Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Dota 2 anime comes out tomorrow, all my homies are gonna get together and not watch it and instead grind MMR because dota's lore is boring and I know the show is not gonna have a segment where DK avoids fights for 45 minutes until he farms a Glepnir and then dies and loses the fight for his allies, which is what Dota 2 is all about

they somehow picked the most boring dota lord to make an entire anime out of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Jay Rust posted:

Is that the trial where they take your inventory away? Cuz that rules

yeah. drove me nuts, personally, but i see the appeal

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Jay Rust posted:

When I sailed to that island and the text appeared on the screen I got hardcore spooked. Still a very good island and it was great figuring out a viable way to kill moblins on that island.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

they somehow picked the most boring dota lord to make an entire anime out of

Not just backstory boring but also visually boring. This is a very cynical take but I think it's funny how all the characters front-and-center in the dota anime are all the easiest to draw. Like, hmmmm, all human characters huh? No Venomancer anywhere? DK and his ward person look identical to the point that I would guess they're gonna pull a Chrono Trigger where "actually the ward becomes the Dragon Knight and takes the name of Davion after the cool main character knight dies". You'll not

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dota more like Scrota son of oryx

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
75 minutes into the anime it calls you a bunch of curses in Russian or maybe Portuguese, and then giant text that just says YOU WASTED 75 MINUTES CLICK HERE TO GO AGAIN.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

75 minutes into the anime it calls you a bunch of curses in Russian or maybe Portuguese, and then giant text that just says YOU WASTED 75 MINUTES CLICK HERE TO GO AGAIN.

It'll be one of those choose-your-own videos and it asks you top bot or mid

All of them are the wrong answer

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

"gently caress this gg im running it down mid" Mirana runs straight into the dragon and it eats her, then buys a silver edge and just keeps stabbing people while invisible

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

RBA Starblade posted:

Dota more like Scrota son of oryx

feeling a mix of :golfclap: and :tizzy: rn

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah it's great.

Ciaphas posted:

yeah. drove me nuts, personally, but i see the appeal

Honestly it's like being on the Great Plateau again, except you keep your hearts, stamina, Sheikah abilities and glider. Plus the island gives you attack, defense and health boosting ingredients so you can brute force some of it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Congrats to the Dota anime for managing to find the only thing worse than Dota and anime

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is it because of the algorithm that Netflix is like "yeah let's greenlight all these cheapass game anime adaptations"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Walla posted:

Honestly it's like being on the Great Plateau again, except you keep your hearts, stamina, Sheikah abilities and glider. Plus the island gives you attack, defense and health boosting ingredients so you can brute force some of it.

Ah I loved this too- feels like further into the game you're always juuuust a little too stacked with destructive hi-end gear to the point where you're trying to figure out which Legendary Sword of Radiant Might to toss away for the thing that's +1

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Maybe there is a lot of young, hopeful animators that need a job and can get exploited for low wages right now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The first ten percent of any rpg, where you’re scrounging for +1 gear, is the most fun (except jrpgs that hide their cool game systems behind fifty hours of tutorial)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The couple hours after the tutorial but before the game introduces crafting or class changing or anything complicated are extremely my poo poo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the best part of most rpgs is getting the fourth/fifth party member so i can finally glue that one dumbass to the bench where he belongs

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I downloaded Love!Live! and uh

I don't know if I'm ready for this

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Looper posted:

the best part of most rpgs is getting the fourth/fifth party member so i can finally glue that one dumbass to the bench where he belongs

Big mood. Extremely same.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Looper posted:

See you in thirty hours when you gotta use dumbass in a boss battle with no warning idiot

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I think I've mentioned it before but I am absolutely poo poo at any action RPGs, particularly modern ones. Once the action gets intense I get tense, which causes me to misclick and get my poo poo wrecked, so I get pissed and it turns into a viscious cycle to where I nearly have a panic attack when having to do combat.

Zelda games are a special exception, mostly due to childhood nostalgia but also because most fights don't require twitch reflexes and the ones that do are generally optional. Still, taking down a Lynel or even a Minor Test of Strength requires a ton of prep for me and I generally don't bother unless they're guarding something I really want.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

See you in thirty hours when you gotta use dumbass in a boss battle with no warning idiot

Kimhari's solo battle scales with him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
NG2: I just got to the first Moscow level and holy poo poo you weren't kidding about the rocket spam :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

jrpgs that hide their cool game systems behind fifty hours of tutorial

This is FF13 except there's no cool game systems

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

breath of fire 2 :argh:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

This is FF13 except there's no cool game systems

FF13 is great actually

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Simone Magus posted:

FF13 is great actually

:mods:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Simone Magus posted:

I downloaded Love!Live! and uh

I don't know if I'm ready for this

shoulda gone for idolm@ster.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm gonna play the FF13 trilogy this year

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Rarity posted:

NG2: I just got to the first Moscow level and holy poo poo you weren't kidding about the rocket spam :negative:

Just means you have to do more izuna drops :black101:

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Looper posted:

breath of fire 2 :argh:

loving highfort.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hatty posted:

Just means you have to do more izuna drops :black101:

Is that the jump-heavy attack combo with the Dragon Sword cause I levelled that up to max and now that move is just wrecking poo poo :black101:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its a move you can do after your launcher. with the Dragon Sword I think its X Y then X X X Y in the air? been a while. Its a command grab and you're invincible throughout it while also beheading the poor sap you're grabbing, it also looks real cool. Using that and also learning how to do the instant ultimate technique helped me survive the constant explosions.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh yeah I've done that a fair few times. I don't have the brain reflexes to think about specific combos in the middle of a hectic combat so my style is based on instinct more than anything

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm gonna play the FF13 trilogy this year

:sickos:

Lightning Returns is probably the actual best game in the entire series since 9 and in many ways is better than 12 and 15 too, but then again it's so different that comparing it to any other FF is comparing chocobos to moogles

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Convex posted:

saw this on reddit

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...irement/.170957

The world is a strange and confusing place

One time I heard about a company that replaced vacation and sick leave with, effectively, "leave with warning" and "leave without warning". Like do whatever the gently caress you want with those days I don't wanna hear about it, you just use the more limited pool if you don't give us advance notice. It seemed like a decent system

Lmao at this hosed up world where grief when your parasocial relationship gets married is common enough to be encoded though

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Petitioning my job for compassionate leave because the new Halo game got delayed again

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Simone Magus posted:

FF13 is great actually

I never played 13 because I fell out of love with JRPG's by then but Blinded by Light is a banger of a battle theme, imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfu0XBf8kmk

Maybe I'lll pick up the 13 "trilogy" when/if it goes on sale on Steam.

e: dang I just realized there's a Square sale going on right now, lol. Hmmm :thunk:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

Petitioning my job for compassionate leave because the new Halo game got delayed again

I am not seeing any news about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I said come in! posted:

I am not seeing any news about this?

I was riffing on the idol thing, Halo hasn't been delayed. I woulda said Cyberpunk but that game ruined the joke by coming out :v: