Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Whoever said SvR '08 should be the 8th game was either trolling or legitimately forgot how bad it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

can i nominate this punk/carlito match for wmotyc

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i will nth it, this is torture lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I’m crying laughing

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s been like 40 minutes

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

GOD DAMNIT

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

“We’re never taking a suggestion from you the fans ever again. Don’t even bother trying”

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Assuming this match ever ends, it’ll be so funny when the winner loses the next round in eight seconds, or the smack down equivalent of four minutes

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 21, 2021

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

it's appropriate that we're discussing this on page 500, which is how many minutes it will be before this match ends

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

terry funk is just a skeleton by the time this gets to his match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HELL YEAH

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

loving finally, goddamn

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

IT'S OVER!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmao the final match froze

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

this is the most cursed loving tournament

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Sheamus vs. Drew in their sim of Fast Lane has turned into the two standing out in the aisles and staring at each other

They had to restart it.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Mar 21, 2021

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

It happened again!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
This is astonishing

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Falls Count Anywhere matches in 2K20 are such trash, remember that one match that went like two hours in the short lived universe?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Johnny Gargano interfering

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Testekill posted:

Falls Count Anywhere matches in 2K20 are such trash, remember that one match that went like two hours in the short lived universe?

Liv Tyler vs “the cleaner“ Zelina Vega, and I think it was 90 minutes before they restarted it. And then they started to leave the ring and they restarted it the third time, where it ended

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The Winner, and STILL Romaaaaaaaaaaaan Reigns

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dang this Road to Glory challenge in TEW2020 is rough, especially as a total newb! Also I swear it says "you've gained a point of popularity!" sometimes after shows but then when I check the size a little bit (week or two) later my popularity level is the same. Is it fractional? Or do I just lose popularity because of a slow schedule?

I'd probably just quietly lurk it and do the occasional CTRL-F looking for wisdom, but is there a TEW Discord? Not nesc goon-affiliated but in general, like an official one or unofficial official one.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 22, 2021

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Dang this Road to Glory challenge in TEW2020 is rough, especially as a total newb! Also I swear it says "you've gained a point of popularity!" sometimes after shows but then when I check the size a little bit (week or two) later my popularity level is the same. Is it fractional? Or do I just lose popularity because of a slow schedule?

I'd probably just quietly lurk it and do the occasional CTRL-F looking for wisdom, but is there a TEW Discord? Not nesc goon-affiliated but in general, like an official one or unofficial official one.

It is fractional yes

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ok cool, thanks. At least now I know I'm not losing ground, just advancing slowly...

So far I'm running 2 (free) shows a month with a small roster of 8 workers (mostly half decent but obscure talent). After struggling to do well with a more "entertainment" focused product like Comic Lucha, I ended up restarting and basically copying CZCM's model (much larger focus on match performance vs popularity and no need for face/heels and very minimal story/angle stuff)* and have been doing better (match/event ratingwise at least).

Any tips for a rock bottom promotion? What I've dug up so far just says keep putting on a modest amount of shows and ignore the red you're running into as eventually you'll gain the popularity for sponsorships to overwhelm the bleed. Also read that Weekly is too much due to costs and a potential cap on popularity gain in a set period. Though now I'm wondering if I'm not running into it, or maybe I am since not every show gains me popularity even with a good rating.

*Except the Bloody owner just decided to switch us to Classic Lucha Libre, this could get interesting... Thanks Frank. :doh: I was gonna wait until I was Tiny at least or even Small before I started drifting towards a more entertainment focus.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
RE: nL Kingiest of the Ringiest.

Holy poo poo was the SVR 08 king of ring tournament really loving bad from a technical perspective.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

karmicknight posted:

RE: nL Kingiest of the Ringiest.

Holy poo poo was the SVR 08 king of ring tournament really loving bad from a technical perspective.

But what a masterclass in psychology!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
THIS IS WRESTLING over Carlito and Punk doing an endless series of back switches

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

just not the psychology we normally think of :v:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Criminal psychology

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

THEIR GOING FOR THE LIMO SPOT AGAIN!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I still think D-von Dudley winning King of the Ring through constant interference and vehicular manslaughter is the funniest thing to come out of the tournament.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I still think D-von Dudley winning King of the Ring through constant interference and vehicular manslaughter is the funniest thing to come out of the tournament.

Also because it was something unexpected and not, say, lolHHH wins.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

HHH still got into the finals lol

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYmm5YQSv2I&t=9s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Genuinely don't know what made me laugh harder, Bubba driving, or Rhino coming in just to turn heel

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

joylessdivision posted:

HHH still got into the finals lol

I know that, I'm just saying D-von getting in is more interesting than it being 8 main eventers.

Now its more like 6 or 7 depending on how you view Takayama :v:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Goddamnit, I can’t find a clip of “Haunted House Helmsley”

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

I know that, I'm just saying D-von getting in is more interesting than it being 8 main eventers.

Now its more like 6 or 7 depending on how you view Takayama :v:

Oh totally agree, D-von embracing the early 2000s Era of "RUN INS ALL THE TIME" to win was hilarious.

As was HHH going over because even in video games, HHH gotta go over.

Can't wait for the cluster gently caress that will be the final tournament because I'm pretty sure they said it's going to be 2K20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

has anybody counted how many limo spots there were yet.