it's not exclusive to Nazi Germany but it's usually the first thing most people equated it with when they heard the term) but the whole strikethrough text left a pretty sour taste in my mouth and I wasn't a fan of people using that terminology in that manner because it usually led to really stupid derails and slapfights and was crass to boot. Had he not done the strikethrough thing, none of this would have likely come to pass.

The Steve and I then discussed this in the IK/Mod conspiracy and we both agreed (along with other mods/IKs who chimed in later and for the most part, agreed with what we discussed) that while the term can be appropriately used when discussing this issue, it was seemingly being used by some posters as one neat trick to own their posting enemies and shout into the void rather than have a discussion about how terrible and awful the camps are and leading to really stupid derails. We thought Internment Camps would be an adequate compromise since A)You immediately equate it with America having an awful history with this kind of stuff and B)It's a pretty good example that just because a President has a (D) next to their name, that doesn't mean they won't pull some heinous and awful poo poo.

And that clearly didn't work out as we intended.

Majorian then clarifies quite well in the Immigration thread what our stance was after numerous people were probed for Kramering into USPOL and the immigration thread just to stir poo poo

And after that, the issue went away for the most part as people in the immigration thread stopped using the term as a cudgel and USPOL moved on to other topics.

95% of the time when this stuff happens, most of the posters in the thread move on from it and are able to discuss the topic of the day without issue. But then you get a subset of posters who insist on using that one phrase or word, be it Concentration Camp, Democrat Party, or Girlboss. Not because they want to have an actual debate or discussion about the topic, but because they want to derail the thread or rile up other posters. And it gets old, real loving quick. So when people do the "hahaha, I didn't actually say it, I just kinda did. What do now, mods? :smug:" we're pretty comfortable in probating that poster because it's usually indicative that they didn't want to contribute in a meaningful way and just wanted to poo poo things up instead.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Just for those new posters who might not be in the know. I better not catch any of you using these terms here.

1. Girlboss
2. Democrat party
3. Defund the police
4. poo poo sucker
5. NoJoe
6. Snowflake
7. Karen
8. Frog
9. Yank
10. Republic party
11. Obungler
12. Liberal
13. Worm
14. Concentration Camp
15. ????

As long as Obamailure isn't banned, I'll be happy

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

bedpan posted:

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

bedpan posted:

I was probed once a long time ago for saying Obama was bad because he's an ineffectual centrist war-monger who didn't do anything for the real economy lmao.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

concentration cramp

lmao oops

I get those when my dumb brain has to do any amount of work

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

striding into D&D and uttering Power Word : Girlboss, striking the discussion in its weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

spacetoaster posted:

1. Girlboss
2. Democrat party
3. Defund the police
4. poo poo sucker
5. NoJoe
6. Snowflake
7. Karen
8. Frog
9. Yank
10. Republic party
11. Obungler
12. Liberal
13. Worm
14. Concentration Camp
15. ????

Barfsack O'Crumbo is still good. Whew.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

link to story please?

It's was pages back but it was from a twitter synopsis from what I believe was the new Lucky book regarding Joe somehow hitting every lucky break after South Carolina.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 21:26 on Mar 23, 2021

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

spacetoaster posted:

1. Girlboss
2. Democrat party
3. Defund the police
4. poo poo sucker
5. NoJoe
6. Snowflake
7. Karen
8. Frog
9. Yank
10. Republic party
11. Obungler
12. Liberal
13. Worm
14. Concentration Camp
15. ????

can we still post the pig pooping on his own nuts

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

the 2016 lover posted:

drat i can remember all of 6 months ago when trump was irreparably destroying USPS and how that was weeks worth of news, anyway i guess biden cant do anything aobut it now that hes president for months

it was one of the main contrasts given as a reason why we desperately needed to oust orng man. maybe we need more d's in congress or whatever before a thing can be done idk

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Fellatio del Toro posted:

"mental health startup"

"Microlearning delivered in the flow of work"

absolutely nightmarish, or the perfect liberal technocrat dream

"hmmm micromanaging people to eek the last drops of efficiency out of them with our service looks like its actually just making their mental health worse? Thank god their mental health wasn't actually our goal! dehumanization printer go brrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

who can stop this mad linguomancer's rampage? think of the orphaned discussions on the minutiae of archaic Senate procedure

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
more like we need deez nuts in congress am i right succ dems zone

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

whatever pushback exists regarding Biden not being able to directly change the postmaster general ignores the fact that the dems control the senate, house, and the presidency and can pass any law they want.

firing the postmaster general is illegal? ok, make it legal then???

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bedpan posted:

I ate a probe in TFF for using "Wrap it up Chargerailures" back when the Obamailure meme was riding high cause some mod thought it was a Rivals.com pun

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Popy posted:

banning words cause they cause bad feels is the most liberal thing

they're banning words to obfuscate what's going on in the concentration camps

are you sure these are liberals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009