Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

We all knew the jig was up when they "upgraded" the web store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Speaking of digital media, it’s always weird to me that everyone I know just stopped torrenting. Like they got busted downloading Paprika in like 2012 and just gave up and are at the mercy of the shadowy forces of netflix

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
do you think all the ps3's in the last of us part II have a dead cmos

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the next astrobot game is a post-apocalyptic adventure game set in a world where all the robot buddies having dying batteries

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Speaking of digital media, it’s always weird to me that everyone I know just stopped torrenting. Like they got busted downloading Paprika in like 2012 and just gave up and are at the mercy of the shadowy forces of netflix

I stopped torrenting a few years ago cos I had access to so many streaming services through friends and family but now there's just an insane amount so I found in the last year I've gone back to torrents.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

It was those golden years where Netflix had a huge library for $10/mo and no competitors. Then the media companies caught up and now if you want to watch The Office or That 70s Show or Friends, each one is a separate app, service, and subscription. Torrenting is actually on the rise in the last couple years.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, it was all well and good when everyone just wanted to be on Netflix but now Netflix is apparently a dumping ground for original content???

Weedle
May 31, 2006

MechaSeinfeld posted:

i still torrent all my movies. the only reason we have netflix/hulu/etc. at the house is because my wife likes sitcoms but the movie selection is absolute poo poo-rear end crud on every single streaming service except the criterion channel

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, it was all well and good when everyone just wanted to be on Netflix but now Netflix is apparently a dumping ground for original content???

It's a dumping ground for shows that get between 1 and 3 seasons, depending on their whims. There's almost zero point watching any of their series these days because they get cut off at the knees almost straight away. Long gone are the days of OITNB getting 7 seasons.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

This might've been a US only thing, but in like 2010 when Starz foolishly licensed their entire library to Netflix for beans, that poo poo ruled.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I have like 6 different streaming services but I still torrent because it's easier than finding what the hell service the show I want to watch is playing on. Also Plex rules.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I beat Cyberpunk again, this time on PS4 (Pro)! I got a used (but practically brand new) physical copy on Amazon for :20bux: and just finished it. It ran surprisingly well! Not great, and there were still a handful of glitches, but it ran way better than the last time I tried to play this on PS4 (release week). It might've even run smoother than it did on my PC, though I think I was pushing it too hard on my PC. The patches have definitely made a difference.

Anyway, game's still good. Not quite great, but pretty good. If you have a PS4 Pro and can get a physical copy for cheap, I'd say it's worth playing now if you haven't already. If you have a regular PS4 though, it might be tougher to recommend. I'm sure CDPR will patch it further eventually, though I'm not sure how much more they can do on this generation of hardware. But I had a mostly fine experience with it, so yeah.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

acksplode posted:

This might've been a US only thing, but in like 2010 when Starz foolishly licensed their entire library to Netflix for beans, that poo poo ruled.

Oh man i was so psyched when i saw Spartacus on Netflix. TV show of the decade

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Weedle posted:

i still torrent all my movies. the only reason we have netflix/hulu/etc. at the house is because my wife likes sitcoms but the movie selection is absolute poo poo-rear end crud on every single streaming service except the criterion channel

There’s a streaming service called Stan here and a lot of the movies are some real OnCinema popcorn classic poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's a dumping ground for shows that get between 1 and 3 seasons, depending on their whims. There's almost zero point watching any of their series these days because they get cut off at the knees almost straight away. Long gone are the days of OITNB getting 7 seasons.

I really liked Dark and I Think You Should Leave and then every other original show I’ve seen is so bad. Like if I find a Netflix producer on the right coked out day maybe he’ll just give me a season

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Like if I find a Netflix producer on the right coked out day maybe he’ll just give me a season

MechaSeinfeld posted:

the next astrobot game is a post-apocalyptic adventure game set in a world where all the robot buddies having dying batteries

Hello my name is PUFS and I represent Project Greenlight. We'd like to talk to you about your ideas...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arkham City and Phantom Pain just got patched :aaa:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

acksplode posted:

It was those golden years where Netflix had a huge library for $10/mo and no competitors. Then the media companies caught up and now if you want to watch The Office or That 70s Show or Friends, each one is a separate app, service, and subscription. Torrenting is actually on the rise in the last couple years.

It's hilarious to see the same poo poo happen again once the people who lived through it the first time have all retired.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Phantom Pain just got patched :aaa:

chapter 3!?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Konami and Sony are trying to disarm every PS4 to achieve world peace.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Konami and Sony are trying to disarm every PS4 to achieve world peace.

that explains the CMOS issue

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

MechaSeinfeld posted:

every bittorrent client downloaded by a teen ityool 2021 heralds the arrival of a budding anarchist :swoon:

people got suckered by the empty promises of streaming and we're pretty much back where we left off in the early 00s as far as platform/content proliferation goes. the large media corps pulled off major consolidation efforts and insane mergers in the last decade, they managed to largely distract the zoomers from ever knowing what a torrent is and so as a practice it holds less space in the public consciousness.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I skipped a whole danged day of posts
With more chicken little than most!
If ranting and raving
Is what goons are craving
Why not mock a QoP boast?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I stopped torrenting because I got a job that, you know, paid me. Like a direct deposit into my bank account (never thought I'd have one of THOSE!) every couple of weeks. Suddenly if I wanted to play a game or watch a movie I just, you know, did. I mean I always had and probably always will have more games than any dozen humans could play in a single lifetime so I dunno. Piracy scratched the depression-itch of want-something-new but couldn't do anything about the short attention span, and gave me no incentive to. Maybe that's why I love the movie Rampage so much. Gosh darn it I paid my money. I'm gonna see ALL the movie.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I dunno about phantom pain but Arkham city got patched to fix issues on PS5. It was running at 720p or something like that

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arkham City and Phantom Pain just got patched :aaa:

I looked it up, and what Phantom Pain got was...

quote:

• Stability Improvements

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

never be game over..,

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Casnorf posted:

I stopped torrenting because I got a job that, you know, paid me. Like a direct deposit into my bank account (never thought I'd have one of THOSE!) every couple of weeks. Suddenly if I wanted to play a game or watch a movie I just, you know, did. I mean I always had and probably always will have more games than any dozen humans could play in a single lifetime so I dunno. Piracy scratched the depression-itch of want-something-new but couldn't do anything about the short attention span, and gave me no incentive to. Maybe that's why I love the movie Rampage so much. Gosh darn it I paid my money. I'm gonna see ALL the movie.

Same except I'm still on my dad's netflix, which I assume will be done soon because they've started making statements about cracking down on that.

At least the international netflix stuff is probably better with content than the US one, I get studio ghibli

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
One of these days I'll play more than the first couple hours of Arkham City instead of just playing Arkham Asylum again. And then maybe Arkham Knight in the distant future....

Anyway, Uncharted 2 is still good and I think I'm near the end (Chapter 20) and I like that, just like UC1, they included a part where you shoot monsters that came out of nowhere with Nazi submachine guns that came out of nowhere. Hoping this motif continues through the next two games also

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

MechaSeinfeld posted:

It's just pure laziness for me. I don't care. I am constantly overburdened with poo poo to watch that I wont even have time for. I really have no desire to curate some torrented library or deal with any effort more than the barest minimum. If there is something I actually really want to watch and it isn't available for free, it's usually not more than once a month and I'm fine with just paying $3-5 to rent it. it's usually some indie movie I feel better paying for anyways, or some 80's thing that costs $2 to rent.

The new torrenting is just leeching 10 different streaming services off friends and family. I have pretty much all of them and I only pay for Netflix, and the only reason I pay for Netflix is that people I am leeching off of are leeching off my Netflix account lol.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Wolfsheim posted:

One of these days I'll play more than the first couple hours of Arkham City instead of just playing Arkham Asylum again. And then maybe Arkham Knight in the distant future....

I'd rather just play Asylum again

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

The new torrenting is just leeching 10 different streaming services off friends and family. I have pretty much all of them and I only pay for Netflix, and the only reason I pay for Netflix is that people I am leeching off of are leeching off my Netflix account lol.

Netflix has caught onto that model and is going to crack down on it because how dare people find convenience in a service.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I am excited to see what they will do that doesn't cause problems for all users or can be circumvented easily.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s gonna be a 2FA code when you log in from a new device. Which, tbh, is probably something they should have implemented years ago.

But doesn’t bode well for anyone who’s been using their girlfriend’s sister’s account for the past five years on the DL :negative:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
All you do then is have the person you leech from text you the code and activate it on your TV. Done.

I mean yes, it is slightly more hassle but it's like 1 minute of a conversation while you are on the phone anyway. And I assume you only let people leech that you are on speaking terms with so no big deal.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
So how useful are these nail art moves in Hollow Knight? I've got a couple now and they don't quite seem powerful enough for their charge time but maybe I'm using them wrong or haven't powered up enough or something. Given how much of a nightmare it was to reach the one I just got in the Greenpath area, I kinda hoped the reward was going to be a platforming thing that would let me get around even easier.

Also, that room, holy crap man. I really like the Greenpath area (honestly every area I've found so far has a really enjoyable sense of atmosphere, except the Deepnest for obvious reasons), but I'm going to hold a grudge just because of that one platform challenge.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dont think I used a single one, there's a charm that let's you charge them up quicker but that just seemed like a waste of notches.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

TheDarkFlame posted:

So how useful are these nail art moves in Hollow Knight? I've got a couple now and they don't quite seem powerful enough for their charge time but maybe I'm using them wrong or haven't powered up enough or something. Given how much of a nightmare it was to reach the one I just got in the Greenpath area, I kinda hoped the reward was going to be a platforming thing that would let me get around even easier.
Dubiously so. They're cool to learn, but they're mostly not that great. I never really found a good way to integrate into my playstyle.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Welp I think I'm nearing endgame of Iceborne. I'm MR 120 and I think I'm done with Assigned/Special Events, I've found and killed all the Guiding Lands mons, and at this point it's just mopping up some Optionals, searching for endemic life, and maybe some Tempered and Arch Tempered events. I'm still finding poo poo though, like I just found out about Tailrider Swap :3:

Man, what a ride, I had no idea I'd ever play so much of this game, I outlasted all my friends. I almost want to plat Iceborne or at least vanilla, but I figure the crown trophies are a pain in the rear end and I don't know if I've got another...what...?150 hours? in me

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

TheDarkFlame posted:

So how useful are these nail art moves in Hollow Knight? I've got a couple now and they don't quite seem powerful enough for their charge time but maybe I'm using them wrong or haven't powered up enough or something.

The pros use the hell out of them, but I never got into the habit either. You can complete the game without them, no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Welp I think I'm nearing endgame of Iceborne. I'm MR 120 and I think I'm done with Assigned/Special Events, I've found and killed all the Guiding Lands mons, and at this point it's just mopping up some Optionals, searching for endemic life, and maybe some Tempered and Arch Tempered events. I'm still finding poo poo though, like I just found out about Tailrider Swap :3:

Man, what a ride, I had no idea I'd ever play so much of this game, I outlasted all my friends. I almost want to plat Iceborne or at least vanilla, but I figure the crown trophies are a pain in the rear end and I don't know if I've got another...what...?150 hours? in me

Thanks to your epic tales of your journey I’m finally going to install MHW and play it this weekend, hope you are happy