Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

well poo poo then who am I thinking of that got droned

:thunk:

edit: :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mdemone posted:

well poo poo then who am I thinking of that got droned

:thunk:

His 16-year-old son.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

what a world where these mix-ups occur

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Well, to be fair, Nawar and Abdulrahman were only half-siblings, so it's impossible to tell if it was bad or not for the Presidents to murder these children in cold blood.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Chamale posted:

I was just thinking about the moon landings and realized that each rocket would need a thousand tonnes of oil and even more natural gas to make its fuel. There's no way the moon landings were faked, because if they were, we'd have heard the oil companies whining.

not if they’re getting those big contracts with the government. as long as their names are part of the conversation and they’re getting paid I don’t think they would give a poo poo.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The_Rob posted:

not if they’re getting those big contracts with the government. as long as their names are part of the conversation and they’re getting paid I don’t think they would give a poo poo.

I'd be overjoyed to get paid for oil that I didn't even need to give to the government

nut
Jul 30, 2019

relevant to such stealing, i was reading up on ralph parsons (owner of a military contractor heavily involved in human radiation weapons testing) and saw a nice encapsulation of what I assume happens more often than note

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I'm still working through Behind the Fog and its staggering. In the forties, introducing the concept of accidental exposure to radioactive "fallout" (a term generated for this purpose) in publications to hide intentional exposure of humans to radiation, the melding of military and industry to create the modern nuclear energy industry starting with Monsanto's proposal to make dual-energy nuclear plants, where they'd receive money and enriched uranium to generate plutonium for military testing and sell the energy along the way all on taxpayer dollars, project gabriel and project sunshine, where human tissue (dead homeless cadavers, thyroid glands, stillborns) was illegally acquired worldwide through help from the rockefeller foundation connections to (publicly) report natural radium levels and (privately) track artificially generated nucleotide levels, the AEC having hidden up to 95 additional nuclear bomb tests before the 90s mainly by just triggering them at the same time as recognized nuclear tests.

I'm dying here.

e:

nut has issued a correction as of 19:33 on Mar 23, 2021

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Backweb posted:

Ghislane in here posting under the name Riot Bimbo.
Mods???

this made me laugh, but truly I'm just a dumb goon that got into that scene after a lifetime of gender dysphoria making me unable to comprehend my own sexuality. It has genuinely helped me heal some of the damage and I know this subject is touchy at best on this forum, but I truly think those sorts of scenes can foster a spirit of camaraderie and foster the healing of certain types of wounds in a way that's hard to get from more traditional dynamics.

But I'll go no further about this subject here.

just laughed at the thought of an A/T thread about that scene though.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Danger posted:

does anyone listen to the Dateline podcast? they pretty much just take the audio of past episodes and release them as a podcast on a weekly basis. it’s great for background noise or whatever and generic true crime intrigue. however, about halfway through the one from last week called Deception I got a big ol crack ping that I thought this thread would enjoy.

btw here's a transcript of this episode. The real meat of what Danger is referring to starts around 51 min

https://www.happyscribe.com/public/dateline-nbc/deception-03412d7a-d75d-4127-ab26-afd63f2c53da

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Just tell me where it is and who's involved so I can better avoid it. Thanking you in advance!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Thanks for the rec on the McVeigh book, posters! Arrived today along with another title that might interest the thread:

"Saucers, Spooks, and Kooks" by Adam Gorightly. UFOs, of course, an up to date accounting of the govt's UFO disinfo program that led to the modern UFO conspiracy matrix of abductions/cattle mutilations/Dulce Base.

Can't wait to tuck into both.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Really great article by psychologist Stephen Soldz about the leadership board of the American Psychological Association resisting any and all call to end APA-certified psychologists’ involvement with military-sanctioned torture. Despite the body of the APA overwhelmingly voting for an end to psychology’s complicity in detainee torture as in gitmo, the Board went from apology to denial to historical revision to keep the possibility of militarized psychology alive.

Here’s a quote to show what the actual APA members are trying to stop:

“Included in the field of operational psychology are such activities as developing plans to destroy people’s reputations using false rumors on the Internet; hostage negotiations; research studies in which military service members are falsely led to believe that they are about to die; developing strategies to increase resistance to breaking under torture for military members at high risk of capture; consulting on drone targeting; and personnel selection for high-risk specialties, such as special forces or espionage.”

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/03/23/is-the-american-psychological-association-undermining-its-own-policies-on-guantanamo-and-torture/

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
👁️⃤

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1374712314268692482?s=19

lmao, what the gently caress reality

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

McVeigh post!

Lol. right after the bombing (4/19/95), the FBI tracked down the men in McVeigh's COHORT unit from the Gulf War and took all their service mementos, medical records, picture IDs, SSN cards, and anything service-related they could find.

in September 1995, the FBI got a grand jury subpoena for the post-Gulf medical records of one of McVeigh's squad mates.

just lmao

edit: also if you did not know this somehow yet, the U.S. did very nasty things to Iraqis as well as our own troops during that war. Jesus, and I mean Jesus Christ :stare:

mdemone has issued a correction as of 21:18 on Mar 24, 2021

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/MoodyKnowsNada/status/1374949623668805636

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/woofexistence/status/1374986832329510914?s=21

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Inverted Icon posted:

Oh man, I'm logged into my university. I didn't realize you needed credentials to read it(some are like that) or I would have chosen different excerpts.

In a reliably and controllable way, hypnosis can

-paralyze you
-forge false memories and/or induce amnesia
-deaden you to pain (straight up surgery under hypnosis)
-induce hallucinations
-select what holds your attention
-other stuff that's hard for me to parse but has to do with stuff adjacent to what's already mentiond

This is a result of numerous research group efforts ongoing up to the present day.

In clinical research, hypnosis is used as a tool to study syndromes and stuff. So, they'll hypnotize someone into an out of body experience, look at the brain scans, and say 'hey, that's the part of the brain we poke to make epileptics feel the same thing!'. In clinical therapy, it's an aid to CBT, with some studies showing like 70% increase in smoking cessation and like compared to control groups only doing CBT.

As for the sensation of being hypnotized, there are two stages: induction and suggestion. The induction is what puts you into 'the state'. They don't go into too much detail here that I can pick up, but they do mention that of all the different reported methods of induction, theyre basically indistinguishable in effect. Then, they suggest to you. From here, this is my understandig, which is undoubtable rough. The suggestions can be no stronger than non-hypnotized in effect, but because you're in the induced state, if fucks with how you monitor yourself. So, you have the perception that you're body is acting under an outside agency. For instance, practitioners don't say "move your hand up" they say "your hand moves up" to reinforce the idea that the hand moves under it's own power, separate from the agency of the hand's owner. Reinforcement of this idea can even help put you into the state, with the expectation of being put under the power of hypnosis facilitating hypnotic induction, where researchers noted an increase in suggestibility just with the use of the word 'hypnosis'.

Theory and research are often backed up with fMRI data and other brain-imaging techiques.

Published 2017, journal impact factor: 8.31 (a serious paper, not a bullshit one)

I read that lovely Psychic Warriors book from the guy who claimed to have been employed by the military to psychically scan battlefields and the only good thing about it was the induction process, which was a long affair at first then just just concentrated to a chair in a featureless room and a person sayimg coordinates from another room.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/mengonbell/status/1375022378552549378?s=19

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mdemone posted:

McVeigh post!

Lol. right after the bombing (4/19/95), the FBI tracked down the men in McVeigh's COHORT unit from the Gulf War and took all their service mementos, medical records, picture IDs, SSN cards, and anything service-related they could find.

in September 1995, the FBI got a grand jury subpoena for the post-Gulf medical records of one of McVeigh's squad mates.

just lmao

edit: also if you did not know this somehow yet, the U.S. did very nasty things to Iraqis as well as our own troops during that war. Jesus, and I mean Jesus Christ :stare:

yeh the armored bulldozers story stuck with me

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

nut posted:

I'm still working through Behind the Fog and its staggering. In the forties, introducing the concept of accidental exposure to radioactive "fallout" (a term generated for this purpose) in publications to hide intentional exposure of humans to radiation, the melding of military and industry to create the modern nuclear energy industry starting with Monsanto's proposal to make dual-energy nuclear plants, where they'd receive money and enriched uranium to generate plutonium for military testing and sell the energy along the way all on taxpayer dollars, project gabriel and project sunshine, where human tissue (dead homeless cadavers, thyroid glands, stillborns) was illegally acquired worldwide through help from the rockefeller foundation connections to (publicly) report natural radium levels and (privately) track artificially generated nucleotide levels, the AEC having hidden up to 95 additional nuclear bomb tests before the 90s mainly by just triggering them at the same time as recognized nuclear tests.

I'm dying here.

e:

didn’t they transport a bunch of nuclear waste to Alaska and dump it on a spot they were going to use a nuclear weapon to “make a harbor” but it was to observe the effects of contamination on the Alaskan indigenous peoples living in the area. they never detonated the nuke and “forgot” about the waste for 30 years.

edit: project chariot, I got the sequence of events wrong but the gist is correct.

or maybe not, https://allthatsinteresting.com/project-chariot

seems like they deliberately contaminated some folks

Torpor has issued a correction as of 18:54 on Mar 25, 2021

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Also a few months ago I took the effort to read through the reports relating to every declassified nuclear weapons related industrial site that had contamination issues between something like 1945-1960. Basically in the 90s they promised some cash to people who had cancer and worked at one of the facilities during a time period we can’t confirm they weren’t given cancer by the work. So they made a report for each facility detailing those gaps.

the tldr is “can’t claim you got cancer from us if we refuse to measure anything”

so lots of cases where it would be “steel mill processed uranium metals for AEC, no measurements or dust controls. Totally cleaned it up in 49. Oops turns out we didn’t and needed to re-clean it up in 67. Ooops turns out we didn’t and we need to re-clean it up in 86.”

Also a number of criticality incidents that aren’t in the general record of them.

Luckily the companies were all given immunity from legal repercussions.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

maybe General Electric’s Harford facility? in the book they mention AEC operators dressing up as life insurance agents to claim workers were getting physicals for insurance reasons but it was just testing the long term effects of radiation. I think it was just a proposal

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i say

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

can't tell if this is pro Hillary or not.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

So Stephen paddock, domestic gladio op or frustrated gambler...?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

did he ever meet jolly west?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

did he ever meet jolly west?

at this point the list of people who haven't met Dr. West would probably be shorter

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I can get down with the gun running gone wrong theory

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

I had no idea that many witnesses who saw other shooters died after posting their accounts

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Neither did I. Where are you finding that?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Neither did I. Where are you finding that?

i haven't finished it but I'm assuming it's the 3 hour TrueAnon about Mandalay that just dropped

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
What does this thread think about Darren Seals?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I tried to present Operation Gladio to a PYF thread but I wasn't able to catch anyone's attention:

Former DILF posted:

one of the hot new conspiracies is the Propaganda Due/Operation Gladio rabbit hole

Highlights include notorious figures like:

Hitler in Argentina

Nazi James Bond

A talented rocket boi

German Pablo Escobar

Allen Dulles, Director of the CIA from 1953 to 1961

but it all starts with the "unholy alliance"

Broad strokes: this book presents evidence that the USA/NATO in cooperation with the Vatican and Organized Crime created not only fascist stay behind networks to physically combat the USSR in europe, but also -- as this book details -- allegedly committed false flags acts of terror to promote conservative political discourse as an ideological bulwark for the same goal. From what we know, this was a part of a strategy of "tension", to keep people on their toes, afraid, and voting more conservative.

Now this isn't exactly in the realm of "conspiracy theory" there's a great deal of evidence, there's a whole wikipedia article about this stay-behind network

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio

e: if you don't want to buy the book this wiki page has 96 individual references and 15 works cited in "further reading" or just ask me I'll try to explain best as I can

that's fine, but it gave me a weird idea:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Former DILF posted:

haha wow these are some great finds, i personally love the mothman

hey i have an idea, what if I were to put together a "blind box" figurine set of rare war criminals, shadow spies, secret nazis that kind of thing

basically Funkos for CSPAM nite crew.

I'm gonna try to expand on the Gladio Cinematic Universe later in this thread but it seems like this thread knows what it likes

- -

I guess this is a kind of a weather balloon, is anyone else willing to "expand on the Gladio Cinematic Universe" in this insane way I've devised

I figure now that I've thought of it, it's going to happen anyway so I might as well do it

Former DILF has issued a correction as of 12:17 on Mar 27, 2021

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Danger posted:

I can get down with the gun running gone wrong theory

can you expand on this? haven't heard that one before

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Trading cards with their elaborate and ridiculous backstories that properly tie them into Gladio, imo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tubgoat posted:

Trading cards with their elaborate and ridiculous backstories that properly tie them into Gladio, imo.

MtG for the CIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

some of the thread's greatest hits all in one

https://twitter.com/FalunJimmy/status/1375931161562726401?s=20