Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Droyer posted:

If you'll excuse a little indulgence:

Dianauts

Max-01

Max-02

Max-02 in attack mode

Max-02 equipped with absolute Cyclone Cannon

Pod Grander

Pod Grander can store a Dianaut on a bike in each of its treads (no bikes come with the set though)

Put Max-02 into the back of Pod Grander and attach Max-01 to the front to form Rhino Grander

Combine Max-01 and 02 to form the M.A.V. (Multiple Attack Vehicle). At this point things may start seeming familiar.

Attach Pod Grander to the back to form Scramble Link Mode.

Transform the M.A.V. to form Battle Convoy V-Max

Handsome face

Equipped with his V-Max Armor Rifles.

With Max-02's Cockpit Module and the leg armor arranged differently (observe the gray in the middle of the blue legs, just like Optimus.)

Combined with Versriser 01.

Combined with Versriser 02.

Combined with Versriser 03.

You can swap its and Diabattles V2's arms.

And you can also go a bit crazy.

The Pod Grander opens up into the Large Mobile Base

Closeup of its command module.

Which can extend into a tower.

And lower to the floor.

And detach to become the D.F.O. (Directive Flying Orbiter)

And finally the base a bit more furnished. You get way more stuff than this and you can customize it basically however you want.

Those are great shots of Battle Convoy. I got mine in the mail over the weekend. I was expecting the bikes since they showed up in the promo vid and some promo shots but its not a deal break. Its a hefty boy but I love all the transformation methods and aesthetics. I spent way too long customizing the inside of the base so that it could hold Max-02 inside the trailer while also being able to fold out to a set up base. This is the first time I've bought a Diaclone and I might need to collect more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The bikes are extremely :3:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those aren't something I collect so I love seeing those posts.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Those diaclones are super cool.

I got BW Megatron today, and he's a total mess with lots of gaps, but the toy still rules

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhyno posted:

Those aren't something I collect so I love seeing those posts.

Big same. I agonize over indulging in the rare transformers/gi joe purchases I make* so I appreciate collectors like yourself and the few others who choose to go whole hog on their collections.

*no shade, my money goes to clothes, shoes and accessories - we all have our vices lol

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man, I don't collect anymore, but I might still need that new Galvatron.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Goddamn, those diaclones would have been my jam all day long as a kid. Hell, they’re giving me feelings now.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Revolver Bunker posted:

Those are great shots of Battle Convoy. I got mine in the mail over the weekend. I was expecting the bikes since they showed up in the promo vid and some promo shots but its not a deal break. Its a hefty boy but I love all the transformation methods and aesthetics. I spent way too long customizing the inside of the base so that it could hold Max-02 inside the trailer while also being able to fold out to a set up base. This is the first time I've bought a Diaclone and I might need to collect more.

They're all very nice but they tend to run out of stock quickly and they can get pricy on the aftermarket.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
That whole photoset mostly made me think of XPanders.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Love those Diaclone pics, Droyer.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
INFERNO PAAAAANCH

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Multi-part question:

Does anyone here have APC-Toys APC-05 Angel Engine (TF Prime Arcee)? Is she worth getting, if I've got both the First Edition and RID versions of Arcee?

Second part - if so, it looks like every seller offering her on ebay is in China, so what are the chance those are all KOs (and thus, poo poo)?

Edit— looking at some comparison videos, she looks essentially identical to the First Edition version? How did the 3P company get away with that?

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 23, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's just a high end KO, those have been around for ages.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Well I mean, I have Wei-Jiang OSKOs of MP-10 and Evasion Optimus and they’re generally upgrades over the original toys in terms of size, build quality/materials, detail, transformation, accessories, etc.

Angel Engine looks like she’s literally the same as the original toy?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
APCs other releases are just slightly improved KOs of the originals. There's lots of this sort of thing. WJ did a slightly modified KO of PotP Predaking but I was basically a 1 to 1 copy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Apparently they’ve fixed the peg issue that plagued Grapple.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/RedlineSSB/status/1374430140915093506

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I ordered a macross vf-27 renewal jet with super parts. It arrived yesterday, with an arm broken. Messaged the Japanese seller and let them know about it, and they gave me a full refund, no parts return necessary.
A different seller has the same renewal jet minus the super parts for a significant amount less, so I ordered it and now I have the credit left to buy mp arcee and leader megs from kingdom

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 23, 2021

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Anil Dikshit posted:

I ordered a macross vf-27 renewal jet with super parts. It arrived yesterday, with an arm broken. Messaged the Japanese seller and let them know about it, and they gave me a full refund, no parts return necessary.
A different seller has the same renewal jet minus the super parts for a significant amount less, so I ordered it and now I have the credit left to buy mp arcee and leader megs from kingdom

If it can still go into Jet mode with the broken arm, sounds to me like you now can display it in both Jet and Battroid modes once you get the second one

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

If it can still go into Jet mode with the broken arm, sounds to me like you now can display it in both Jet and Battroid modes once you get the second one

If only I had that kind of space. I got a lot of valkyries.

3 G1 jetfires with 1.5 sets of armor,
A 1/60 ko firevalkyrie 90s version
A 1/60 ko blitzvalkyrie 90s version
3 1/100 toynami vf1s, 2 with super parts, max, Mireya, Rick hunter color schemes
A 1/100 Bandai vf1 elintseeker himetal R
A 1/100 Bandai vf2ss with SAP (major nexx)
A Yamato 1/60 Elintseeker vf1 version 1
An Arcadia vf1 Miriya 1/60 with super parts and the armored parts
A 1/72 Yamato v1 vf21
A Bandai 1/60 vf-25 with Elint dish
A Bandai 1/60 vf-29 renewal version with super parts
A Bandai 1/60 vf-31 with dish

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I regret not grabbing those Toynami ones when I saw them on Amazon. They were cheap enough to have been worth the risk.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

I regret not grabbing those Toynami ones when I saw them on Amazon. They were cheap enough to have been worth the risk.

They kinda suck. The plastic is pretty lovely.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anil Dikshit posted:

A 1/72 Yamato v1 vf21

Dang, that's an old cut. I remember taping Macross Plus off of Teletoon (like, with a VHS), and then getting excited from the 640x480 pictures of the original Yamato YF-19 on some old web1.0 site a year later, and then I never actually bought one.

(I did get the Yamato 1/60 YF-19, -21, and VF-11 a bunch later)

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Anil Dikshit posted:

If only I had that kind of space. I got a lot of valkyries.

3 G1 jetfires with 1.5 sets of armor,
A 1/60 ko firevalkyrie 90s version
A 1/60 ko blitzvalkyrie 90s version
3 1/100 toynami vf1s, 2 with super parts, max, Mireya, Rick hunter color schemes
A 1/100 Bandai vf1 elintseeker himetal R
A 1/100 Bandai vf2ss with SAP (major nexx)
A Yamato 1/60 Elintseeker vf1 version 1
An Arcadia vf1 Miriya 1/60 with super parts and the armored parts
A 1/72 Yamato v1 vf21
A Bandai 1/60 vf-25 with Elint dish
A Bandai 1/60 vf-29 renewal version with super parts
A Bandai 1/60 vf-31 with dish

I've eyed Macross valkyries for years but its a slippery slope I don't know if I want to slide into. Though I'm still kicking myself that I missed the change to order the Koenig Monster from Macross Frontier. Last time I saw it used from Japan it was well over $300.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Phy posted:

(I did get the Yamato 1/60 YF-19, -21, and VF-11 a bunch later)

These are the only Macross things I kept after purging a bunch of stuff. Just gorgeous representations of the best Macross designs of all time.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Anil Dikshit posted:

They kinda suck. The plastic is pretty lovely.
That's what I was told by the people who had Yamatos, but as someone who just wanted a toy to play with and having seen the size of a partial one in a local nerd shop I feel like I should have dropped the €60 or so for the set of three.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

WJ did a slightly modified KO of PotP Predaking but I was basically a 1 to 1 copy.
Why?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Because China likes knockoffs.

Unicron due Friday, we'll see if Pulse actually ships it to the correct address. And if I can be here to sign for it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

One of my childhood friends is descending into the collector sickness, and he apparently bought the Jinbao knock-off Bruticus and he hates it, claiming it was loose and floppy and his feet wouldn't stay on and he could barely stand up for fear of toppling and breaking.

What would y'all say the best version of Bruticus is?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The MMC is the best, hands down. The Zeta is bigger but the limb bot modes are not good. Also some people are crybabies about pants forming. MMC all the way.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/toygrind/status/1374726926347157508

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

The MMC is the best, hands down. The Zeta is bigger but the limb bot modes are not good. Also some people are crybabies about pants forming. MMC all the way.

Transformation videos have become one of my vices, and the MMC lads look so goshdarn good. I'm not gonna get them ever, cause, no space and it'd be a crime to buy that much transformer and never play with it, but they did a real nice job.

Speaking of, I gotta watch the videos for Fanstoys' Thomas and Maverick again. I feel like they both go really hard on having a lot of components whooshing through space, barely connected to the rest of the transformer save by a thin, floppy linkage, and a part of my brain says "how is that not essentially partsforming" but I want to keep track of what ends up where before I start spittin' hot takes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Steve Vader posted:

One of my childhood friends is descending into the collector sickness, and he apparently bought the Jinbao knock-off Bruticus and he hates it, claiming it was loose and floppy and his feet wouldn't stay on and he could barely stand up for fear of toppling and breaking.

What would y'all say the best version of Bruticus is?

Also I would probably sell my set if you want to middle man it to you friend.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I don't generally buy toys because I have enough plastic crap of other kinds lying around but I decided to pick up the War for Cybertron Soundwave battle 3-pack and man. It's so good. An almost perfect version of the Soundwave I wanted as a kid, and no-where near the cost of the Masterpiece.

Love the light piping on the eyes, the fact you can plug Lazerbeak into his arm so you don't have to rely on just the legs, the solid joints and chunky build, it's great.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The legs clip into the little slots too. Not sure if you can do both at once though.

ETA: you cannot, at least on the STE GE one.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 24, 2021

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Arquinsiel posted:

The legs clip into the little slots too. Not sure if you can do both at once though.

ETA: you cannot, at least on the STE GE one.

I found the slots for the legs didn't clip all that firmly, easier to just use the central peg, even if it doesn't look as good

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Dinobot's raptor mode isn't perfect but I have to admit the transformation is fairly ingenious. Also between Megatron, Dinobot, and Paleotrex, these are some of the best dino head sculpts I've seen in any line, ever.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I see that Soundwave for $80. Is that it's legit price? Yikes.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Comfortador posted:

MSRP is $40 but it's a Walmart exclusive so there's definite scalping in play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Comfortador posted:

It's not the retail price but it was a sought after Wal-mart exclusive so you know how it goes :\