Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

RasperFat posted:

https://twitter.com/jonwalkerdc/status/1374768785027072001?s=21

It’s amazing how easily media personalities slip into gaslighting.

Biden has been working to make every popular policy shittier, but somehow he’s implementing a populist strategy.

hello i need the most popular policies you have

*offers m4a and weed legalization*

no that's too popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

kal penn is turning in his grave

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I'm going to assume that this is part of some consultant's strategy to silence criticism of Biden "from the left" by seeding the rumor that Joe just gets really gassed up on being seen as a big change maker, so if you want to push him left you actually shouldn't criticize but instead cheer him on.

Hooray Joe! Keep going! We love you! Yay!

But it’s just so loving brazen.

He specifically coordinated negotiating the relief checks down from $2000 to make the bill more “affordable” and get Republicans on board, of which approximately zero voted for the bill.

He’s doing the exact same dogshit triangulation as Obama.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i think unless you're a bonafide brain and proving it since you were a teenager, not trying weed at least once OR never working retail/food service/manual laborer should disqualify from you having any control over somebody

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
what was that Biden quote from a few months ago about "we can't do too much"? now he's asking if historians why he needs to pare back his policies?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

20 Blunts posted:

i think unless you're a bonafide brain and proving it since you were a teenager, not trying weed at least once OR never working retail/food service/manual laborer should disqualify from you having any control over somebody

Federal law enforcement is full of Mormons now because normal people have all been disqualified by weed rules.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Out of curiosity how many elections has kamala harris won, because back when hillary was running people pretended she was a master campaigner despite only winning two basically uncontested elections and a primary that she almost lost to some old man nobody had heard of

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

seems like playing chess against someone whos playing checkers is a sure way to get loving owned. they're just jumping your poo poo left and right and have like 6 queens while your pawn is stuck and one of your bishops cant do poo poo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Kamala didnt lose a single state during the primary

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

No, but she'd at least not lose and would put off the fash takeover another 4 years.

The Fash already run our country, we're running concentration camps for an ethnic minority and the police are an offical roving death squad for other ethnic minorities and the occasional poor white. The only difference is we b jump back and forth between b people who pretend we're not a fascist hell state and those that think we're not enough of a fascist hell state

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Breakfast All Day posted:

seems like playing chess against someone whos playing checkers is a sure way to get loving owned. they're just jumping your poo poo left and right and have like 6 queens while your pawn is stuck and one of your bishops cant do poo poo

excellent analogy for the topic of this thread, really

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

He plays Dark Souls while other cooler people play Dark Souls 2

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

biden on the morning press office call: listen here fat my name is theodore. my friend, he touched my legs, he says im fluffy like a bear. back when, back when i could shoot a b...bison...they called me teddy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/TerryWatkinsJr1/status/1373387124511244290

lmao

khive seething with rage, blocking people left and right: I refuse to engage in outrage politics

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/KellyScaletta/status/1374772516732997635?s=20

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

lol it owns that this loving rodent was ahead of the eventual president and he got squeezed out by party machinery in action and then turned down a position where he'd actually have the material capacity to build himself all kinds of intraparty alliances and loyalty and poo poo but opted for a job where he can post pictures of train lines that will never be built

but no no Pete is totally a strategic supergenius and definitely not an overeducated apple-polisher

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2020/12/09/frustration-builds-as-bidens-cabinet-includes-no-lgbtq-picks/

quote:

Meanwhile, Buttigieg — widely assumed to be a top contender for a Cabinet post in the Biden administration — has reportedly turned down two prominent roles.

In talks with the Biden transition team, one Democratic insider said the idea of Buttigieg becoming White House OMB director came up, but he rejected it and said he wanted a “real Cabinet” position, not a “staff-level” job. Buttigieg wasn’t formally offered the role because the idea was more a discussion with senior members of the transition team, the insider said.

Additionally, Buttigieg in separate talks on Monday signaled to Annise Parker, CEO of the LGBTQ Victory Institute, that he won’t pursue the position of secretary of Veterans Affairs, according to two senior Democratic sources, despite media reports he was in consideration for the job.

unbelievable.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

we really don't talk enough how lovely this lady is.

'if it was legal federally it'd be different but I don't think I have anything else for you'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

he's so loving stupid it's amazing

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

sexpig by night posted:

'if it was legal federally it'd be different but I don't think I have anything else for you'

yes, the executive branch is famous for never doing anything that's illegal federally even if they want to

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Biden's first press conference is going to be boring as gently caress tomorrow isn't it? They've had to have sorted out anything like a righ question and it'll just end the second they think the brain cocktail he's on is wearing off

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

sexpig by night posted:

It's even funnier that other people got NOTHING for dropping out. Warren, Klob, Yang.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao I look forward to watching him repeatedly run and then eat poo poo.

He's the next joe biden

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

VA is a career killer, DOT gets to hand out kickbacks to party leaders in key primary states. doesnt seem that dumb to me.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

KomradeX posted:

Biden's first press conference is going to be boring as gently caress tomorrow isn't it? They've had to have sorted out anything like a righ question and it'll just end the second they think the brain cocktail he's on is wearing off

yeah, I'm sure he'll say something insane but he lacks the energy and power of a Trump so it's going to be boring as poo poo. anything funny will get covered

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

sexpig by night posted:

But actually since she isnt a fox news blond shes good actually. Sit down, berner #psakibomb

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Vim Fuego posted:

It's even funnier that other people got NOTHING for dropping out. Warren, Klob, Yang.

I forgot that yang blurted out that he was getting a cabinet position last year.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

KomradeX posted:

Yeah there's absolutely no way they allow anyone that could possibly ask a reasonable question there. It's going to be a bunch of "exactly how awesome is the Rescue America plan? Super awesome or merely mega awesome?" He's clearly able to make it through a managed presser and read well enough when given a huge leadup and frankly the expectation he's going to collapse helps him immensely when he meets that standard.

They MIGHT allow a question about the border in order to give an incredibly prepared answer to which there will be no follow ups allowed so they can say the issue has been addressed.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Kamala right now:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Eggplant Squire posted:

Yeah there's absolutely no way they allow anyone that could possibly ask a reasonable question there. It's going to be a bunch of "exactly how awesome is the Rescue America plan? Super awesome or merely mega awesome?" He's clearly able to make it through a managed presser and read well enough when given a huge leadup and frankly the expectation he's going to collapse helps him immensely when he meets that standard.

They MIGHT allow a question about the border in order to give an incredibly prepared answer to which there will be no follow ups allowed so they can say the issue has been addressed.

even better you know 100% they're going to allow some rightwing idiot to ask some stupid question so the media can focus on rude journalists as the headline to prove he doesn't ever need to do another one

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

even better you know 100% they're going to allow some rightwing idiot to ask some stupid question so the media can focus on rude journalists as the headline to prove he doesn't ever need to do another one

Yeah I didn't think about that. Probably has some generic shut down like "C'mon man!" prepped for whatever dumbass question that person asks for some red meat to the base.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

PostNouveau posted:

AOC's the only hope against the looming disaster of the Harris 2024 campaign losing 40 states to Trump, but I don't think she's got it in her anymore.

Yeah, AOC is in a primo grift position, probably understands that she is powerless to change things and is prepared to settle in for a decades long career as a Do-nothing political celebrity

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/CuomoWhitmer24/status/1374766042073927684

gotta say, OP delivers

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Jodi_LVK/status/1374700686227746819

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Eggplant Squire posted:

Yeah I didn't think about that. Probably has some generic shut down like "C'mon man!" prepped for whatever dumbass question that person asks for some red meat to the base.

“C’mon man, I heard you liked me.”

*thunderous applause from beltway journalists

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Shipon posted:

reparations is the perfect idpol lib fixation because it's completely untenable in practice and brings up some extremely awful ideas about what constitutes race in this country if you insist on qualifying people for them. you basically need to do race science to find out if someone "receives" them.

any reparations program that avoids that would basically just be tantamount to a welfare program that focuses on black-majority communities. which isn't a bad thing at all but if you're using "we need to give reparations for slavery" as a cudgel against universal programs you're opening the door for some real ugly poo poo

The thing that sort of bugs me is that, even though material/monetary reparations based off of race would probably be better than nothing at all, it's sort of pointlessly specific and ironically carries an implication that wealth/income is, outside of some things like race, tied to merit.

Basically, the wealth/income people have is generally the end result of a multitude of vectors of inequality, both tied to things like race/gender and things like "being born into a poor family" or just "bad luck." There's a strong implication to liberal opinions on this stuff that, if you're not a part of certain demographics, the economy is essentially fair (and that it's your own fault for being poor if you're not a member of certain demographic groups).

Put another way, we can very easily see the "net sum" of all vectors of inequality for any given person by just looking at their wealth/income. There's no need to split things up by race or gender, because at the end of the day a person who is equally poor to another person had the same end outcome.

So there's no reason to not just do universal reparations, since our society/economy isn't remotely fair and no one "deserves" to be poor (or rich). There's no need to open the can of worms of "who is technically black" or whatever.

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe

wow incredible, he can lose at chess too???

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Why are children commenting on a hill article?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/SmokeySam4/status/1374699889196740613

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lol does he have a picture of his own face hanging in his room?

Vaush just gives extremely strong "bad person" vibes for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

it's gonna be Harris/Pete 2024 and Pete/Someone Even Worse 2028 after Kamala eats poo poo in 2024

the Kamala / Pete ticket is the ultimate idpol ticket that the Dems will convince themselves is too perfect to fail, since they are young and progressive and hip and if you don't support them you're racist, sexist, AND bigoted against the LGBTQ+ community

it loving rocks