Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bideo James posted:

thats just a normal looking disney princess

KIDDO
CHAMP
CHIEF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol at the math in this one:

quote:

Biden adviser Cedric Richmond clashed with MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan on air Thursday during a discussion about the health care provisions in the recently passed $1.9 trillion stimulus package.

During the conversation, which occurred on the 11th anniversary of the signing of the Affordable Care Act, Hasan asked Richmond why the stimulus package spends an estimated $35 billion on covering COBRA costs for around 2 million unemployed people for six months. He called COBRA an “inefficient, overpriced way of giving people health care.”

straight-up giveaway to private insurers, as are the increased aca subsidies.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I don't find Kamala Harris or people politically like her representative of me at all, but there are millions of other Democrats who definitely are and I intend to work for our wing of the party winning out.

It's a big tent.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

wasn't there something a few weeks ago about the dnc hiring propagandist groups like redwine to make lovely videos?

https://twitter.com/GaryGrumbach/status/1374550145107394561?s=20

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Fellatio del Toro posted:

"mental health startup"

"Microlearning delivered in the flow of work"

absolutely nightmarish, or the perfect liberal technocrat dream

I'm screaming inside my heart.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

cobra would have cost me over $1000 a month. i passed.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Willa Rogers posted:

How do people actually get the cobra subsidy? My partners friend said her husband was going on cobra between jobs and the bill for 2 months was going to be 10k. I was thinking aca would be better because I'd forgotten cobra is supposed to be subsidized but what good is it if you can't get it automatically

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

:stare:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The tara reade free speech zone is going to drive me insane.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
please remember that modern slavery using prison labour is bad, and that as a certified good person Kamala Harris would never be a slaver

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

But clearly there's no-

(medicare for all)

there's no better-

(the NHS)

NO BETTER WAY-

(literally every other country on the planet)

NO-CLAP-BETTER-CLAP-WAY

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

docbeard posted:

But clearly there's no-

(medicare for all)

there's no better-

(the NHS)

NO BETTER WAY-

(literally every other country on the planet)

NO-CLAP-BETTER-CLAP-WAY

MORE 👏WOMEN👏MEDICAL👏DEBT👏COLLECTORS👏

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Kamala harris, slave master

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

I had to do the math a few times because I didn't believe my initial results because surely nobody could be that stupid.

$35 billion for 2 million people to have healthcare for 1 year 6 months totals out to nearly $3000/month/person.

What the absolute gently caress

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 05:22 on Mar 24, 2021

Ezis
Oct 10, 2001

that’s when I checked out

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bootleg Trunks posted:

catch 'em catch 'em gotta catch 'em all

gotta catch 'em all, single parents

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yinlock posted:

catch 'em catch 'em gotta catch 'em all

gotta catch 'em all, single parents

I'm going with the theme song to "Bots Master," except replace "Bots" with...well you see where I'm going with this.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Democrat Party returning to its 1840s roots.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Bootleg Trunks posted:

three pinocchios, while harris worked to protect the conditions with which modern day slavery could continue to function, she herself did not own slaves

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Willa Rogers posted:

how many people would $35 billion cover for 6 months if it was just straight single payer i wonder

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm not sure what exactly "democrat party" is supposed to be a dogwhistle for.

It's obviously just said because democrats don't like it and it gets under their skin. that's not what a dogwhistle is though. democrat party is just a petty insult lol

like the whole point of a dogwhistle is only dogs can hear it lol no one is hiding their disdain for the democrat party when they say democrat party

it's supposed to be insulting because it implies that you don't think that the party is actually democratic in practice

that said, the democrat party has rather proven the accusation to be true, so democrat party it is

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Raiad posted:

three pinocchios, while harris worked to protect the conditions with which modern day slavery could continue to function, she herself did not own slaves

MOSTLY FALSE

What’s True

Kamala Harris advocated to keep people in bondage to make use of their compelled labor.

What’s False

The practice is not called slavery but instead referred to as incarceration

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

sullat posted:

Upon learning that the Democrats have once again become Jacksonian, an elated Steve Bannon rushes to change his party preference.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HashtagGirlboss posted:

MOSTLY FALSE

What’s True

Kamala Harris advocated to keep people in bondage to make use of their compelled labor.

What’s False

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Bernie lost the primaries therefore kamala is innocent

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

sullat posted:

Look, it's a long-standing Arkansas tradition

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Boy, that loophole to the 13th amendment is a real doozy.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/fuckinalpamare/status/1374566853385756678?s=19

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

HashtagGirlboss posted:

MOSTLY FALSE

What’s True

What’s False

The thirteenth specifically allowed slavery "as a punishment for crime". It's not something else, prison labor is literally slavery.

e: should've refreshed, beaten by majorian

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

I had to do the math a few times because I didn't believe my initial results because surely nobody could be that stupid.

$35 billion for 2 million people to have healthcare for 1 year totals out to nearly $3000/month/person.

What the absolute gently caress

it's only thru september, lol.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

$6000/month for the best healthcare in the world, not counting the deductibles + copays.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Pobrecito posted:

how many people would $35 billion cover for 6 months if it was just straight single payer i wonder

more than 2 million, probably.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
$6000 a month sounds about right for the dumbass stupidity that is COBRA. Which is why it's real funny when "progressives" like AOC cheer on a six month subsidy to help pay for a cost that shouldn't exist. Especially when she campaigned on universal healthcare but is now eagerly agreeing with the health insurance industry that owns this country.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

:eyepop:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Excelzior posted:

The thirteenth specifically allowed slavery "as a punishment for crime". It's not something else, prison labor is literally slavery.

e: should've refreshed, beaten by majorian

Yes that is a compelling counter argument but have you considered that was the whole point of the joke?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

really hope he doesn't delete that one it's a banger

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lol gently caress you Jack

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

never made the connection that Michael Moore is getfiscal until now

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The ACA ran ads today on the baseball station I was watching, and it at one point says that a family of three can have their $1400 a month premium be reduced to only $400 a month with 'financial help'. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

$6000/month for the best healthcare in the world, not counting the deductibles + copays.

I typoed, meant to say 6 months not 1 year. Hilariously it was because I initially multiplied by .5 years, but thought the number would look better expressed monthly rather than per year. Tried to make it more readable and ended up making it less. $3k/month is still stupid though