Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I entertained the thought of trying to complete Pillars of Eternity next, but unfortunately one achievement is tied to having backed the game on Kickstarter. Shame.

I've been thinking of having one completed game of each genre for my Steam showcase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Nioh 2 pops like 80% of the trophies (Nioh 1 is the same way) but it takes only takes like two hours to pop the missing trophies.

The big factor in the auto pop is if the game supports save transfer. Yakuza Like a Dragon won't, so I held off playing that game until the PS5 version. Crash 4 does have a save transfer so it'll probably auto pop.

So that being said, would the auto-pop go the other direction?

My dilemma is for FF7R and the announced PS5 update; I was about to do my hard mode play through in the next month on the PS4 version and put that platinum to bed.

Assuming I plat the PS4 version that would presumably auto pop in PS5, but my broke galaxy brain wouldn’t do much playing of the PS5 version if I had all the trophies. However, if it works the other way around I’d gladly hold off and get the PS5 plat if it will pop the PS4 trophies. I kind of doubt it, though.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Anti-Hero posted:

So that being said, would the auto-pop go the other direction?

My dilemma is for FF7R and the announced PS5 update; I was about to do my hard mode play through in the next month on the PS4 version and put that platinum to bed.

Assuming I plat the PS4 version that would presumably auto pop in PS5, but my broke galaxy brain wouldn’t do much playing of the PS5 version if I had all the trophies. However, if it works the other way around I’d gladly hold off and get the PS5 plat if it will pop the PS4 trophies. I kind of doubt it, though.

Again it even depends on the game. The spiders men's games only transfer from ps4 to ps5. Same for No Man's Sky.

Nioh 2 allows for transfers in either direction. So I was able to play ps5 then backport to ps4 and pop it.

I would say there's a good chance that ff7r only goes from ps4 to ps5 and it probably will auto pop trophies.

The reason is the ps5 ff7r is the only one with yuffie dlc. Maybe they don't want to risk that invalid data going back to ps4.

If you're not gonna do multiple playthroughs I think you should port your ps4 ff7r to ps5 and then get the platinum there. If you're only getting the platinum once, why not double up on the rest of the trophies and get ps5 plat?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Again it even depends on the game. The spiders men's games only transfer from ps4 to ps5. Same for No Man's Sky.

Nioh 2 allows for transfers in either direction. So I was able to play ps5 then backport to ps4 and pop it.

I would say there's a good chance that ff7r only goes from ps4 to ps5 and it probably will auto pop trophies.

The reason is the ps5 ff7r is the only one with yuffie dlc. Maybe they don't want to risk that invalid data going back to ps4.

If you're not gonna do multiple playthroughs I think you should port your ps4 ff7r to ps5 and then get the platinum there. If you're only getting the platinum once, why not double up on the rest of the trophies and get ps5 plat?

Ideally I want to get both Plats, while maximizing "fun"; it's conceivable that if I get the PS4 plat, and autopop the PS5, I'll have little incentive to investigate the improvements the PS5 version holds (besides the Yuffie DLC). Likewise if I just get the PS5 plat from my PS4 progress, I'll absolutely want to go back and clean up the PS4 trophies, and I'll probably be disappointed with the PS4 version after the improvements in the PS5 copy.

BUT, as I understand it the autopop is dependent on importing a save, so I could just work on the PS4 plat and make that save state import decision when the PS5 version drops, right?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I’m being dumb and chasing the plat for a multiplayer game. A dead one, too.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Saved the plat for picking up the platinum trophy in the game! It's a fairly easy platinum, but it took me like three weeks of playing in short sessions here and there.

Only thing I have left to do is the speedruns.

Edit: speedruns done, 100% on both base game and add-on! Ineffiable, your speedrun times are insane. If I were in better shape I'd try to challenge them.

Dr. Eldarion fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 8, 2021

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Saved the plat for picking up the platinum trophy in the game! It's a fairly easy platinum, but it took me like three weeks of playing in short sessions here and there.

Only thing I have left to do is the speedruns.

Edit: speedruns done, 100% on both base game and add-on! Ineffiable, your speedrun times are insane. If I were in better shape I'd try to challenge them.

Haha thanks, I got competitive with a few goons in the Playstation discord.

Is that officially your first ps5 platinum?

Went back and did Gravity Rush (vita) as my 256th platinum this week. This was unfinished on my profile for nearly 8 years. Gonna go and do the dlc as well.

I'm really enjoying going back and cleaning up ps3 and vita trophies. This year is kinda dry on new releases (thanks covid) so I'd like to work on my ps3 and vita stuff and get to a point where I could retire those systems with very little regret about unfinished games or trophies. Ps3 and vita are very difficult to maintain, especially with no webstore and their download speeds kind of suck compared to ps4 and ps5.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Ineffiable posted:

Is that officially your first ps5 platinum?
Yeah, first PS5 game in general, too, if you don't count trying to auto-pop the Borderlands 3 trophies. Still don't own any others...

quote:

Went back and did Gravity Rush (vita) as my 256th platinum this week. This was unfinished on my profile for nearly 8 years. Gonna go and do the dlc as well.

I'm really enjoying going back and cleaning up ps3 and vita trophies. This year is kinda dry on new releases (thanks covid) so I'd like to work on my ps3 and vita stuff and get to a point where I could retire those systems with very little regret about unfinished games or trophies. Ps3 and vita are very difficult to maintain, especially with no webstore and their download speeds kind of suck compared to ps4 and ps5.

I'm definitely considering doing this someday. I still just have so many things in my backlog that it's hard to justify going back and playing 20 hours in a random PS3 game just to pop a few things. There are a couple games that I started and never picked back up for some reason, though, and it would be good to complete those a little more. Like Deadly Premonition, Yakuza 4, Jet Set Radio...

Dr. Eldarion fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 11, 2021

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Yeah, first PS5 game in general, too, if you don't count trying to auto-pop the Borderlands 3 trophies. Still don't own any others...

I'm definitely considering doing this someday. I still just have so many things in my backlog that it's hard to justify going back and playing 20 hours in a random PS3 game just to pop a few things. There are a couple games that I started and never picked back up for some reason, though, and it would be good to complete those a little more. Like Deadly Premonition, Yakuza 4, Jet Set Radio...

Yeah like I mentioned before, I'd like to ultimately get up to 70% completion rate so it actually helps a lot more to go back to 0-1% games and get them to even 40%. It's almost as much of an effect as starting a new game and getting it to 100%.

But like I said the ps3 and vita are so difficult to deal with these days especially compared to ps4/ps5 and I'd at least like to get to a satisfying point before the hardware starts dying.

It's not really about trying to get older platinums (though if it's not too difficult like gravity rush, where I was 70% of the way there, I'd just do it) it's more about getting rid of those games with just a tiny bit of progress. If I can do the campaign in 8 hours and get 30% of the trophies I may leave it at that.

I'm working on Yakuza Like a Dragon (which probably won't be a plat) so it's nice to have these other games to break it up from hours of Yakuza. Like I said this year may be a bit dry on releases, so now is as a good time as any.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Speaking of completion rate, one of the things I don't like about PSNProfiles (and the PS UI, I suppose) is how the completion rate they show includes DLC that you don't own. Feels like you shouldn't be penalized for not buying extra content.

TrueTruphies allows you to configure how your completion rate is calculated, and configured to omit DLC I don't own, my completion rate jumps from 68.9% to 78.8%.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Speaking of completion rate, one of the things I don't like about PSNProfiles (and the PS UI, I suppose) is how the completion rate they show includes DLC that you don't own. Feels like you shouldn't be penalized for not buying extra content.

TrueTruphies allows you to configure how your completion rate is calculated, and configured to omit DLC I don't own, my completion rate jumps from 68.9% to 78.8%.

Yeah I need to check out that site more often.

Oh look at this! Number 4 for the souls borne series!

https://www.truetrophies.com/series/Souls-Borne/leaderboard

Bow down to me.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

ultrachrist posted:

^I'm about to start P5 Strikers myself. Seems like a straightforward trophy list.

I was wrong about this. Every trophy except one is simple enough playing the main and postgame. But the 'max all bond skills' trophy requires a several hour dedicated grind. So, won't be getting the plat here.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

ultrachrist posted:

I was wrong about this. Every trophy except one is simple enough playing the main and postgame. But the 'max all bond skills' trophy requires a several hour dedicated grind. So, won't be getting the plat here.

A guy on the Playstation discord did it. So you have to 100% regular game, one merciless playthrough and about 5 hours of grinding max, a total of 86 hours. I think everything except that has trophy unlocks before 60 hours and all that rest of the time is spent towards that last trophy/platinum.

And you can grind it by killing one boss over and over but it's still 15 hours.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Ineffiable posted:

A guy on the Playstation discord did it. So you have to 100% regular game, one merciless playthrough and about 5 hours of grinding max, a total of 86 hours. I think everything except that has trophy unlocks before 60 hours and all that rest of the time is spent towards that last trophy/platinum.

And you can grind it by killing one boss over and over but it's still 15 hours.

I did some research and the fastest way is grinding the sendai dire shadow on merciless (you don't actually need to finish a merciless playthrough) which is different from some of the guides, which say to grind metatron on 1st playthrough which takes ever longer. "Fastest" still means 7+ hours of repetitive action though.

For context, I haven't finished post game yet, but my main clear time (+ all regular game requests done) was under 30 hours, so the trophy is wildly out of sync with the rest of he game. No thanks.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

I just hit the same wall in Strikers. I really enjoyed it, but I just have no will to finish up the grind for the last 3-4 Fusions and that awful Eternal Bond trophy.

I'll take my 88% and call it a day.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Got all the achievements in Fallen Order. I originally played and finished the game via Origin Access and all my progress and achievements carried over when I purchased it on Steam.

Those 15hrs are mostly me running around collecting stuff along with some easy combat achievements.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

So what are you guys working on? I'm doing the sly collection on vita (I started this before those rumors about the store closure) and got the platinum for sly 1 and will be doing sly 2 next.

Currently for PS5 I've got nothing (just did 91% in Yakuza Like a Dragon) but maybe It Takes Two that comes out Friday will be good.

For PS4 I'll do overcooked all you can eat edition.

For PS3 I'll still try to grab trophies from older games.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I'm slowly working towards my first platinum trophy, which seems like it'll be Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I've always been interested in trophy hunting but never really sat down to try and do it. But I ended up with most of the trophies on a casual playthrough and now just have to clean up some combat trophies on new game + and then go through on the hardest difficulty.

My other long term goal is Cook Serve Delicious 3 plat. It's one of my favorite game series. I have the games on PC, PS4, and Switch...

Other than that I've dipped into a lot of games that I will hopefully eventually go for plat on. I'm fairly casual and don't have a ton of free time but it's fun to have these goals keeping me going.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

That's definitely one of the fun things about trophies to me. It gives me more established goals that I can tackle for each game.

I used to just play games and get to the credits and move on but now there's been games where I go do side content, play it on Hard mode, post game content, play with a new method, and so on and on.

I may not get the platinum in every game but I definitely try to and at least get to a reasonable stopping point for myself.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I'm working on Dreams right now. Have nearly every trophy but I need to get from level 15 to 30 in order to get the plat, and it's been taking me about an hour per level. There's a pretty much never ending supply of interesting content, though, so it's not really a slog.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I've got a lot of irons in the fire.

PSN - Finishing up the platinum/100% for Star Wars Battlefront (2015). Doing this has required a lot of boosting & coordination with a Discord community and it has been great experience, though challenging. I only have 2 online trophies left and a slew of offline ones to go!

Steam - Hades (going for all cheevos), Rise of the Tomb Raider (just a playthrough at least), Doom Eternal (DLC2 just released so I need those to keep my 100%).

After these titles I will work on The Last of Us (PSN) multiplayer for the plat, and then work on the FF7R (PSN) plat before the PS5 update hits in June.

For my two platforms I have the following goals for 2021 that have evolved:

PSN - chip away at multiplayer trophies so I don't have to worry about any server closures. It's why I popped back in to Battlefront, which I've been told is the hardest game on my trophy list just because of the server population. The other games to tackle will be the aforementioned TLOU, GTA5 (heard it's relatively easy to solo), RDR2 (ditto), and Rocket League (just a fun game I never gave a shot). I reserve the right to abandon any of these if they suck.

Steam - Get my global achievement rate up to 60% (currently 55%). Many ways to tackle this as I've got about 100 games in my library contributing to this. I'm really interested in getting the 100% in the Dark Souls games on Steam, of which I have the original Prepare to Die Edition of DS1, vanilla DS2, DS3, and DS1R. I beat PTDE DS1 back when it was on windows live, but missed the window to get achievements moved over to Steam so I have plenty to unlock. I never beat DS2.

Also, I have been tinkering with an Nvidia Shield for Steam Big Picture mode on my couch and it works wonderfully. Now I can play controller-friendly Steam games comfortably from the couch!

And finally, if any new titles release of course those take precedent; I won't be adding games to my backlog unless they are free (looking at you, PS+).

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

A question for you Anti-hero.

Does steam count games you bought but haven't played, in your achievement % rate?

For Playstation it only counts once you launch them and oddly enough psnprofiles.com only counts games you've earned at least one trophy in

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

A question for you Anti-hero.

Does steam count games you bought but haven't played, in your achievement % rate?

For Playstation it only counts once you launch them and oddly enough psnprofiles.com only counts games you've earned at least one trophy in

Steam is like PSNProfiles - only counts once you've earned a single achievement.

So I have 159 games in my steam library, of which 102 count. I have a slew of games with sub 5% achievements earned (Rise of the Tomb Raider) so at least getting a playthrough of those titles will improve my AGCR (Average Game Completion Rate).

Also, if you gently caress around with the unlocker and decided to relock any cheevo after you earned it, it still counts in your rate. If you buy a Steam game, unlock some achievements, and then decide you want a refund, those achievements still count, too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
100% achievements aren't a required thing for me, but if I pursue it the game in question really stuck with me for one reason or another.

I've had a few, I think, but the only one I like talking about was NIER for the PS3. The grind never ended, but goddamn I loved that game enough that I felt it was worth it. Even if it did break me.

I like to get ports of games if they have achievement support or something equivalent, if only because it gives me a goal to pursue that I may not have originally bothered with. I don't need Nintendo to go nuts with a similar system, but it'd be nice to have sort of tracker for goofy game progress.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Anti-Hero posted:

Steam is like PSNProfiles - only counts once you've earned a single achievement.

So I have 159 games in my steam library, of which 102 count. I have a slew of games with sub 5% achievements earned (Rise of the Tomb Raider) so at least getting a playthrough of those titles will improve my AGCR (Average Game Completion Rate).

Also, if you gently caress around with the unlocker and decided to relock any cheevo after you earned it, it still counts in your rate. If you buy a Steam game, unlock some achievements, and then decide you want a refund, those achievements still count, too.

Gotcha. And if you do play a game that was at 0% before, if you can get it over your average completion rate, then it's still helping your average. But you don't wanna start a game and only get to 25% which will hurt that average.

Once I catch up on some more of my backlog I want to take another look at my ps3 games and see where I can do the most improvement.

It's really difficult at my level though, I have a 63.41% rate (aiming for 70%) but this is over 734 games (counting 0% ones too) it's going to be a very slow grind but I keep working at it day by day. It really helps me stop from just hopping around from game to game and I'm more likely to focus on a few games until they're mostly finished.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Gotcha. And if you do play a game that was at 0% before, if you can get it over your average completion rate, then it's still helping your average. But you don't wanna start a game and only get to 25% which will hurt that average.

Once I catch up on some more of my backlog I want to take another look at my ps3 games and see where I can do the most improvement.

It's really difficult at my level though, I have a 63.41% rate (aiming for 70%) but this is over 734 games (counting 0% ones too) it's going to be a very slow grind but I keep working at it day by day. It really helps me stop from just hopping around from game to game and I'm more likely to focus on a few games until they're mostly finished.

For those 0% games, can't you delete them from your trophy list?

I was originally aiming for 70% on my Steam account this year, but ran the numbers in a spreadsheet and I'd have to 100% over a dozen started games in my calculation and starting with 60% for me is more manageable. Gotta have little milestones!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Anti-Hero posted:

For those 0% games, can't you delete them from your trophy list?

I was originally aiming for 70% on my Steam account this year, but ran the numbers in a spreadsheet and I'd have to 100% over a dozen started games in my calculation and starting with 60% for me is more manageable. Gotta have little milestones!

To be honest I view trophies as a scrapbook of gaming memories. I won't ever delete anything. For good or bad, it stays. I won't ever regret getting any platinum or trophy.

You absolutely have to do small milestones. My milestones currently are 300 platinums, 70% completion and 1000 games played.

When I exceed those I'll go for 400 platinums and 75% completion or something. We'll see how it goes.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

To be honest I view trophies as a scrapbook of gaming memories. I won't ever delete anything. For good or bad, it stays. I won't ever regret getting any platinum or trophy.

I really, really like this sentiment. Thanks for sharing it. It’s great to keep this little hobby in perspective.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Anti-Hero posted:

I really, really like this sentiment. Thanks for sharing it. It’s great to keep this little hobby in perspective.

Absolutely, that's the fun of it for me. I can go back and say 'I beat the poo poo out of bloodborne with 100%' and I've got proof for anyone that doesn't believe me. And it's fun scrolling through what you recently played.

In the end as long as you're enjoying it and having fun, that's all that matters.

The only rule I have with trophies is I won't let anyone do the work for me or hack in trophies. That's the only ones that are invalid to me. If the game let's you unlock them (nier automata) or you can do a glitch that anyone with the same copy of the game can do, then it's fair game.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Absolutely, that's the fun of it for me. I can go back and say 'I beat the poo poo out of bloodborne with 100%' and I've got proof for anyone that doesn't believe me. And it's fun scrolling through what you recently played.

In the end as long as you're enjoying it and having fun, that's all that matters.

The only rule I have with trophies is I won't let anyone do the work for me or hack in trophies. That's the only ones that are invalid to me. If the game let's you unlock them (nier automata) or you can do a glitch that anyone with the same copy of the game can do, then it's fair game.

What's this about nier unlocks??

I also don't feel like "boosting" is cheating, either. I still have had to work hard to get a group of people together and all the challenges represented in herding cats, it's still a valid completion.

It's a bummer that hacking achievements on Steam is so trivial, so it loses some of that validity, but again this hobby is just for me and we don't answer to anyone but ourselves (and spouses, hah). And while Steam achievement hacking is the most visible, it's apparently almost as straight forward to hack trophies on PSN.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Anti-Hero posted:

What's this about nier unlocks??

I also don't feel like "boosting" is cheating, either. I still have had to work hard to get a group of people together and all the challenges represented in herding cats, it's still a valid completion.

It's a bummer that hacking achievements on Steam is so trivial, so it loses some of that validity, but again this hobby is just for me and we don't answer to anyone but ourselves (and spouses, hah). And while Steam achievement hacking is the most visible, it's apparently almost as straight forward to hack trophies on PSN.

At the end of Nier Automata, there's a shop vender who will just sell you achievements if you want. (not real money, just like buying a healing item or weapon in the game)

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I got the platinum in Pixel Junk Monsters 2. I knew it wasn't well reviewed but I had fond memories of the first one and wanted to play a TD. Almost all trophies come from beating all the levels of on difficulties and the ones that don't are easy enough to get.

The game is frustrating because it's almost good. It's cute and the tower mechanics feel good. But it's cheap as hell-- #1 reason you will fail is because suddenly enemies, usually fliers, come down a different path than everything else has up to that point. The currency values and overall balance don't feel right either. I also repeatedly encountered this bug where the game got stuck zoomed way the hell out and I couldn't see status icons. Eventually, it reversed my controls too. Had to find a hole to jump into to reset it.'

Now I'm playing Control.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

So what are you guys working on? I'm doing the sly collection on vita (I started this before those rumors about the store closure) and got the platinum for sly 1 and will be doing sly 2 next.

Currently for PS5 I've got nothing (just did 91% in Yakuza Like a Dragon) but maybe It Takes Two that comes out Friday will be good.

For PS4 I'll do overcooked all you can eat edition.

For PS3 I'll still try to grab trophies from older games.

I'm working on the most impossible achievement: clearing my Steam backlog.

But seriously I'm just playing through some games at the moment before I commit to something crazy again like getting all the achievements in Octopath Traveler.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Just platted Maquette! Fun, unique game. I'm glad it was a PS+ title, because I probably wouldn't have heard about it / bought it otherwise.

Easily less than 10 hours for the platinum, probably doable in 5 if you're really good at puzzle games. The speedrun trophies can be a little annoying on a couple levels, but for the most part they're < 5 minutes so failing isn't a huge waste of time.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Just platted Maquette! Fun, unique game. I'm glad it was a PS+ title, because I probably wouldn't have heard about it / bought it otherwise.

Easily less than 10 hours for the platinum, probably doable in 5 if you're really good at puzzle games. The speedrun trophies can be a little annoying on a couple levels, but for the most part they're < 5 minutes so failing isn't a huge waste of time.

Speaking of ps+

I did Paper Beast yesterday from the play at home collection and oh my God it has the most tedious single trophy I've ever done that isn't (collect x thing y times or get to x kills/wins/rounds played). Kinda don't want to spoil it but here:

Paper beast is a vr game. There's a trophy for dragging a heavy tape recorder (no you can't pick it up, you just grab a corner and try to drag it) about a mile in game. Also there's like three uphill parts. It is so tedious and frustrating.

At 262 platinums and will soon overtake Policenaut as the most platinums for a goon.

I've got three currently in the works: overcooked all you can eat (ps4), dbz kakarot and Sly 2 on vita.

Next weekend I might do Moss.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Oh speaking of, finished up overcooked all you can eat (ps4), and Sly 2 (vita) platinums to (Un?)officially become the goon with the most Playstation platinums.

I'll keep on gaming! Loading up Sly 2 on the vita while still working on DBZ: Kakarot.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Oh speaking of, finished up overcooked all you can eat (ps4), and Sly 2 (vita) platinums to (Un?)officially become the goon with the most Playstation platinums.

I'll keep on gaming! Loading up Sly 2 on the vita while still working on DBZ: Kakarot.

Sounds like you are motoring along!

I figured it would be good for me to post a quarterly update. I only popped into this thread during the New Year, and now feels like a good time to reflect on my progress.

Checking my spreadsheet (neeeeeeeeerrrrrdddddd) I can see I've met a lot of milestones, and it's been a ton of fun! My nature and work habits reinforces my tendency to spin my wheels and overthink things, and having this thread as a planning outlet has been pretty helpful.

To reiterate, trophy hunting is really a small aspect of my gaming habit and a way to provide direction in which and what games to engage in. If a new release comes out, or another title in my library piques my interest, those breadcrumbs should be followed on a whim!

Here is a little copy/paste from spreadsheet.

code:
Date		Title		Platform	Notes
12/31/2020	Titanfall 2	PSN		Platinum/100%
1/2/2021	GRIS		Steam		100% cleanup
1/6/2021	Control		Steam		100% cleanup
1/15/2021	Carrion		Steam		100% playthrough
1/21/2021	Darksiders	PSN		Platinum/100%
1/25/2021	Monkey2		Steam		100% cleanup
2/19/2021	Doom Eternal	Steam		100% cleanup
2/21/2021	Darksiders 2	PSN		Platinum/100%
2/26/2021	Darksiders 2	Steam		90% playthrough
2/27/2021	Maneater	PSN		Platinum/100%
3/27/2021	SW Battlefront	PSN		100% online
4/3/2021	Doom Eternal	Steam		DLC2/100% cleanup
While it looks like a pretty big lull in March, in fact I was cranking away at the multiplayer trophies in SW Battlefront, of which I'm very pleased that I got them all. I've also sprinkled in Hades (Steam) and Rise of the Tomb Raider (Steam), of which the latter I beat the campaign yesterday.

Rise has a huge huge huge DLC list, but for now I'm going to focus on "Platting" the base game, even though Steam has no such thing, and the Baba Yaga DLC. This requires clearing the map (98% currently), running through Score Attack mode, and cleaning up misc. achievements. The endurance mode achievements are lowest priority at the moment. I should be sitting at 60% achievements after this, which is inline with my overall completion rate goal.

This weekend I need to sit down and get the platinum in SW Battlefront. I've lost steam at the home stretch, in having some pretty boring offline mode trophies left that are frustrating. Luckily the really hard ones can be done coop. Once that's done my next MP project will be Last of Us Factions mode; I've wanted that plat for years!

fake edit: It's been said in this thread that trophy hunting is a marathon, not a sprint. Oh how true that is. I average about 15-20 hours/week gaming, which is probably not as much as others, and it's great to look back and appreciate how much progress I can make in that time.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 5, 2021

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I'm literally the one that calls trophy/achievement hunting a marathon, not a sprint.

You really have to set a pace and don't be afraid to take a break as needed. Sometimes when I finish a platinum I don't even open up the next game right away. I might end up spending the rest of the night playing halo master chief collection or some other multiplayer game (I put in 150 hours of Titanfall 2 multiplayer last year for some reason)

This is something that won't matter based on how fast you can platinum a couple of games. It doesn't matter if you spend an entire weekend to platinum a game in record time. What really matters more is if you can maintain a pace and keep plugging away at that, week by week, month by month. It's better to be able to consistently spend 1-2 hours working on your goals than doing an insane weekend where you platinum a game in full but it leaves you burnt out for a week or longer. Because there is a higher risk you'll burn yourself out for a period of time measured in months maybe even a year or longer.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Ineffiable posted:

Congrats on moving to #1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Thanks Dr E.

So here's an interesting discussion.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/06/mass-effect-legendary-edition-rebalancing-tuning--mechanical-improvements/

Trophies across the trilogy have been updated
New trophies have been added to the trilogy
Progress for some now carries over across all three games (e.g. Kill 250 enemies across all games)
Trophies that were streamlined into one and made redundant were removed
A number of trophies have had their objectives/descriptions and/or names updated

This has interesting implications. My theory is they've unified the entire trilogy into one platinum/trophy list.

It's probably one giant trophy list with a bunch of dlc trophies.

I guess we're still waiting to see a final trophy list but given how they want to track something like 'kill 250 enemies' across the entire trilogy, it seems very likely it's one giant trophy list.

Hopefully they don't have insanity requirements then.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 6, 2021