Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Great, Marty McFly is dead and now we're stuck in the Biff Timeline forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

My god given right to kill in front of my toddler shall not be infringed. She MUST see me snuff the life out of someone by riddling their blood-soaked corpse with hundreds of bullets.

Also she goes deaf in this scenario, but that's a small price to pay for getting to kill someone in front of her

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Thoughtless posted:

Has this scenario ever actually happened in reality or just their wet dreams

Neither, none of McCoy’s good dreams have black people in them.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting

It's an article of faith that everyone is ignoring this huge scandal.

quote:

Meanwhile in the real world the little girl is saying "how would you take my life if the Democrats took your gun" while bleeding out.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 26, 2021

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I like how even using the example of home invasion the "protagonist" is wielding some kind of high capacity rifle that you'd use to defend a loving embassy or something.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

lol

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Grimdude posted:

I like how even using the example of home invasion the "protagonist" is wielding some kind of high capacity rifle that you'd use to defend a loving embassy or something.

What you think I bought this gun that cost as much as a car and made my children subsist on substandard food to make up the cost to my paycheck so it could NOT be used to murder people? What's wrong with you sir!?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Okay so about that gun comic. Ignoring the lack of spent rounds, bullet holes or blood splatter, the way the corpse is posed suggests the intruder didn't see Dad with his M-16* before he was shot dead.

So, did Dad shoot this guy before he even walked into his daughters bedroom? Because that seems like it was Oskar Pistorious explanation as to why he shot his girlfriend dead.

* = That doesn't have a handle or a trigger. Maybe it's powered by psychic energy? That would be safer than a normal gun.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Thoughtless posted:

It’s never happened. In fact a large number of illegal guns out there are from home burglars stealing them from the houses of people like McCoy and the only thing having a gun in your house has been proven to do is drastically increase your chance of death by gun.

It’s a fantasy up there for arm chair warriors with the heroic man stopping a mass shooter with their concealed carry penis compensator

Also in that dumbass comic the guy has his off safety gun’s muzzle pointed downward at his daughter in the bed with poor trigger discipline:laffo:

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 24, 2021

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

The Question IRL posted:

Okay so about that gun comic. Ignoring the lack of spent rounds, bullet holes or blood splatter, the way the corpse is posed suggests the intruder didn't see Dad with his M-16* before he was shot dead.

So, did Dad shoot this guy before he even walked into his daughters bedroom? Because that seems like it was Oskar Pistorious explanation as to why he shot his girlfriend dead.

* = That doesn't have a handle or a trigger. Maybe it's powered by psychic energy? That would be safer than a normal gun.
The best part is it does have a trigger, it's just...up where the firing pin area would be? The gun looks like this, as far as I can tell:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Now that's an assault weapon we can all approve.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kellies nomination: Worst Gaslighting

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The royal family is racists I guess?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Alhazred posted:

The royal family is racists I guess?

They've hired a "Diversity Czar" to make them seem not racist.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Technowolf posted:

They've hired a "Diversity Czar" to make them seem not racist.

How is this not an Onion article?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the new UK Covid travel rules - The latest restrictions, which will apply from 29 March, include a list of specific ‘reasonable excuses to travel’ outside the country, including what Labour branded as ‘the Stanley Johnson clause’"

Telegraph:

After Beckett.

Matt:

Yesterday's Independent:

Times:

Nicola Sturgeon vows to focus on elections after being cleared by inquiry

Evening Standard:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

Underhanded: Democrats make our lives more dangerous while taking away our ability to defend ourselves.

Being expected to show basic consideration for others is exactly what it feels like to be living under a brutal authoritarian regime, yes.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Might want to hold off on crowing about the great situation in Texas and Florida for a week or two...

Raised By Birds posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/03/21/us/miami-beach-curfew-spring-break.amp.html

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Typically, what Europe and Australia call liberals, the US would call libertarians, except that IIRC European/Australian liberals don't have quite the same reputation for focusing on age of consent laws.

Of course not, the owner's of the desks were definitely adults.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Having a hard time finding the Chuck Asay cartoon that compares gay people to industrial pollution, that they're both "violating the laws of nature" and there's a seagull wearing a gas mask. Anyone have that?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
:siren: Two more days to vote in the 2020 Kellies! :siren:

Also tell me who died or retired in 2020 so I can give them an award!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

I read NEWS every day, and if they say "Violent Crime Up," then it must be true.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

This is the least spicy take I could make right now but drat, those are some hideous elephants.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Abyssal Squid posted:

Having a hard time finding the Chuck Asay cartoon that compares gay people to industrial pollution, that they're both "violating the laws of nature" and there's a seagull wearing a gas mask. Anyone have that?

Here you go:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Thank you!

bweep boop!
Dec 31, 2007

Nice shootin', Tex!

Unless I'm mistaken - eight of the ten worst mass shootings in the states happened under Republican presidents. FOUR of these were under Trump.

Not that this particularly means anything but it kind of defeats the entire crux of the argument.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

bweep boop! posted:

Unless I'm mistaken - eight of the ten worst mass shootings in the states happened under Republican presidents. FOUR of these were under Trump.

Not that this particularly means anything but it kind of defeats the entire crux of the argument.

But as a mediocre white man from the suburbs, my FEELINGS are what's really important here!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

BrotherJayne posted:

Aussie liberals are conservatives, right?
Australian federal parties: Liberals are conservative, Nationals are regional, Greens are red, One Nation is divisive, Centre Alliance are splitters, Labor doesn't work.

Actual answer: The Australian Liberals used to be economic liberals, which decades ago used to include other more liberal policies e.g. Liberal PM Malcolm Fraser was welcoming to Vietnamese refugees in the seventies. Under Howard the conservative factions of the party asserted control, to the point where Fraser quit the party in disgust, and after the whole Abbott-Turnbull-Morrison faction wars they are in full dominance. Their coalition partners the Nationals are even worse, just full on fighting the culture wars at this point.

The Aussie equivalent to "liberals, liberals, liberals!" is complaining about greenies, you can see this in a lot of the right-wing cartoons in particular Spooner. Combined with the culture war bullshit it explains why our climate change response is so atrocious even by world standards.

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

That was the line Morrison said when he called in to his usual blokey conversion with Ray Hadley on Sydney morning talkbalk radio.

Warren Brown:

Frankly more a statement of the median age of the readers of The Daily Telegraph than anything else.

Knight:

A march happened in Melbourne in March, and a march will happen in Melbourne in April.

Wilcox:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Actually Morrison is frantically trying to use the floods as a political distraction and failing. Also all you need to know about "Eric Abetz" is that he is a disaster headline by himself.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jurgan posted:

I read NEWS every day, and if they say "Violent Crime Up," then it must be true.

One of the things I, a modern conservative, definitely believe in and hold dear, information from the mainstream media outlets.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

I'm going to have gay sex just to spite you, Asay.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I was just wondering, do the British Red tops happen to employ any editorial cartoonists, or is their output too terrible to be reproduced?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Vagabong posted:

I was just wondering, do the British Red tops happen to employ any editorial cartoonists, or is their output too terrible to be reproduced?

As I recall The Sun dropped their last political cartoons in 2013. The Mirror occasionally uses specific cartoons, but I don't think they've ever had a regular on staff; I'm not sure why not. Maybe they feel the whole concept is just a bit too posh, and cartoons should just be mindless fun? Their daily cartoon The Perishers was sometimes indirectly political, but that was a long time ago.

bartok
May 10, 2006

For being a virulent homophobe Asay draws the most loving gay couples.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

:golfclap:

bartok posted:

For being a virulent homophobe Asay draws the most loving gay couples.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Yeah, a lot of Asay's cartoons require you to have the same bigotries he does in order to understand that you're supposed to be horrified. Like that one just posted with the couples, if you didn't realize you're supposed to automatically be horrified, you might come away thinking "yes, these are both equally equipped to take care of children and it's just fine." Especially since in the couple on the right, the baby holder is actually looking at and engaging with the baby.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I don't think "Best" anything is necessarily a good Kellies category.

"Biggest Gut Punch" definitely fits though.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Thoughtless posted:

You know that old movie, A Christmas Story? The scene where he fantasizes about chasing off a bunch of robbers with his BB gun?

Republicans think that was a documentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

he says, still holding a loaded assault rifle over his daughter's bed