Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I like 3 better and I’ve never even played Dark Souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
3 is the best of the classics but Super is fun in a new and exciting kinda way.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
4's aesthetics are near-unmatched in classic Castlevania, but it's too long and the first half is too easy, which if you're trying for a 1CC makes it a slog after a while. 1, 3 and Bloodlines have tighter designs which makes extended play more enjoyable

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)
5. Super Mario World (96 exits)
6. Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. (no warps, no continues)
7. Truxton II (1-ALL, 1CC) - video
8. Bonk's Adventure (NES)
9. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu (NES, no death)
10. Persona 4 (Normal ending)

i think i like this one better than 5. it's shorter and no part of it drags, characters are more memorable, the story is much more interesting. im probably about to hop right into ng+ in fact.

i only made it a little over halfway thru 3 because some midboss walled me hard and i kinda drifted away but my ranking currently stands 4>5>3. i will try 3 again but i think i'll emulate the psp version instead of fes

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mycophobia posted:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)

i think i like this one better than 5. it's shorter and no part of it drags, characters are more memorable, the story is much more interesting. im probably about to hop right into ng+ in fact.

i only made it a little over halfway thru 3 because some midboss walled me hard and i kinda drifted away but my ranking currently stands 4>5>3. i will try 3 again but i think i'll emulate the psp version instead of fes

if you can stick it out through 80 hours of tartarus and mostly bad slinks you will see 3 is better than 5

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mycophobia posted:

2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)

congrats. soon you will realize 5 is the weakest of "the big three" persona games, and we will be here waiting with open arms.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

NG+ Hard Mode is so ridiculously easy btw lol, so definitely pick that. I don't remember if Hard is a requirement for the true ending or not, but just do it anyway imo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

if you can stick it out through 80 hours of tartarus and mostly bad slinks you will see 3 is better than 5

This.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

If you play p3p you can have an slink with koromaru the best persona character.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

If you play p3p you can have an slink with koromaru the best persona character.

Wrong. Black Sports Girl you fatshame.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wrong. Black Sports Girl you fatshame.

lol. okay if you play the male mc you can slink yuko but if you're the girl mc you can slink koromaru. hard choice but i still have to go with the dog

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Who could forget Gay French Transfer Student and Incurable Disease Kid

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Who could forget Gay French Transfer Student and Incurable Disease Kid

I think I speak for every imp when I say you will not soon be forgotten.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Nioh 2, but i'm probably gonna check out the NG+/DLC stuff tomorrow while i'm anxiously waiting for MH Rise to unlock. The story grew on me a lot in the last third of the game or so -- it's funny that after a bunch of nondescript castles and villages and forests the game actually does have some really cool, fantastical settings up its sleeve, it just saves them for the end. I also like that it's a prequel but also a weird time-travel sequel to the first game; the William duel and then subsequent team-up was very epic. -- overall even if I never dive deep into the apparently substantiative NG+ content, I definitely got my money's worth out of this game and then some, it's one of my favorite games in a long time.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

trying to jack off posted:

castlevania 4 is only better if youre a noob

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

I think I speak for every imp when I say you will not soon be forgotten.

Thank you.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

castlevania 4 is only better if youre a noob

indeed

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Kiwami.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Control.
I admit I slept on this one when it came out. Very cool game though

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

4. Yakuza 0. All substories. 100 percent completion.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yakuza kiwami 2. badass game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

4. Yakuza 0. All substories. 100 percent completion.

extremebuff posted:

yakuza kiwami 2. badass game

*nods, impressed*

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Wilmot's Warehouse on expert mode. missed two deliveries towards the end though, pretty mad at myself for that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That game looked interesting and I do love organizing but it also made me feel like I'd be stressed out playing it. I think it's on Game Pass though so I'll give it a shot.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Hades.

Great game but jfc I couldn't stand Meg and her vocal fry as gently caress voice

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

MrMidnight posted:

Hades.

Great game but jfc I couldn't stand Meg and her vocal fry as gently caress voice

:gb2gbs:

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I never thought to organize stuff by color that is cool.. I just put boxes in categories that made sense in my head like abstract patterns, natural stuff, body parts, tools etc. I should pick that game up again

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

American McGay posted:

That game looked interesting and I do love organizing but it also made me feel like I'd be stressed out playing it. I think it's on Game Pass though so I'll give it a shot.

the game gives you "stock breaks" every few rounds where you can slow down and organize things however you want (on standard mode there's no time limit for these). overall it's pretty chill

Brasseye posted:

I never thought to organize stuff by color that is cool.. I just put boxes in categories that made sense in my head like abstract patterns, natural stuff, body parts, tools etc. I should pick that game up again

ya that's what tried on my first playthrough but then someone is asking for something and I couldn't remember whether i filed it under summer items, nature items, or abstract shape

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i got that game free on epic cause ive been really curious about it since release but i never downloaded it fuuu

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2 - Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op
7. Persona 5 Strikers (IMP ZONE PIONEER)
8. Halo ODST - Legendary Co-Op
9. Bravely Default 2 - True Ending (IMP ZONE PIONEER)
10. Super Mario™ 3D World - Co-Op
11. Code Vein - Good Ending

Of the big three Souls clones (Nioh, The Surge, Code Vein) this is definitely the shittiest I think. Way too many cutscenes, lots of lovely zones, and really boring weapons. The description "job system in a Dark Souls game" sounds like it should own, but most of the stuff you can unlock is really boring and inconsequential. Cool character creator tho.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

Hades.

Soy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
tfw your voice is vocal fry as gently caress

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MrMidnight posted:

Hades.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MrMidnight posted:

Hades.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

lol good stuff

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

little munchkin posted:

Wilmot's Warehouse on expert mode. missed two deliveries towards the end though, pretty mad at myself for that

i need to start this again. i left it too long and forgot my warehouse layout and got too scared to load my game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Bugsnax (Platinum Trophy)

bugshit