Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Eraser will always be "the railgun movie" to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:hai:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

lets hang out posted:

that's a retcon, it was resident evil engine until they decided to use it for everything

Seems unlegit to me, Give me one example of Capcom ever retconing something before that.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

quick, tell me what the mt framework stands for

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Multi-threaded.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

homeless snail posted:

m....onster... truck

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Multi-threaded.
ah i'm sorry we cannot accept this answer

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mt.Framework is the mountain where Capcom HQ is. 山のフレームワーク in Japanese

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

right next to mt. gox

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Magic The Gathering Online Exchange. The bank I trust.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It was weird once Wizard started accepting bitcoin, I've never had to choose between Cardboard Crack and actual Crack before.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Got to play some more wizard101 and progress in the area we've been in for the past several months and hey wouldja look at that, second to last dungeon of this particular world and the 2nd arc villain finally shows up.

She's a spider witch lady who, near as I can tell, has caused a neverending war between multiple factions in the realm of Celestia which eventually caused the Celestians to call upon the Storm Titan for aid and the Storm Titan's form of aid was "I'm just gonna sink everything below sea level" which all that did was just turn anything that could die into ghosts or zombies and anything that couldn't die eventually ran out of energy, and then the sharks and crabs and fishmen started fighting over the rest of it before the Marleybonian archaeological team finally showed up to try and dig into the history of Celestia and its unique magic.

so KCB and I

had to fight her pet shark

which for whatever reason was weaker than the minibosses we had to fight before it, several times weaker, dunno why, and now we only have 1 dungeon left in Celestia before we can finally move on to the next world. Now that this arc's villain has finally shown up we'll have a slightly more tangible goal than the largely disconnected questing areas of Celestia.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

New Vegas taught me this trick it's supposed to sound like "Empty"

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
negativland is doing some sort of live performance if you're old and remember old things involving sound collage and drugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKI5BYfrKyw

i have literally zero idea what this is or supposed to be so if it sucks i wash my hands of it

e: what the poo poo oh god the weatherman is so old and has the same voice

e2: this is p. good i'm ok with this

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 24, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Does anyone know what to "disco dominate" means in the Fortnite context

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does anyone know what to "disco dominate" means in the Fortnite context
It's a game mode. Kill all enemies on the dance floor and then hold it by dancing while a bar fills. It's king of the hill, but disco themed.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lurdiak posted:

The only thing I can figure is that it was done so that all 3 central characters would appear a bit in every episode, but that the choice came too late in production to make the transition between eras feel natural.

Like Gundam Victory where the studio freaked out when they found out the first episode didn't have a Gundam in it, and the Gundam didn't even get a cool fight until the fourth episode, so they aired the fourth episode first

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Not the same but when Fullmetal Alchemist was on Adult Swim in like, 2005 or whatever, they would play new episodes on the weekends but then on weekdays they would rerun the series so people could catch up. When they caught up, they would just run it again. I started watching and described the episode to someone and they said yeah thats really early on so I kept watching, but then a week later they restarted the show again and I was like what the hell, now it's gonna be who knows how long until they get back to where they were!

Turns out after the first four episodes there's a flash-backward for two episodes and I had actually started watching at the very first episode but just mistakenly though they restarted the series and the episodes were chronological

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The Clerks cartoon's 2nd episode was a clip show episode where the joke was that the only thing they could go back to was the first episode.

Funnier still was that the 2nd episode was aired before the 1st one so it was flashing back to an episode nobody could have seen yet.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The Ashtray Maze sequence in Control was really delightful, don't think I've experienced an FPS set to any kind of rock music before that didn't just feel like bad rock thrown on FPS or some dev really wanting everyone to hear their fav stringy drums number. This sequence was paced well, they had the music constructed well to match the pacing and momentum of player, and is the first time in the game where the combat felt natural and flowed rather than being a "ok time to do shooting now just bc its a videogame teehee." I also loved the mirror area I visited recently.

I wanna see what this team can make when someone ties their hands and mandates they have to make a whole game with no guns and also no cheating by doing psychic bullets they shoot out of gun fingers

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Khanstant posted:

The Ashtray Maze sequence in Control was really delightful, don't think I've experienced an FPS set to any kind of rock music before that didn't just feel like bad rock thrown on FPS or some dev really wanting everyone to hear their fav stringy drums number. This sequence was paced well, they had the music constructed well to match the pacing and momentum of player, and is the first time in the game where the combat felt natural and flowed rather than being a "ok time to do shooting now just bc its a videogame teehee." I also loved the mirror area I visited recently.

I wanna see what this team can make when someone ties their hands and mandates they have to make a whole game with no guns and also no cheating by doing psychic bullets they shoot out of gun fingers

Swords are just really slow bullets

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Khanstant posted:

See, I thought the combat interrupted the flow of the Ashtray Maze. But otherwise yes that was dope.

Excited to reply on PS5

Morgan The what?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

All the not combat in the game interrupted the flow of throwing forklifts at enemies

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

wuggles posted:

See, I thought the combat interrupted the flow of the Ashtray Maze. But otherwise yes that was dope.

Oh, right, I should definitely mention I also fixed a lot of the game's problems with liberal application of their godmode options. I've maxed out only my floating power and my throwing poo poo power, most things seem to die from throwing poo poo power. Mostly ignore the whole loot thing, I think I threw on +throwing poo poo power damage, idk, i only look at it when mass deleting stuff. Invincibility, always on, there's never a point in the game where dying does anything but kill the flow of the game. one-shot kills for anytime you're not in a new area, the random battles when you're like, looking for a loving plant to talk to is infuriating, why would they think to add random rpg battles to... anything, ever again after the super nintendo happened. Aim-snapping also helps mandatory combat areas feel better, floating around and throwing homing rocks at folks, quick bullet-snap for the chair guys who dodge the rocks, bap-bap, okay x-files time again hooray.

Even so, for Control it was a relatively constrained sequence, it didn't make you kill everything, wait for more to spawn, kill those, okay is this a three wave room or can we go now? I think if you got killed even once and had to repeat any section of that sequence it would absolutely kill the mood.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

wuggles posted:

Morgan The what?

Morganthe, Lady of Spiders, the Shadow Queen

Some lady who is really mad about not being taught cool magic so she decided to team up with an ancient deity called Grandfather Spider to do evil

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
control is like eating a really good banana split but they pranked ya and the ice cream scoops are actually chicken salad and then the guy who made it shrugs his shoulders like "what, everyone loves chicken salad" and then everyone at the table is also like "yeah, chicken salad is good and that chicken salad in particular is especially good"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Morganthe, Lady of Spiders, the Shadow Queen

Some lady who is really mad about not being taught cool magic so she decided to team up with an ancient deity called Grandfather Spider to do evil

What is "doing evil" in the whimsical world of wizard 101? I feel like it's probably something rad, like making cool spider-mans.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Khanstant posted:

control is like eating a really good banana split but they pranked ya and the ice cream scoops are actually chicken salad and then the guy who made it shrugs his shoulders like "what, everyone loves chicken salad" and then everyone at the table is also like "yeah, chicken salad is good and that chicken salad in particular is especially good"

how do you know the banana split is good if you're already eating it but its chicken salad

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ah yes I will definitely crank up God Mode when I play Control again

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

What is "doing evil" in the whimsical world of wizard 101? I feel like it's probably something rad, like making cool spider-mans.

Learning every bit of magic she can, especially the dangerous and corrupting shadow magic, and forming the Shadow Web, a military force she used to attack and destroy various worlds that would not give their magical knowledge and secrets up to her, be it leading the war on Celestia that ended in Celestia sinking beneath the ocean or destroying Azteca and attempting to genocide its native Aztecosaur inhabitants, as well as wanting to show up the headmaster of the wizard city magic academy by murdering him for not teaching her all the magic and, if she can't do that, at least murdering his star pupil aka the player.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

how do you know the banana split is good if you're already eating it but its chicken salad

I eat it from one end to the other, first bites are just banana and toppings and by the time you get to the plastic and ice cream bite the chicken salad has revealed itself to you

FirstAidKite posted:

Learning every bit of magic she can, especially the dangerous and corrupting shadow magic, and forming the Shadow Web, a military force she used to attack and destroy various worlds that would not give their magical knowledge and secrets up to her, be it leading the war on Celestia that ended in Celestia sinking beneath the ocean or destroying Azteca and attempting to genocide its native Aztecosaur inhabitants, as well as wanting to show up the headmaster of the wizard city magic academy by murdering him for not teaching her all the magic and, if she can't do that, at least murdering his star pupil aka the player.

so it's like a badass revenge flick, getting payback against all these jerks who wouldn't share that which can be freely shared.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dialog choices in visual novels are just word bullets you shoot at their emotions

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

so it's like a badass revenge flick, getting payback against all these jerks who wouldn't share that which can be freely shared.

Less badass revenge and more "let's not give magic nukes to the person who has plans to magically nuke existence"

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I am still upset I bought this game. In case you forgot it cost MORE than a DS game at the time on top of that bullshit

I'm still upset I rented it.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

SeXReX posted:

Dialog choices in visual novels are just word bullets you shoot at their emotions

Now you’re just describing Undertale

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey I got a fade-to-black sex scene in... Hades? Didn’t know they had it in them

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone gave me an avatar cert but I can't use it because I don't know the password because this account was gifted to me, and I can't reset the password because I don't know the email that was used to sign up for it.

I have never been so owned in my entire life.

e: this isnt peace thread but still, lol

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's also got that alligator fight, but yeah

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Khanstant posted:

I eat it from one end to the other, first bites are just banana and toppings and by the time you get to the plastic and ice cream bite the chicken salad has revealed itself to you

Oh I see and also :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

SeXReX posted:

Swords are just really slow bullets

Significant Yakuza LAD spoilers